LCD The Records of the Human Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gaianova, Mar 21, 2017.

1. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahaha. Dude. I wanted to write my post at 682, but figured I should finish out the author's explanation, just to see if he cleared things up in the following chapter, but no, he just doubled down on his position.

The fact that the author chose aluminum powder as the secret ingredient shows that he did do research, but for some weird reason he chose a type of concrete that's used for an entirely different purpose.

And I have no doubt I'm not the only reader who reacted like "Aluminum? Dafuq? Never heard of that being added to concrete. I wonder what it does?" *jumps on the google*

I get that the author needs there to be some modicum of secrecy with his modern day technologies, so a "secret" ingredient like aluminum makes sense from a plot perspective to create WC's "unique" and superior concoction. Just like the tempering method used on the wootz steel swords happened to turn them into super weapons which obviously couldn't exist (even in modern day). At no point could anyone forge a sword, using any material or method, that could cut an entire block of Iron in half with one casual swing, so even some of the modern technologies have a little bit of fantasy mixed in.

But the fact is the author is just using concrete as a paving material, he doesn't need to give it some super secret process that suddenly makes it ten times stronger, especially when that technique has no basis in reality, or at least the version that does exist in reality does the exact opposite of what the author wrote. Another reason is that there's no way this recipe could stay secret. I understood how the secret behind the wootz steel sword was able to be kept, but with the quantities of concrete he's going to be producing, there's no way everyone won't find out how it's made.

It's nit-picky, but I'm only pointing this out because the author tried to get fancy with something that would have worked just fine had he written it normally. We'll also probably never read about the concrete recipe again as the author's already established the technology, just bothered me, because that's something I always do in these novels, is check to see if the technology the MC is implementing is an actual product.

Did this with the different facial products the MC invents implements in Transmigrator Meets Reincarnator. Turns out they were things that replaced the lead based products that came before, and the MC actually used a superior product and valid technological advancement to write it out. I appreciate that attention to detail in that one aspect of the novels I read, bugged me that it didn't happen in this one.

2. Rizkiv1

Rizkiv1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, the Harem tag was removed? And suddenly mass release

3. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    So i have a gripe with this novel. The terminology of power levels. I remember having this 100's of chapters ago too but i just ignored it. This chapter it stuck out a bit more.

Imperial Martial Realm ---> Saint Martial Realm

Makes sense

But now we have Wang Chong referring to the Saint Martial Realm as Great General level and Imperial Great General level.

When referring to power levels some sentences read like this.

"He is of the Imperial Great General level, my Imperial Martial Realm Strength is nothing before his Peak Saint Martial Realm strength. I've met Great General like this before"

So, when you read it you can make sense of it all but i have to ask. Why are there so many terms for the same level of power and why are some of them so similar to different level of powers even using the same keyword at times.
    Is this a translation oopsie or was it the author that made this oopsie.

This becomes really annoying when you are reading through something a bit quicker than normal, everything gets jumbled. And even when you aren't these things should not be so similar and so frequently interchanged between terms meaning the same thing.

It is getting annoying.

Lol i see your nitpick now. In this situation i think i agree.

Next time i'll be sure didn't miss a mass release and assume we were on the same chapter. :(

There shouldn't be a Harem Tag at all... not based on what is currently translated at least. Wang Chong has no girls, forget about a harem of them lol.

4. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    why this underrated? this book need more love!

Hoshiandme likes this.
  5. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    OH MY LORD! LAST CHAPTER!!!! SO SHAMELESS SCUM SCUM SCum!!

I can’t wait to see his face slapped holy shit. The soldiers of his army need to leave, who would follow the command of such a selfish piece of shit? Who the hell would follow his commands?! He doesn’t earn or even have the deceny to even have an ounce of respect to be on his being.
    Ugh.
    The Fumeng Lincha Arc is pissing me off.
    Someone spoil for me now. When is it over. I was hoping it’d be over when MC beat the U-Tsang and he’d be impeached for desertering fellow tang and ignoring his duty and honor and code. Such a piece of shit.

6. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh gosh! Latest chapters insane.
    This is rebellion.
    Such orders call for a martial execution.
    Rebels are not tolerated in any army. And his rising to this position was by decree not by his own enforcement.
    Damn bastard soldiers.
    I thought the soldiers were pretty decent. During the battle of the triangular gap, the soldiers expressed lots of regret and shame for behaving the way they did. I thought they were getting done with Fumeng Lincha’s ways and stupid behavior. But turns out why are all stupid bitches.

Lokumi likes this.
  7. Sparty09

Sparty09 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm up to ch. 180 but can someone clarify something for me does Wang Chong have 30 year time limit or 10 year time limit since his reincarnation before the foreign race that conquered the continent first made their appearance?

8. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be honest. I think that the timeline is irrelevant.

Later 8n the story Wang Chong has started to affect things so much that timelines for things have changed.

The butterfly effect as it is.

I dont know but I doubt that the timeline remains the same.

9. Blidf

Blidf Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Blidf

Blidf Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to post some map

11. Blidf

Blidf Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But system say, i must post 5 post until i can send image

12. Blidf

Blidf Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry from spam

13. Blidf

Blidf Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got the image from google

14. Blidf

Blidf Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Blidf

Blidf Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Lokumi likes this.
  16. Blidf

Blidf Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Human emperor map

17. Blidf

Blidf Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The map
    is still missing location for foreign country

18. Sparty09

Sparty09 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I just passed the 300 chapter mark and this has been on my mind lately since the world WC is trying to save is centered around all of Asia I'm under the impression that the "foreign race" that attacked them is just a European power that used the silk road to conquer all of Asia. Well I could still be wrong since have to read 600 more chapters to catch up with current translation and more information about the "foreign race" could probable revealed in those chapters.

19. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read past currently translated chapters so I'm totally guessing from what I've read. I was always under the impression that the 'Foreign Race' was something a touch more... mystical. I could be wrong and it would make more sense for it to just be another Empire from across the seas or something that is strong enough to exert a winning military force in Asia. But i just always felt that this 'Foreign Race' was going to be the lead up to the expansion of RHE's world. Like higher realms or some such spin on the concept. Afterall, the Stone of Destiny is a pretty big hint that there is more to the world than just this Mortal Realm imo. Plus Wang Chong is nearly Peak of The Saint Martial Realm... as far as i know the Emperor is the only person at the next realm of power... perhaps i have read too many Xianxia in the past but i just get the feeling we are headed to a Universe Expansion despite the relatively contained scope of the plot and world.

20. Sparty09

Sparty09 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm that is most likely going to happen since this is still a Xianxia novel but I'm going to stick to my theory for now until I start seeing proof that says otherwise and as for who that 'foreign race' is I'm going to pick the Byzantine Empire(395 – 1453 AD) since if you look at the map you can see that it's eastern border sits next to the entrance to the silk road.

Since either the author or translator using the word catastrophe for every event WC is trying to prevent what is the major event that happens 5 years after WC reincarnation? Is it the war in the south with Mengshe Zhao? or the Hu rebellion?

Last edited: May 20, 2019