Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello and welcome:) @Welcome to the Forum

2. TheMoonlitShadow

TheMoonlitShadow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please call me Moonlit, would prefer not to be called Shadow, only have that in my name out of habit.
    I'm a poor little chuuni who likes video games, music, writing, drawing, visual novels, and anime, and I've been going into light novels and manga more recently. I have a habit of not watching popular anime, though.

Yuri/Shoujo ai, fantasy, adventure are about the core three genres/tags I love. I'll read almost anything, based on boredom levels, but whether or not I like it is going to depend on the specifics. The lack of canon yuri in anime and vn's (subtext isn't a tag, which makes it hard to find and it is also sometimes really annoying) is a decent part of what drove me to manga and ln's.

The above should be enough for recommending me stuff, since I can be incredibly picky when I'm in the mood for it and there's not much that'll stop that.
    I haven't read much, my memory is terrible, and I'm shit at choosing favorites, so I won't be able to use light novels as my favorites. ef - a fairy tale of the two is one of my favorite nakiges of all time, a genre I appreciate greatly partially because of its prevalence in plot based vn's.
    Master Of The Wind, a superhero rpgmaker game you probably haven't heard of, impacted me the most out of about anything I can recall.
    I know I gave nothing that matched my favorite tags/genres, thats because I'm shit at finding stuff. Hopefully I can get some help with that, as in, you find it for me, because I don't think I'll be able to figure out how.

Is this too long? Probably, I'm ramble-y and like to talk to myself. I've had a few very significant experiences with forums before, so maybe this will be one of them. Or maybe I'll disappear in a week. Wonder if anyone will recognize me?

3. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the Forum and you enjoy yourself here and have fun . as well as find the novels your looking for

4. TheMoonlitShadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I'll finally find the perfect story that will be uncannily similar to the one I'm trying to write.

5. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    What might that be?

6. TheMoonlitShadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, literally the three tags I listed, but with a few extra distinctions from the generic japanese isekai fantasy's that I realized I really disliked, and then the rest relatively generic with themes and stuff lifted from nakige's. Those distinctions are the whole guilds system that seems rather prevalent, unimportant monsters. I want to have monsters like those from Titan Souls, and probably also Shadow of the Colossus which inspired it although I don't really know much about SotC, monsters that visually stunning and feel significant with a mystical beast kind of feel. I want a plot that follows the adventure, rather than a forced adventure that is a pure result of the plot telling the characters to do this and go there. And of course, I want my own original, special snowflake magic system. And no isekai, because I don't see that fitting in the story. No grudge against it as a genre or trope though.

Hopefully all this brings something very specific, or multiple things, that sound very similar to mind that hopefully I'd love.

7. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I don't really read yuri/shoujo ai. I hope you find someone who can help you, though.

8. Kususarin

Kususarin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!
    Sorry. I'd have to say no. I apologize for the late reply though haha I couldn't get online till now.

OnceandFutureLurker likes this.
  9. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    It's okay, don't worry, i'm not your nagging girlfriend after all.

Kususarin likes this.
  10. warireku

warireku New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually I use Wari as my online name so I'll just go with that here. My hobby is redrawing/typesetting doujins, but I'm not really active at it anymore (damn you employment).
    I'm mainly an anime watcher and a manga reader, but I recently picked up a couple of LNs to read for the first time due to them being related anime I've watched. I'm entirely new to LNs so I have no favorite novels.
    While I generally like Yuri/GL, I usually don't pick what to read/watch based on its genre that much, so I'm okay with anything if anyone wants to suggest. (Although, if my experience with anime has taught me anything, it's that I rarely enjoy horror / robot genre. Can still try though.)

11. Yoink

Yoink New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nickname you want us to call you: Yoink or yoinky
    Hobbies/interests: Yeeting
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: fantasy, sci fi, noble villainess girl, BL, xianxia, kingdom building,
    Your favourite novel/read and WHY; don't really have one

12. AgroSquerril

AgroSquerril Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi All , I be AgroSqueriil. You can call me anything you want as long as its not late for dinner.

I am currently working on making "audio books" of web novels as well as live streaming the reading of web novels. This is a project i have been thinking about doing for sometime but only started it recently (last month). I also enjoy the normal reading of them , in my head and not out loud. As well as computer games, comics ect.

13. Agares

Agares Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm Agares
    I like to read, listen to music, play VN, games, see some researchings...
    I really like psychological genres, in comedy, slice of life, dramas... like Youkoso, oregairu, dungeon defense, mushoku tensei, death marchm tanaka, etc... I like novel where the characters has monologues, where you can read what he/she thinks, also why not to get a new point of view. Uhm... That's all about me i think... :3

14. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    Hai, My Name/Nickname is BeardyRABBIT
    hobby : listen to music, watching anime and reading.
    my favorite genre : Slice of life,pcycologi and Romance
    I also like Oregairu and Mushoku tensei, both are top in my list. i also like some heavy romance. Hmmm.. it's been few months since I become new member but this is my first time here. so nice to meet you all friends

15. Agares

Agares Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello BeardyRABBIT, do u have any recomendation of heavy romance in novels or anime or manga?... I read a few ones, it weren't bad, but i think i can read better ones. Thanks for replying

16. KarrayGreyjoy

KarrayGreyjoy Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    here is my list anime romance
    Ao haru ride
    Tsukitte li na yo
    amagami ss
    ore monogatari
    Clannad
    Kuzu no honkai.
    and for the novel... as for romance novel, So far I only read a series from my country, so I cant recommend any.

18. DroJoke

DroJoke Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,my NickName is DroJoke.
    Hobby:Gaming(RPG,RTS & BR),Listen to music & reading some book.
    My Fav genre is:History,sci-fi and rommance.

19. dreamxx

dreamxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm Alyssa! I love reading and absolutely adore bl books, especially fantasy xianxia/ cultivation types or those taking place in a palace setting~ if anyone has any recommendations please let me know! My favorites are mo da zu shi, heaven's official blessing, scum villian, the errant dragon, counterfeit bride and a seductive gentleman

20. Ezro

Ezro Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone. I pretty much only registered to take advantage of the looking for... channel but it turns out I don't yet have the privileges to use it so I'll just ask here!

I'm looking for something in a similar style to Ze Tian Ji, Pivot of the Sky, Nightfall, Tales of Reincarnated Lord, Amber Sword, Legend of the Great Saint, Falling in Love with the Villainess.

What I most enjoyed about these novels was kind of a slower and bit more literary development of the story, more fleshed out and engrossing characters and a suitably long journey between MC being a whelp and the walking incarnation of a god breaking mountains with a glance.

No harem is a plus but not necessary since it invalidates like half of the novels out there.

I've already read the World of Cultivation but got increasingly bored with it starting with the competition arc.

Last edited: May 25, 2019