Spoiler I’m Only a Stepmother But my Daughter is Just so Cute!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by morticia_addams, Mar 2, 2019.

1. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

***TOC reflects spoiler thread up to pg. 8, Post #157 as of Nov 28, 2021***

Novel / Manhwa
    • Title: 계모인데 딸이 너무 귀여워
      5 VOLS / [Main Story] Prologue + 185 Chs / [SS] 24 Chs / [Special SS] 4 Chs
    I initially wanted to put this TOC together for a long time b/c 1) this story is rather enjoyable and the improvement of their family relationship over the course of the story is healing and 2) I didn't want to go through however many posts just to figure out what happened w/ the mermaid and MC. However, I kept putting it off (for a month) b/c of the posts making light of ML's sexual abuse.

Just a reminder that ML was raped between the ages of 13-14yo by a woman a ~decade older than him while he was sick and incapacitated. I don't know if anyone has ever experienced sexual assault or had someone close to them gone through the experience, but ML should be given some leeway for treating his daughter and ogWife coldly. As someone who had a friend disappear overnight and come back in the morning severely mentally broken, it's an incredibly haunting memory to have... and it's uncomfortable to not only read his behavior judged more harshly compared to ogAbigail, but to also read his r*pe and trauma be minimized to just "questionable consent (dubcon) at best".

To start with, ogAbigail made a lot of unwanted sexual advances towards him, which is coercion = sexual assault - don't ignore that or try to brush it off just because she is a woman, women also need to be held accountable. Manhwa also showed flashbacks of ogAbigail trying to emotionally manipulate him into getting physically intimate with her (crying, showing up in his room and trying to jump him), under the pretext of producing another heir.

Another point that doesn't seem to have been considered, Blanche is the product of ML being r*ped at a young age while barely conscious. It is terrible that Blanche was neglected by a father who does not try to hide his indifference to her presence; I can't imagine being in her position and it is undeniably sad to be a child born out of r*pe. But also keep in mind, Blanche carries some of the r*pist's facial features (no matter how little the resemblance is) and is a living reminder of ML's sexual abuse.

Tbh, this thread is mentally draining to read through at some points b/c it seems that the lifelong psychological effects of sexual abuse on ML is not taken seriously and his flippant behavior is attributed to a bad personality rather than PTSD developed over a decade. It's understandable he had difficulty interacting with his child and disliked ogAbigail. It's a miracle he even learns to love and form a relationship w/ either of them... I'm not sure how many people could do that if they had a child from r*pe and was married to the body of someone who repeatedly failed to respect their physical boundaries. Frankly, I don't know how being traumatized from sexual abuse makes ML a "scum" human being. I hope any future readers who come across this understand it's possible to feel upset for how Blanche was treated AND ML's sexual assault at the same time, those things don't have to be mutually exclusive of one another.

- Le_Tired

Characters (spelling may vary across TLs)

[c/o Le_Tired] **UNDER CONSTRUCTION**

• Abigail / Lily - MC, Empress
    • Sabelian - ML, Emperor
    • Blanche - MC's stepdaughter, biological child of Sabelian and r*pist Miriam
    • Hiver - (future) biological son of MC & ML
    • Verite - fairy stuck in MC's hand mirror, (future) husband of Blanche
    • Miriam - Blanche's biological mother, r*pist
    • Karin - Miriam's sister, Blanche's aunt
    • Raven - ML's half brother
    • Lantana - reincarnation of ogAbigail
    • Nadia - mermaid
    • Madame Jeremy - Blanche's former nanny
    • Gideon
    Summary / MTL (somewhat in order)
    [c/o dahlhoney, Vardalyn]

Novel Summary
    General Spoilers
    [c/o dahlhoney, Vardalyn]

ML & MC
    Blanche & Verite
    Miscellaneous
    Mermaid

TOC: @Le_Tired

Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    Mari2121, Xi-hime, Am_elf and 18 others like this.
  3. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Sexy.... Sexy panties?!!! Bwaahaahaa

4. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems wholesome

bleedingliar24 and Laura_Unnie like this.
  5. earp

earp villainess trash reader ;)

Reading List:
    Link
  6. LynneSuzuran

LynneSuzuran JP Translator and Author

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler please xD
    Will they get along well? What about the male lead (presumably Blanche's father)? And will MC have a child on her own in the future?

Yeona.xy, bleedingliar24 and Mikaa like this.
  7. Anandine

Anandine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello !
    Sadly I don't have spoilers but I did find a promotional webtoon for this novel, and it's translated in English ^^ You can find it on secretlandcastle's wordpress website (under the name : I'm just a stepmother but my daughter is just so cute) :blobsmilehappy:

Mikaa likes this.
  8. dahlhoney

dahlhoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hii
    I read the novel raw on kakaopage...up to ep 114 I think....? Ask me any spoilers you'd like to know, it's been a while but I'll do my best!!

9. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there romance? Or is it a simple mother-daughter bonding story? If it's romance, who is the ML? The scum father?

10. haqpiness

haqpiness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is it "scum father"? Did he do smth?

11. dahlhoney

Reading List:
    Link
    YES!! It's sooo fluffy and cute >_<
    And the father is the ML....BUT he's also a victim cause he was technically raped by Blanche's mother(who was older than Sable) when he was only 15(in korean age I think. so to us, probably 13~14) or so. Although that doesn't make up as a justifiable excuse to be so cold toward his wife & daughter, it is understandable. And he comes face-to-face with both MC and his daughter and deeply apologizes! That was a big happy family moment, almost made me tear up hehe.

I especially liked the fact that, even though this is a romance the author never forgets to put in details of MC trying her best to love herself as well. Remember how she was viewed as 'ugly' in her past life? But she became Abigail -the beautiful queen? While most novels just forgets about the before and just settle in with the now 'beautiful' appearance, MC still struggles to treating herself and loving herself not because she is pretty now but because she knows she's (and everyone) is worthy of love.

This novel was a true gem! I highly recommend reading it :)

I think it's because of his cold, merciless attitude? He pretty much loathed MC for what her body's original owner did (trying absurd methods just to gain his attention) and treated his own daughter rather roughly like saying she should be more careful and watch her surroundings when the child bumped into him and fell, not even asking her if she's ok. But as I mentioned, Blanche's mother raped him (even if they were married, unwanted sex is still rape) so....he's not 100% a scum, just.....97%...?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2021
    iiyo, Minaeli, sclxil and 99 others like this.
  12. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers :cookie: how did the ml and mc end up falling in love? Who was the first one to fall? Any cute and fluffy moments?

13. haqpiness

haqpiness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I just wanted to know if I should read this novel, I don't like it when the ml is abusive.

Dayang_Dyan and Laura_Unnie like this.
  14. dahlhoney

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been awhile so my memories are a lil blurry but from what I remember they start to confront eachother and talk, both apologize for what they they've done wrong or have misunderstood. Both try their best to make up for each other since they're a married couple with a daughter. And see the true side of eachother; ML who seems emotionless and has cold attitude toward his family is because of his trauma and fright of women, MC apologizing and making up for what Abigail(the original owner of the body MC is in) had done. develop feelings that is mutual.

So basically they try their best to be best parents, and the first few incidents happens around Blanche(their daughter). Our MC is really wise, understanding and open-minded, and thus does her best to improve the relationship between her(of more like, what the original Abigail had done) and ML, the relationship between her and Blanche, and most importantly the relationship between ML and Blanche.

While going through these incidents and talking(unsolving) misunderstandings/feelings, ML realizes MC has changed(well ofc since she's a different person) and tries to look her for who she really is, and who she is now. He does his best to get over his loathe/fright of women by touching and holding MC's hand every night, which is so pure and cute! And their feelings grew to the point they were mutual sort of.

For who fell for who first.....hmm I think ML fell in love first. He saw MC's wise and caring side as they were going through the storyline, and just fell for her.

As for MC, she always found ML charming because of his good looks but shook her head at his coldness, until he opened up and told her about his past and realize he's like a wounded hedgehog and feel sorry for him. I think she falls for him after how soft and desperate and true his feelings for her is after he's in love with her.

Cute and fluffy moments? Oh god there are so many....! My fav is definitely when they confess to one another, but MC's first kiss gets stolen by a mermaid princess lol.
    So, a mermaid rescued the royal couple from the sea and gets invited to rhe castle. Like The Little Mermaid, the mermaid princess lost her voice, and she kept sending flowers and her attention to the royal couple. MC who knew this girl is the mermaid princess aka the little mermaid from the fairytale thinks the mermaid princess has fallen for ML, and wonders if she should connect those two since most fairytale curses can be broken by a true love's kiss. MC asks the mermaid if she wants to kiss her true love to speak again in which the mermaid nods. MC figured out she herself was in love with ML at this point so she's heartbroken.(she thinks ML has feelings for the mermaid too cos he grabbed her hand -which later on is explained by ML himself that it was to see who the suspicious-acting mermaid truly was) When MC goes up to ML to ask his permission for a kiss, ML who is also madly in love with MC was dazed out looking at her lips (wanting to kiss her) thus only heard "......would you like to kiss(her)?" (Korean grammar is different from English) ML who would never even have imagined his wife he loved so much was planning to let him kiss another woman, said yes. This is when MC burst into tears (poor baby T.T) when the puzzled ML ask her what's going on, she tells him the whole story which made him a little upset and angry that she'd think he would kiss another woman when he's a married man, more over, in love with HER. So he confess his feelings. MC is surprised, she confesses back later in the story.

And for MC's first kiss; the mermaid princess had sent the flowers to 전하(jeon-ha) which means both your highness/your majesty in Korean. So people naturally misunderstood the flowers were for the king(ML) and whenever the mermaid was silently flirting toward her love, both ML and MC were always together side by side so it was hard to know as well. Anyways, when MC heard about ML's feelings, she went to apologize to the mermaid saying the kiss won't be possible, and the mermaid just....goes for it lol. She kisses MC and ML who saw everything hastily pulled MC off of her grasp and yell "What on earth are you doing to my wife!" Idk why but the fact that ML was so upset his wife's firsr kiss was stolen by someone else, especially a woman, behave all protective like a mama bear and say that MC is 'his wife' out loud was so satisfying!!

Fun fact: MC's original name was 백합(baek-hap/baek-hab) which means flower lily in Korean but is also used to call yuri/GL genre.

That was long and messy, me just babbling away but hope this helps :D

He's not I promise. He's really like a giant puppy, a golden retriever maybe? He admits and apologizes for what he's done wrong, and even confronts his fears/traumas in order to become a good husband and father.

15. earp

earp villainess trash reader ;)

Reading List:
    Link
    XD omg thank you for the spoilers!!!!
    what happen to the mermaid princess later? do more fairytale characters get introduced like the mermaid princess?

naririn, Ray Levantret and Liliss like this.
  16. dahlhoney

Reading List:
    Link
    Well ML and Blanche keep strict watch on the mermaid princess incase she tries to lure MC to her mermaid kingdom lol. Blanche brings her favorite candy and say things like "They won't have this delicious candy there". Lots of people were speculating that the girl who made an appearance as MC's rival (for ML...or for the power/title of the 'queen' to be more precise) will fall for the mermaid princess. Being Snow White's stepmom, MC has a magic mirror whom she calls Verite, and I think he's actually a fairy prince trapped inside a mirror (due to a curse or maybe a magic experiment he was doing? but his memories are lost). He becomes quite close with Blanche and there were mentions that ML&MC's kingdom had political issues with the fairies so I'm guessing that problem will be solved by Blanche ending up with Verite(if he really is the fairy prince) XD

Xi-hime, Jukki, Am_elf and 116 others like this.
  17. summer-162

summer-162 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love how the twist was the mermaid princess was in love with MC and not the ML.

can you tell me who poisoned the MC (the original Abigal) which led to her death?

18. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Since this is based on the FT, I wonder if the woodsman who was ordered to kill Snow White and the dwarves will make an appearance as well

19. anjoy23

anjoy23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello thank you for the spoilers. I'm really interested in this novel. So, aside from romance part of the story, I just wanna know if there's spoiler 'bout mc's background or family. been wonderin bout that for quite some time now. Thank you in advanceee. :) :)

Meizey likes this.
  20. dahlhoney

Reading List:
    Link
    Not quite sure if you wanna know about MC's background as Abigail or before, but before (in her previous life) she wasn't considered fitting in society's "beauty standards" & devoted her life in designing/making children's clothes. Working too hard was actually the reason why she passed away.

Xi-hime, Jukki, TrinaAngel and 37 others like this.