Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Joey-18

Joey-18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to use overseas credit card. The page will translated by google but do not expect accurate translation since what google does is transliterate every word. It is a bit difficult to understand as the transliteration does not confirm the correct pronoun the korean raws really used. For me it is worth it though about 100 won per chapter, 219 chapters in total with first 7 chpaters free.

mereumsama likes this.
  2. Joey-18

Joey-18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. NoirRequiem

NoirRequiem Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can buy it in KakaoPage, but you'll need the app to read it and the app doesn't have a translation tool. The app is also restricted by country, but if you can read Korean, this is a very reliable way to read it.

I bought mine from Ridibooks, which is the link Joey provided. There is an app for it, but the app doesn't have the ability to translate Korean to English for you. When you open the link in mobile, you'll see the book's main page. If you open it in Google chrome, it should automatically translate the page for you. Below the cover of the book, there is a preview button, below that is a check box that let's you select all of the chapters to purchase - if you only want a specific chapter, just click the check box next to it. Once you click the checkbox, click the shopping cart button to purchase or the huge button that says Select Buy next to it. In order to purchase, you'll need an account in Ridibooks, and it'll direct you to a login/signup page if you haven't made one. It's free to make an account. Once you have an account and you're redirected to the purchase page, scroll down to method of payment. If you're outside of Korea, choose Credit Cards issued Overseas. They'll ask you to type your credit card number, the expiry date, and the cvc code (the three numbers) at the back. After confirming and letting the purchase go through the bank, you'll be redirected back to the book's page and next to the chapters, you should see "purchased book." Next to that is a button, click it to start reading the chapter. :) The site doesn't save your card information, so it's very safe if you're worried about sudden charges.
    It's 100 won per chapter, so about less than 1 USD.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  4. NoirRequiem

NoirRequiem Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are, ironically. :aww: Both are somewhat new to affection, and thinks Athy's affections as a weird but pleasant sensation. They're also 'tsunderes'! LMAO! They like to do something for Athy but excuse it as an inconvenience on their part, or another. Both are also protective and possessive! :blobjoy:

5. LuneyLune

LuneyLune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, I feel like Athy will have to elope if she wants to marry. I'm not too sure how Claude will feel at having to metaphorically hand his daughter away in marriage.

6. NoirRequiem

NoirRequiem Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's so cute!!! I was a puddle of feelings. :blobxd:
    And don't apologise! This a thread and we invite everyone to share their thoughts! And I really get the excitement. It's unfortunate the manhwa will not be able to contain more moments from the novel since there's a lot of precious interaction between Athy and the other characters. Still, CLAUDE AND ATHY!!! We'll get to see Claude fighting himself to figure out his relationship with Athy, and Athy going to magic school in season 2!! Aaahhh!!!!:blobparty::blobpopcorn:

I have a spreadsheet I'm typing in as I read so the LucasxAthy moments, as well as other relationship dynamics, are organized :blobjoy: it's also to prevent me from reading back 219 chapters if I miss a detail for any other analysis. The perfectionist in me is at full force because I love this book so much! :blobrofl: I'll check by with you later, if you don't mind~ :blobnom:

I know Spoon is recovering and taking some well-deserved rest until July, but it's also probably postponed because of the wait for Tappy toon to finish releasing season 1. :hmm: The hug between Athy and Claude after Claude retains his memories will DEFINITELY be epic!!!:cookie::aww:

Hakwifey7, Mikaa, creizreiz and 2 others like this.
  7. NoirRequiem

NoirRequiem Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure our powerful Athy can calm the hurricane that is Claude's paternal instincts.:blobjoy: Besides, Felix mentioned that even if Athy gets married, the son-in-law may have to live in the palace. Athy is the sole heir to the throne, and Lucas is basically the head magician. They can't just leave their responsibilities all behind. Although, if it happens, Claude might take out his wedding blues at Felix. :blobrofl: I wish we get these kind of epilogue scenes after the main story ends like how 'Empress of Another World' is doing.

8. NoirRequiem

NoirRequiem Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kiel is Ijikiel! Not sure if it's Google translate that's at fault, but in the novel, Athy calls Ijikiel as Kiel. It's a nickname of sorts.
    As for how they got together, as far as I know, it was left unsaid. It's like mutual understanding/mutual pining between Lucas and Athy.
    And yes! I'm doing an analysis. I did notice that the webtoon changed a few parts or had missing parts (such as: Claude and Athy falling into the water, which didn't happen in the novel, or Lucas and Athy actually having danced multiple times over the years prior to Lucas giving Athy a paper doll dance partner). Also, it was mentioned in the novel that all this time (most likely since the very beginning, like how Lucas knew Jennette is a chimera at one glance) Lucas knew Athy is around 20 years of age inside a child's body. In the correlating chapter of the webtoon, Spoon only showed Athy glowing and a slight glimpse of her face being older, but Lucas actually changed Athy into her Original/Seoul-Originating!Self. Webtoon readers might miss those little infos, so I'm also using the novel to back up their relationship and how it progressed.
    The webtoon does do a good job of being subtle. Spoon gave enough interaction/body language/expression between Lucas and Athy's progression that it hints who Athy might've ended up with in the novel, but not enough that we know the ending. Great marketing strategy to buy the manhwa AND the novel. Lol! While giving those little fluff moments for different ships, it doesn't take away the focus of the novel, which is Claude and Athy's relationship.

9. LuneyLune

LuneyLune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    XD
    :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:
    That's quite weird of Google translate, but I have seen it do weird things so I guess that name change into too weird:blobdizzy:

10. Akasia_xel

Akasia_xel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading side story which Athy and Lucas move to another timeline(?)
    But I'm too scared with the ending of side story, so can anyone tell if Athy and Lucas will be back to their timeline?

11. NoirRequiem

NoirRequiem Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah~ If you read the novel via Google translate, there's also a name that comes up multiples times: Lucy. I thought it was supposed to be Athy's way of teasing Lucas, but I've seen sentences that say" Lucas and Lucy", so I don't know what that means. :blob_pout: I just thought of ignoring it, because Google translates Blackie/Raven into carpenter. LMAO.

From the very last chapter of the side story, it was implied that they got back, because Lucas was randomly walking in the palace (or was it the tower?) when he got transported again into a different dimension. I'm reading the book completely now, so my memory is a bit hazy from the other details. I'll get back to you once I get there again and confirm it, or until someone else gives a better answer.

As for everyone else, if you buy the book, there is a game you might enjoy if you're of legal age to drink. Take a shot every time Athy suddenly thinks about Lucas. It's quite cute how Athy uses Lucas as a model for living, or how she randomly remembers him when she does something.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Hakwifey7, HoneyBee349 and Alia0001 like this.
  12. qltacc

qltacc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just a smol something, the artist posted a wip of an upcoming chapter, so we might be getting an update this or next week
    https://twitter.com/spoon_1122/status/1133700563630153729

Edit: just read the last few pages and quite sad to hear that it wont be returning until july, but oh wellp on her twt there are actually quite a few sketches of this series so its worth a check out!!

also on the topic of lucas being emotionless, the sorcerers of the tower are pretty much required to seal away their emotions so that they wont end up corrupted and destroy the kingdom bc of them

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  13. Akasia_xel

Akasia_xel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wah thank your for the spoiler, well at least they got back, though the thing that lucas transported into another dimension again make me bit worry, it feels like cliffhanger though,
    I want to see fluffy romance lucas x athy again

I heard there will be official english translate, I'll buy 'em when they release it

NoirRequiem likes this.
  14. lumie

lumie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg i just created this account bcs i wanted to say thank you for everyone that has spoiled everything!! i was so frustrated by the webtoon and i thought that athy ended up with ijekiel, thank god it's lucas XD (sorry for kiel x athy shippers) and please do tell all of us here when the official english translate, bcs i would buy it!! thank you once again!

NoirRequiem likes this.
  15. NoirRequiem

NoirRequiem Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AAAAHHHHHH I just saw!! Considering that tree branch and Lucas' appearance, this would be around the scene when Lucas returned. Because he filled his magical reserve by eating a branch of the world tree, he got back his older appearance. If this was done by order, I'm concerned for Spoon's health since this is waaaaaay into the future. Did Spoon even take a break?! :blobsleepless::blobdizzy:

Yes! Do check out Spoon's art, give it a like and retweet for support. There are drawings of Lucas, Diana, etc. There is one with Claude half-naked. LOL. You just need to scroll down since Spoon retweets cat videos, and whatnot.

I think it's quite the growth since Lucas is able to be a little bit more honest in later chapters. From the start, he did mention he could the destroy the kingdom easily if he wanted, to Athy. Then, for example, he got to the timeline wherein Claude was stopping Diana (the one that Athy dreamt), and he considered eating Athy's magic if it meant Diana would survive and Athy won't lose her mom. That kind of emotional expression could mean as a way of separating Lucas from other magicians since it meant he has greater control for himself, or it could be a way of portraying magicians as also being human. But really... who knows, hahaha!
    -------------- EDIT -----------------
    No problem! It is a bit of a cliffhanger since it seems to end with Lucas being stranded in Seoul, Korea, where the protagonist originally came from.

I'm not aware of that info! That's great if it'll be sold internationally!! Do let us know when it's released. I'll try to buy it.
    For those who can't afford, these are just links for people to use to read the novel if you don't want to buy it in Ridibooks or other sources:
    1. Wattpad - this link is currently the most updated, and is translated by the wonderful CatLovesTowels.
    https://www.wattpad.com/673162001-suddenly-became-a-princess-one-day-table-of

2. Sawakaya- It's only Chapter 81, but it's a really good translation from Cheriiibomb-san. I think there'll be more, but Cheriii is prioritizing school and work. If it updates, there should be a link at the bottom. (The password for this is jennette)
    http://sawakaya.blogspot.com/2019/03/novel-suddenly-became-princess-one-day_10.html?m=1

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Mikaa, Fatman2016, orematcha and 3 others like this.
  16. Kakao

Kakao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @NoirRequiem Thank you for the Password! I searched, well, since yesterday like a madman for it

Mikaa and NoirRequiem like this.
  17. qltacc

qltacc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think(hope) that they storyboard/sketch the whole webtoon out first before starting to line/color/finalize each chapter to see how long each one should be made/so that they wont have to start from scratch/dont need to contact the original author weekly if the chapter layout looks fine. This way the optimization can be done during the week before the chapter publishes and already are confident going into it

NoirRequiem likes this.
  18. lumie

lumie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is all so exciting!! >.< i hope that spoon rest well and also i hope that the novel get their english translation ❤️

btw, for those who has the book, is currently reading or finished, i just wanted to ask about the side stories, can you guys tell me how many side stories are there? i heard one of them with Lucas giving Athy a dragon?! and about Athy going to the “Lovely Princess” timeline and meet Lucas in that timeline?! please do tell me about it because it’s so cuteee uwu

I’m sorry for asking tho

19. Kakao

Kakao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know if the Manhwa will be translated too? It would be so exciting to have both because the drawings of the Manhwa are just gorgeous and because, as far as I understand from older posts, the novel contains some additional scenes.

20. Kakao

Kakao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know from some older posts that Lucas from the other timeline offers his help in exchange for her staying in his dimension. So even in another life he still wants her to stay by his side.

lumie likes this.