LCD Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sky Farrow, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Serroxley

Serroxley Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not filler per say, it does set up a basic foundation of what you need to know about the Gu Immortal realm/world/level of cultivation. That being said, it's a fairly common bit of criticism among long-time readers that the pacing of volume 4 is, well, bad. It's easily the worst of the 5 volumes currently finished in terms of quality, and vol. 6 is also way better so far.

I've heard it said that vol. 4 is the "Introduction to Gu Immortal Cultivation", but other than setting up some of the longer term plot points that don't start paying off for another 400+ chapters (in vol. 5), that's... basically all it manages to do in something like 370 chapters.

When I was reading through for the first time, I found myself skimming parts of vol.4 - the only time I've skimmed any part of DG.

As for the new body bit?
    The basics of it is that Gloomy Soul (one of the 10 Venerables), as part of a... very long term scheme, attempts (and partially succeeds at) refining a Gu called the Paragon Immortal Body Gu, which, well, has a boatload of major advantages, and, due to the refining being only a partial success, a few major flaws. The function of the Paragon Immortal Body Gu is to create a 'perfect' (or 'paragon') body without a native soul, which Gloomy Soul can then possess/control by putting his soul into it. FY manages to steal it in a complicated series of events during the climax of vol. 4 - the dream realm is condensed true meaning from GS, and is used in the refinement.

And yes, GS is still dead during all of this - the refinement is being done by GS's soul fragments/clones (i.e 'Shadow Sect') which he left behind after dying.

Edit: Been a few months since I read these parts, and I got the part about the dream realm wrong. It wasn't used in refinement, it was the result of one of GS's clones self-destructing during the events in question.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  2. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    O, how did the mc figure out this was happening?

3. Serroxley

Serroxley Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't - or, more accurately, he got cought up in the events as more-or-less a minor actor/character. More specifically
    He went to take part in an event that happened in his first life (one that's already been mentioned several times), one that he took part in as a mortal the first time around. Yeah, turns out that there's quite a bit more going on there from the perspective of a Gu Immortal. That, and things quickly deviate from the past, especially since
    GS and Shadow Sect more or less 'won' DG (as in, they where the ultimate winners of the world/they controlled the world) in the past. We later find out that that's one of the big reasons FY is even in the past, since even as a Rank 8 Immortal during Vol.5 he can only go back a decade or so with the S&A Cicada, compared to the 500 years of the initial trip he made as a Rank 6. Heavenly Will and Fate Gu be OP AF. This in turn leads to the main conflict of Vol.5 - the war over/for Fate. The entire reason FY is in the past in the first place is to ruin GS's plans, and he was only used to do so because he's a Demon from Beyond the Heavens (i.e someone who's soul is not native to the Gu World, i.e a reincarnator) and DfBtH exist partially outside of Fate Gu's control, and as such they are the only ones that can meaningfully change the past while Fate Gu still exists. After GS's plans get wrecked, Heavenly Will has no further use for him, and because he stole/hijacked some parts of what GS was trying to do, he promptly has HW and Fate GU working against him.

This leads to the plot and goal of Vol.5 - the Heavenly Court is close to repairing the damage Red Lotus did to Fate Gu, and will be done in about a decade. FY has to destroy Fate Gu before that or he's completely fucked.

4. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah thanks man, makes more sense.

5. Ironfist Sect

Ironfist Sect Catch these hands!✊✊

Reading List:
    Link
    thx

6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    At this rate of translation we'll need to prepare a new body to read this chapter. :blob_catflip:

Kaiser Megami likes this.
  7. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c969... wow, talk about a cliff hanger. I can see several options from here:
    1. the afterlife and escaping from it. lou pou valley is allegedly on the path of escaping the afterlife which is convenient too.
    2. shadow sect did something there. due to what he said about death being a beginning.
    3. fang yuan has a will representing him in yellow heaven while connected to the blessed land containing his brother. And remember that he has learned a reincarnation technique that can exploit his blood relative's body and his will to come back to life

Wujigege likes this.
  8. Harvest_Sinner

Harvest_Sinner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reader of the MTL here
    Anyone know what happen? Is it true that this novel get deleted in Qidian?

9. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    The story got taken down for review. However, the author said that if one-two months was up, he would upload the chapter on his other platform to complete the story.

10. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    So if it's no longer under Qidian we can just read on Sky Farrow's site?

11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Skyfarrow is not the current translator

12. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anyone knows why is is being "reviewed"?

13. SifaV6

SifaV6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently the Chinese government began a more scrutinized crackdown on online content, especially in regards to web novels. A large number of popular web novels have been taken down on qidian and put under review. Some will require minor/major revision while others permanently deleted.

There's quite a lot of talk about it on Chinese forums. In one of the well known cases, the author ended up rewriting an entire arc (~100 chapters) but was still rejected in the end and had their work permanently deleted on qidian.

The author of RI in the recent months had actually edited a lot of existing chapters, toning down many scenes and even altered some of the plot (e.g. in the revised northern plains arc, the protagonist no longer kills runaway girl he meets at the beginning etc.). As for the outcome, we will have to wait and see.

14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is a real shame, that plot was a masterpiece.

Astaroth and Yomiel Metathronos like this.
  15. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    This is one of the few CN novels that explains and presents the Demonic Path & Demonic Nature clearly instead of "RRaaaragh! Kill/Rape everything!"

mrttao and Yomiel Metathronos like this.
  16. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It'll get renamed to Reverend Moderation, he'll get a harem, bears will go unfed. :blob_coughblood:

Astaroth, Blitz, Someguy666 and 2 others like this.
  17. Yomiel Metathronos

Yomiel Metathronos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My summary of this series' Plot :
    Fang Yuan: (*Finds something groundbreaking) I can use this for something~
    Author: Man proposes...
    (Betrayal Foreshadowing,some old Gu Immortal is plotting something, People in his level preparing to gang up on FY)
    Fang Yuan: Ah Shit, Here we go again!
    Author: Heaven Disposes! I am about to ruin this man's career!
    Fang Yuan: (*Pulls out a Magnificent Bastard until he can't) (Will use the Cicada if he can't)

What is happening right now:
    Author: Writes a Dark Plot~
    Government: Man proposes...
    Author: This feels familiar.
    Government: Heaven Disposes! I am about to ruin this man's career!

Mors86, Sea Dog and mrttao like this.
  18. DJSASH

DJSASH Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have the link of new story related to reverand insanity?
    (The story about a kid with vigorous true martial physique and hope gu...).

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  19. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hope the government doesn't send him to a reeducation camp or something horrible over this. :(

20. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally get an original writer and they clockwork orange him. Oh well at least all chapters seem to be unlocked for the day , like the devil's cage was yesterday but locked again now. I advise people to binge it today while they can.:blobcheeky: