Recommendations Abused protagonists.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Melynda W., Jun 10, 2019.

1. Melynda W.

Melynda W. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. I want stories about abused protagonists that could escape the horrors of their situation. I want a story about properly overcoming their problems.
    It would be like if it is a female, but it can be a male, can also be in a modern world or a fantasy one.
    I would also like if the abuse ( physical) canes from the family.
    Must not be
    : cultivation story. Harém story. Unbelievable power grow.

Thank you for the help

2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Where do you draw the line for abuse? Cause that is really up for interpretation... would neglected be considered abused? would being sold by your parents to work as a servant somewhere be abused?

And what would unbelievable power grow be? if after they transmigated they became stronger?

3. Hate

Hate born

Reading List:
    Link
    most of the CN mc's start as a abused protagonist's but the become OP way too quick as well

4. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Most JP's mc is beta and always abused by heroine, there is lot of there

Gon_ likes this.
  5. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    This is an old one, I am not sure if it's been updated in a while...
    But if you really want to see your protagonist suffer, give Kuro no Maou a go

Hate likes this.
  6. srrrahim

srrrahim A woman's heart, a needle under the sea

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't mind female protagonist, maybe you can try :
    1. My Fiance is in Love with My Little Sister (MC's fiancee and sister fall in love with each other, and MC stuck at that d.amn time loop. Died to be revived again and again to be abused like that!)
    2. Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu (MC transport into another world. Meet a beautiful elf girl. And then he died! And then being revived again!. He tried his best to give the best ending for Emilia, the kind half elf girl that he loved, because he is not a super knight in shining armour, he is just a hopeless NEET guy that suddenly transport to another world and his only power is to turn back time each time he died. And he died a lot. I watch the anime before reading the novel, and the anime is super gore. His dead is not a peaceful one)
    3. Unrepentant (If you like to see scum ML groveling and regretting his mistakes, you should try this)
    4. The Decade of Deep Love (A BL novel. All fujoushi out there will vote for this novel as one of the best tragedy. MC love ML for a very long time. Devoted his love for him. But after a decade of deep love, ML's love for MC start to fade. He is a scum who's nature is to f.uck around. MC only wish for ML to a little bit kind to him, because he doesn't has much time anymore. But......)
    5. Yesterday (MC and ML is keep abusing each other. My conclusion after reading it is, They are indeed a match made in hell!. They suit each other. The should have keep each other company so that other people around them won't get poisoned by them)
    6. Gaze at the Scenes of Debauchery (A scum gong who love to f.uck around, and a depressed shou. This is also BL)
    7. Childish Flower (A BL novel. ML supposed to married MC's brother, but the brother died. And then, ML accidently sleep with MC, and then they forced to become couple. ML multiple misunderstanding is the real abused element in this novel)

I am sorry I recommend a lot of BL. I hope it suit your taste
    A lot of CN protag like in Reverend Insanity, Renegade Immortal, start off as a weak abused character, that changed later
    Maybe Kingdom's Bloodline will suit your requirement, after all, MC is still a child, so even thou he has golden finger, he still can't use his power well, and get dragged around quite long. This story remind me of Game of Throne. MC more into a side character, and the side character look more like an MC

Exsha likes this.
  7. Melynda W.

Reading List:
    Link
    Than
    Thank you

8. srrrahim

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't mind BL?

9. Melynda W.

Reading List:
    Link
    Something like domestic violence. Bullying. Etc. In this line of thinking

10. Melynda W.

Reading List:
    Link
    Is definitely not my thing. But is not like I can't read, and you send me more than just BL novels.
    But after all, just the fact of you have responded me is enough for me to thank you. You help after all

11. srrrahim

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want about bullying, then maybe you can try Koe no Katachi?
    But it is a movie, not a novel

12. Anna7

Anna7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If We Cannot Grow Old Together,it's heart-breaking, you will be really piss off by MC. the ML was set up by a crazy vicious woman, and the MC also blame the ML, he is too stupid to find out sooner.

13. ProbablyAlive

ProbablyAlive Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link