Can someone recommend some JRPG's with romance ?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Braxx, Jun 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah man, im just looking for jrpg romance right now.
    I have played the Dragon Age games and Mass Effect games too.
    And ofc the Witcher games, who hasnt ?
    I have also played Baldurs Gate 2. The romance there was very good. Viconia best girl ... tho Aerie was also fine
    So hyped for Baldurs Gate 3 right now. I know Larian will deliver because divinity orignal sin 1 and 2 are amazing

Btw since you said DnD, have you played Pathfinder Kingmaker ? Its so good.
    I always romance Kalikke and Kanerah. There is actually a way to romance both at the same time if you choose the right dialog options.

Westeller likes this.
  2. Aop

Aop [Great Destroyer of Filth] [Dao of Cleanliness]

Reading List:
    Link
    ....What. There's Grandia Xtreme and Grandia 3. I own them and hated 3 to fucking death.

Westeller likes this.
  3. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trials of the Sky doesnt seem good to me.

Trials of Cold Steel on the other hand looks good. Even Tsuru above recommended me Cold Steel 2.
    But what kind of a process is this ? 4 games to get married xD and the 3rd one Cold Steel 3 is comming Sep 24, 2019
    Who knows when we will get the forth game :D but i still thik its worth it

Tokyo Xanadu also seems good. Will try it too

Agarest also seems good. I kinda dont feel the first one tho, the rest are ok

Thanks for the recommendations

4. Death Saved

Death Saved Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those abominations are but a figment of your imagination as such they do not exist!

Westeller likes this.
  5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, uh, I actually linked Grandia II.

AFAIK, it's the only one that was ever released on PC. For the original Grandia, you'd need an emulator. (Which, again, I seriously recommend the OP look into, because it's definitely worth it!)

Also, 3 really wasn't that bad. It doesn't live up to its predecessors, sure, but it was still okay!

6. Aop

Aop [Great Destroyer of Filth] [Dao of Cleanliness]

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, I have a love/hate relationship with both Trails series. That said, I consider Trails of the Sky better series compared to Cold Steel. While the graphics are meh, the plot and characters are amazing. Furthermore, there is a quite of bit of returning characters that appear in Cold Steel (there's also a duology in between the series.) Estelle's growth as a character was/is far more satisfying then Reine's... to the point Reine feels like it barely changed from the beginning of Cold Steel I to the end of CSII.

Also, it be better to think of Cold Steel as two duologys. CSI and CSII are Reine's school days, and CSIII and CSIV is his teacher days.

I see. So I didn't get all excited when I saw them in a Gamestop bargain rack. I didn't get bored with Xtreme half way through, and nearly put my fist through the tv over the reason why the evil god thing wanted to destroy the world in 3.

My problem with 3 was the why the evil god thing wanted to destroy the world. I almost lost my will to beat it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  7. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    How about a harem jrpg?
    It's vanilla mostly.
    Evenicle, remember there's a lot of questionable stuff outside the mc and Heroine so you forgo skip it. But otherwise it's really good

Braxx likes this.
  8. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice, thanks... will check it out

9. Zodia195

Zodia195 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if you're still open to suggestions, but my fav game happens have romance as a central theme. It's called Eternal Sonata. You can get it on either XBOX 360 or PS3. There are differences between the two though. XBOX version came out first and I would say gameplay wise it's easier then the PS3 version. PS3 version has more gameplay and extra content with 2 new dungeons (one is post game), 2 new playable chars, costumes for 3 of the chars, however I feel there is a larger difficulty spike in it. Being the completionist that I am, it only took me 50 hrs to complete the XBOX version on Encore mode (the harder difficulty one and you have to play it to get 100%) and it took me over 100+ hrs on PS3. But yeah Romance is a central theme and it's a major reason why Eternal Sonata is my fav game. I don't know if it ever got a PC port though. For story reasons I recommend the PS3 version, but XBOX 360 has the better gameplay since I prefer easier games and difficulty spikes are a gaming pet peeve of mine. Hope this helps.

Braxx likes this.