LCD Library of Heaven's Path

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kagamiya, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was never said when Ancient Sage Qiu Wu made his palace to store Kong-shi's Saint Ascension Platform, or when he left those 2 fragments of his will, so we don't know what Kong-shi's cultivation level had reached or why he didn't resolve the 12 flaws in the movement technique. I'm just assuming it wasn't until later in Kong-shi's life, and he didn't correct the flaws because he couldn't because he didn't have the Library of Heaven's Path, and I'll continue to think that until proven otherwise by the author.

Again, that only applies to the Heaven's Path Divine Art, which is for Zhenqi cultivation only. There is nothing stopping anyone from practicing any other flawless Heaven's Path Art except their own comprehension and talent.

2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My point was that Kong Shi pointed out the flaws in the technique the same way ZX did. Almost verbatim, apaprently. That he didn't resolve them doesn't mean he couldn't. Kong Shi had a different style in some ways than ZX, so it could be a case of him wanting Qui Wu to resolve the flaws on his own after knowing what they were.

Or, as you suggested yourself, it could also be that when he pointed out those flaws his cultivation was lower, like ZX's.

Either way, we've been given no actual evidence that Kong Shi was lesser than ZX in any way.

3. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ?
    I was arguing that Kong-shi didn't/doesn't have the Library of Heaven's Path, not that he was lesser than Zhang Xuan.

4. starvecleric

starvecleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ey, just to clarify some things.
    Firstly, 春秋大典 doesn't translate into Spring and Autumn Grand Encyclopedia. The closest translation to it would be annal (the author chose this name because this book really existed in history, and it was indeed compiled by Kong Zi). Of course, in context to the story, naming it as annal would make absolutely no sense, so I used the word Codex instead.
    Wikipedia Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_and_Autumn_Annals

Secondly, I don't think it has been written anywhere that Kong shi started cultivating in his early 20s, later than ZX. If anything, Kong shi probably started cultivating earlier. It has also been stated that Zhang Xuan's rate of cultivation is actually faster than Kong shi. I can't quote the exact chapter cause that would take a lot of looking through, but it should be in the latest 100 translated ones. It was also never mentioned that Kong shi collected information at a fast speed. And as Kong shi was the first Celestial Master Teacher (or HAFM), the Otherworldly Demonic Tribe (or FSR Foreign Spirit Race) doesn't know the threat that they pose. It's only due to Kong shi that they understood how dangerous the Celestial Master Teacher (HAFM) is that they are willing to go to any lengths to kill Zhang Xuan if they were to ever uncover his identity.

Thirdly, Kong shi didn't come up with the cultivation realms, there were already powerful cultivators prior to Kong shi's era. Also, it might be a bit exaggerated to say that there were no proper books in that era, though admittedly, the number of books then were bound to be a lot fewer. That being said, he did create formal hierarchies for occupations and stuff.

Fourthly, it would be inaccurate to say that Zhang Xuan wouldn't be able to properly breakthrough to Saint realm without his help. He did use Kong shi's help, but that doesn't prove that he wouldn't be able to do it without Kong shi's help.

Fifthly, it's always easy to implement changes when you are at the very top. It's not as if Kong shi has achieved anything great when he was at Zhang Xuan's current cultivation realm. It was only after he reached nearly the very top did he make those changes you spoke of. So, isn't it unfair to compare what Kong shi achieved at his peak to what the growing Zhang Xuan has done?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    droolingsnorlax likes this.
  5. starvecleric

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I think I sounded a little angry in the previous post. Didn't mean to come out that way
    Also, just to clear a few more things up

Only those who possess the Library of Heaven's Path is able to cultivate Heaven's Path technique (This is just a speculation from Zhang Xuan though, but it's shown that aside from him, those around him aren't able to cultivate it)
    He does add a bit of flaws into the Heaven's Path technique, but it's not to nerf it because he doesn't trust his student but that no one other than him would be able to cultivate it otherwise

Cultivating Heaven's Path Divine Art has never been stated to be a fundamental requirement to becoming a Celestial Master Teacher, though just like what has been stated up there, there are many hurdles that do require one's zhenqi to be extremely pure, so in a sense, it's like an informal requirement? Alternatively, I guess an almost perfect cultivation technique might do the trick too.

6. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In no way am I saying ZX is superior as a person. Honestly he's so brain dead the vast majority of the time it's a wonder he isn't dead yet.

I'm just saying that LoHP is such an absurdly overpowered ability that it even trumps Kong Shi's teaching prowess.

Admittedly there is a lot more to being a teacher than just addressing flaws, as ZX's complete and utter lack of social graces is probably setting a bad example for those who worship him, and could end up causing quite a number of problems in the future if people follow his behavior.

I'm just pointing out that the LoHP is so stupidly overpowered that basically as soon as he transmigrated he was destined to be the greatest ever.

Kong Shi "seems" better in every respect, but shit, I'm pretty sure a number of times people have mentioned the chaos he used to cause during his rise through the ranks, so maybe it just comes with the territory. It could also be historical bias, rose colored nostalgia, or maybe he was just that great a person.

I dunno. He may have even also had access to the LoHP, he just kept it hidden like ZX.

justmehere and droolingsnorlax like this.
  7. droolingsnorlax

droolingsnorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting

I said that because I remember when ZX sees kong-shi he says he looks to be about 23-24.

I remembered something like that, but it was more like "Even kong-shi might not have cultivate this fast". And at that moment it felt more like an shocked expression rather than someone reliable telling something.

Yes, I agree and I mentioned something like that. The reason why I said they still probably tried to kill him was because he was already teaching people wherever he went and even got strong people like Ancient Sage Qiu Wu to follow him. So its possible he was on the hit list but not a high priority one.

That's more or less what I wanted to say, I seemed to have typed any instead of many.
    If I remember correctly at kong-shi's time techniques and manuals were passed in clans / family etc. Kong-shi was the one who introduced the concept of teaching everyone.

What I meant to say that he probably would have broke through as a normal saint. because he was in a rush to cultivate and even when he formed heavens path technique for saint 1-dan without Saint Ascenion Cypher there weren't any flaws. So he might have just used that to breakthrough and lost his chance if he hadn't been lucky enough to be

Yes it is unfair to compare the achievements of Kong-shi at his top to current ZX. That's why I mentioned that when Kong-shi broke through to saint level he formed and left behind the Saint Ascension Platform where as ZX pretty much destroys it. He doesn't really leave behind any legacies like Kong shi

Also I completely understand that ZX could do all things Kong-shi can do. But he doesn't do much.
    Maybe it's just because we read the story in POV of ZX and kong-shi as an idol that it feels like that. But since we can see ZX's thoughts all I can see when I think about him is that he is an Idiot with super powers

starvecleric likes this.
  8. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly. Many times if it wasn't for the extreme purity of his Zhenqi he would not have been able to do things like the Saint Ascension cypher.

Also I have to confess that I was reading mtl at this point of the story and this was really the peak of LOHP discussions where we had many theories, eally heated debates and people ready to eat their shoes if they turned out to be wrong lol. I was just surprised this thread was so dead

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    starvecleric likes this.
  9. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    That seems a little extreme. Kong Shi was definitely not a normal cultivator any step of the way, and likely did very many wondrous things as he went. That we don't hear about many of them doesn't mean he never achieved anything. It's just that the things he's most known for are the things he did at his peak, and the same will likely be true for ZX as well.

starvecleric likes this.
  10. starvecleric

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough. My emphasis was that Kong shi's achievements that made him known throughout the ages were achieved when he was at his peak, such as the establishment of the Master Teacher Pavilion, creating the ranking system, reorganizing the various occupations, driving away the Otherworldly Demons, so on and so forth.

He probably did make considerable contributions to mankind as he was still maturing as well, just that those contributions paled in comparison to what he did afterward.

However, I would argue that Zhang Xuan did contribute quite a bit to humanity too even at his current stage. For one, he helped promote Xuanyuan Kingdom into an Unranked Kingdom which wields the prowess equivalent to a Tier-2 Empire. He wiped out an Otherworldly Demon Emperor lineage, conducted public lectures at the end of most of the major arcs too, and helped to repair the seal in the Subterranean Gallery. He helped reconcile the Hongyuan Empire with the Cloudmist Ridge, eliminating a possible threat and bolstering its forces considerably.

Well, some of the things he did were out of convenience and was aligned with his own interests too, but that doesn't really deny his contributions though. Zhang Xuan is not a selfless person, but he isn't that selfish of a person either.

ED: Ah, I think I should be tagging snorlax here instead

Westeller and droolingsnorlax like this.
  11. webreader

webreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ZX is on his way to prove that he is the defacto leader of the otherworldly demons...

Turing humans into demons? Checked

Comes from another world? Check

Goes around causing destruction? Check

justmehere likes this.
  12. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    He isn't really a selfish or selfless person. The thing is that I can't really see ZX as anything other than an Idiot who manages to do great things simply because of how absurdly OP the library is especially because we can see all his thoughts. Where as Kong-shi feels more like a hero/wise guy perhaps because the little things we do know about him are from accounts of people who idolize him.

13. Nekomata

Nekomata Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yo that kong shi dude isnt that hero/wise guy, he turned out to be evil lol

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2019
  14. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude no un tagged raw spoilers

15. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    ...T..ten million... :blobastonished:

16. jade_umi

jade_umi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the posts it looks like you have read a major, if not all, of LoHP already. I started reading it and enjoy the lack of romance in the story. But learned that he has a girl. Now in chapter 727, where she just pops up. How much emphasis are they going to put on this romance. I can't stand any romance in cultivation stories. I was hoping it would be little to nothing and we never see much of her and she is never around.

Appreciate any info you can provide.

17. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    There really isn't any romance in my opinion.
    ZX just abruptly confesses and they get engaged on the spot. The girl leaves him very soon after that revealing her power to be super OP, becoming a McGuffin Zhang Xuan is supposed to keep chasing after, making breakthroughs at break neck speeds

sapassde and jade_umi like this.
  18. jade_umi

jade_umi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank u :)

19. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    It's basically a parody of IET romance. Heh.

20. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking the princess isn't going to be rouxin or whatever her name is