Spoiler Rebirth to a Military Marriage: Good Morning Chief

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shivani, Jun 7, 2019.

1. xWangan

xWangan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    UK Ambasador Arc:
    After finishing college, Qiao Nan became an official worker in the foreign ministry.

Ding bastard, thanks to Peng Yu's help was accepted as well. They were working for some time now, and He Yu/Yi or smth like this, Qiao Nan's senior from her Master, wanted to promote her. Since he couldn't just help her alone, because it would look weird, he gave both her and Ding the same task - to take care of an ambasador, I think he was from UK.

When NanNan saw the ambasador's photo with his wife, she was really shocked. Ding thought she was scared, so tried to make trouble for her again. Anyway, they had some time to prepare themselves before their job begins. Ding was scared that MC would use ML's family to search for some news about the ambasador and his likes/dislikes, which would put her in front of him, so he asked Peng Yu to monitor her family with his men.

She didn't, so when the ambasador couple came, Ding shoot to the front and tried to gain all of their attention, talking bullshit like how he was a student in UK for an exchange, how he loves their country etc.. When the couple saw Qiao Nan, they went to her, hugged her and treated her like a close friend/family.

Turned out when MC was helping out before, when she was taking tourists around the city, she met the ambasador (not knowing who he was back then). Ambasador and his wife couldn't have kids, so when they saw small MC, quiet, polite etc.. they were very positive about her, even somehow thinking of her as a distant relative.

Ding was ashamed, Qiao Nan wins.

Later on, thanks to Ding messing up this time, He something just took Qiao Nan with him when he had some opportunities. Once, he even took Qiao Nan with him to another country, which ended up with Qiao Nan being on the TV. Ding bastard could only grumble to himself.

Qiao Zizi marriage Arc:
    MC's sister finally decided to get married. Chen bastard broke up with her some time ago, so she needed to find herself a new boyfriend.

From what I understood from the MTL, her husband wasn't super happy about her. He had a pretty gf before, and he thought that Zizi was not as nice looking as that ex. Zizi also thought that Chen bastard was better than her new bf, so they had some issues here and there. I think her new bf married her for benefits that they thought would be possible from MC, but not sure about this one.

MC came to her wedding alone. Zizi tried to make some trouble for her, like asking her in the middle of the ceremony to go up the stage and speak some nice words, but it backfired on her. After the ceremony ended, she didn't give her any face and just left. Her dad (who also came) just left with her and went to play with his grandkids (that also came back to her hometown, just stayed at home, didn't go to the wedding).

2. winterkaguya

winterkaguya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wahhh!! Thank you so much for the detailed summaries!! Awesome job there! So, the ending of the story ends after Zijin's marriage is it? Or its still ongoing?

3. xWangan

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I'm at ~~ 1500 chapters in now. The novel has 2500 chapters total, so still 1000 chapters to go.

stumblmer and winterkaguya like this.
  4. xWangan

Reading List:
    Link
    Some things worth mentioning, that happened in one of the time-skips, so it wasn't really in the plot before.
    • Shu girl got engaged together with Zhu kid.
    • Zhu old man died after their engagement, and half a year after he left, old man Li died as well.
    • Crazy girl Qiu tried to hook up with Peng Yu. She even tried to get close to his family, so that in the end he would have no choice but to marry her. In the end, it didn't work out. I also think Peng Yu told his father that Qiu girl sleeps around with other people?

MC's Master Death Arc:
    Honestly, I think it's the sadest Arc so far, at least for me personally. I mean, we had a lot of sad stuff with MC and her family/people near her, but you somewhat expect them to end up well (Since she's the MC, right?). MC's Master, even tho he wasn't mentioned very often in the story, cared for MC very much and did a lot for her. So, now seeing him die, it kind of got into my emotions. But maybe I'm just a little to invested in the story, who knows.

MC's master Lin/Liu or w/e is also sick. He's in the late stages of cancer. Because of that, he's been staying away from Qiao Nan for some time now, since he was scared that he would distract MC when she was in the peak of her life, and slowly raising in the foreign ministry.

When Soaring went to find him, it turned out that he's already close to death. He first discovered his cancer 4y ago, and got treatment back then. Unfortunatly, last year the cancer returned, and this time they couldn't do anything to help him. He was slowly geting worse, much thiner, and right now he can't even eat anything.

The timeline right now is just a few days before the kids birthday, so his only hope is to stay alive until it ends. If not for MC and her kids, and his will to force himself to keep up, he would probably already be dead.

When the kids had their birthday 'party', and the family gathered, Lin showed up as well. His body was really weak, but he didn't want to shock the kids too much, so after a short time he already needed MC's help to stay up.

MC's children were already 7y old. When the oldest one was making a wish, he knew something was wrong, so he said that he wished for them to celebrate the birthday next year with the same group of people (more like with old man Lin).

Unfortunatly, the next day Lin was already dead. When Soaring got the call from Lin's caretaker, he went to his own grandfather to talk to him, but it turned out he was dead as well. He was too old, and he only wanted to see the kids birthday before leaving, just like Lin old man.

When the family gathered in the old man's room, Soaring also told them that MC's master is already dead. When Qiao Nan heard it, she couldn't take it and almost fainted. At that time, her oldest son already woke up and went inside the room, so MC took him out and took care of him, so she spend that time with her loved ones.

When they set up a mourning hall for the 2 man, Lin's lawyer came with his will. He left Qiao Nan his whole fortune, over 10M $, which was a super big figure at that time. MC asked the lawyer to take the money and put them into a charity used to help older people.

Lin family wasn't happy about it. Lin old man wasn't close to them, and most of them weren't even close relatives of him, but they still wanted a part of his fortune. Lin already predicted it, so when he made his will, he took his doctor together with him, so that he could testify that he was of sane mind and made his decision willingly.

Peng Yu wanted to make some trouble, so he helped spread some rumors and pushed Lin family forward. Lin old man and Yan old man were both in high positions before they retired, so a lot of important people came to their funeral. Lin family couldn't even get close to them before some soldiers chased them out.

5. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    The author really knows how to pull the heartstrings in the later chapters, effectively using the children to paint a picture.

stumblmer likes this.
  6. xWangan

Reading List:
    Link
    Qiao Zizi + Ding Mom Arc:
    Shu girl is gonna get married with Zhu kid. Before, when they were engaged, they did it so that Zhu old man would be happy. This time however, Zhu kid proposed 'for real'.

I think MC is already a female diplomat/ambasador? There was a scene in which Ding Mom saw MC on the tv and talked about her being it, but not sure if something didn't get lost in MTL... Anyway, Ding Mom wants to lie on MC's coctails, so she wants to go to the capital and get some benefits for herself from MC. After all, she thinks that 'since MC is now an diplomat, she can't let other people know that she's not fillial to her parents' or other bullshit.

Qiao Zizi want's to divorce her husband. She's currently staying with Ding Mom, since her husband slapped her in the face. It seems like Zizi was playing around with other men, so yeah...

I think there was another time skip that I missed. Qiao Nan has now been in the ministry for 7-8y, while the oldest count I had was 4y. Also, something that I missed before, was that MC's father moved to the capital 5y ago. NanNan's kids will soon go to junior high school as well.

Ding mom and Qiao Zizi came to the capital and wanted to go to MC's house. Before they got in, MC was driving by, so she stopped and took them to a teahouse. Turns out MC has been giving Ding Mom 1k $ a month for 'support', but Ding Mom is more greedy and directly said that she would like to live in MC's house. MC obviously didn't agree, and it ended up with keeping the 1k$ + adding renting a house for her in capital. Also, not sure if I understood it properly, but it seems that Zizi has a daughter as well, but I'm not sure on this one.

While that was happening, her husband went ahead and found himself a lawyer to help with the divorce. Turned out that he hired a private detective before, and has a lot of evidence of Zizi cheating on him. After he left the lawyer's office, the lawyer called Chen scum.

Turns out he's an classmate of Chen Jun, and the person with whom Zizi cheated was Scum Chen. Scum Chen wasn't bothered by it, since he pretty much thought of Qiao Zizi as a monthly subscribtion prostitute. Give her some money per month and she'll sleep with him, He just threw her away.

Xu friend Arc:
    Qiao Nan has a friend with the surname Xu as well. I'm not sure where she came from, I somehow missed it. I think she might be a person from the English club MC used to belong to in college. Anyway, she's married as well, and her daughter is friends with MC's daughter.

Turns out her husband wants to divorce her, and found a lot of people claiming that she's a bad person, bad mother etc...

Surname Xu asked Qiao Nan for help, so MC found a private detective that used to be in the army before, and he found proof of her husband cheating on her and making another woman pregnant.

Also, while the husband looked pretty good before, taking care of the kid and all (since Xu was working in a good company and often had to stay for overtime), it turns out that their familly is pretty strict with their way of thinking, and they favour boys over girls. So the kid was taken care by the grandmother, and even tho they 'took care' of her, she still prefers her mother.

The house they live in, aside from a part of mortgage, was mostly paid with the money from Xu. Now her husband wants to divorce her, keep the kid, and get the house as a benefit.

They both got themselves lawyers, and it ended up with Xu's being on the winning side. She asked for the parental right of her daughter,
    alimony, and the house. If he doesn't want to give her the house, then sell it and split the money (She has a higher share of the house, so she would get like 10+ M, while he would only get 2,5M).

Later, since the house was in a good neighborhood that had its prices rising each year, Qiao Nan bought the house. They paid the small part to the ex-husband, and Qiao Nan gave the house back to Xu (Xu will slowly pay back the rest of the money). It can be used as a dowry later on for Xu's daughter.

7. cantiara

cantiara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Mom is seriously mental... and what is Nannan thinking to still support the Mom financially every month even after all the things that she has put her through? I just don't get it.

Also, it's cool to see that the story expands to so many years later, even up until the children are teenagers.

Aj90 likes this.
  8. xWangan

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the mother was just badly brought up as well? I mean, I didn't get much from the MTL, but I think that Ding family wasn't on good terms with Ding mom, and her days in the Ding family were pretty bad. Later, they even disowned each other.

Ding Mother's biggest hope was to have a capable son that could take her to a higher level, so that she could show the Ding family that they made a mistake in treating her badly. When she got pregnant 2nd time, she ended up with a daughter, so yeah... And after that, well... Her delusions just got worse. Also worth mentioning is that a lot of things she did, she simply made them under Zizi's influence.

She's still pretty stupid and mental, but I'd say she's much better now than she was before. She wants to have a comfortable life, but she won't just go and make trouble for MC for no reason. Qiao Zizi is much worse.

I guess MC is financially supporting her because in the end she's her biological mother, and even if not for that, Ding mom will keep quiet if she gets some money. MC is pretty rich right now, so that small number of money per month is not something she will miss.

9. xWangan

Reading List:
    Link
    Qiao Zizi in Capital Arc:
    Like I said before, Zizi is now much worse than Ding Mom.

Chen Jun thought that somehow Qiao Nan owns him something. He thinks that if he married her instead of Soaring, Lin Master would help him and his Chen family would raise. Because of that, in his stupid head, he somehow turned to blame Qiao Nan for not marrying him. Bullshit, I know. Anyway, he once again talked Qiao Zizi into going to the Capital to make trouble for Qiao Nan.

Qiao Zizi got divorced with her husband, and took her daughter with her. The daughter didn't really want to leave her dad's family, but her temperament is pretty similar to Zizi, so when she was told that she would become a princess if she came with her, she quickly agreed.

The 2 of them made their way to the capital and came to MC's house saying that they are her relatives. MC again took them to a teahouse.

Her kids were home at that time. They saw that their mother's face wasn't looking good when she heard about the visit, and they also didn't know that their mother had a sister. ML's mother had no choice but to tell them some things about how bad Qiao Zizi + DIng mom were for MC in her childhood, so the kids pretty much hate these 2 now.

Qiao Zizi heard from Chen bastard that MC's master left her a lot of money, so she was jelaous of her. She ordered Qiao Nan to give her one of the houses she owns, and it would be good if she gave her 5k a month since she needs to have money for her daughter. If not, it would be good if she could introduce a job to her, 10k a month is a must!

Yeah, suprise suprise, MC didn't agree and just left.

Qiao Zizi's daughter also seems a little scared of her. Some things about how fierce she is and how the daughter's classmates have gentle mothers. In the end she sent her daughter back to her father. She wants to pick her up again when she gets some benefits from MC.

Soaring got pretty mad when he heard it. Qiao Zizi was already on his blacklist, and now hearing that she was making trouble again, it was time to get rid of her. It would bring some trouble to MC if she just ignored her family members, so Soaring just went to Ding Mom and told her to decide what she's going to do (Since most of the time Zizi allows herself to make trouble because Ding mom is there to help out). Ding Mom decided to move away to another place without Zizi's knowledge, so that she couldn't find her in the future.

Also, I think both she and Qiao dad disowned Zizi? Not sure about this one, but I'm pretty sure they did.

10. winterkaguya

Reading List:
    Link
    We have just reached chapter 100! Omg...over 2000 chapters?? That'll be a long wait for me! Thank you for the summaries! I really enjoyed it!

11. winterkaguya

Reading List:
    Link
    Everytime I read about Ding Jiayi (Nan Nan's mom), I feel this growing urge to throw my phone down or yelling at it...like seriously! I don't think I've ever read a more shameless mother than her....she is so disgusting!!

12. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    She's a college senior who roped Qiao Nan into the club due to her talents. At one point Qiao Nan was being courted by the two rival English clubs, thinking that she would be useful in helping securing funding/sponsorship for their club activities. Xu was direct, while the other was influenced by Qiao Nan's jealous college roommates. It turns out that the college's alumni who could give the funding was actually Gao Yan, the young man who was pursuing Qiao Nan's high school friend Fang Fang. Qiao Nan promised to advise Gao Yan on his girl problem while securing funding for Xu's club. Later on when Xu graduated she was immediately recruited into Gao Yan's high flying company.

I think Ding-mu had three children: two sons and Ding Jiayi. It was hard times and she simply couldn't afford to raise a third child and so Ding Jiayi was given away to be raised elsewhere. This preference for boys affected her own way of thinking.

There are two reviews in NovelUpdates (one is mine, and I finished reading it sometime back, the other is Tea Fragrance) that mention the length of the story. You might be flipping the table at some point.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  13. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    Filial piety is a big deal in China, being one of the key tenets of Confucianism. Several times in the story, mentions of the actual law in China appear about how there is a minimum requirement to fulfill (eg: enough for the elderly to survive on). Qiao Nan did it with as much distance as possible: she would wire back some allowance. Ding Jiayi after being egged on by Qiao Zizi even took the matter to court claiming that Qiao Nan was not filial, hoping to blackmail her seeing that she was now a famous person. Ding got smacked down by Qiao Nan's lawyer (she did not even appear in court) with proof of regular transfers. That is... to Qiao Dongling the father. It's not Qiao Nan's fault that the father cut off Ding Jiayi completely.

As for the children, there are many, many chapters about how cute and intelligent they are, how they incite jealousy from their father due to their closeness with his wife and how they essentially robbed him of 'personal fun time' with her. It makes chapter 1748/1749 (according to the raws I read) all the more galling.

14. cantiara

Reading List:
    Link
    @rdawv Thanks for your explanation about fulfilling filial piety is an actual law on China. Now I understand more.
    Can you maybe also clarify how old the ML is? How many gaps in age does he have with Qiao Nan? Thanks!

stumblmer likes this.
  15. xWangan

Reading List:
    Link
    Qiao Nan in trouble Arc:
    So, Qiao Nan has some troubles because of some rumors. I had a hard time understanding what's happening here, so maybe @rdawv can explain it if I'm wrong on this one. Anyway, I understood 2 things, but have no idea how they are related and how they came by:
    • There was a post somewhere in the internet that Qiao Nan is blocking other people in the foreign ministry, basically talking trash about her? I think it was made by the Xu guy that was kind of booted out from the ministry before? And with some insight from a Li fool that was still inside the ministry.
    • There was also a tv report, I think from MC's sister, saying that she has no filial piety and that she leaves her poor relatives alone to die, and that she controls her parents or smth.
    Anyway, I'm pretty sure these things were done under Peng Yu's instructions.

Qiao Nan didn't care much. She knew from where the rumors came, so she just decided to take her kids + family out on a holiday. During that time, she also publicized a recording from the last time she talked with her sister (That time when Zizi came and asked for house + money). The party also sued these media companies that reported fake news.

However, in the end it still wasn't too good to have these things out in the open. Qiao Nan thought about it for some time, and in the end gave up her position for Ding guy (Who by the way is no longer working with Peng Yu).

Qiao Zizi's death Arc:
    MC went out to pick her kids from school that day. When they were going back home with their car, Qiao Zizi jumped out on the road and let herself be hit by their car.

Zizi was scared that she will go to jail because of the trouble she made. She was also already divorced, and her mother didn't seem like she wanted to help her this time, so her thinking process was that it's better to die from Qiao Nan's car accident and make trouble for her.

MC asked her kids to call for help when she went outside the car to check out on her. A doctor came pretty quickly, so Zizi's plan didn't work out as she wanted (Since she didn't die).

When Qiao Zizi was taken to the hospital, it turned out that her injuries weren't super bad or anything, since MC was driving pretty slow. Ding Mom was back to her old self, and when she run into the hospital, she directly cursed at MC and wanted to hit her. Qiao Dad pushed her away, but yeah...

Qiao Zizi still didn't want ot be saved. If she let the doctors in the hospital do their job, she would end up well. She didn't, so an easy surgery ended up being dragged for hours, and in the end she died.

A fun fact could be, that before she died, she told the nurse in the surgery room that she didn't want Ding Mom to come to her funeral or handle it? Anyway, she said it in a way that implied that she hated the person.

16. cantiara

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah, the evil sister is so desperate, and desperate people call for desperate measure. It's ironic how in Nannan's previous life she was the one that died from a car accident. In this life, it's the evil sister, and this is her retribution.

17. MichaelBarnes

MichaelBarnes Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never seen people want to hear spoilers.

18. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    The gap is 5 years.

She and Minister He Yi kept two incompetent newcomers in control: Xu Ximing (no relation to senior Xu) and Li Dawei. These two young men were ambitious were worse than Deng: they do not have the actual talent/skill behind them. Deng at least was very qualified, hence his resentment towards Qiao Nan when she took charge of the department. Eventually Xu Ximing was banished out of the office to literally guard a warehouse of old documents, meaning that his career will never advance. Li Dawei was frightened to at least put in some effort thereafter. When He Yi chose Qiao Nan, Li Dawei tried to incite Deng who scorned him: Qiao Nan would be a far better minister than Li Dawei ever be, and she has the family backing to boot. What does Li Dawei have? Even the guards don't respect him.

Later, via an intermediary, Peng Yu had Qiao Zizi meet the media to launch a smear campaign on Qiao Nan. The respected papers were skeptical and preferred to investigate, but the tabloids and keyboard warriors were more than eager to criticize her abandonment of "poor Qiao Zizi". How can such a cold person be part of the ministry? The internet was abuzz with such talk, even after discovering that Zhai Sheng was her husband.

Li Dawei enjoyed this period, until he found himself being glared with unfriendly eyes every where he went. Eventually he asked an older worker to find out why: he told him to look for a specific thread. In it were criticism, slander and other nonsense against Qiao Nan throwing her weight around in the ministry. He really did not write these things even though he agreed with them... but who would believe that he was not the author? He had butted heads so often against her, it was obvious that he would be the source.

He frantically went to Qiao Nan to declare his innocence, Qiao Nan merely said "Yeah, ok, go back to work" causing him to be even more vocal. Everyone in office who heard it saw his panic to be confirmation of his guilt instead. He admitted that he had gotten drunk and flapped his mouth to Xu Ximing, Qiao Nan said the later might have written it but the words still came from Li Dawei. Li Dawei was so panicked and furious that he looked for Xu Ximing and brawled with him.

Qiao Nan's position is unshakeable, there are more than enough influence from all around her to keep her in place. She calmly and quietly ignored the attacks, and went on holiday with her family.

Peng Yu called Qiao Zizi to end their alliance. Qiao Zizi wanted to step up her media appearances and keep up her attacks, but Peng Yu sneered at her. Does she realize she is also attacking important people like Zhai Sheng and Yan? Are you seeking death? In the end, Qiao Nan never broke the law: she really after all did the minimum amount of care. You are her sister, not her mother. She was under no legal obligations to take care of you. Peng Yu told her to lie low so that she won't be persecuted for slandering against national leaders.

After the vacation, Qiao Nan with help from father-in-law Yan uploaded the recording of Qiao Zizi's blackmail attempt at the teahouse. The media who falsely reported on Qiao Nan were thoroughly suppressed by the authorities. Even at this juncture, Qiao Zizi phoned home to Ding Jiayi to tearfully plead to Qiao Nan. I don't want much anymore, just a small villa and 5000 every month, ok? Ding Jiayi refused, by now she too had seen that Qiao Nan had already done more than enough. She can't stop Qiao Zizi but won't help her with this. Their relationship was severed at this point, Zizi blamed her mother for constantly spoiling her.

Even though the situation had more or less resolved, Qiao Nan still decided to leave and appointed Deng as her successor. She suggested him to inform Peng Yu, but he told her that their family cooperation had ended some time ago: at one point Deng saw how happily married Qiao Nan was and this in turn inspired him to build his own family. That was a major reason why he didn't actively try to unseat her previously, bid his time to do his work properly and trust in the system. The Pengs wanted to fluster the Dengs by ending the alliance, who knew that the Dengs themselves were really going to stop. So the moment the Pengs opened their mouths, the Dengs quickly agreed.

One of Deng's first order of business was to get rid of Li Dawei, much to the glee of everyone else who thought he was avenging Qiao Nan. Li Dawei and Xu Ximing were 'exiled' to the frontier in the middle of nowhere, and not even their families could help them.

19. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    This entire subforumis about spoilers...

stumblmer likes this.
  20. MichaelBarnes

MichaelBarnes Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me it is strange. I'm sorry.