Picked Up Maseki Gurume: Mamono no Chikara o Tabeta Ore wa Saikyou!

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by terror100, Jul 8, 2019.

?

Would you want this to be translated?

1. Yes

2. Don't know don't really know about the story

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. terror100

terror100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Maseki Gurume: Mamono no Chikara o Tabeta Ore wa Saikyou!, 魔石グルメ ~魔物の力を食べたオレは最強!~
    Raw Link: ncode
    NU Link: novelupdates
    Last translated / translator: Not on Nu Yet!
    Rating: Not on Nu Yet!
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: This WN has a starting manga, Has 3 vol of Light novels, has about +350 chapters
    Description:
    女神のお陰で貴族に転生! 順調のはずが――貰ったスキル【毒素分解EX】が地味すぎて、家では馬鹿にされる日々……。
     しかしある時、そのスキルで魔物の魔石を食べて能力を吸収できること、自分が隣国の王子であることを知らされる!
     王城で待っていたのは、豊富な魔石で実験・訓練し、最強の力を引き出してくれる環境で――遂には、伝説の魔物デュラハンの能力まで我が物に!
    Raw

Reborn in nobles thanks to the goddess! It should be good-every day when the skill [the detoxification EX] is too sober and foolish at home ....
     However, at one time, you will be informed that you can eat the magic stone of the demon with that skill and absorb the ability, and that you are the prince of a neighboring country!
     What I have been waiting in Wangjo is in an environment where you can experiment and train with abundant magic stones and bring out the strongest power-finally, the ability of the legendary monster Durahan will be mine!
    Google translate

In this world, It's only me who can get stronger by eating Magic Stones! <br><br>At one point, I received an offer to have a smooth life reincarnation from the Goddess-sama... But the skill I got as a prize is Toxins Decomposition EX. Ugh, what a plain skill! Its so pitiful that even my own family makes fun of me... <br>However, one day I realized that because of this skills effect, I can eat and gain power from Magic Stones! I've also been notified that I'm the prince from a neighboring country!? What awaits me in the castle are days of experimenting with Magic Stones and training, the perfect environment for me to become the strongest man there is... <br>And to top it off, I received the Magic Stone of Dullahan! <br>The story of a boy on the path to become a King while being chased by an assertive fiancee and Female Knights starts here!
    Description of the manga because is says more about the story

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only read the manga, i wonder why it says only HE can eat magic stones. His power is just to make the stones eatable. Normally it should also work on other people.

3. terror100

terror100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if i'm correct humans can only touch low quality magic stones are they to strong then it will harm the body
    and if i'm correct they use the magic stone while he take the magic inside it self (making him stronger)

4. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    In the manga, he just got the skill to make the magic stones eatable, he doesn't have any special skill like Gluttony or other stuff that makes him unique of getting skills/stats by eating magic stones. So normally other people should also be able to eat magic stones (that MC transformed) and get bonuses.
    Of course everything could be clarified if there is a mention of the goddess making his body special and making it not shown on status.

5. Moonlightwolf

Moonlightwolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was about to write a request for someone to pick this up. . I’m so happy I’m not the only one who wants this translated (I’ve been impatiently waiting for the manga to release).

Also is it bad of me that I want the MC’s father to have massive regret for neglecting his eldest? It seriously pisses me off that the father wrote off his son for a “useless” skill. . I want spoilers as to when the MC meets his father again.

citifiedarc1 and Toralk like this.
  6. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    Went and read the manga, though there are only 3 chapters so far. Really nice to see a story where the mother just takes her son and leaves, instead of quietly suffering while her son stews in impotent rage his entire childhood.

7. citifiedarc1

citifiedarc1 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to read this after finding the manga. And I think the father will get his just desserts when the MC comes back lays the beat down on his brother for trying to take the girl he gave the star crystal to.

8. rusty32539

rusty32539 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are extremely poisonus only his Toxin Decomposition EX skill allows him to survive. Anyone else would die from eating them.

lazynoodles likes this.
  9. tysonn3

tysonn3 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want to read this. Manga caught me wanting more.

ShiniUsa likes this.
  10. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean to say that his skill only works in contact with his body ? Because it's kinda not really explained in manga because it just looks like he touched the stone and it became eatable, there was no shown reason that he couldn't just give the no-toxin stone to someone else.

11. grandurr

grandurr [Daisy's Peony] [Negiomi's Nectar]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its the premise where touching a magic stone is alright until you swallow it as it will react and becomes extremely poisonous, so maybe thats why only mc can eat them

12. grandurr

grandurr [Daisy's Peony] [Negiomi's Nectar]

Reading List:
    Link
    And the moment he absorbs the toxin, the magic stone becomes useless as the toxins are the good stuff lol

13. leprosus

leprosus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +9001 I'd like to see it translated

14. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't know there was ch3, read it and found it really awesome even though i would somehow prefered to not have a love triangle with MC - brother - duke loli.

16. DLOB

DLOB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed! This manga looks promising.

17. Moonlightwolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not understand why people keep saying it’s going to be a love triangle between the MC - MC’s brother - Duke’s Granddaughter. Like, where is that mentioned?

Ch.3 of the manga does not say it. The MC and the MC’s brother both went to a party at the Duke’s estate, where it would be announced that the MC’s brother was going to be the next earl of their household and was engaged to a marquis’s daughter. MC then met and flirted with the Duke’ Granddaughter. Nowhere is this triangle mentioned.

18. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    We misunderstood with who the brother is going to be the fiancé. Unless it's you who is wrong, for some reason i remember Duke when talking about the girl for the brother.

19. Moonlightwolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m pretty sure they said marquis daughter for the brother, It was just a brief section in the manga (like pg. 4 I think).

20. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... that would explain why she left the party to follow MC but i also thought before she came back to encounter the brother.