Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been thinking about something, how exactly is going to be the adult form of van, it will be spoken of when it will be but we have never thought about how it will be, it will be a more beautiful young man than his complete harem to the do alucard (castlevania) or gotten to be a muscular male to the scanner or a balance of beauty and masculinity to the alucard (hellsing), for my part I can not help but see it with the fine features of voltron reboot lotor with its long, straight white hair covering the entire face leaving between seeing his unsympathetic pair of eyes.

hillo315 and toxinpsd like this.
  2. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    how is putting the cart before the horse, the question should've been when or if.

A. Due to working extensively (work while being a child and with practically 20+ jobs, that's quite the stress build up, he has growing pains at least).

B. He could possibly be 'fully' grown himself (basically he'll have a child's body for life... lol, that's gotta suck btw).

But that aside, I'd wager he'd look more like he did in Origin (Death Metal long-ish white hair and no muscles (excluding DK muscles intentionally) but not skin and bones either).

Eddy andres likes this.
  3. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van is a trap, his adult form will be an androgynous trap as well. Think supermodel, but with a penis...

Nimitz, Bla8bla, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  4. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fanart?:blobpeek:

Szmiiit, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  5. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    I just casually was answering another question and went through the Manas-Vijnana wikipedia page, and found something interesting.

Now, I may be overly simplistic here, but I think it's possible to describe the guidance as "Guiding a person towards reflecting one self's actions", this could explain Randolph's weird feelings from his dreams, the nostalgia feeling from remembering old friends and so on.

Not only that, but it's possible that his dreams are being based on that, although the latest one with Kanako could be the joke of her actively trying to go after him, he had other previous dreams that he would flee after seeing the pair of eyes.

Thinking about it, this is quite similar to Sinful Chains, but not focused in punishing through sins, but making one question their own actions to finally end up being more honest with themselves. Of course, the previous paths are still there, but this one should be extra effective on Randolph.

----------------------

Another thing I would like to declare, first let's remember from the latest translated chapter that Pauvina is a Dragon Princess (Unlike the translated version added to her and Van titles for who knows what reason, there is no Elder nor god in the title, they are both Dragon Emperor and Princess respectively). Don't you guys agree that "Princess Pauvina" sounds really nice? She even got a knight to fight in her behalf (Although it's not necessary)

------------

Edit: Densuke added 2 racial skills to the 2 that he had forgotten.

Also Van confirmed that, besides Mei and Hiroshi, everyone else (or at least most) people have converted into the new races.

Edit 2: Densuke added Guidance to Mari.
    Also, about Orlock not noticing Eleonora's sunlight weakness, seems like he had forgotten, but yeah, he didn't add anything, so it will probably remain like that.

One doubt that I had myself about the Black Maria title. It seems that Mari kept it because the other LDAs and others also know about it, so it's them that are keeping it.

The undead in Van's "Solo Party" are hiding their heads with sacks to avoid making others afraid.

Darcia seems to be the only one to actually properly understand all Van's expressions.

Also, it seems that all (or at least most) of the Origin immigrants with the exception of Mei and Hiroshi are now from new races.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Korleone, Bla8bla, Mesaphrom and 2 others like this.
  6. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Bellwood is not going to enjoy meeting Van.

Maybe Van is going to guide the students by divine cooking?

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  7. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    and if the opposite is true and if those millennia of being trapped, a masochist needs to be rebuked and wished that they will punish him when he sees that his guide forces him to face himself. Thinking about it, maybe Randolf's dream means that he really wants to be on stage and be guided by Van and Kanako? Is van it in the unwittingly extreme sadist that forces people to face their darkest secrets?

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  8. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    @ ssjmaiko4 then all those who were brought from origins now have the same race as doug and lucilian, what effect will they have when they go to origins, will they have bodies capable of bending steel like rubber or even have their original bodies stored? .pd: so officially vandeliu plagueando resident evil, now even has the plagues of 4 (only instead of a chainsaw has a giant pair of scissors to the clock tower).

hillo315 likes this.
  9. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

I think you're on to something here.

Dreams draw from memories. There's no way this isn't related.

Isn't this actually an amazing alternative to Sinful Chains? Feeling guilt is one thing, but Van can grant others the will to live and improve, and even a more objective morality.

I'm surprised that actually worked.

Bla8bla and Eddy andres like this.
  10. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  11. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say that the van, although with its size should be more to the doctor octopus

hillo315 likes this.
  12. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    I have had a doubt that has almost become a theory, vandeliu acquires traits of the souls that devours? I mean that since vandeliu consumed the evil god of mind control and was increasing his abilities of parallel thinking, he started to develop a tendency to control the mind of his enemies or to see mind control always as an option, I thought, if the souls devoured give abilities unlike those destroyed, leave traces of the devoured consciousness? thinking more deeply maybe the abyss / root skill is similar to the mixture of robbery / cannibalism domains that prevents the devoured souls from regaining control of the main body, and all the souls strong enough remain in a dormant state or are stopped by root, although in the most specific case of the god of mind control maybe it is because he was devoured by vandeliu at an early stage of its development. Could someone give me your opinion about this?

hillo315 likes this.
  13. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    So uls finally appears, and it seems that it is going to give the false image of interested in marriage, something tells me that those who launched that joke may not be so far from reality. poor nobles, trying to steal information from vandeliu by means of their daughters, without knowing that after spending time with van he will be the one to steal them. raise your hands

Korleone and hillo315 like this.
  14. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    raise your hand who still has hope in the survival of ketchup and his party, because after seeing how they were so easily cheated and rejected everything is valuable information as garbage, I think I lost it. PS: Seriously, heinz, the existence of more death wizards destroys all your self-unfounded fears, even if you have the dismay to accept that you're wrong

hillo315, sirin423 and toxinpsd like this.
  15. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    The time is half a month after Van entered school

Heinz's old sword breaks, the sword that he had for over 10 years, this is more of an emotional impact for him and the other 2 that were with him all alone. This is a problem because his training and skills require a Magic Swords for max potential, otherwise, most of his training will go to waste.

Bellwood says that he had Holy Swords of his the he left for his children and so on, so he could get one of those, but he doesn't know where they are since he has been out of touch. Those are the Swords he used in his fights to kill Vida's people and gods, so he even asks if Heinz could destroy those swords. Nemesis Bell was one of such swords, however many of those swords were broken or lost in the past. Heinz tells Bellwood that the future will be changed (I can't understand how he thinks this would atone for his past actions...), still, the sword could be hard to use for non-champion.

They had already met the man called Asagi who gave them news, they are studying the seal of DK Fragments, they told Heinz that Van and themselves are people from another world similar to the Champions, and there are others already in the world. Asagi also warned them, in the world were they were, Van became a God, and allied himself with all the other Death Attribute users from there, and should be moving to this world anytime soon. This was good news to Heinz, because he was worried that once Van died the undead would go crazy, if there were more, that would be good, although they told him that only another one of those could control undead, plus none of them have abnormal levels of Mana.

Edgar rises suspicions, Asagi could be an agent from Van, plus he is working with the same god the reincarnated Van, To Edgar Gudu, he needs Heinz to not give up the fight, he needs to keep him motivated. Heinz agrees that he can't trust everything that easily, or at least until he sees these new Death Mages himself, but he thinks they are not lying, besides, if it was a lie, they would receive an Oracle from Alda. The fact that he seems to know that much yet doesn't know where such Mages are now makes it suspicious too, of course, if they asked Van's associates, they wouldn't answer either. so Heinz continues worried with Van's limited lifespan that would cause an undead break over time, in fact, Van wouldn't trust him in regards to Mei and Mari, he would fight to the death in such situation.

However Delizah calls it a cheat, while they are playing Dark Souls to become stronger, Van not only is getting stronger but also become a God from another world out of nowhere, this means that he is stronger than Dragons, Titans and even Evil Gods, meanwhile as human beings they have a lower pace of strengthening themselves. Anyway, they suggest asking the gods, but Heinz seems to not want to call them over and over again for small questions, they could talk with Telkatanis, but the nobles may not have much of a trust in them... And Alcrem is no go, they guess the position they gave Darcia, he is already in league with Van, and they are right.

Useless Girl arrives, and Heinz asks about her sending a letter to Van, Edgar however doesn't think it will be different from the first time she wrote, they tried to compare the handwriting from the letter with the one written by the Dhampir in Niarki and they are sure they are the same person, Delizah suggests that maybe if the Cardinal or Priest were to write... Anyway, Selen will write another one if that will help Heinz. Ironically, that's the best mental attack agaisnt Van they could do at the moment.

Asagi had also given another warning to be more careful with Tsuchiya Kanako than with Van, but Heinz heard from an Oracle from Alda through Bellwood that she is also a reincarnator and possibly a Guider, because he didn't think that Kanako was such a more important target, they were distrustful of Asagi's behavior.

--------------------------

In Orbaum, a big party was made in the mansion of Duke Alcrem, the reason for this party is to introduce Darcia as a noble. Nobles like Mahibires Redos, a master of archery who shot Wyverns, and Darvlan Shabil, a painter. Basically Takkard was pressed by other nobles to introduce her, although that's also for them to be able to approach and investigate her. Of course, Takkard didn't decide this alone, he told Van about it and they thought about making a Party, they have been refusing everything up until now, but Takkard warned that they would soon send in some pawns just to start trouble with them, so he advised Van into receiving them.

Takkard himself arrived in a flying vehicle powered by flying dragons. At the same time, many nobles seem somewhat desperate, they heard rumors and they want the things that helped some nobles' skins and hair, another one said he would give total support from alcrem, but his family seems to be suffering from a skin disease. If they properly just asked Van to help them he would probably do it with pleasure, but the way it's happening is making him angry. He could only calm down thanks to Luciliano who is next to him. He is writing the names and circumstances of those nobles just like a secretary. Luciliano is worried that the demand for V Cream is too high, and he wonders who spread the rumors, but like this, he will need more Fat and Blood from Van... He seemed quite happy with the idea.

However, at the party, there was a group that was conflicted in approaching their target. The noble's daughters... Since Van is the eldest son of Darcia and has no announced fiancee, the daughters were sent by the parents to approach him and maybe even get the secret for creating his prosthesis or his tamer abilities. Their problem was that Van was already surrounded and being served by people around him, which included Pauvina, Eleonora, Bellmond, Eisen and Zadiris. Besides the 3 gorgeous and mature women, and ignoring Pauvina who besides her height was also quite a beauty, Zadiris looked to be similar in age to them, and they are all close to Van talking informally. A daughter capable of piercing that barrier simply didn't exist.

Usually such parties are made to allow different noble families to get acquainted with other families, as such, this sort of behavior could be something to be complained, however none made such a thing, because all those here have been warned and had to accept that Van's followers would be in it too, as such, many of those curious and interested in these news are also here. Van decides that he should thank Orlock, and Bellmond suggests making some skewers for him. Bellmond has also been marked as tamed by Orlock. His SAN points may be decreasing...

"I hope you are well, Vandalieu Zakkart-dono"

One of the daughters pierced the barrier, the girl is about 7 or 8 years old, she had a tense expression. She introduces herself as Keity Hartner properly, also giving her former codename as Urd.

-------------------------

So Asagi doesn't seem to know about Avalon, this is quite interesting that Heinz didn't trust him completely, since he shouldn't, as Asagi doesn't know everything. I'm also guessing that he wasn't told about the peaceful acts with Bravers.

Useless girl will write a letter again, I wonder when she will be told "Your father in law killed my mother first and almost killed me, now I will kill him, but I have nothing against you, so ask Jennifer and Daiana to move out."

Bellwood is still a piece of shit, Heinz finally knows that Alcrem is with Van, but there has been no direct mention about him knowing that the gods are allying all against Alda and himself. From this chapter I can also kinda see Heinz actually surviving somehow in the future as part of a plot twist, basically, I can see that he understand that killing Van will not be an act of Justice or Honor, if he kills Van, it will be only to defend himself from a victim from one of his sins, but his mind certainly works in mysterious ways, to think his words of encouragement to Bellwood is "The future will be changed", does he understand that the change will indeed happen, and it will dismiss everything that Bellwood started no matter who wins?

------------

Meanwhile at the party, I can see another guided person, the painter, certainly he will be guided. Meanwhile, for Zadiris to be here, I'm guessing that Basdia remained in Moksy to keep the shows... Still.

Poor Orlock, he got such damage from Eleonora and Bellmond, just imagine when he has to deal with Isla, it will be... Poor man, certainly he should move from virgin bitch Nineroad to Chad Vida, or any of the other allies.

And who would have expected, Urd and Van to meet here, I wonder if she did it herself or from recommendation from the Angels (Which I highly doubt), either way, what also surprises me is that Lucas Hartner MUST BE IN THIS PARTY, he had such courage, oh man, we need a Giant here, anyone, well, I guess Pauvina could say that she is one herself in a way and put some pressure.

So I'm guessing next chapter will be Hartner focused.

-----
    If you rationalized a little but in your question you would have found the answer:
    Everyone BUT Mei and Hiroshi turned into races. Here is pseudo-spanish for you: Todos MENOS Mei e Hiroshi.

This means that those who changed won't move back anymore. It already quite likely that the Bravers will move to Lambda anyway to deal with Rokudou, or at least the main ones.
    Van has not acquired the traits of the souls he devours. He got skills, but nothing about memories, it seems that consuming souls is also an act of cleaning, considering that when he ate back his fragments after the fight against Heinz, he noticed that it weakened the curse a little.

The rest of your hypothesis falls with that.

I would like to introduce you to the Edit Button, it stays right at the bottom of your posts and you can Edit the text to add more text into them. If you start making a post to each sentence you write, the more pages and the more annoying to read and going back pages is. But whatever, I don't make the rules anyway, so I'm just complaining here.

---------

Edit: Considering the mention in this chapter that receiving one of Bellwoods Artifact would be much more rewarding than getting nobility from a duchy, I'm inclined to believe that it's guaranteed, Hartner will be forced into Van's circle, and will drop Heinz nobility. this also means useless girl is not a noble related relative anymore.

---------------

Edit1:
    Things of note. Borkus has received the Aura of Fear skill in chapter 12. Densuke used it but had forgotten to add it to his status.
    Don't know if you all remember the conversation about how things were going in Moksi, where they mention the Alda extremists attacking the orphans, concerts and the tamer's guild. That conversation was done between Miles and an referenced figure (Or at least, I never found out who it was and I suspected it could be Kimberely). It was a DK Familiar. There was a correction (I have not checked) because Van at the Dark Continent would be too far away to control it.

In the previous chapter there was the request to get 50 magic stone, someone reminded him that not all monsters had magic stones in this novel, and the lower the rank the harder it is to get them, so they would have to defeat overt 200 monster of Rank 3 to get them. Densuke had forgotten about it, and reduced to 10.

I had asked about the undead from Origin, if upon receiving their new bodies they were resurrected, the answer was no, they remain undead.
    I had also commented that Manas-Vijnana had an interesting effect, which Densuke didn't deny nor added anything on, so I will consider it as real.

The reason Nemesis Bell had such an ominous name (Nemesis) is part of Bellwood's black history

And another reason why Heinz may have not trusted Asagi completely is because Asagi may have referred Van as a former friend. And if the letter sent to him contains Heinz name at the sender, Van would just return it without reading.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Korleone, hillo315, Mesaphrom and 4 others like this.
  16. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Asagi seems like a guy that throws out any info that doesn't match The Narrative. Of course the god of fools wouldn't talk about Avalon to others that could mess up his perfect plans.

Does anyone else feel like make Chuck Norris jokes? Too bad, I do!:blobmelt:

Van doesn't summon evil gods for power, they summon him. And very politely.

From chapter 147: The Divine Message that he had received from Merrebeveil was, “Excuse me, there is something that I would like to speak with you about, so I would like to request for you to come and meet me.”

17. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of funny. Heinz worried that when, Van dies of old age, the undead would go wild. And this is when heinz age was rewind. He never consider that Van could do that also.

18. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one tired of Heinz. I would be much more satisfied if Van simply killed him and be done with it...

19. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    ssj4maiko, once again thank you for the summaries without them I would not have understood what heinz said and about your comments ... about mei and hiroshi, I could not really understand until you told me, I thought it was also They had transformed. and the comments will take that into account when making more comments, I understand that there is more than one problem if I write two comments in a row and not to mention four so I will take into account in future comments. sparteh at this point I want a situation in the final fight where bellwood surrenders and leaves heinz to his fate.

Am I the only one who sees the sword of heinz suddenly break like a giant death flag?

I understand that they have registered eleanore and bellmond to the tamers' guild, but that there is lucilian, as they will explain that a magician with the title of depraved (who after working side by side with demons and vandeliu in inhuman experiments deserves something better) that is supposed to be dead appears in the middle of a noble party next to a suspect dampir, I understand that luciliano was not so famous but nobody fears that even if one or two noblemen realize their identity or is that changed the appearance of luciliano, I understand that maybe it is the last but I have the doubt?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    hillo315 likes this.
  20. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    I added a small detail at the start of my summary that I noticed after a small reread, and found out to be relevant. The thing is, that event happened half a month after Van started at school. And from previous chapters, it seems the time has already reached a month, as such, Useless Girl letter's has already been sent and may be arriving soon.

Now, I think that we may need a timeline here. I will set Origin Arc as Day 0:
    A few days before
    -
    Alda's dungeon is open, and Useless Girl announces Asagi's letter.
    - Van arrives in Orbaum and buys Silky
    Day 0
    - Van has done the entrance tests.
    - Origin Arc started and ended
    Day ~15
    - Heinz talks about Asagi's previous information.
    - Useless Girl sends a letter to Van
    - Should be around the time Van met Elizabeth, no time frame was given.
    Day ~30
    - Noble party, Van meets Urd

So I'm guessing that Asagi received the information soon after the events, and in between Day 0 and 15, met with Heinz.

This is indeed a good observation, and I now want to send it to Densuke for his thoughts on it, it would seem that either Heinz is thinking too little (Since I'm an Enemy of Vida, Vida could do the same for Van what Alda did for him), or knows too little (Vandalieu and Vida may be slightly unrelated, and doesn't know that all the other 5 gods are on his side.

Thank you for the consideration.

However, I believe it's hard for us to understand if you simply made a misunderstanding or making, not trying to be offensive here, stupid questions (Because they seem to be ignoring mentioned facts).

I do understand that you are reading through Google Translator, as such, I would advise to remember that "MTL" from English to Spanish is not perfect either, but we won't know of your mistakes since here we are all talking in the same language and overall properly understanding each other.

Edit: And I just sent a comment with Nimitz observations plus some extras, let's see what will be the answer, although I'm kinda of expecting a "Please look forwards to what will happen" or something.

This is the English version.
    It was quite an interesting work to do the opposite of what I usually do to MTL english into Japanese and correcting stuff here and there while not being able to properly understand if I wrote properly.

-------------------------
    Edit2: Densuke confirmed that Rod restricted some info from the angels, so Asagi doesn't know about Avalon. I can only imagine what sort of logic did Asagi have in mind on why Van got other DAs and turned into a God of Origin

He also explained a little about Edgar's situation. It's like there are two personalities, Edgar and a deep rooted Guduranis personality, of course, Edgar is unaware of it and some of his decisions are guided by the other personality, however to him, that's just like he decided on it himself, so he is incapable of noticing. This also made me confirm that the one who suggested Selen to write to Van was Edgar himself, I though it couldn't be the case and considered that it should have been Delizah, but it was none other than Edgar, and then he is unaware that he just unleashed their most effective psychological attack against Van.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019