LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    The third coming of hype followed the fourth coming of wait, distrust and now the seventh coming of anger is near. If only Pacific ocean hadn't had their first coming of greed, we could be individually cumming already.

immortalnovelseeker likes this.
  2. Seinha

Seinha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow

Oh, does it respawn. Why mc crying when someone dies in paradise then. Im confused

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2019
  3. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because even if he meets them on Earth later they won't know or remember him, the person he ultimately met and became friends with is gone and dead forever without divine intervention. Also, seeing them die is really heart breaking and traumatizing cause that's still them going through a shit ton of pain and suffering in most cases. Just cause the consequences aren't as severe as they could be, doesn't mean they aren't still severe in the long run. This also hits people who are family hard since this means that all the hardships they went through together on Paradise are gone from the other person's memories and now they've lost someone to talk to and gain comfort from in this crazy fucked up monster infested "paradise" plus the just as traumatizing experience of seeing a loved family member get tortured in some horrible manner.

4. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering that the original translator did not translate chapter per day at all, probably in long run we'll fare better. (though we had chances to beat the returner in ranking but well we did not have enough time to do that lol)

Though some terminology in the original translation I liked better.

Seol & co. crying was author's attempt to take the event seriously, but the fact that earthlings could return to earth and even re-enter the Paradise broke all the drama. I mean c'mon, who can take it seriously if you just return to earth and act as nothing happened. Not to mention, they know where people come from and so on.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    waleuska and immortalnovelseeker like this.
  5. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you would be fine with having your best friend loose a large amount of their memories and major personality aspects and not think twice about it? You wouldn't be able to reconnect either as you would have to constantly relive their death when you are around them and leave paradise and any connections within paradise or else they likely wouldn't bother with someone who disappears for months at a time. Although it is not as bad as dying, it is much, much worse than you make it out to be.

6. DreamHaze

DreamHaze Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not possible to re-enter paradise after death unless you have very high achievement points or if someone else can pay those points for you I think even then the memories might be still lost. I wonder if seol will meet the dead guys with no memories in the future on earth. I would like to see that.

7. chucke

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not worse than death so it is not as bad as author was trying to portray it like something major.

If you know that they won't die for real, it takes away the true feeling of death. As long as you are not truly dead, everything can be restored.

The only questionable aspect is memory loss but it is not as bad you are making it.

Sea Dog and Seinha like this.
  8. Olis

Olis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is indeed not true death but their reaction was not over-exaggerated. If they really died then their reaction would be far worse. The time when Alex and Samuel died they only felt it was pity and some even called them fools. When someone close to them died the people reacted differently according to their personalities and experience.

Kazuki killed everyone personally including his own family member without showing anything on outside. Seol is inexperienced and it was his first time looking at his close friend in a half-dead state. If he had done something like ''sigh, this is really sad well anyway you can just return to earth now, goodbye'' that would be out of his character. A minimum amount of emotional response is needed here considering their shared history. The other characters who had their family members dying by getting tortured were only feeling heavily sad and choose to return as they could not fight properly in that state. That is fairly tame response imo.

Elkon likes this.
  9. chucke

Reading List:
    Link
    Minimum - yes, but the characters acted as they literally lost people for real. Like in those stories where your comrades die at war and so on. So it was really kinda strange.

10. Olis

Olis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seol had the biggest reaction. He will get used to this later on. I hope they don't kill all of his emotion like that kazuki tho. It needs to be balanced when he develops later on.

11. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder though if Seol...
    will revive Dylan in the future.

12. zenorth

zenorth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope the current translator-nim will make note about who's the one who speak in the dialogue, just like the previous translator-nim.
    I have short attention span and reading dialogue without that kind of note kinda confusing for me.

13. Midnight2630

Midnight2630 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why would Seol waste his hard worked points like this? =X

CamDaz likes this.
  14. CamDaz

CamDaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys know where the chapters are being released? I entered the page that is in NU but chrome tells me that it does not exist. :blobconfused::blobconfused:

15. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CamDaz likes this.
  16. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Because Dylan is a friend? An amazing Arch Shooter? It's not like he could do anything by himself. He'd definitely need people.

Seol Jihu really knows how to bite back~

17. CamDaz

CamDaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    cannot help you. use that page before getting it to you make sure it isn't down.

19. Ravelord

Ravelord Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.pacificnovels.com/
    Works just fine for me, try with VPN if you still can't get to it

20. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Most likely something is wrong with the DNS config of your data/internet connection.