Spoiler A Stepmother's Märchen

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 28, 2019.

1. twistingfeelings

twistingfeelings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    A Stepmother's Fairy Tale
    어떤 계모님의 메르헨
    Author:
    ORKA
    Artist:
    ORKA

Description:
    The iron widow, the spider widow, male hunter, the witch of Neuwanstein castle, the embarrassment of noble ladies....... These were all the words used to describe the Marchioness, Suri Van Neuwanstein. Despite receiving such criticism from the world, she raised her 'children', who were unrelated to her by blood and were old enough to be called her siblings. And finally, on the day of the first son Jeremy’s wedding, she felt that all her hard work had tied all the loose ends together. But she had been terribly mistaken. After hearing the message requesting her to not attend the wedding, she got caught up in an accident and died while leaving the castle. But when she opened her eyes, she woke up on the day of her husband's funeral, seven years ago. I refuse to suffer any more. I won’t live as I had in the past a second time!

The translation is chapter 2 now, and MC still not yet turn back time. I wonder anyone knows the story? Where is the real mother of those children? Why MC chosen as the wife?​

Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
    Kiliyan, Xi-hime, Ceilo27 and 22 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    SPOILERS

Table of Contents
    1. A Stepmother's Märchen Plot Summary
    2. A Stepmother's Märchen - Rachel Marriage Partner
    3. A Stepmother's Märchen - Second Life Marriage's (more details at bottom of content table)
    4. A Stepmother's Märchen - First Life Spoilers
    5. A Stepmother's Märchen - Prequel Story Spoilers
    6. A Stepmother's Märchen - Characters Background
    7. A Stepmother's Märchen - trials
    8. A Stepmother's Märchen - Nora x Shulli
    9. A Stepmother's Märchen- Shulli Death in first life
    10. A Stepmother's Märchen - Nora First Life
    11. A Stepmother's Märchen - Creep Cardinal
    12. A Stepmother's Märchen- After Shulli Death + Nora First Life Flashback
    13. A Stepmother's Märchen - Jeremy Marriage
    14. A Stepmother's Märchen - Side chars BG
    15. A Stepmother's Märchen - Shullis Married Life with Nora
    16. A Stepmother's Märchen- Nora Confession
    17. A Stepmother's Märchen - Trial in Novel
    18. A Stepmother's Märchen- First Life Jeremy Marriage +ToC of tl'd chaps
    19. A Stepmother's Märchen- Timeskip three years (End of Webtoon 1st season)
    20. A Stepmother's Märchen- The whole story's timeline
    21. Does Jeremy have feeling for Shuri? CH.114 (S2 CH.49) goes more into detail how Jeremy feels (the manhwa is more detailed about this than the novel)
      • he never truly starts thinking of her as a mother, even when he moves on. he just accepts that this is their relationship, imposed by the legal situation. he will always think of her as someone special who is part of his family & a girl who deserved to move on with her life. He does addresses her as "mother" sometimes in a teasing way, but mostly in public because outside this is their only recognized relationship. in private he calls her by her name because at the end of the day, she is not really a mother, but a girl near his age. Cr. AdamantineW (1) (2)

She's the late Empress and Theobald mother. She died in childbirth. She has a history and was childhood friends with Johannes, Albrecht (Duke; Nora father more info in #6) and of course the emperor. Each of them loved her but she was the emperor lover only and choosed him. Her death caused a lot of grieving for all three
    Johannes being sweet on Ludivika up until the moment she told him the news of her impending marriage with the emperor, he reacted violantly in a fit of anger and strangled her apparently (Albrecht has to kinda beat up the truth out of him) which is why Ludovika refused to have him at her wedding.
    Cr. AdamantineW on Twitter
    There's two reasons; one is mainly because Shuri resembles Ludovika, second is because her resemblance to Ludovika would benefit Shuri on the politcal scene eventually – and he was right on that point, because the Duke of Nuremberg and the Emperor both showed a soft spot for Shuri in the novel/manhwa.
    Cr. AdamantineW on Twitter
    Wasn't just necessarily him needing someone take care for his childern.
    No, Jeremy does not continue wedding the with Ohara/Ohera in the first timelime due to Shuri death, nor was it mention he married in the first timeline after.
    that is true, After reading a novel. The female lead had Dissociative amnesia which occurs when a person blocks out certain events, often associated with stress or trauma, leaving the person unable to remember important personal information. Which is exactly what our female lead did.
    Cr. Bri2415
    Johannes was manipulative. He never got physical with her except grabbing her wrist (happens in CH.96 in manhwa). But he was vebal and emotionally abusive.
    Cr. Plumpuppeach
    Her name is Diana, she has black hair and blue eyes, shes a relative to Nora. Sadly we don't know they fell in love nor how they met but Jeremy marries her when he's 27 (near the end of the last side story) and its not an arranged marriage. No mention of any kids
    He marries Ohara/Ohera, they have one daughter together, the daughter name is Anabelle, she's blonde with green eyes.
    Note: Novel and Manhwa Ohara are quite different.
    No Ohara did not baby trap Elias in the first or second timline. In the first timeline they barely met each other. In the second both grew feelings then begin dating.
    He has a son with an unknown/unnamed women, so he's illegitimate and his son is terrified of Nora and Jeremy. I don't remember but one of them accidentally made the poor child cry once

Volume 1
    Prologue
    Chapter 1- This Ridiculous Restart
    Chapter 2- A Winter's Dream (1)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
    Ahmya, vcr_byu, M30WWWW and 52 others like this.
  3. wildthorn

wildthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is pretty sad for her, after wasting your life and love for these 'kids' she got nothing and died:blobpensive:
    Please spoil us:notworthy:

4. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did she have all those rumors said about her?
    Why wasn't she invited to the wedding
    Did the kids she raised hated her all this time
    How was their reaction when she died in an accident
    How exactly did she die
    Why was she in the castle
    Was the son marrying a princess

5. so-chintzy

so-chintzy One of the editors for Yukkuri Translation Service

Reading List:
    Link
    All those questions except for the last 3 are answered in the prologue. (She died falling down a flight of stairs I believe. Seemingly a complete accident.) <- This one's also wrong, sorry. She was killed by bandits.

[It looks like they didn't invite her because they really did hate her. <- Okay, I was wrong on that one. Judging from JUST the prologue though, it looked that way. Apparently they stopped hating her a while before the wedding & figured it out.]

Reasons why they hated her:
    She was literally around their age when she married their dad for a huge sum of money even though they're still grieving over their own mom's death (apparently he married her because she resembled his wife & thus treated her well but made her promise to protect his kids/household).
    So they're already upset with her (& probably grossed out) & probably went to their relatives for comfort, only to get brainwashed by them. The dad then asks for her on his deathbed & not for his kids, which makes them even more upset. Then after he dies & the kids are reeling from the loss of both their blood parents, she kicks out all the (scheming) relatives or cuts off ties with them & has affairs with nobleman or noblemen (earning her the rep of a golddigging harlot) to (probably) use them as pawns & power to protect the household.

Of course the kids don't know this (because they're kids who grew up sheltered & naive while MC had her dreams broken from day 1 & lived in pretty shitty circumstances), so this just makes them hate her even more, especially since MC keeps insisting that they properly call her mother in public, which is probably kinda gross to them since she's THEIR age. :blob_coughblood: (Again - not her fault, she has to assert her authority & legal rights as their mother to protect them in public). Since she kept them from any real suffering (although all of her protection did emotionally damage them in the process, what with everyone thinking that they had an overcontrolling golddigging slut for a stepmom), they never experienced any real hardships/betrayals & thus they don't appreciate what she's done for them.

The prologue shows that they eventually figured out that she was protecting them & went to apologize to her, but it was too late (since she died).

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    M30WWWW, Xi-hime, svtspeach and 61 others like this.
  6. twistingfeelings

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know the continuation of this story?? There are 2 male on the cover, one of them is the oldest son I think, but the other not known. Do you anything about it?

7. Regalia1896

Regalia1896 Lady Sagittarius of the Moonlight Procrastinators

Reading List:
    Link
    According to the wiki (MTL from Korean- :blobsalt:my brain) he is a prince? noble? Also Eldest son's fiancee lied about him not wanting her at the wedding...

8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Can’t find the raws at my usual site T^T

lazynoodles and QuinNoteBook like this.
  9. twistingfeelings

Reading List:
    Link
    Jealously talking or is there any hidden plan for that family??? :cool:

CaleFan 24, arlovebird and Lovina like this.
  10. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did they find out about the truth

11. Sara0jan

Sara0jan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Is someone translating the novel? If so can someone type the Korean title so I may search in either tookor and funbe sites to find more raws?

angelhalo224 and Floofy_Snow like this.
  13. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @lazynoodles the korean title is in the 1st post after the title... if you managed to read the raws, can you give some spoilers? Tnx

14. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Hidden plot type of situation. If i recall correctly, she was from a noble family that was either working to destabalize/manipulate the siblings.
    The eldest (Brat 1), and the rest of his siblings had actually realized by then that Stepmother was doing her best by them and prtecting them. They were planning to surprise her by finally calling her mother and giving her respect in a grand way, which is why he dragged out his wedding prep. When Stepmother comes up dead, he is devastated like his siblings, and out of the woodworks come their relatives trying to get a slice of pie they never made. Eventually, Brat 1 realizes that his fiancee's somehow apart of this and s*** goes down. In the first life. That's all I could understand.

15. twistingfeelings

Reading List:
    Link
    And how about in second life? Will there any romance between Brat 1 and stepmother or their relationship getting better? How about the stepmom, will she has any lover and happy end?

Sorry for the questions, but I really curious

Tofufufu, Kyyiiq-q12, Mikaa and 6 others like this.
  16. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a lot, but MTL Korean/Hangul is not my forte (read: :blobsalt: my brain). The most I gathered, she still protected them but did so more tactfully and made it known to them that she was protecting them. I think Brat 1 was low-key in love with Stepmother, but I cannot tell bc my brain...

Xi-hime, Hiura, Kyyiiq-q12 and 18 others like this.
  17. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a big NOPE on both sites. Couldn’t seem to find them. Will continue to look into it.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    angelhalo224 likes this.
  18. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooohhh. JUICY. When does he find out? What chapter? How does the shit go down? Were the siblings able to protect their inheritance?

19. Wandering Cultivator

Wandering Cultivator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really looking forward to the translations, Korean just doesn't go through google as well as other languages IMHO.
    From what I gather from its Korean wiki it seems like there's some drama with the MC's family: her brother's a playboy and seemed to have gotten involved in running a gambling house? And the father was an alcoholic gambler himself, he tried to fight someone and ends up losing his balance, hits his head on an iron spike, and dies. :blobunsure: But take it with a big grain of salt, its 80% gibberish.
    I think the age gap between the oldest child and the MC is 2 years.

20. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know if there is a male lead?