LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. grandurr

grandurr [Daisy's Peony] [Negiomi's Nectar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, my head has seen and read worse so it just auto corrects it lol

2. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @FudgeNouget How do you want people to tell you corrections when the typos happen?

3. DreamHaze

DreamHaze Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a quality control channel in discord. I will message you the link.

4. IllidanStormrage

IllidanStormrage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh, alot of the time, if there are errors, it'll be UK English and US English, since I edit it in US English, if there are any "errors" such as anyways/anyway etc. its due to the editing language ^^ if you guys want me to edit in UK English, I can bring it up with fudge (it'll actually be easier for me to edit in UK English since im from NZ). Sometimes, the flow isn't that smooth, but changing the sentence layout is pretty awkward too, so alot of the time it is easier if its just left as is.

Rainingmoon and DreamHaze like this.
  5. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    UK English would be nice even if I'm less familiar with it.
    It'll probably give me a feeling of reading an actual book~

IllidanStormrage likes this.
  6. IllidanStormrage

IllidanStormrage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the feedback <3 I'll keep seeing if people in the forums want UK English and if enough people want it then I'll talk to fudge~ I'm not in the discord (not really part of many novels discord cuz I'm too busy)

Lonelycity likes this.
  7. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    In the same chapter this paragraph was proven true. XD
    Old Maldong coming out of retirement, I mean.

At this rate I'd bet Sinyoung becoming under Seol in the future (w/ the aid of Seora)

8. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People think Seol is much more selfless than he really is. For example protecting the items on the Ghost Saintess' coffin, that was also because he knew they'd die if they removed it. Or now with the Village Head and giving away his Gold bar, he saw the Golden Rule with his eyes. Or Golden Rule at the battle against Parasites where he volunteered as bait.
    Granted, he is still a good guy, but much of what he has done was because he believed he would gain even more from doing so.

Rainingmoon, kkiyomi and Lonelycity like this.
  9. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    So gula is female? I'm up for making another prediction, it'll end not only with MC seducing the parasite queen, he will seduce gula as well (if he hasn't already)

Seinha likes this.
  10. Seinha

Seinha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, cant wait to see him frick gula

11. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Still better though than the jerks out there.
    Clara with her bitchy attitude "so what if she suffered" and Mikhail's "we've done enough" then becomes "let's reap everything ourselves".

12. Draksil

Reading List:
    Link
    @Shield Loyalist
    Yeah, he's definitely one of the nicer guys currently, even if he wasn't the last couple of years during his gambling addiction.
    On another note, I really dont't understand why it's normal for Earthlings to call the Paradisians NPCs. They know it's another world, they know if they die they lose all memory of it, so it's not like they have all experienced death many times and really feels this to be a game. It just doesn't make much sense to me. All Earthlings coming to Paradise are mercenaries, or at least hired helpers, but why do they feel the need to be so disrespectful?

13. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the conversations in the story. They feel very real.(y)

Because it is essentially MMO with one life slot. Most of the people treat it as some kind of part-time job.

14. Draksil

Reading List:
    Link
    @chucke
    It's not essentially an MMO when they know these people aren't just computer-generated. I find it hard to believe that 90% of Earthlings sent to Paradise are either really stupid or all psychos.
    Even if most treat it as a part-time job, it's crazy that 90+% of them who are employed treat the "customers at the restaurant", the Paradisians, like they're all dirt. Paradisians are surprised whenever Seol shows them basic human decency

15. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because of the fact that they have no attachments to that world and because no one else knows about that world nor allowed to freely speak about it in Earth.

Basically, no one can tell anyone in Earth how much of a jerk you are in Paradise.

Also another sample: the three idiots (heroes) in Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

16. Draksil

Reading List:
    Link
    @Shield Loyalist
    That still feels like a stupid thing for them to do. Acting like a jerk because their family and friends back on Earth won't find out? What about your reputation in Paradise, or the fact that you can't advance to high-ranker, giving you much fame and potential for millions of dollars in earnings,without first getting a mission by the royal family? If Chohong had a bad reputation, I'm sure they would've sent her on a suicide mission to advance to a High-Ranker.
    Making it impossible to advance without their permission literally happened because the Earthlings didn't do their job properly: Instead, they were disrespectful and turned their weapons against the ones giving them their mission. It's like almost all the Earthlings conveniently forget that there are 7 literal Gods on this planet, and that it's only due to them that they have any special powers, and have the opportunity to earn more money than they ever could back on Earth: Of course there will be many humans who are dicks, but that not calling a Paradisian an NPC is considered surprising behaviour, is very worrying. If this happens because most of the Earthlings recruited are those who were already dicks and had large debts, then I think the recruiters are doing a bad job; I at least wouldn't want to recruit people who treat others like that, even just from a selfish standpoint of wanting to earn a lot of money: Something that can only happen when the Factions the Earthlings join actually receive missions from the Paradisians, and having presentable faction-members goes a long way in that.

The following conversation is hyperbole, but I'm happy to receive inputs and arguments for why you think the recruiters are sending desperate people to paradise and not only trained and disciplined ones. It may even be told more clearly in the beginning of the novel, and this entire following try at a "sketch" of sort, may be poor in execution and facts. And if you argue that many of those people sent over are trained people and not just outcasts with large debts (I know they do silver and bronze invitations for example), then I find it hard to believe that 90+% act with such little respect towards Paradisians, and seems to have no clue just why they are sent over in the first place: To help and receive pay in return.
    Even if people are selfish, it would seem to me that at least acting with some human decency, much like Seol's "golden commandment", would get you much further in Paradise. Doesn't have to be much, just not calling people for NPCs goes a long way.

[Recruiter 1: "Okay, 7 literal Gods have presented us with an opportunity to send people to another world to work as adventurers and mercenaries. We and the adventurers will be paid in gold and other rare materials, and even if one of them die, they will still get to live on Earth, but have their memories of all this removed: Basically, every fantasy adventurer's dream, to be able to use all the money they earned during adventuring, even if they die on a mission."

Recruiter 2: "Wow, that sounds amazing! Let's send all the outcasts and those with huge debts over there!"

Recruiter 1: "I don't think that's a good idea, we're making a deal with literal Gods here, don't you think we should send something better that humanity has to offer?"

Recruiter 2: "No man, we can more easily control those who are very desperate"

Recruiter 1: "But what about our agreement with the Gods, don't we run the risk of ruining that? Their entire point for making this deal is to receive help from Earthlings, it's not a cultural exchange program or to discipline Earth's outcasts. Also, people who have lost everything due to gambling and such, don't really seem to be the most reliable people. Can't we just treat it like a normal job? Like, offer an athlete who has trained their body their entire lives, but just barely missed the chance to become a professional, to now use their talents in Paradise? Some Martial Artists and Swordsmasters would be able to become millionaires by going there. Heck, some may even really enjoy the work, helping to save a world, without their own lives being in much real danger."

Recruiter 3: "I agree with Recruiter 2, I saw a homeless man the other day on the street, I'd rather clean up our own world first. I say send them!"

Recruiter 1: "... You guys do realize this is a billion, perhaps even trillion dollars business opportunity? Shouldn't we take this more seriously? And if we send people over there who just treat it as a game or a vacation where they can even earn some money, then we won't be able to actually instill the discipline needed in them for when the Countries in Paradise requests our help for a large-scale mission, where millions of dollars in gold are involved: We don't need small-time gangsters or people with no respect for authorities.
    I say send athletes or those training to become soldiers, many of them are already disciplined and used to using their bodies."

Recruiter 4: "I think you made a few good points Recruiter 1, but I'm still gonna go ahead with 2 and 3's plan. Short term gains with desperate people seems the best plan, instead of developing a mutually beneficial relationship."]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  17. DreamHaze

DreamHaze Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of them don't have a good relationship with paradisian because of past conflicts and some are just straight-up psychopaths. In fact aside from those 2 guys from revolutionary army everyone else we have seen so far behaving normally with paradisian. The village chief was only giving the same missions again and again which could be a reason why they treated him as such. At most, they were not willing to risk their lives during the fortress defense which seems fair.

Elkon likes this.
  18. karmuz

karmuz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The gluttony plan is to spread the damage between the earth and paradise? that is why "heroes" are chosen among addicts and debtors, that is to say incompetent people. For the earth to extract as much as possible before cutting ties with paradise

19. Bastil

Bastil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Buncha reasons. Bad ones, but reasons nonetheless.
    1) The head honcho's are super important on the well-developed Earth, only seeking to exploit. This bleeds into their organizations' policies, and interactions.
    2) The lowest rungs are duped into slave contracts, (relatively) weak and cannot vent on the people who put them in that position.
    3) The middle rungs with a bit more freedom tend to have grown into the disrespectful bad habits already.
    4) The strongest people are either invited in a position of great privilege, power and authority in their organization, or grow into such power and authority, and either way become complicit in the exploitative orgs, forcing them to keep being colossal assholes to keep their position.
    5) Peer pressure of sorts; The more people act that way, the more it's considered normal.
    6) General condescension as people from a technologically advanced place seeing a backwater dark age people.
    7) The low relative strength of Paradisers when compared to Earthlings; Paradisers aren't given a Class, if I recall.
    8) Apparently there's already been a significant conflict between Earthlings and Paradisers in some form or another, which the Earthlings won, thus enforcing the feeling of superiority.
    EDIT#2: Earthlings LOST, Sinyoung & Paradise won. Ends in the same kind of distaste though.
    9) The complete lack of personal cost to such bad behavior, as a result of basically being property of giant organizations that basically have free reign to retaliate however they fit.

The list goes on. I imagine the early Earthlings and rankers had an easier time being humane when there hadn't really been any conflict yet, and when a single company couldn't negotiate as an equal with an entire nation - Something several organizations can do in present day. But when conflict arrived, interests grew and the relative power of the Paradisers waned, the incentive to being generally decent to people not likely to be of any real help in growing your level probably waned just as much.

EDIT: Basically, the Earthlings are a combination of the three most dickish forms of military: Mercenaries, Royal Guard elites and slave troops.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  20. CookieCutter

CookieCutter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't the open conflict between Earthlings and Paradisians the rebellion which rebellious Earthlings lost? Although it only served to make Suyoung (or what-its-name) more powerful.

Also, in addition to all of your reasons, there's also the fact that they have classes, levels, stats and skills which they can purchase with points, which creates a very game-like enviroment. (I really hope it is explained why the gods decided to do things this way and why they can't freely give power-ups to Earthlings and Paradisians they like).

Elkon and Bastil like this.