Mini RPG This Otherworld Summoning Is Just Too Much! (Summoning Area)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by System, Jul 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BlueStar413

BlueStar413 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Having stuffed my face and pockets with chocolates and sweets, I slowly started to notice people converging in the Library. It takes a moment for my curiosity of the crowd to win over my fear of the skeletor custodian, but I leave the the Ceremonial Hall in short order when I start hearing sounds of battle(?) going on around the corner.

Waltzing up to the first person I see, I tap them on the shoulder to get the gist of the skinny of what's been going on.

"Psst, hey do you know what the deal with all this is?"

@Ddraig

2. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    "It seems they are playing chess with real life sized pieces. The old man there has challenged the librarian." Just when I completed my sentence, the checkmate was announced and I corrected myself, "Were playing chess I guess."

3. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    *Growl*

The wolf started moving in a circle around me. Watching me as if its waiting for my next move.

With the longsword on my back and the gladius in my hand, I lower my stance to prepare for when its charges.

*Launch*

Which is now...

Bring the sword up I blocked its maw from biting my shoulder, but its weight pushed me back almost knocking me down. It swiped its claws, hitting my chest. The pain was immediate and my eyes flashed white before...

"Huh?"

The pain resided immediately and the claw marks seemed to be completely gone in a matter of seconds.

"This power might be a little stronger than I originally thought," I said with a laugh as I charged towards the wolf.

___

"Jesus," I said breathing deeply, "I don't think I'll be able to get used to this any time soon," thinking about the intense brief glimpses of pain from all the enemies that hit me while we fought.

"Thankfully this is just a fake world," I said looking down at my floral shirt which was torn to shreds.

"Wolves, skeletons, a bear, and even..." I hunched over remembering the bandits that the simulation made, "I definitely don't think I can get used to that," the thought of killing itself disgusted me, but to kill people... its almost too much...

4. BlueStar413

BlueStar413 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Potterheads eat your heart out, those pieces are as big as f*ck..." shaking my head at the unreal game board before us, I look back at the apparent newcomer. "The name's Blue, don't wear it out."

I introduce myself casually while eating more sweets I swiped from earlier.

"So, what sort of magic mystic mojo did the Goddess give you?"

5. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    "Name's Gold," I said as I introduced myself. "I can grow my own armour," as I displayed my scaled hand. It was not the truth but also not really a lie either. "What did you get Blue?"

6. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    ((P*kemon trainers meetup))

Ddraig and Haxagen like this.
  7. BlueStar413

BlueStar413 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well, what I was supposed to get, was an unparalleled and genius aptitude for all magics of the Defensively Arcane. Glittering phantasmal shields, glowing prismatic bulwarks, energy resistances!" waving my hands with a bit of fanfare, I finally share with someone what my wild mind was imagining when I woke up after death.

"Instead, I got saddled with a lower than average mana output, and a whooooole lotta nothing." sadly munches sweets "I don't even know how to use my magic to be honest."

Staring at my hand, I will as hard as I can to make the slightest spark to come out.

"Nada. Any pointers, Goldie?" yes, nicknames immediately, commiseration is the fastest form of friendship.

Ddraig and A5G_Reaper like this.
  8. Lenaia

Lenaia Queen of Smiles

Reading List:
    Link
    "Practice, like some others did."

The librarian could slither with surprising stelathiness considering that she's a six meters tall undead monarch followed by a hundred spinning blades.

Ddraig and BlueStar413 like this.
  9. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    The match was intense, but soon enough the results were clear.
    While the undead monarchy sent out her units in neat, overlapping lanes that quickly formed a wall across the battleground, the man was not as quick in setting his own quarter.
    A mistake here and there, and truly, for want of a horse, a kingdom was lost.
    The match soon ended as two pawns promoted into queen-sized chests with terrifying roars.
    The man felt himself slump, both out of exhaustion and relief as King Chester was slain by the oncoming rampage.
    Brief moments later, he saluted to the librarian with a deep bow.
    "Good game. Thank you for your time."
    @Lenaia

10. Lenaia

Lenaia Queen of Smiles

Reading List:
    Link
    "Tis' a fine match. You were gonna borrow the board?"

In the background, the slain chests stopped playing dead and rearranged themselves.

11. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Excited from the chess match, I moved forward and asked the giant undead maiden: "Do you mind have a match with me too?". My eyes were shining. "I'm not an expert but I'm fairly decent player."

12. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    "Yes, I was," I answered, before awkwardly scratching my head.
    Well, I had gotten quite the fill from that one match alone.
    "Although, I might want to just sit back and just enjoy the matches for a while."
    There was another guy that was quite interested in going against the lich queen, anyway.

13. Lenaia

Lenaia Queen of Smiles

Reading List:
    Link
    "Go right ahead, take the stand."

14. BlueStar413

BlueStar413 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Very funny G-Man, I can't exactly spit wads and throw fire balls at straw dummies. If anything, for Shield Magic I'd need someone else to throw....fire balls at... me."

Several moments too late, I realized my response to Gold was in error as-- Gold wasn't the one who actually said that. ((Blue suddenly hears boss music))

A few heartbeats after that, the sheer terror of what had managed to sneak up behind me entered my being.

And only following a single zap of the neurons in my brain did my body utterly collapse.

K.O.'d by Queen Bones. Incap'd by the Skellington. Ladies, gents, and those of unspecified gender: Blue is currently unconscious.

((irl unconscious too, gotta sleep. deuces.))

Lenaia likes this.
  15. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    At first she was chugging down a glass of water whilst leaning against the crystal, laughing around with Ranko. Then all of a sudden, the scene around her changed.

A small courtyard in the springtime, sakura trees blooming overhead. As she reached out to grasp a falling petal, still confused, it fell straight through her hand as if it was never there.

"...What..."

Seeing nobody around, Senya had no choice but to approach the back door, and knocked on it gently.

"Coming."

An unfamiliar voice reached her ears, gradually getting closer to the door. Whoever it was, they walked slowly, not in the slightest bit of a rush. The door was already starting to open-----

Then Senya found herself back in the hall, still holding on a leg of lamb and very much confused.

16. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link

BlueStar413 likes this.
  17. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yawning as I closed the book, I felt something rather bothersome. Something was grumbling, groaning, I could hear it coming from the depths of my body. It was the dreaded stomach! Bottomless! An ab- okay, I should stop. I even annoyed myself on that.
    Jokes aside, reading time finished, eating time to begin! ...let's see. I remember smelling tasty, it was outside the library. Let's see-- no, actually, not see but head outside.

Rather quickly, I have come to see a table overloaded with all kind of food. I did not try to understand much more than that, I suppose that it was one of the goddess' accomodations... or something along those lines. What can we find? Hopefully, there would be something like pizza... might be the last one I taste! Since, well, we never know what they have as food in this world... prolly something medieval.
    Definitively, I need to eat.

"Let's see..."
    I might spend some dozens of minutes on it. I will probably pick a bit of everything as my health will unavoidably decline by lack of proper nourishments. But, oh well!
    "...ah, I need chocolate too!"

Exitiumm and Haitaka like this.
  18. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Lets try a bit of transmutation now," I said after spending the last fifteen hours fighting enemies, my mind chaotic from all of the deaths, "Real or virtual... deaths are difficult," I said sighing, drained from the amount of death which had been inflicted during this time.

'Those bandits bandits managed to cut off my fingers and the bear my whole arm,' I thought remembering the sensation of losing body parts, shaking slightly, 'I have to get used to this,' with that thought the system switched over back to the default setting before creating a room full of material components.

'So this is mana,' I thought to myself feeling a strange force flowing through my body, 'I should try and gain as much knowledge over the flow of it as I can while I'm in here,' thinking that I grabbed a pair of gloves that were sitting on the table and put them on my hands, a transmutation circle on each glove.

"Lets see," I said as I gather some steel, titanium, and chromium, sitting them all in a large circle in the middle of the room.

Closing my eyes while placing my hands on the circle, I began to feel the flow of mana leave my body, it left through my hands, flowing ever so delicately through the circle. It began to light up a pale blue as the mana began to enter into the metal gathered in the center of the circle. The various metals began to lose their form as the bonds which held them together were destroyed before becoming simple dust spinning around in the circles boundary.

The mana then began to move in a more commanding way as the dust particles began to move uniformly together, attaching themselves together in a crystalline structure, before...

"Phew...," I sighed in relief before standing up and walking into the center of the circle, where a single object set.

"Not too bad I suppose," I said as I lifted a shiny longsword with a balanced weight to it, "Of course this was only possible with the system assisting in here, but..." a slight smile found its way to my face, "Its a start"

Ddraig likes this.
  19. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    https://lichess.org/mtP4xqS4

We started our match. I started as a black. I don't really know if I prefer white and black but if she knew how to play, she is probably going to have initiative for the whole game. I need to find a way to break it.

We made our first moves. We made different moves but somehow we ended up with a mirror position. No, I was trying to play safe so I was aiming for the mirror. I don't know what it's good opening in chess so I play how I feel like it.

"What...!"

She sacrificed her bishop to kill my knight. That was an unexpected move. It helped me move my queen forward.

Free space started to be less on the left side of the chessboard. I decide to charge my last knight from the right side. I don't know if it was a good move, it probably wasn't. I just ended up sacrifice it from her knight. Surprising she decided to kill it with the queen instead with the other knight. Did she want to queen trade...?

It seems a very bad move for me to queen trade. My position... isn't so good. My bishops are quite trapped in their position. While I was contemplating what was the best move for me, I had a weird feeling. I stared at the undead monarch. I had the weird feeling that she was smirking. Can that face actually smirk? She... was taunting me. I smile in return. Fuck. I accepted the trade. I never refuse this kind of challenge. What the point of playing a game if you are not enjoying it and this kind of challenge makes everything more exciting~

After the queen trade, my position was... bad as I expected. I tried to push my pawn to open space for my bishops. I need pawns to die. We trade own pawns. She pushed his pawn as bait. She probably wanted to move his knight forward. I didn't take the bait and instead, I consolidated my position and I prepared for a castling. The pawn that was the bait move again and restricted my bishops movement even more. It was a lose-lose situation for me...

I castled for a safe position for my king and puts my tower online and she castled as well. I moved one my pawn forward to open space for my bishop but she dodged it and close the space even more. I kept trying pushing more pawns but she managed every time to make more position more awkward.

She finally decided to push his tower forward. I moved one of my pawns so she couldn't eat it for free. She moved the tower so she can aim for both pawn and my bishop but ... An opening. I decided to use my undefended pawn as a waste of a move for his tower and move one of my towers to prepare for an attack. I was slightly too behind to defend so my better defense was an attack. We kept exchanging a mix of offense and defense moves at a very fast pace. I was finally confident to have found a chance to win... until I missed positioning my tower and screw my chance of winning...

I was panting but I was also smiling. "That... was a nice match. That was an unexpected exciting moment. I like to thank you for that. " I bowed to the giant lady and kissed her hand made of bones without getting cut by the blade.

A5G_Reaper, Derrax and Ddraig like this.
  20. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    (([​IMG]
    This was the chat. That "I challenge you" was Reacchi when I was thinking about the queen trade. That "fuck" was when I misplayed the tower at the end.))

A5G_Reaper likes this.