Question What’s your favorite Cultivation Novel and why??

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by UnknownSaint171, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    First reaction is World of Cultivation, because it's rather unique

2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really liked World of Cultivation, Cultivation Chat Group and Ze Tian Ji. I do enjoy the more "guilty pleasure" novels like Emperor's Domination, Against the Gods or Martial God Asura, but the repetitive and sometimes idiotic nature of them makes them less than favorites. WoC felt a bit rushed towards the end, so it has its own flaws, too.

But, really, I think I like Library of Heaven's Path more than anything else. I know, I know. It's definitely repetitive as all hell. But it's basically a nonstop cultivation comedy that knows exactly what it wants to be, and I really appreciate that. It's a good break from novels that take themselves seriously despite being dumb.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  3. TianKrea

TianKrea 『Novice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity. It starts slow but it gets really good.

4. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm My Master Disconnected Again - why? 'cause it's just kept on breaking the cliche plots of cultivation novels~

5. Sky liger

Sky liger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my first novel that let me experience the world of cultivation
    Coiling Dragon
    the continuation of greatness
    Stellar Transformation

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  6. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. I also recommend these novels.

7. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Its literal translation is "Incense Deification Path". I don't think anyone has translated the novel yet.

8. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation Chat Group for the world,characters,humor, an mix of old an new.

9. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Blame my translation as too literal since I lack context. I though incense is 闻香 so the 香火成 would be Fragrant Fire City. And 道 is used both as "road/street" and "cultivation path", so no idea which it meant. I went with "street" since the previous words described a "city".

10. ZeeNatsu

ZeeNatsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon king's son in law.
    I guess it pretty much everything I look for in a novel.

11. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mention all cultivation novels or just immortal cultivation novels?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  12. krish1148

krish1148 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation Chat Group: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/cultivation-chat-group/
    Excellent writing by author.It is a parody of all general tropes of Chinese novels.You will even love the antagonist(the antagonist is fat).there are "Amazingly" Side characters(read mtl to know why i quoted).At the start it feels like there is no depth to the novel,but after 800-900 chapter you will know the depth of the novel.it has some flaws(ie) mc power up fast :) :). There are some inconsistency,but those are some minor things.the author did good foreshadowing on earlier chapters.it is still good even at 2.8K chapters.i read mtl on lnmtl but it is excellent one on lmtl.

A Record of a Mortal’s Journey to Immortality: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-record-of-a-mortals-journey-to-immortality/
    the novel is same as the title a journey of mc.it is has plot holes but overall it is good novel.the mc is not cultivation genius,he also fails.Not every power up that came to him did good for him instead it was bad for him.Overall it is good read and it is two part second part is ongoing.you will feel like there are certain part that left out,most of them will be explained on second part.

Legend of the Cultivation God: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/legend-of-the-cultivation-god/
    It is a good slice of life xianxia story.i really liked the way story moved.but i will say you will grow with mc as the novel progress because the novel is slow but entertaining.the story is not fast paced,but you will like the way it moves.the novel has lore which is well developed inside the novel.Most of them is not random.If you like slice of life novels it is good.i really liked it.It is also two parts,second part ongoing.there will be some similarity with Record of mortal journey to immortal.But the mc in this novel is well developed as you grow from his young age to powerful one.the mc doesn't wish for power randomly.his background and reason for his desire to improve is well developed because his background is well developed at the start of the novel.The good point of the novel is that it focus on the event other than the mc,so if you know a event is occuring you will know it why it is happening.But the translation at 150-160 chapter.it was only the start of the novel.it has long way to go.the novel is about 5.3k chapters.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  13. Izanagii

Izanagii New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xian Ni is my favourite, especially the Mortal Arc which got me really into the novel.

14. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    isnt both the same thing?

15. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This may be unofficial, but all setting that "absorb energy to make yourself evolve" counted as cultivation novels, and most, but not all of them is immortal cultivation novels.
    Cultivation novels that are not immortal cultivation novels: Divine Throne of Primordial Blood, Douluo Dalu, Battle Through the Heavens, ...

16. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anything similar to 香火成神道?

also weird cus 香火成神道 is gone on qidian. probably banned

17. Wakashii

Wakashii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I read the topic, I immediately thought I'd see the same ones I imagined, but it was quite different from what I thought, really: It's a very personal question indeed. Anyway, aside from Er Gen, I am obliged to comment on Mao Ni, I find him absolutely exceptional, the plots and the unfolding of the stories far exceed Er Gen for me. However, he is loving or hating, because you need to be ready to read dozens of chapters without fights, dozens of paragraphs about scenarios, but I still think he misses a lot about the fights, because the MCs always take years to fight and often fights too quickly and disappear again, it annoys me a lot, however, the unfolding of the story calms me.

Well, although I'm currently in love with Tales of Herding Gods, I'm going with Nightfall. To me it's just perfect, you start without understanding Ning Que and Sangsang, but as time goes on you see that there is no greater love than that and when the whole world turns against Sangsang, Ning Que revolts against the world , and when the heavens rebel against them, then Ning Que's master rebels against the heavens.

Furthermore, Ning Que literally f*cks heavens until she can't get up. lmao

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  18. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well

Wakashii likes this.
  19. pastlover

pastlover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Shall seal the heavens, Reverend insanity, world of cultivation and emperor's domination

20. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    How is it personal though? lol