Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. strikegunner

strikegunner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we don't know. :3
    I think we got some water conduit from nearby river

2. Heckaton

Heckaton Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The three seashells! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3. Jeanette

Jeanette Lemo's wife, Anra's heroine, Aliceshiki's Kouhai

Reading List:
    Link
    Eek so primitive
    :blob_coughblood:

Haxagen likes this.
  4. Jeanette

Jeanette Lemo's wife, Anra's heroine, Aliceshiki's Kouhai

Reading List:
    Link
    *Blinds with a smile*

Kysil likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, consider it basically standard medi-fantasy stuff you'd see in tolkien novels and what not, that was our base reference from what the degree of technological development of cities and stuff~

Jeanette likes this.
  6. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    *gets Blind*

Jeanette likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

Kysil likes this.
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oof, I'm late, I'm late!

It's like... 1am right now, but I'm not sleepy at all (probably because I slept the whole day... >.>), so I'll try to appraise the quest report that tagged me and release the next quest batch.

Deadline for this batch will be delayed to Friday Night, alright?

*rolls out*

leegood, Heckaton and Haxagen like this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *coughs* So I did a bunch of things and none involved AG... I wish I could say they were good uses of my time, but they were not... >.>

So uhn... It's now 7am and now I'm sleepy, so... Hooray for messed up sleep schedule I guess... >.>

I'll work on the batch after I wake up, it's definitely coming today! >.<

leegood and Haxagen like this.
  10. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    Im new here and was curious (didn't want to sift through past msg) what happens with character death? Is it possible to die even if if one doesn't want to?
    Can missions fail other than from overextending time? Or would that in itself represent your character being defeated or unable to complete the quest?
    Also wanted to know which receptionists should i tag when accepting a quest? I only know one receptionist, Arie, and wouldn't want to constantly bother the same receptionist for every quest.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  11. strikegunner

strikegunner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am pretty sure you cant kill some character or control their character directly eg. "I stab Aria and she dies."
    whether or not the character will die is depends on the user that owns the character

Missions can be failed if you want to write it(?). Like in hunting quest, you can say that "I let the target escaped."

There is a list of receptionists on the first post of 'quest board' thread

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *laughs* No worries, almost nobody does... Rather, I think I'm the only person in the game that read every single message posted in it~
    Up to you, really. If you want to kill your character it's fine, if not... Well, that's fine too~

I'd prefer if you avoided reviving characters though, but if it does happen, make sure it's something really really hard, complicated and can't be easily redone.
    You absolutely can't die unless you want to, we're pretty lax and let people do what they want, but nobody is allowed to mess with your character without your permission.
    They can if you mess up when clearing the quest or if you purposefully make them fail.

For example, if an alchemist wants a specific rare plant in order to replant it in their garden, and you bring back a dead plant... Then well, you failed, they won't be able to replant a dead plant.

Or if you get a quest to hunt a boar and decide to write your character being defeated by a giant boar and barely escaping with your life... Then you fail too.

Sometimes people get lower rewards them normal too I guess, when they do what the requester asked, but either messed up in some way or did an incomplete job... Like, if someone for lots of mandrake roots, and you bring back 3 mandrake roots... I reserve the right to not call that "lots" and give you a smaller than normal reward... Though I usually wouldn't make a quest with such vague request.
    Or if a farmer asked you to help him defend his farm against Goblins, and you do end up killing the goblins, but not before they destroy a good part of the plantation... Then you'd probably get a lower reward because you did get rid of the goblins, but didn't quite protect the place properly.

In any case, overextending time usually just means that the requester doesn't want to wait until someone clears the quest anymore, so they'll either give up on the idea or ask some other organization to solve it for them.
    Well, it's not really a bother tbh, since I read everything regardless. But the most active ones aside from me are @Naraku and @Quaesitor.

And it's Aria, btw~

13. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you called me Draken so we are even i guess

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    His name is too complicated! Aria is simplifying it! xD

15. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    At that point say Draki-kun or something, Draken has a completely different taste to Drakensji

16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I honestly wouldn't have guessed! >.<

But sure, I can do that~

Ah, and in case anyone is wondering, the quest batch is still not done... I'll try finishing it this weekend, but honestly, at this point we're so close to Tuesday that I might as well just release it next Tuesday. Hopefully this is the last time this happens... :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, just in case it wasn't clear, I use the double parenthesis to mean I'm switching from IC to OOC, figured I'd clarify that~

And yeah, that explanation for the chest is good enough~
    Yeah... I guess it's harder to get access to info when the wiki is so slow... It's been like that for months now, I was hoping it would get better, but it seems to be stuck like this...

I'll try contacting the owner of Referata to see if something can be done about it... Otherwise I'll probably change wiki softwares... Though I'd prefer to avoid needing to learn how to handle a new wiki... >.>

Ah, and well, we didn't really set a name for the tongue of elementals, but primordial is as good as any other, so that's fine~
    We didn't really set anything about spirits either, though fairies are pretty different from elementals over here.

18. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    It may be because my friends (Italians) pronounce it with a rolling r and a long n, but compared to a more anglo pronounciation, that Draken evokes in me, it sounds quite a bit different to me.

(Also is it just me that has random words repeating and letters disappearing and other weird shit while i write on nuf or is it just me?)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I usually read names as if they were written in Portuguese, so it feels close to me... >.>

Mmmmmm, not really having any issue of words disappearing or repeating on my end... Maybe try a different browser and/or device and see if the issue persists?

20. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    I would really like to change device but this is the only phone i have, and obv no problems on the computer