Question Rebirth of the Thief Who Roamed The World

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Effugium, Aug 2, 2019.

?

Should i read it?

Poll closed Aug 4, 2019.
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    *nods nods* agrees with blitz!! +.+

2. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the synopsis... So the game is also callled conviction?

3. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    of rebirth? yup yup..

4. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't really read 2 novels at once tho so i will read it after the thief

5. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Naruin and Effugium like this.
  6. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read til chapter 75 and then spmething happened that made me doubt whether i should still read it or not...
    So he was being chased by a sub-elite monster, then he heard the sound of battle somewhere so he headed that way so that the monster would attack those people instead of him. So, once he arrived the party which consists of elite players tried to kill him since they might get wiped if he decided to kill them while they were fighting the sub-elite monster. They failed and he decided to hide close by. Then he tried to kill their priest at the crucial moment because the monster is almost dead but got found out. So he escaped again. But what made me hesitate to continue reading is the reasoning he had for attacking that team. He talked about not intending to kill them at first while clearly he lured the monster to their team intending to let the monster kill them instead of him. Then he talked about taking revenge by killstealing the sub-elite monster.

...what did he mean taking revenge?! Clearly he is in the wrong here for luring a powerful monster to that team?! This is clearly being used just to make enemies? And he talked about making a good foundation? By creating grudges with an elite team?? @fanwithlight @Naruin should i continue reading it?

7. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't see the part about "taking revenge", I think he was just greedy.
    He created grudges with a big guild before, so he just doesn't care. But, yeah, the author describes him so hypocrite.
    Sorry, I'm not sure myself should you continue to read it.

8. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is revenge, there was a line like they tried to kill me, it would be weird if i don't take my revenge... Or sth along those line.

Does the way he makes enemies stupid or not?

9. guigs

guigs Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read that a litlle diference.
    He don't want kill them, he want to use they to kill the monster.
    And he don't kill them, he only killsteal the monster.

10. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    He wouldn't know that those people will be able to kill the monster tho since if i remember correctly only group of level 10 players would dare to challenge that monster. Him luring the monster to them knowing that means he wanted to use them as a sacrifice for his escape. And while they were fighting he realized that the team might be able to kill it so he lied in wait. And then he attacked the priest once they were distracted. If that's not wanting to kill them, I don't know what is

11. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd still read it tho maybe

12. guigs

guigs Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He knew they are strong.
    He has being selfish, but not the bitch of you are thinking.

13. Angely

Angely Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A bit late, but well. I personally liked Reincarnation Of The Strongest Swordgod more, but that's probably, because I finished ROTTWRTW first & was disappointed with how it went, it starts good & ends rushed. The author also forgets some stuff in this novel too, like free teleport, but it was still pretty fun to read, untill near the end.

To me ROTSS is more fun to read as he indeed gets what he couldn't get & the gameworld seems interesting, eventhough author sometimes forgets some stuff. He also gets surprised as result & still a lot he doesn't know, due butterfly effect etc. I'm curious how things will play out in rl & in the game for him. It still has potential...

@fanwithlight The top of guild knows he's both, but not everyone knows that, as 1 got famous being a blacksmith & guildleader, while the other is being seen as a highlvl excutive for the guild. It's explained you can create seperate aliases on the same account, so even if he's on the friendslist they wouldn't know or find out easily as some quest & maps, make you unable to communicate with others in the game so the won't see you online eventhough you're on.

Unless they request for both of them to show up at the same time, but why would someone of such a high status & blacksmith (some crafters are being seen as eccentric) show up with noobs etc. In other guilds what he does like hanging around, helping noobs & is not done. I like how the author explains & made this MC all this & that this MC is more focused on the game, then getting famous & rich irl.I also like how MC interacts with the NPC etc.

back on tge topic:
    I also read The World Online, but it's totally different compared to the two as it's mainly about MC roleplaying as a Lord & about kingdombuilding. I wouldn't recommend it if you can't stand massive info about NPC's, chinese history & patriotism. It was hard to digest & I struggled reading it as it was & felt quite a bit Xenophobic, eventhough it had fun & interesting parts. The MC is like ROTTWRTW also with regrets related to his family, so he tries to change that.

Then there's MMORPG: The last Guardian which I dropped due annoying characters, stupid jokes & being spoiled regarding who MC ends up with, but the MC's annoying entourage was the main reason. All others mentioned had better people around them.

@Effugium Did you drop the story or still reading?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  14. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    I am still reading it, but there is still no mention of his parents which is kinda disappointing... I wanna see some interaction with his family. Other than that, the fact that most of the peak expert in his guild are females is weird, i am a little afraid that it might develop into a harem

15. Angely

Angely Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, ic I remember wondering about the same when I read it.
    His parents will show up in chapter 166 & don't worry about harem as it won't happen.

16. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    The "one-plays-two-roles" setup has a lot of plot-hole, but it still didn't irritate me as much as this problem: the author described many rewards that would give MC advantages, yet none of these advantages is visible, as many of other guild has these advantages as well (for example, MC got a book that can give 200 players Dark Power transformation or something like that, used it to defeat enemies, then a dozen of chapters later appeared new enemies with transformation). MC did many "ultra-hard-impossible-quests", got some "super-awesome-(on-paper)-rewards", yet many ones still think he and his guild are small fries. It's like you become President of Russia, but President of USA think low of you and Presidents of other countries wonder who you are.
    And some of the virtual resources (which is very useful for real-life) is limited. For me, it sounds very stupid.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  17. Angely

Angely Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @fanwithlight Yeah, I totally agree with you! Those plotforced nerfs so now then are really frustrating & annoying 1x ok, but several times is tiring. Especially when author also uses those bigwigs pockets, history with other games etc. as excuse for them to underestimate MC, while he's been reïncarnated & should've had some measures taken. I also dislike that MC doesn't increase his influence in rl more so that won't harm him later, instead of waiting for stuff to happen & go awry. He still relies on others too much, so others sometimes still advantage of him, despite him being 1 of strongest player characters in the game...

18. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're still looking for game novel, give this a try: Game of Gods