Spoiler [BL] I Wasn’t Born Lucky

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Karry, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 我不是天生欧皇

NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-wasnt-born-lucky/
    Raw Link: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2831818

Description:
    “I wasn’t born a lucky person, I’m just too strong.”

On his way home late in the evening, Xiao Li found a letter asking for help and inexplicably came to an unknown place. He had to finish the task given before he could succeed in returning to reality. In the legendary haunted school, Xiao Li looked at his companions’ task of ‘survive until dawn’ and then looked at the tasks displayed in his book:

Tell me your name.

Tell me what you like.

Kiss me.

Xiao Li: ????

He was very confused and then refused.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Let me tell you guys that I, personally, had a blast reading the first 2 chapters that had been translated.
    I honestly remember chapter 2 more than chapter 1. And as you all probably know by now, my memory is not that reliable (I read it like 10 or so hours ago).

BUT! I can say that interactions between MC and (Whom I presume to be) ML is a JOY. Since its only 2 chapters and those chapters aren't enough to build much to the story or plot I can't comment on it just yet. But it does seem like it's off to a nice start.

It's sort of like "A Crowd of Evil Spirit Lines up to Confess to Me" and "To Be a Heartthrob in a Horror Movie" in it's lighthearted usage of horror. At least, that's the impression I got from how MC and ML conversed.

The first chapter, of course, builds on what type of person MC is and how his life is. MC is a child born from a rich dad and a model mom. MC's parents were married but later divorced, MC's mom taking custody of MC. I also have to mention that mom is MC's dad's second wife before divorce (they divorced so that dad can marry someone else who has more power(?)). Mom died so dad took MC in. Dad is married (again) so MC gets a step-mom and brother who doesn't like him. Mostly because MC got the combined looks of beautiful model mom and handsome rich dad while her son got her looks and none from dad (stepmom is average looking) and everyone favors MC as the next family heir.

MC himself is a pretty...chill(?) person. He just doesn't really care from what I can see. He has no interest in his family. He even calls his dad 'cheap'.

I don't know if this is important or not for future story progression but his seatmate is the called the 'Most handsome student in school' named Shen Chenzhi. Though he doesn't think he's as handsome as MC. Honestly, with the way it was written, I thought he was/is the ML. Though we can't know for sure.
    End of school, MC is leaving the school but finds a letter on the floor. He picks it up and reads it. On it reads that someone is calling for help. All of a sudden, MC feels some sort of force pulling him in.

After that, he gets a book. In the book, there's a story description about an all-girls high school and the ghost that lie within it. After a while, he's in front of the school gate along with four other people. An uncle, a young man, a teenager (fellow student who skipped school to play games) and a 20 y/o girl.

They take a bit about how they were all dragged to where they are when the girl opens her book (all four of them + MC have their own book) only to see that there's a list of missions. Which is to Survival until dawn which is at 4 o’clock and find the truth about the ghosts and that they would be sent back to the real world when the task has been completed.

MC opens his book and sees that there are additional missions for him:
    As for Xiao Li, his head was bowed as he looked at his little yellow book. It originally had the same tasks as the rest. “Same.”

He spoke and was about to close the book when the original lines were erased and new lines appeared.

【 Hidden tasks:

1. Tell me your name.

2. Tell me what you like.

3. Kiss me.

All the above tasks must be completed. 】

【 Note: The hidden tasks don’t conflict with the original tasks. You can choose either of them to complete. 】

Xiao Li, “………”

Xiao Li: ????

Black question mark.JPG.

In the second chapter, MC and the others introduce themselves to one another. MC sort of lies about his name, which the schoolmate realizes (I don't think MC recognizes the teen though).
    A bit of an argument happens with two people from the group so MC takes this chance to write in the book. He writes "Hidden Tasks?" but the ink shifts and changes it to "Hidden Task".
    MC writes down why triggered the task(s) and the book answers that it's because MC is cute:blobjoy:. MC just '.......' before thinking 'No I'm not!':blobjoy:
    He continued to write: 【 Who are you? 】

The yellow book: 【 I can’t say. 】

Xiao Li made a strange expression and vaguely felt that something was wrong. Still, now wasn’t the time to think and he directly asked about the task. 【 If you don’t tell me who are you, how can I kiss you? 】

When writing the last two words, Xiao Li vaguely felt like he was selling his body and his heart was a bit complicated. Then thinking about it, if he could get an exemption from this instance by kissing the small book, it wasn’t so unacceptable…

Xiao Li was very unconventional.

【 This is the difficulty of a hidden task, Baby. 】 The little yellow book’s words were brisk and the other side was clearly in a very good mood. 【 At present, you don’t have to care too much about the hidden task. The novice instance isn’t difficult for you and you can seize the opportunity to complete some. 】

LOL. MC thinks that the other person is a girl because they called him 'baby'.

Towards the end of the chapter, the safety time limit ends and the gate to the school slowly opens. As this happens MC feels his heart beating faster in excitement as his consciousness becomes clearer.

Hoping for a bit of spoilers please! Mostly want interactions between MC and ML!

azinine, Izn, creepingsoul and 12 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents

Table of Contents

• Random Details (Post #2)
    • The Main Character’s Current Ghost Harem Collection (Post #6)

Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    In arc 2, MC transform into a child by night and ML took advantage of that and carry him off and put him in his lap.
    Personally, I think that ML is the guy MC play games with in his class, what do you think?

And it seems like MC is collecting ghost after each round.

MC’s stepmother hired a guy to kill MC but got the table turn on him instead.

ML might be the #1 in the leaderboard, his name is Anonymous. People said that MC is like him, playing the game solo and bulldozing his way through.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  4. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL child MC. Nice.

I was also thinking that he's the ML based on how he was described in the first chapter but I've been duped before in other novels which is why I didn't point him out as the ML just yet.

Dragon_Reader likes this.
  5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    90% he’s ML. MC just doesn’t know it yet. And seem like they know each other before ML transfer to MC’s class

Dragon_Reader and Karry like this.
  6. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    more spoilers please

7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    MC’s current collection: a bullied ghost girl that transformed into a small doll; a small orphan ghost boy who stay in his phone and play games; a black cat. MC can also summon Bloody Mary, Pen Fairy, and ghost patients (Ripper mouth lady, a patient whose body is riddled with holes from AV drip, a girl whose head is a ponytail), a ghost ship, a phone ghost.

On the ghost ship, MC encounter a skeleton monster, before it could move, he removed the hands and legs bones of the skeleton.

MC encounter a Sadako ghost, before th ghost climb out of the well, he put a slippery stone on the well. When Sadako climbed out and grabbed the wall, it accidentally grabbed onto the stone instead and fell back into the well.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    komo komo, Tintl, sakrayue and 12 others like this.
  8. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He gathered one heck of a ghostly harem LOL.

Rangeles likes this.
  9. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Newly acquired collections: a haunted painting

New summons: the God of Lies(?) (idk, I googled the chinese name and somehow Usopp popped up), the book of horror stories(?) (in the end, MC got included in the book as one of its new chapter)
    New summons: experimental ghost subjects

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    komo komo, Nao Otosaka, Izn and 7 others like this.
  10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    In the real world, MC wanted to get on a curse bus. But the moment MC tried to get on, the bus driver shut the door and drove away really fast. Seems like news of MC has spread :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

11. Darkness7913

Darkness7913 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me where I can read the raw of chapter 134? since 134 was a repeat chapter... Thanks:aww:

I thing ML might be a powerful being or something seeing as how he can be a book (or control it) and interfere with the worlds (ie. scare the ghosts)

12. twistingfeelings

twistingfeelings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the use of this ghost collection??

13. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.oldtimes.cc/go/19435/14590410.html
    He’s the main god or something

To summon for help

Nao Otosaka likes this.
  14. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was avoiding this when I read the title telling myself "not another tear jerker BL novel, where the shou is the most miserable one, nooo enough with that" XD

kiara8 likes this.
  15. Veedah

Veedah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What of his step-brother?

mmem likes this.
  16. Darkness7913

Darkness7913 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He actually likes MC but since MC doesn't like interacting with him so he turned into MC's black powder. I feel sort of sorry for him since he actually doesn't dislike MC, but he doesn't show it when his mom's around though...

He's scared of ghosts.

17. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    This is hilarious, hilarious.
    Xiao Li, I love you. You made my day. Don’t kill me Shen Chenzhi pls
    Anyway for example:
    You know that MC has the Sherlock name right? Then because he and another guy that didn’t appear yet on translated chapters got together in the same copy/mission, he choose to say that his name was Moriarty bec the guy knew him in real life. So like after some mission/copies using that name, both of his names are famous and people on forums are like Moriarty vs Sherlock who’s better lmao. When the new global ranking (bec yeah first the copies are just regional but then become global) comes out, you just see
    7. Sherlock
    8. Moriarty
    pffft, then the author’s something to say it’s like:
    After some time, the global rankings:
    1. Sherlock
    2. Moriarty
    3. Xiao Li’s 3rd pseudonym
    Just after that he gets in a new mission with both guys that know him irl (aka the guy from his school that knows his sherlock pseudonym and then the other guy that knows his moriarty pseudonym), so a new pseudonym is needed lmao. Hercules Polo.
    There are a looot of funny things, you basically just see Xiao Li doing everything that usually nobody does bec LOL who calls Bloody Mary whenever he wants pfft
    Also~
    Becoming a cat bec... well uh, he was jealous of a cat that MC got from a copy bec MC licked or suck his fur (??? smth like that) and ML well “I want you to lick/suck me too”, proceeds to become a cat and then lick MC (ML’s thought: Me licking him works too) lolol, also ML become MC’s shadow too, I mean literally. Then after 100+ chapter Shen Chenzhi aka ML is finally in the copies w MC. And ahhh it’s so cute.
    ML’s thought is something like: Being shameless affectionate in the dreams or in other bodies is okay. But I can’t act like this now, what if he dislikes me? I wouldn’t be able to stand him disliking me. I need to control myself, I can’t be too forward.
    And they slept in the same room and bed! nothing happens though, just ML kissing MC’s forehead because even after saying that he shouldn’t do anything, he just went and did it LOL, it’s nothing shameless tho
    Also he is like “Are you hungry? Let’s go the dinning room.” cutiepie :blobReach:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  18. hy-d-ra

hy-d-ra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_grin: oh em gee Xiao Li is the best

Are there any more stories about some cute Xiao Li and his ghosts interactions? :aww:

Katerina likes this.
  19. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhh, sorry I have fish memory LOL even though I only read it some days ago I remember almost nothing of it :notlikeblob: someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    1. One of the times that Xiao Li wanted to summon Bloody Mary (the 3rd time?), the candles used were candle emoticons from an application LOL also he was inside of a coffin. (this is already towards the end of the copy)
    The mission he was in (aka the above one), was the first global copy. So in that copy you couldn't talk, neither make sounds or either you would die. When they were searching around for clues, Xiao Li found a coffin with a old guy inside. That guy had a mirror that could prophesy the future. In the "future", following a certain order everyone would died and when it was Xiao Li's time... lol it broke, joke basically as you know Xiao Li has a bunch of ghosts, they were all summoned (including the God of Fraud ??) and hell broke LOL the mirror stopped broadcasting it midway bec of fear.
    And yes he used that mirror to summon Bloody Mary, poor mirror. *lighting candles*

2. People that are desperate can summon other people to help in their copy (with a props). So Xiao Li and other guy Ye smth went to help. Basically a phone number 444444 (how many 4's even? I forgot lol) would call you and at the 3rd call (it should be one call per day but uh, Xiao Li got three calls in the morning of the 2nd day?) it starts a countdown to your *death* and like in the 3rd call he says something like this "In the 7th day accompany me to hell" (??? someone correct me bec I don't remember the exact sentence), and then Xiao Li just replied him with "How to do that?", the ghost just hung up LOL, but when he hung up Xiao Li tried to call him back instead.
    Anyway it's hilarious but I don't remember exactly what they said and some details are fuzzy :blob_coughblood:

I can probably answer better if there is direct questions, instead of just myself trying to remember something from nothing LOL There are so many copies :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:
    Also the reactions of the people and the ghosts of MC's actions are the best :blobrofl:

20. hy-d-ra

hy-d-ra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: I cry, thank you so much for taking time and sharing this! My most beloved part of Xiao Li is how the story tries to sound spooky and even ppl around him make it sound like they're screwed, but then this precious baby goes with most easy-going attitude - yeah, let's do this.
    I read the English translation and I basically rolled off when reading how everyone around told him how vicious Bloody Mary is, yet XL asks her where to get food and then asking - you want me to paint you today? I died.

Saikyi likes this.