Discussion Is killing really that hard?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by 911, Sep 4, 2019.

1. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's always killing in the majority of novel that exists. And its was always happening in the real life as we exist.
    Either the way of the killing happens with or without reasons. There's always a reason to just it out. *cough cough* politics *cough cough* interest.

But, here is the way of killing in novel is described... Most of it, the aftermath of killing hit like a truck, and after you get used to it... Well, most case are like this in real life. But not the majority of it.

And what i know, the real effect that if you kill someone and claims he/she life. The guilt will follow you and haunting you. Creating the creeping sensation that always comes when you think about it, for the rest of your life.

Except for the psyco, they just sick in the head.

Well, about the reasons to kill... You don't really need to know that, not everyone had the same level of "just" to kill. Most of story of killing, is just because of little thing.. But a sensitive topic, and let the fuse to lit and make people claim lives.

Well, what do you think about that topic.
    How much "just" is a reasonable to kill? What do you think?

kkgoh, Ahodesuga, Jeanette and 3 others like this.
  2. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Killing someone who is a threat towards other people's lives is justified imo.

3. Nobody

Nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The action of killing is not hard, just as you said, the though of killing someone is the one that's hard. Fighting your own conscience.

When you kill continuously, you'll eventually get use to it.

4. Pray Alpha

Pray Alpha [Lonci & Salty's kouhai]- Leader of Abyss's Harem

Reading List:
    Link
    In most cases "just" is in a situation where that is an act of self defense or to protect people from a threat.
    but not everyone have the same "just" reason, in which cases their perspective of "just" is twisted and abuse the name "just".
    in the end, there is really no justified reason for killing. if you just resort to killing to justified the means, then more or less you are not setting a good example to others.

be Batman, brutally hit them but never kill.
    Unless you are Ben Afleck's Batman, then its all about guns.

firefox1234, nuubman and Nobody like this.
  5. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
    Killing Nazis and white supremacists, is always justified.

firefox1234 and 01 like this.
  6. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    Killing helps to reduce overpopulation and save Earth from too much carbon monoxide.

I agree. It's actually pretty easy to kill someone plus it's normally only the first kill that makes you feel guilty. Once you get over your first kill, you'll feel killing is no difference from eating and sleeping.

Beltran, Nusan, nuubman and 1 other person like this.
  7. gheist1234

gheist1234 |Path Finder| 『WuxiaWworld Vet.』|Beardy| |Zen|

Reading List:
    Link
    As said above, killing is really easy, lives are really cheap and can be taken with, but it will depend on why you killed someone or something, was it because of a mistake, or to protect someone or done out of vengeance or hatred or just out of boredom like a psycho, there are many things one has to take into consideration when thinking of the motivation to kill, of course many times it leaves serious repercussions in the subconscious mind.
    Of course everyone will try to justify the act of killing but not everyone will be able to deal with it, in most novels and in rl situations killing once might lead to kill more since depending on the situation it might form a cycle of killing to justify killing but someone normal might turn loony at that point.

kkgoh likes this.
  8. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they're trying to kill others sure. Otherwise it's thought crime. Besides it's not like white people are the only supremacist. Why stop there in the okay to kill list?

AJiggaboo and Nusan like this.
  9. Woho0

Woho0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imo, it's just your image that someone that kills without being mentally effected is a psyco and sick in the head.

Sick means physical or mental affected in a negative way, so to me it's clear that the people having guilt that will follow him and haunting him are the sick ones.

Our society wants and expect people to suffer from killing others, this is the main cause for people having guilt I think. People don't have guilt in a society where they get praised for killing.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    nuubman and Effugium like this.
  10. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    Killing someone is easy
    Making them live a living hell is difficult

For me, death is freedom. For my enemy to have nothing to fear or annoyed while i was having some emotions just cause they live...who would want that....
    If i suffer, they should also suffer...preferably thousand times over

Please don't think of me as psycho as i said this, but the world already has too many humans...they also the reason of murdering the earth slowly...so...i don't really have good feeling for most humans

firefox1234, Effugium and De Lan like this.
  11. Nobody

Nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought an apocalypse or an epidemic is a much effective way to lessen population. Because if by killing, someone has to be blamed that if it is found out who, they will seize that person to stop the killing.
    Lesser killed, time consuming, will eventually stop for 100+ only people dead.
    With the former, thousands will die in a flash with, most of the cases, no one to blame. But I'm not wishing or hoping like this to happen, though.

I feel so evil, and that's bad.

12. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, that's quite simple question to answer...

If it moves, kill it until it stops moving!

It's reliable advice from my cat master!

kkgoh likes this.
  13. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Killing is in reality (relatively) easy, but the problem is from the mental/psychological aspect.
    We kill almost everyday. Be it killing annoying bugs like ants & mosqitoe, chicken, fish, etc.

Ps: lol everyone is saying killing is easy..

14. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    For everyday you are alive, at least 1 animal has to die just so you can live.

15. De Lan

De Lan Smartass from blue planet

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree with you

Now days killing is hard
    You need to think how you should hide the body and erase the evidence from police uncle
    Isnt it better to be in a peaceful era

16. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't you just encase the body in a slab of concrete?

17. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    In novels... it's very often 'I kill you or You Kill Me' types of situations.
    And there's noone except the stronger people or organizations out there that ensure peaceish situations.
    And to become one of those you need fame, which killing stronger people or organizations usually achieves and resources, which killing other people and organizations usually gives you.

18. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Like what darkseid said to batman "you a human, kills your own kind to win battles. An admirable quality". Darkseid is right.

19. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    Killing doesn't mean we need to do it physically. Like you said, a scientist can create a bio bomb to artificially make an epidemic to kill off everybody or a politician can make a speech that induce war on other nations.

Also nah, don't feel bad. Killing is part of human nature. We kill to survive. Every less human being on Earth equals to more resources for the rest so we can never run away from killing people. Killing only seems hard because we brainwash ourselves into thinking it's an evil thing so we became self conscious and mentally attack ourselves with guilt whenever we kill someone.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  20. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
    Human life is really cheap, there is over 7 billion people. If a few thousand went missing in the grand scheme nothing changes, it would take tens of millions dying for there to be a noticeable dip in the world population. So yeah life is cheap. Life is not sacred or precious or anything of the sort.