LCD Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jun 18, 2016.

1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    When someone who is basically the devil is eating pet food at your place you know you are doing well.

2. CaTastrophy427

CaTastrophy427 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Either that, or, you're about to be in some DEEP doodoo. Not deep Doudou. That'd be worse. Maybe deep in some (spanked) Gougou?

3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if anyone will recognize Sixteen from the movie, and if that will spark any rumors about her and the MC.
    I think it's more a matter of specialization. This guy has studied this particular tribulation in much greater detail than V. White ever has. It would likely take a good bit of effort for V. White to come up with better formations than his.

4. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's possible, but wasn't it said that White is in the top 3 formation experts in the world? And goes around casually improving formations of others?

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    True, and he may well improve this set too, but its not an area he's really studied in centuries, and there have almost certainly been many advances. It's not a lack of skill on V. White's part that makes this guy's formations potentially better. Its a lack of current knowledge.

6. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Ye Si can cultivate? But as a ghost spirit she doesn't seem to have meridians or whatever SS needed to unlock

7. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why wouldn't she be able to cultivate? It was explicitly stated that mid rank spirit ghosts can cultivate to rank 6 and that high rank spirit ghosts can cultivate to rank 9.

mrttao likes this.
  8. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah,

a ghost also can't summon a book that can carry people to fly man....
    Just roll with the fantasy logic man....

mrttao likes this.
  9. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cheng Lin is a ghost spirit and yet she can give birth and cultivated to the rank of an immortal
    idk... it is a possible explanation, still strange :)

10. frustratedguy109

frustratedguy109 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's more along the lines of the tribulation having been studied in depth for such a long time and everyone having about the same amount of knowledge on it. This guy has all the materials and he specializes in creating the formations that are the best at dealing with the tribulation. Unless White can come up with something truly innovative with some out of the box thinking, he would be resorting to the same type of formations.

Let's say you are the best gardener in the neighborhood but you don't grow any tomatoes. You know how to and possibly even have extensive experience in growing tomatoes, but you just don't have any at the moment. Your neighbor specializes in growing tomatoes. He might not be as good a gardener as you, but he's still good and his tomatoes are good quality and readily available.

You might feel like you could possibly grow better tomatoes, but not that much better. Let's assume that your need for tomatoes can wait long enough for you to grow your own. Are you going to grow your own tomatoes, or just get them from your neighbor?

11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meridians are only created by the 3rd realm in this story. I think you mean she does not have blood vessels for 1st level cultivation. But they probably have an alternative. Besides she was actually a human back then before being transformed into a half ghost spirit. Which happened after the breakthrough to 2nd realm, which is a realm where magic is used to start creating the illusory organs and energy needed to cultivate

Anyways, we know anything can cultivate. remember senior bank note? he is a bank note that cultivates.

justmehere and sgrey like this.
  12. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's hard to discuss it without knowing exactly what was meant in that request.
    Why do you think that White has superficial knowledge about tribulation? He is actually quite old and only been away for a tad more than a 100 years. In the way he was portrayed, I view him as an expert who knows what materials have what properties and what to use for a particular set of circumstances. I think the main reason he called the guy is that he wanted to get rid of that vain and make Shuhang acquainted with him. They would basically get materials for free because they just chanced upon that vein and it didn't require any work from them to get it.

btw I dig overly dramatic virtue light lol

13. Silverasterisk

Silverasterisk [Wallflower] [Drive by poster]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not specialization. It's trading favors. Shaung has to trade for what he needs. White follows that rule as well. Since he got an item to trade, white is just hooking him up with connections and helping out an old friend. That's the simple answer anyway. Social networking and friendly passing and exchanges of debts and favors is actually really interesting.

sgrey likes this.
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol "Heavens" is apparently even more infectious than death seeking

Senior White sold him out immediately ;)

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol. I was expecting a lion mascot costume or something, not Ironman ;)

mrttao likes this.
  16. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    His gaze can impart one year of strength lol

17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And also make you pregnant
    Very modern clothing!

justmehere likes this.
  18. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very funny, its like a human saying "even if I thought with my arse". I just find this amusing, nice touch on representing different species.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the life talisman will work if the second one is in his personal space. He really should have asked.

Also wondering if that medicinal bath still has value for him. I'm pretty sure he was in the second stage when he ordered the materials.

20. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he can get experience with farming, do its cool

Matteus likes this.