Wraufemath - Lucenia

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by SpearOfLies, Sep 9, 2019.

1. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Registration thread

[​IMG]

Name: Lucenia.

Races: Mostly humans. There are sea races in the coastal cities.

Government: Republic.

History: Lucenia was part of Empire before it was conquered by Alliance in the year 0875 M.C. In the year 1027 M.C, the country decides to invest its resources into art and beauty. Many countries laugh to that decision and the population was pretty skeptical, but they managed to pull it out. While the general materials were pretty low and the mana density was also low, the geography position was really helpful for commerce. With 4 ports and the blessing of the sea people, they had very safe trade routes. Some historians theorize that the idea of developing art and beauty was pressured by the sea people, but no evidence was found.

Population: They have one of the most unique population. Young people desire to emigrate to more exciting countries. Veteran adventurers that seek a pacific place where to live after their retirement and artistic people that want to live in the Capital of the Art and Beauty immigrate. New blood goes out and old blood goes in. While the country seems like a joke and its political stance is neutral, no one dares to attack it because of the high amount of veteran adventurers. They are retired but they aren't a joke. There are also rumors about important political figures of other countries that live there after their retirement. While nobody can prove it, it's an extra layer of protection against external attack.

Important cities:

- New Concordia: Made after the second Mana Catastrophe. The capital of Lucenia and the Capital of Art and Beauty. Filled with artists and craftsmen. Everything in this city is made in an artistic way. From food to stone. From people to domestic animals. Everything is extravagant. A light so bright but with an equally cruel dark side. If you don't fit their standards, you will be killed and thrown in the sea as food for fish. Staying away from that city was a smart decision for any beggars. Old Concordia was the old capital of Lucenia but it was destroyed during the second Mana Catastrophe. Now it just a sub-city of New Concordia and a tourist spot. The port is still working but it doesn't work anymore as a trade port.

- Brevama: Different from North Watch and South Watch, cities that previously were a fortress and a military port, Brevama still keep its military force. While Lucenia is relative safe internally because of low mana density that makes less dangerous monsters to appear, outside monsters were still something that they need to worry about. It had the only active adventurer's guild of the country. Young people tend to start from here before heading toward the outside.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  2. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    One fine if rainy day, on a road to Brevana
    "Achoo! Damn this miserable weather, of course, it has to suddenly -achoo-, without warning, rain heavily the one time I was at a -achoo- clearing without any ledge to -achoo-hide under."

Sniffing quite harshly as he hid under one of the smaller trees in the forested area, he looked around as the rain finally let up.

"Finally, at least- achoo- bah, I'm a -achoo- going out!"

Striding briskly with all the experience of one accustomed to a good number of climates, he places his soggy boots onto the main road, where he continues on his journey.

"For -achoo- fuck's sake, why did Johan ask me to pass these -achoo- damned bronze gears all the way to some guy in Brevama by the end of the -achoo- week...he did say I would get a nice -achoo- shilling for my efforts, but I feel the heavens are -achoo- conspiring to make this a less than -achoo- pleasant journey..."

Shaking his head, he sneezed once more.

And he would be sneezing quite a bit in the next few hours, whilst the moisture still laid it thick on his sinuses.

3. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    "You traveller! Having some problem with the cold, aye?"

Giai blinked as he looked at the strange peddler with an enigmatic smile.
    Well, that was just normal merchant protocol- what was with the donkey doing the same thing beside him, though?! Jesus!
    As one might expect, that creeped Giai out sufficiently for him to give a non-optimal response.

"Yes I am, how did- oh right. This junction of the road has no shelter for whatever the reason. You make money off providing quick remedies for the unlucky ones, don't you? How much do you inflate your services?"

Despite the merciless words coming with Giai's mouth, the peddler laughed as he stroked his goatee. Thankfully, the donkey had no goatee to stroke, but it's creepy brays of laughter made Giai want to slap it.

"Well, well, you are right! Only that I don't provide remedies, aside from warmed goat milk. It's good, I tell you."
    "...How much a cup?"
    "2 times the normal price.”
    “I'll take 3."

3 minutes later, Giai left with a spring in his step as the peddler waved cheerfully at his back along with the donkey braying something queer that he really didn't want to think about.

"If only more people would realise herbal remedies are the last thing one needs after a rainstorm...and that warm goat milk truly warms the cold soul better than even the finest wines. Man is going to go far." He sighed in wonderment.

4. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    'What should I do?' was the first thing Nivalis thought as he arrived at Brevama on a rainy day, his clothes were soaked with rain, a sigh escaped his mouth as he looked around the city. Having read some books about Lucenia, he knew that Brevama still had its military force which could be interesting to him.
    Albeit, there will not be much for him to do, it will allow him to have a quiet life and get money to travel toward the South... or he could just rest there then travel without bothering about money. At worst, he will meet some animals, knock them out with his fists and there he goes! He has food! His belly is filled!

Jokes aside, he still did not know what to do-- but he thought that after walking under such a weather, there was only one thing to do. Rest at some inn, obviously, the first inn the warrior saw was the chosen one. Its name seemed to be... familar somehow. The Guard's Palm, why does it sound like a place people brawl against each other....
    "Now that sounds like a nice place to sleep!"

Immediately, he entered and saw something he expected... a group of people surrounding two guys fisting each other. How... expected. Why are his random guesses accurate? After a second sigh, a smile crept up on his smile as he felt stuck. What to do? Join the party or... sleep? His hands were somehow aching to punch something soft...
    'No no no... you didn't come here to fight, did you?! You're gonna mess up again if you do!', speaking to himself, the exiled noble let out a sigh as he decided to listen to his inner voice who commanded him not to cause troubles again. Anyway, fighting is more satisfying when you're rested!

'Don't you dare... Tomorrow at dawn, you gotta head toward Concordia! Okay?!'
    Still feeling conflicted, he let out a sigh and initiated a conversation with the landlady.

"Hey miss, do you have an available room for me, up there? Just for tonight."
    Too tired to pay attention, Nivalis saw that she was handing to him a key, he could only hear pieces of her sweet voice because of the noises the crowd has been making around the two brawlers. Now that he thought about it, perhaps she wasn't the landlady... she seemed too young to be managing such an establishment.
    "Ah--... meet you... -- name is... -- first floor... -- number 12..."
    Discussing with someone was a bad idea, shaking his head, the young Uro stared at the stairs and waved at her as he quite literally shouted : "Thank you!!"

Later on as he arrived in his room after locking the door, he looked at the bed and blissfully laid down on it. Hoping that he will fall asleep despite noises on the ground floor... worst case, he will just join the fun and sleep at morning. For now, let's try sleeping so he can travel towards Concordia next day...

5. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    "So, you are Francis, right? Johan wanted to send a few things to you."

Sitting down nonchalantly and without much flair, Giai set a sack of bronze gears onto the countertop.
    The aforementioned Francis was at the counter, but he was busy scribbling some notes furiously on a nearby workshop while muttering incessantly.
    After a long wait, Francis finally looked at the gears and at Giai, as if he had just noticed him. It might just be the case, Giai mused.

"Sorry, these gears are useless to me due to some miscalculations on my part, namely..."

Giai had to appreciate that Francis was able to sprout so much heedless of the person he was speaking with; man really must have had too little people to speak with.

"Seals 13, column 29 was out of breech..."

Unfortunately for poor Giai, he was kind enough to not interrupt Francis even as his explanations (mostly to himself, he soon realised) become more and more colourful and... enthusiastic even though he only understood less than a quarter of the technobabble Francis was sprouting.

He ended up leaving the shopfront a full hour later.

"Well, that was a waste of time...at least I got paid."

Shaking his head with a sigh, he decided to check-in for the night at the Guard's Palm. Old establishment it was, and as he had expected there was a brawl as usual.

"Hello missus, I'm back again. The table at the corner as usual."

@Naraku

Zone Q11 and Naraku like this.
  6. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    I was waved into the city without much of a fuss.

"..."

Keep calm, nobody's after you. This isn't an ambush...probably. Just a detour and nothing more. A few days to verify it, then move on. Maybe across the waters.

Bump.

?!...Hah. Maybe sleep and food will do me some good...

The coins barely jiggle in my hands. I count them twice; barely enough to eat with, definitely not enough to rent a room. While thinking my feet were moving, automatically bringing me somewhere. I looked up to see the inn's front.

Doesn't seem too high class...well.

Quietly, I pushed open the door and made my way in.

@Naraku @Way

7. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    “Gabe, new order!”
    “Another one?” a despaired voice rang out from the kitchen: “I will do it as soon as I can...” the young man added as he glanced over the pile of notes, whose size has not diminished even one bit no matter how hard he worked.
    “Also, I will need you to redo a few orders?”
    “WHAT???”
    “Franky started brawl again...”
    “AGAIN? Why is he even allowed in Guard’s Palm?”
    “Tell that to the boss. Anyway, gotta go. Stay strong!”
    'Stay strong my ass!' The young cook could not help but curse as he lamented the fact that the main chef had to be sick today.

@Way
    @Naraku
    @Haxagen

8. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened? Nivalis only slept a few hours. His eyebags were even bigger than before he went to sleep. Cracking his knuckles, he felt like beating up these bastards who kept making noises in this damned inn. What did he have to choose the closest one? Wouldn't it better if he just searched a bit more! A quieter inn would have been perfect... these cursed mongrels interrupted his beauty sleep, forgiving them was not an option.
    After a sigh, he quickly washed his face, rolled his shoulders, unlocked the door, locked his room, descended the stairs and looked at the group of people. Before beating them up, he decided to speak to the miss, probably in her early twenties, now that he took a closer look-- wait no, it wasn't time to think about something like this! It was time to find a way to rest...

"Miss... I have an important question... is there any way to make them shut up.."
    Letting out a sigh, it seemed that she expected this question, she will just provide the usual answer. The people here are always brawling, having fun and being noisy... the "inn" part of their business is a secondary activity. However--
    "Before I feel the urge to send them to the cemetery?"
    --she did not expect anyone to say that. Was there really someone as careless as that? Do they know in what city they are? Shouldn't they assume that many of the people down there might be soldiers? That would be an awful idea to provoke them.

"Haaa... do you think I can do anything about that? Did you even check how many people there are..."
    Seeing a newcomer, Nivalis began to be a little sarcastic as he began to speak to her, tactlessly advising her that renting a room would be rather pointless... might be why it's cheap.
    "Yo, if it's too sleep, that's a bad idea, there is quite literally too much noise coming from these guys I intend to stomp pretty soon..."

Obviously, that wasn't a good idea. The time to beat up them all or... get beaten up would end up bringing more troubles than profit. Albeit, releasing one's anger by punching thugs sound like a pretty good profit by itself... ain't it?
    "Okay, okay okay!"
    The miss did not have the choice but to intervene, a brawl is already troublesome but it doesn't need to escalate, having the guards to come because of such issues would be very detrimental for the business...

"Errr... well, I can reduce by half the price to rent a room and to get a meal!"
    In all honesty, the rooms are decent but the food's quite awful... so awful that it might needed to be included into the room's price... on a side note, having to spend less money... that might sound like a good idea... but... but... beating these guys into pulp sound like a great one too...

Zone Q11, Way, SpearOfLies and 2 others like this.
  9. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Cheeky highborn bugger, interrupting and making fun of the poor folks.
    Giai frowned to himself before interjecting.

"If we are done complaining about the need for thicker walls for those used to living at quieter places, like the farmside-" A tint of humour emerged on his face. ”-so, missus, table in the corner as usual, aye?"

10. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "...Wonderful. So the food is bad, huh."

I stop myself from faceplanting into a table. Barely. So I did the next best thing and faceplanted onto the wall.

"I'll rent a hay pile if I have to, just give me a place to crash for the week..."

11. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor girl...food isn't THAT terrible, really, just simple.
    "Don't worry, perhaps for people that have access to fresh, wholesome foods, like a farmhand, for example, it might not be as appealing, but it isn't that bad as far as cheap food in this city goes."
    Giai then chuckled, as if there was a joke only he understood.

12. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "I see. I'll have a bite then. I don't know if I brought enough money, but if not..."

My vision does a doozy and starts fading.

"...Just sell me into slavery or something..."

I faceplant into the table at max speed and start snoring.

Zone Q11, Way, MaliMi and 2 others like this.
  13. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Immediately, the miss reacted and replied on a hurried tone as she prepared.
    "Ah, yes, of course, the table in the corner, the usual."

'That scoundrel... look like the brawl ain't important anymore.'
    Obviously, his target switched from the mob to that mongrel, Nivalis planned to say something but then stopped himself as he remembered his own thoughts, as usual, he took too much thinking before acting.
    'You're here to rest... not to provoke troubles. Remember, you wanna go to Concordia... so, don't delay that with useless fi--"
    "--eh?"
    His thoughts were cut as he heard that, he let out a sigh and scratched his head. Obviously, his previous complaints seemed ridiculous as he heard that. Instead of being more bothersome, he stayed quiet.
    Exactly at the moment he calmed down and didn't plan on complaining further, that gramps needed to take the knife and widen the wound, then salting it... or at least, he felt like these words were directed toward him.
    "...ah?"
    Really? His pupils became somehow empty after hearing her words. Whatever. He simply thought aloud as he decided to let these matters slide. His anger was spoiled by her words.
    "Sheesh, could have chosen a better phrasing... That's a rather stupid thought."

Unfortunately, it seemed that Nivalis did not like the word itself. Just the fact that she's considering it irked him a bit while that might have been a joke, it didn't spontaneously cross his mind, he cracked his neck as he simply said a few words before heading toward the stairs.
    "I will pay for her tomorrow morning."

Zone Q11, Haxagen, Way and 3 others like this.
  14. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It was early morning, a vast area without much greenery but lots of builders and stones around, it was like a garden with lots of sculptures, their sizes varied, there are those tall enough to be giants and those small enough to be palm sized, but alot of them were either broken or incomplete and there were also misshapen ones, nevertheless to each their beauty and most of those sculptures were great works of art enough to fetch a good sum of money if any of them were to be auctioned.
    Somewhere in that garden, a man wearing a long white tunic with long black hair draping on his shoulders and quite the long beard too was meditating with wide open eyes, the man looked quite youthful sitting cross legged staring at the scenery around, in fact should someone go by that area they probably wouldn't notice him as he looked like a fine statue himself amongst the many sculptures and statues in that area.
    That young looking man was Merlin, after years of studying and trying to imitate the old artisan's works he gained much insights into arts.
    Merlin living the life of a hermit only kept his food and sleeping to the bare minimum, each day he would pass hours and hours studying the works of the old artisan that he kept in a secure place or meditate trying to find inspiration to make something, years upon years he made many things and imitated many of the old artisan's works but none of Melin's works were on the old artisan's level, if put side by side, Merlin's imitation works, albeit great considering how many years he kept gaining insights from the old artisan's works and how much inspiration he got living secluded like that his works were already nothing short of being in a class of their own compared to other art works made by other artists around the world, but even so, Merlin's products were like an unpolished diamond compared to the old artisan's works, not to mention Merlin was yet to find the method or secret as to how to merge mana into his works, it wasn't similar to tools made of science and magic, it wasn't similar to tools storing and crafted to be magical items, the concept was similar but yet different, Merlin couldn't tell what he was doing wrong all the past years.
    Many times Merlin tried to merge his artworks with mana just like how the old artisan's paintings, music notes and even sculptures, but how could artwork hold mana? he tried to imbue many of his works with magic but they all ended up in failure, after all without ruins or certain materials magic can't just be held in anything, alas some of Merlin's works exploded, some burned and some were vandalized beyond recognition but never did Merlin give up because as an artist he at least was getting better and better and he was sure that some day he will find the secret to make what he wants.
    And so, Merlin continues to meditate...

Zone Q11, Way, MaliMi and 2 others like this.
  15. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Both magic and art were things that required precision, focus and a great patience, fortunately for Merlin he lacked none of these traits therefore he kept meditating while recalling all of his previous works, time was of little to no importance to him, be it day or night or whatever sort of weather.
    Merlin wanted to find it, the method that will change his fate.
    Minutes passed as if they were seconds, hours as if they were minutes, and Merlin was still meditation looking for a clue.
    Finally, he closed his eyes after a long time, he took a deep breath and then he looked at the sky wondering
    "Just what is it that I am doing wrong? What am I missing?"
    Merlin sighed as he decided to go back and research the old artisan's works once again but just he was about the stand, his vision became blurry as he felt his head heavy, it wasn't long before he felt strength leaving his body and faint but that didn't last for long, it was a fleeting moment in which he lost his senses and nearly smashed his head on the ground as his body tumbled down.
    Merlin stopped his falling momentum by hitting the ground with his hands and pushing himself up.
    Merlin held his head as he recalled what just happened, in that moment in which he fainted he heard a voice telling him to go to Marba, but why Marba of all places? he didn't care how or why that happened but that voice he heard was loud and clear, in a sense it was like a strike of divine thunder that gave him the same feeling that gave him hope that time when he first saw the painting of the old artisan at that store in North Watch.
    Merlin hurried to look for answers, even if that voice, in a sense, felt trustworthy to him, he needed answers as to why he must go to another city, he a hermit who passed several years in seclusion in order to master the old artisan's arts.
    Merlin went back to the cottage to search amongst the old artisan's belongings, he remembered that he saw a diary but nothing of importance in it that could give him help in his arts but he does remember seeing something about Marba in there, something that he believes might be the reason why he heard that voice, in a sense he believed that he had some sort of epiphany.
    Merlin searched amongst the old artisan's belongings, that he kept in a secure place, till he found the diary, in a hurry he opened it and searched a certain line that wasn't that hard to find as the old artisan didn't write much in that diary, thus Merlin read "Today, I leave Marba my hometown and someday I will become the greatest artisan that ever lived"
    "So Marba is his hometown?" Merlin seemed to get an idea
    Closing the diary Merlin went to prepare to leave for Marba, perhaps he will find a clue in the old artisan's hometown...

Zone Q11, Way, Naraku and 2 others like this.
  16. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Giai's face twitched visbly, before he just let out a sigh, shaking his head.
    Heh, at least the man seems to at least have some sense of morality. Enough subtle teasing, Giai suppose.
    Shrugging, he walked to the table in the corner that he had rented, before resting his sword on the table.
    Placing his forehead on the scabbard, he let sleep take him without resistance.

17. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "A-ahhh. How long was I out?"

"Long enough to miss sunrise. Well, here you go."

A plate of food appeared before me.

"That's a lot."

"Well, the leftovers had to go somehow."

"I see. How much?"

The inn lady shook her head.

"Someone paid for you already."

Well. That's unexpected. I wait for her to leave before digging into the food.

It's bland. Wait, no. It's tasteless. Crap...I totally forgot. Whatever.

I soundlessly cleared the plate, wishing my tastebuds weren't so damaged.

18. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, poor girl. Of course the leftovers weren't going to be good, they were a mishmash of the blandest parts of the food that any tavern goer worth their salt knew not to take.
    Shaking his head, he returned to his game of Xiangqi with the burly sergeant off night-shift; Sgt. Seymour, or as everyone called him, Sarge Sleepless. His actual ability as a warrior was indefatigable combat stamina, but apparently, when he didn't tap into that extra stamina he could last for a day and a half without sleep...and still have enough energy leftover to beat a boar into submission, although after that he would end up snoring, using the unconscious boar as a pillow. Oddly specific? Well, it happened.
    "Cannon A4."
    "Chariot B3"
    "Knight E7. Checkmate."
    As Giai revealed a grin, Seymour groaned, as he threw his hands down.
    "Thought I had you. Apparently you were much faster. Again?"
    "Sure. One last round, since you are supposed to drill the men for the day, right?"
    "Bah, almost forgot. I'll have to give them some extra hell today for interrupting my chess sessions..."
    "As if you don't already. Also, sleep more, you might not need the sleep but some psyche mage once told me sleeping is good for memories and moods, or something along those lines."
    "That may be the case, but I'm not going to waste my time sleeping like that."
    Rolling his eyes, Seymour pushed forward a pawn.
    Mirroring his move, Giai merely shook his head, before continuing to make small talk.
    "Aside from your shenanigans involving your new commander, anything interesting happened recently?"
    "Ah, screw you! I wasn't expecting her to be so judgemental with that genuine fuck up! Of course, even you know of all the damned people in town! Well..."
    They would continue talking over the shifting miniature battlefield in front of them.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  19. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    After waking up, Nivalis refreshed himself before descended the stairs. Obviously, he did not have a good sleep, that was to be expected when all these mongrels were noisy by brawling... maybe he should have beaten the hell out of them. But of course, someone decided to spoil the mood! Grrr...
    A sigh escaped his mouth as he only blamed himself, it couldn't be the case that she said it on purpose. He got worked up because of himself, nothing more, nothing less. Heading toward the counter, he immediately prepared the money for two people, of course, he wouldn't forget.

"Here's the money, should be good enough, no?"
    "Yes, it is enough."

Obviously, he did not wish to eat here but he supposed that having a drink wouldn't be too bad so he started drinking.
    After looking around and seein familiar faces, the exiled wondered about what shall he do. In the end, he did not decide yet, he did not give it much thought. When he finished drinking the mead he got, he let out a sigh as he decided that as for now, he will simply buy provisions. Was there a market nearby? Local products are usually quite unique, hopefully they would be good.

"Mmmm... I guess I can just visit the city for a bit..."
    Right, he might find something interesting around here. Realizing that he decided the course of events, he stretched his arms, verified if he had everything on him, well, he did not have much so it was rather easy to check,and finally headed toward the exit.

20. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    "I see, I see."
    Giai frowned
    "I know you are more subtle than this than I am, so I'd like your help to see if my daughter is in good hands! If you can assure her safety, old friend, I'll be most indebted to you"
    Seeing the giant of a man practically bow towards him, Giai sighed.
    He was just too nice of a man, aye?
    "Please, no need to be so dramatic...I'll help, it's the least I could do for a friend. What intel do you have on the guy?"
    "Thank you!"
    After Seymour's dramatic bow, Giai learnt that while he couldn't quite get his daughter reveal anything without being direct- man was a softy to his family- he did know that he has seen his face in the marketplace a few times- coincidentally, at this time of the day.
    "I know it's a hard job, but unfortunately that's all I have."
    "No worries, I'll make do."
    With that, he got up from his seat, and headed towards the marketplace.
    "This will be hard, but I do know his rough appearance..."