Wraufemath - Lucenia

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by SpearOfLies, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    There is too many people after all? Boy, don't think I don't know what you are implying...
    Giving the boy a look, Giai sighed and walked off without another word.
    Hey, unless he can't really hold his temper, he's going to be coming after him the moment he comes to somewhere less crowded afterall...no need for more words until then.

2. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "If it breaks, so be it. I've already used it too many times, anyway."

...Too many times for what? I wasn't planning to say that, so why did that pop out? Did I use this before?

"Now, Goshujin-sama, there's an important stop to be made before I bring you to the, uh, free market. Come along."
    "Ah, the old man left."

3. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Phew. At this moment, the air seemed to be a bit cleaner than before. Obviously, now, Nivalis felt more at ease. He just memorized the direction that scoundrel went...
    "You've used it? Oh? I wonder how do you use that thing?"
    As she said that, the exiled rubbed his chin as he looked at her. It seemed that she wasn't anyone which was pretty good to know. At the very least, it made him curious about her.

The free market, huh? As time continued to flow down, d'Uro wished to see that place, more than it was at the start. Certainly, as his interest continued to grow, he wondered about something.
    "Say, since when do you live here? Considering that you can guide me, I suppose that you've been living around here for a while?"

4. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "Nope, first day in this city. It's all down to the observations, really; once you've travelled enough, you'll start to see the similarities, and from there you take some educated guesses. Village markets are the busiest in the day, because that's when most sell their produce; small and middle-sized towns tend to crowd up in the lunch hours, while the bigger cities have extremely busy markets at night. Just follow the crowd and your nose, and you'll usually end up close to where you want to be, Master. As for the contraption, well..."

Wrinkling my nose, I push one of the metal pieces jutting out, prepared for the din that was sure to follow. Surprisingly, today must have been one of the thing's better days, because it only groaned a little before the drill-shaped head withdrew, and out popped two cylinder tubes of varying thickness.

"Well, here you go. It's not much to look at."

5. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh, so you must have traveled a lot. Quite the contrary of me."
    As he commented, he looked around and tried to compare it with his birthplace, there are little similarities... perhaps he did not travel enough to see them properly. He assumed that the stalls on the periphery of the market would likely be cheaper... however then, he would need some way to judge the product... other than tasting it that is!
    He shrugged over it and looked at the device she was holding. And wondered how it functionned inside it. While he could ask, he would probably not understand so he stayed quiet as he wondered what are its use.

"Mmmmmm. That's rather a curious object... I mean, I can't see for what can you use it. I wonder what its creator had in its mind..."
    Since he couldn't get it, he let out a sigh and continued to speak, quickly letting this matter slide. If he judges that he can not understand something without having more basic knowledge about it, Nivalis would get over it and change topic.
    "I see. Thank you for guiding me into this market. I think I got the core of this matter... paying for you was unexpectedly useful... huh. Now that I think about it... how did you end up penniless? If you don't mind me asking."

Zone Q11, Way, Haxagen and 3 others like this.
  6. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Late Morning
    Humming a happy tune, Quinn approaches Brevama. Having blessed a village's field a few days ago, the bundle of cloth hanging from the wooden staff currently resting on his shoulder is filled with some food, along with the rest of his belongings.

With the sun slowly climbing up the sky, Quinn finally reaches the gate. A quick search of his meagre belongings later, Quinn finally enters the city, eager to see all the sights this city has to offer.

Zone Q11, Way, Naraku and 2 others like this.
  7. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "Somewhat so, yes. I've been to a fair share of places over the years---"

There it is again. What's this odd feeling that tells me I'm right? What exactly happened during the years I've forgotten? Ah!

"---As for this device, let's just say that I can only safely use it outside the city. I've no interest in making any guards nervous, hahaha. But I must be going. See you around, my temporary Master~"

I winked, and then walked into the small crowd.

8. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Years? As she seemed younger than the noble, he felt like that she started traveling a bit too early. Nevertheless, with his lack of knowledge regarding wanderers, he shall not assume anything... at least, not explicitly. A sigh escaped his mouth, it seemed that the contraption was rather the dangerous item for her to say that.

"We shall meet again."
    Waving at her as she faded into the crowd, during the split of a second, he wondered about why she said "Master" instead of "Goshujin-same", as well as-- why did it seem that she was agiated? Her voice felt different than any time she spoke, perhaps it was just him. Quickly after that, Nivalis decided to continue roaming into the market...

Zone Q11, Haxagen, Way and 2 others like this.
  9. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It was nighttime, Merlin who left the mountain was taking a tour in North Watch city, he was looking for a carriage that was leaving for Marba city, after all, he didn't feel like walking all the way to Marba not to mention he doesn't know the directions to Marba in the first place nor what sort of city it is.
    Merlin walking down the streets of North Watch city suddenly realized something
    "I don't know anything about this place, what kind of city is this?" Merlin mused as he looked at the different kind of buildings on both sides of the road, come to think of it, lots of years passed since he went into seclusion in that mountain, he doesn't even remember how much time passed or even know what year it is now but that didn't stop him from admiring how the place looked.
    Merlin continued his walk, while admiring the architecture of the city
    "Quite fascinating" Merlin admired as he looked left and right, this time impressed by the multihued lights from the street lamps illuminating the place.
    "Hey mister are you new here? you are not from anywhere near here, right?"
    Merlin turned around to look at whom suddenly called to him
    "Well, don't you look strange" Merlin said his thoughts as his expression turned to that of surprise.
    From their boots to their head, that person's attire was quite strange by Merlin's standards.
    Pointy black boots, white checkered pants, a wide open long white coat that showed the person's naked skin below it, a big top black hat that was big enough to hide the person's face in it's shade and finally black leather gloves.
    "Me? strange? mister, did you look at yourself?" the person chuckled hearing Merlin's statement, after all, his attire was the norm and the latest hit in North Watch city meanwhile, Merlin, this man with long black hair and beard and his not so in fashion attire was quite the odd one in the city of art aka North Watch but the person didn't say that as he knew that people not from the city got a different weird taste in fashion and a lot of them don't understand what art is, but the person was quite the understanding kind so he said nothing more to Merlin.
    "Tell me, strange one, are you male of female?" Merlin asked as he ignored the person's earlier statement.
    The person sighed
    "Call me Navi, I live here, and what do you mean male or female, just because I am slender is no reason to mistake me for a woman not to mention can't you see this?" Navi pointed at his bare chest and then said "I am a man!"
    Merlin narrowed his eyes for a moment then murmured to himself "So this is a trap, I remember reading about this in the old arisan's diary, he said that he once was nearly tricked and fell in love with one" Merlin nodded his head as he commented "fascinating"
    It was the first time for Merlin seeing such a slender man with fair skin and a somewhat petite figure, in a sense, it was like he was seeing a new type of creatures or some sort of exotic animal.
    Merlin didn't think much about what Navi said, he was quite the type to jump to conclusions and in a sense, he only heard what he wanted to hear.
    "So tell me strange one named Navi, what year is this?" Merlin asked
    "1257 M.C" answered Navi with a sigh, Merlin was starting to get on his nerves.
    "Hm... 1257 huh? I have been in seclusion for too long, I wonder if they are still alive" Merlin murmured as he seemed to think about something
    "And? your name?" Navi asked
    "Hm... my name? why? what use do you have with my name?" Merlin looked at Navi surprised
    "Huh?" Navi was speechless for a moment
    "Mister, I told you my name when you asked me so it is only normal that I know yours, besides it is good manners to introduce yourself, don't you think?" Navi asked, Merlin was really starting to get on his nerves more and more.
    "I asked for your name? when? you are the one who told me your name out of nowhere... but then again, you are correct about it being good manners" Merlin stroke his beard as he looked at Navi with suspecting eyes for about a second then
    "Well, you are a strange one but I don't think you are a suspicious person, I got good eyes to discern suspicious people" Merlin nodded satisfied by his own realization as Navi looked completely speechless
    "My name is Merlin and for the time being I am an artist" Merlin made a courteous bow as he introduced himself but that didn't last for long as he straightened his back again and looked at the sky seemingly thinking of something
    Navi however was again surprised and couldn't help but shout surprised
    "You!? an artist!? PREPOSTEROUS"
    "I nearly forgot, this city nearly made me forget" Merlin murmured again as he shifted his gaze to Navi again
    "Strange one named Navi, do you know of a city named Marba? what do you know about it?" Merlin asked not caring about Navi's earlier remark...

Zone Q11, SpearOfLies, Naraku and 3 others like this.
  10. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    The area was illuminated by the different colorful lights giving the buildings a peculiar look as if one was looking at a pop art real life painting, in such place two men were looking at each other, one was taller compared to the other, he was fairly build, with long black hair, long beard, donned a long white robe and brown sandals as he kept combing his beard looking at the less taller man in front of him that had an amazed expression and was lost for words under the shade of his big hat, this latter man was donning an entirely different set of clothes that used a complete different design and concept, in a sense it was like looking at a scene between an old scholar from some fantasy story and some modern age like fashion maniac.
    The taller man was Merlin and the shorter one was Navi.
    Merlin was waiting for his answer, but Navi was currenttly having trouble keeping up with Merlin's attitude.
    Navi massaged his temples, he didn't know how to react, for him it was the first time dealing with someone like Merlin.
    Navi took a deep breath as he trying to calm down
    "Just what sort of person is this? he is dressed strangely even for someone not from this city, he seem somewhat self-centered and quick to disregard others, somewhat arrogant yet I don't feel an aura of haughtiness from him, is he some lost noble from some place and somehow ended here? but how? and how come he managed to go unnoticed till now? someone like him is bound to create trouble or somesort of clamor with such appearance and attitude. Certainly, regulations here in the city of art are a bit special compared to other cities but I refuse to believe that a person like him can go unnoticed for so long here, unless he just got in North Watch? but that is impossible, the city gates closes during the nights and especially today since it is special, and he says he is an artist? what kind of art could someone like him do anyway?..." Navi was full of questions
    "Strange one Navi, should I repeat my questions?" Merlin asked
    Navi glanced at him and then shook his head
    "Say mister, it wouldn't be fair if I am the only one being questioned, so how about we alternate asking questions to each other?" Navi was testing the waters, as he was curious about the identity of this Merlin.
    Merlin narrowed his eyes again as he said
    "You want to ask me something? why would you ask me anything?... but you are right about it being unfair if I am the only one asking questions" Merlin thought for a short while then added "Very well, you have my word, I shall answer any question you have as long as I know the answer and it is not an inappropriate question"
    Navi sighed, perhaps, he can finally have a proper conversation with this guy?
    "Good, so to answer your first question from earlier, yes I know about Marba" said Navi
    "Most fascinating! what can you tell me about it?" asked Merlin
    "Not so fast, it is my turn to ask a question, do you mind if we walked while talking? I am late and I would rather hurry" said Navi
    "Sure, I don't see why not, so back to my other question" said Merlin as he was preparing to ask about his next question
    "Marba is a trading port city, and while it is not on the level of Brevama, it is quite successful as a commercial city and it does encourage artistic freedom albeit it is nothing compared to this city, as they got low artistic standards in Marba" said Navi
    "I see" commented Merlin
    "You said that you are an artist, what sort of artist are you?" this was Navi's most important question, he was born in the city of arts and the topic of arts was a sensible thing to most people of North Watch city.
    "I am a master when it comes to painting, playing music and sculpting" answered Merlin still thinking about his next question
    "Really now" Navi sneered, how could he believe that such person is a master in three different important art fields, it would take years for people to hone their skills and they may or may not reach the level to be called a master and this guy is saying he is a master at painting, playing music, and sculpting? Was this Merlin making fun of arts?
    "Tell me about this city" asked Merlin
    "What? you mean you don't know about North Watch the city of arts?" Navi couldn't help but be surprised

Zone Q11, Naraku and SpearOfLies like this.
  11. LNOnlineOtaku

LNOnlineOtaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    'Yummy~' Meanwhile, Cya was indulging in dinner, with the Scholar looking at her with a twitching eyelid. Perhaps the Scholar was thinking of increasing the work she had to do, but the girl in question does not know this.
    "You seem to be having a good time" The Scholar enunciates words with double meanings, sipping the fish soup.
    Cya jolted slightly in her seat, "*ahem* Thank you for the dinner Scholar." Cya, remembering the manners she learned immediately slowed down and ate slowly. To her chagrin.

"After this do your daily night practices and keep yourself in good hygiene. You may retire to bed afterwards" The Scholar nodded in satisfaction. "Ah yes, before that head to the market and get these two herbs for me. They should be useful for your later training."
    The Scholar got up and handed her a note, what was listed was this:
    3 Mountain-Lassels
    1 Solanimins
    *Note End*

"Scholar, what would we need this for?" She said looking at the note, "I know that Solanimins is a common poisonous herb, like you taught me, but Mountain-Lassels are mainly ingredients for common perfumes, or a cheap accessory."
    "You will see when the time comes, as you always have. It seems that you finished memorizing your new herb list as well." The Scholar had a small smile, but the smile quickly disappeared before Cya noticed.
    Cya, knowing she would no longer get answers, stop asking questions. She soon finished dinner and grabbed her satchel bag, placing the note securely inside and heading out after saying her goodbyes to the Scholar.
    'I wonder if I'll meet anyone new again...'

12. aruansakalog

aruansakalog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pleuro is annoyed. He did not spend weeks "moving" his catch from Rhodo to Brevama just to stand in a 30 min. haggling session with the fish stall owner.
    "50 copper coins for 200 kg of fish, that is the standard market price lizard. If you dont like it go somewhere else."the fat fish monger smirking as he "negotiates"with the Newt-kin.

Pleuro just smiled. Well his version of a smile. It is hard to use facial expressions if you don't have eyebrows, thick lips and visible teeth.
    "You know if not for the fact that my mood ish good because of the rain, I'd shmack that shmile off your necklessh head. I mean sheriously where ish your neck? Itsh like your head ish jusht attached to your shoulders. That amount of fat ish healthy unlessh your a whale or maybe a dugong."Pleuro taunts the fishmonger while also licking his large left eye to moisten them, an action that clearly disgusted the fish monger.

"Could you please stop doing that"

"Doing what?"Pleuro licked his other eye.

"That! Stop doing that."

"But mishter fishmonger my kind cannot blink. This the only way i can "blink"."the newt replied. Actually Pleuro can blink normally but the look on the fat human's face just gives him a bit of satisfaction. If he's gonna suffer by standing under the bright sun for a long time might as well annoy the fatso that caused it.

"100 copper coinsh. They are still alive sho you wont queshtion the freshnessh. Heck, Ill even throw in 15 kgs. of freshwater crayfish"this time his long tounge is slowly crawling towards his nose slits.

"Urgk! Fine! Just stop doing that. Please. "the fatso almost puking in his mouth as he sees the newt-kin's tounge roll a wad of thick mucus from its nose. He might be used to the smell of fish but some things are just too much. He hurriedly gave a small pouch of coins to the hat wearing amphibean.

"The old mucus from the nose trick for the win."the newt smiled as he counts the pouch's contents.

"Hehehe. 100 copper coinsh collected. Pleasure doing businessh with you." Pleuro then opened his cart. One by one, 11 basin sized water golems "rolled"off the cart. Inside the water golems, live fish swam around the marble sized golemn cores. The golemns then "spat" the fish on the empty wooden barrels by the stall. Freed of its tenants, the water golems moved towards Pleuro. One by one the golemns dispelled themselves, the core absorbing most of the water while the rest spilled on the ground. The whole process took a little under 5 mins.

"What was that?!? You're a mage?"

"So?"

"Why would you use golems like that?"

"Caushe I can? I'v been ushing mud and earth golemnsh back home to grow cropsh. I don't need to control them sho they just shtood still in our fieldsh, like magically infused flowerpots."

"Whut?"

Pleuro just ignored the fishmonger and took off his salakot. He turned it over and carefully arranged the inactive cores in the empty pocket slots sewed under the hat. After putting the big hat on, he then placed the money pouch on top of a newly activated earth golem. The golem then "swallowed" the bag and grew 4 spider like legs then climbed up the cart. Pleuro then called for another water golem from inside the cart. The golem then wrapped its liquid body around Pleuro like a suit of armor, moisturizing the newt-kins skin.
    "That feelssh sshoo goood.."says the newt-kin as he led his horse cart towards the medicinal herb area to buy medicine for his master..

13. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    "What? you mean you don't know about North Watch the city of arts?" Navi couldn't help but be surprised
    "Why are you here then?" Navi asked as he couldn't believe his ears
    "I am afraid it is not your turn to ask" Merlin said calmly as he looked into the distance as if attracted by something
    Navi furrowed his eyebrows as he massaged his temples
    "Right, right, it is not my turn to ask" Navi said, one could notice his shaking tone as he was trying to keep calm
    Unfortunately, Merlin didn't pay attention to that, he seemed busy thinking about something.
    Navi heaved a deep sigh
    This won't do, I need to keep calm, I am the son of North Watch, the city of arts and a great artist needs to always have a serene mind and spirit, but this guy in getting on my nerves!
    Navi glared at Merlin from under the shade of his big hat, if looks could kill, Merlin would be dead instantly
    Nevertheless, Navi kept a warm smile on his face as he said
    "As I said before, this is North Watch, the city of arts, all forms of arts are encouraged here, this is the hometown of the brilliants..." Navi was overexcited introducing his hometown
    "I see, so arts thrive in here" Merlin nodded as Navi finished his speech
    "So, why are you here anyway?" Navi asked as he felt better
    "Looking for a carriage to Marba city, I want something that will leave the soonest possible" Merlin said
    "I see" Navi commented
    "Where are we going?" Merlin asked looking at the bright lights in the distance, they were getting closer and closer, not to mention he could hear lots of sounds as well from the same direction, which was weird since aside from chatting with Navi everything seemed so quite in North Watch so far.
    "Tonight is a festival, a special occasion that our city celebrates once every month, almost all the people in North Watch will gather to celebrate, there will be contests and great prizes"
    "Occasion? prizes? I don't like this" Merlin interrupted, mages and wizards in particular don't like being in a crowd, overcrowded places weren't suitable for them, and for someone like Merlin who lived a hermit life for some hundred years, the idea of being in a small place surrounded by people didn't seem comfortable to him at all therefore he couldn't accept it.
    Of course Navi was yet to reach the point as to where the said festival was held but Merlin believed that even if it is not a small place but with all the city's people gathered there then it will become a small place for him.
    "Eh?" Navi was surprised but then he laughed, despite being interrupted, he was amused by Merlin's reaction...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2020
    Zone Q11, Qiun, aruansakalog and 3 others like this.
  14. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    "Strange one Navi, I want a mount or something that can get me to my destination as fast as possible not mingling with strangers, I got no interest in talking with ignorant commoners" Merlin stated as he stopped ignoring Navi's reaction
    "Ignorant... commoners?" Navi murmured, those words made Navi freeze, just where were they? they were in North Watch, the home of arts, saying "ignorant commoners"? was he refering to the people of the city? impossible! ignorant and commoners were not words that one can use to describe the sons and daughters of his city, the residents of the city of arts were all proud and brilliant artists! Merlin's words were very humiliating for Navi but he didn't retort and only took a deep breath, as a son of North Watch, Navi refused to forsake his manners for any reason
    "You gave me your word earlier that you would accompany me till my destination mister, not to mention, it will be your chance to find what you want, who knows perhaps you will be able to strike a deal or even get a ride for free?" said Navi forcing a smile
    Hearing him, Merlin glanced at Navi for a moment then pondered for awhile then nodded his head as if he just reached some conclusion or realized something in his head
    "Hm... certainly, I suppose I did, very well then, let us continue" said Merlin as he stepped forward
    The conversation, or rather the series of questions and answers continued as the two walked towards the festival's location.
    On the way, Navi experienced waves and waves, different levels of anger, the more he chatted with Merlin the more he felt an urge to yell, to scream but each time he felt so, he took a deep breath suppressing his feelings.
    Navi believed that once Merlin saw what true art is, then he wouldn't dare claim that he is an artist, that he wouldn't be as arrogant, and that would be Navi's moment to brag and relieve his suppressed emotions, Navi did his best to keep his calm and making sure not to let Merlin lose motivation to visit the festival, after all seeing is believing, Navi was dead set on showing Merlin his place because of all the dissing that he heard from Merlin and to make things worse, he didn't seem to be aware of his harmful words, in other words he wasn't looking down on North Watch and its people but Merlin was actually speaking his true thoughts, just what sort of impression does he have on the city and its people? Navi was really ferious but he kept his emotions under coontrol, as Navi believed that he will get his chance to get back at him, it was but a matter of time...
    Time passed, and finally both arrived at a vast plaza, surprised, Merlin stood as he gazed at everything around, even more lights of varied colors than what he saw previously, different sounds and pleasant aromas filled the place, how to describe it? Merlin pondered, it was like he stood in front of a big giant image full of bright colors and diverse shapes, a surreal image that would make someone stand and stare at it unable to keep his eyes on just one place as everything made him turn his eyes to look at the whole new picture, it was the sort of scene that was attractive whether you just looked at one place and also attractive if you look at everything together.
    There were booths and stands, stores and shops, and of course exhibitions and fairs.
    As for people, they were everywhere, different ages and each dressed in a strange fashion, there were clowns, there were mimes, there were acrobats, musicians, painters, dancing animals and many others on the street including food sellers...
    Merlin was amazed
    "It seems everyone here is strange" he thought as he again glanced at Navi
    "Pretty and weird city, such an unlickely combination yet quite attractive, most fascinating" Merlin nodded his head pleased
    "Over there!" Navi suddenly said pointing towards some small building in the distance and attracting away Merlin from his gazing.
    Navi could tell that Merlin was surprised by what he just saw, but just showing him the outside wasn't enough, Navi's revenge was soon to begin... or so he thought.
    Bringing Merlin to a gaudy looking building, Navi pushed the wooden swinging doors and entered with Merlin who took a deep look at the saloon like place, the place was quite catchy with its golden shrine like design, from the outside, but the inside was completely different, people's attires and whatever the silver white odorous beverage they were having aside, but caught Merlin's attention the most were the big statues at the corners of saloon and the walls that looked as if they were made of different drawings and mosaics.
    Merlin looked at the details and then said
    "Not bad" He seems to like what he is seeing
    However, "Not bad" wasn't the reaction that Navi wanted to hear
    "Mister, I know a person that can give you what you need to reach Marba" Navi said sounding reliable
    Merlin nodded but didn't seem to be paying attention to Navi as he was still looking around, Navi wanted to say something but before he could
    "Well, well if it isn't Navi!" a voice sounded behind them
    Someone seem to have just entered the place after them
    "Steiner!" Navi said surprised looking at the person that just came in with a bunch of people along
    "Yes that is my name, glad that you didn't forget it" Steiner said as he looked around with disdainful eyes as if nothing was pleasant
    "Hm... I see that you brought another moron around, is showing those tourists around really important?" Steiner said as he looked at Merlin who was staring around
    "It is my duty as a proud son of North Watch to let other know of its beauty not to mention on such a special occasion like this" Navi said with pride
    "Oh please, they are just fools who don't understand the intricacies and what makes a good piece of art, just show them any pretty piece of garbage and they will be stunned praising it, serving as a guide and bringing that moron here is but a waste of time, just look at him staring like that, what? never saw walls before? such a low life" Steiner said with a haughty tone
    Navi glanced a quick look at Merlin who seemed uncaring as he looked around
    Navi sighed, can he really not hear what Steiner was saying? but remembering his earlier 'questions and answers session' with him
    Navi thought that Merlin simply didn't care, he looked at Steiner
    "A duty is a duty, rather that saying that, shouldn't you try to be more amicable to others as well? a good artist must also be humble" Navi said somewhat scolding
    "Are you saying that lord Steiner isn't humble?" one of the people that came along Steiner suddenly interjected
    "A low life knows a low life, our lord got no need to lower himself to the levels of such a fool" said another
    "Look at him, does he even realize that we are talking about him?" said another one
    "The moron probably doen't even speak our language" added another
    Navi watched as such belittling conversation was taking place, he was unsure of what to do, from one side, he wanted revenge on Merlin, from another side, he got his principles and morals, Navi considered himself quite the gentleman and he couldn't just stay silent with such people around bullying Merlin, after all, he was his guest, but even if he wanted to act, Steiner's identity and background were quite something in the city, this arrogant guy was a top class artist and so is every person in his family, in fact even outside of North Watch, he was a person of power and riches, Navi must consider his words carefully before saying anything, he was afraid he might say something that might cross the limit and bring Steiner's wrath upon him.
    "Hey! low life! I am talking to you! what are you looking at? do you even understand what you are looking at?" Steiner said looking at Merlin who didn't even pay him attention
    "Don't waste your time lord, the uncultured fool can't even understand what we are saying" said someone of Steiner's followers as he snickered
    Navi was still hesitant, should he say something or not?
    "Alright, this place is satisfying enough! not what I would call fair or good but it is satisfying!" Merlin suddenly stated sounding as if he just reached a conclusion, his sudden statement and what sounded like a judgement took everyone by surprise.
    "Hm...?" Merlin finally paid attention to the startled people around including Steiner and his followings
    "Oh! strange ones, are they clowns?" Merlin said pointing at Steiner and his followers as he looked at Navi
    Clowns? Navi who was somewhat used to Merlin's personality was the first to realize what he was talking about and react but he only looked at Merlin and didn't say a word
    "I see, so they are clowns" Merlin said mistaking Navi's silence for confirmation
    "Come on, do something then, don't let us wait" Merlin said again looking at Steiner and those with him with a somewhat expectant expression
    "Impudence!" at that moment Steiner finally reacted
    "Impudence? what sort of clown are you?" Merlin said surprised
    "You dare!" Steiner was displeased
    "You low life! how dare you call us that!"
    "Uncultured fool, do you know even know who you are talking to!"
    Steiner and his group were angry, how can such a person disgrace them
    "Arrogant clowns! now this is new, are they doing some sketch right now?" Merlin looked at Navi
    Navi didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but he thought he better tell him before he puts himself in more trouble
    "This is lord Steiner stock the famous artisan, surely you must have heard of him, he is a skilled master at many fields and..." Navi tried to introduce Steiner and the others, perhaps he can calm them down by doing so because these arrogant lot liked being praised and complimented, Navi also hoped that his words don't fall on deaf ears when it came to Merlin.
    However, he was interrupted as Merlin suddenly said
    "Him? a skllied master? artisan?" Merlin looked at Steiner, scrutinizing him for a short moment
    "Impossible, this must be a joke, this person and his team are clowns" Merlin stated
    Navi felt that something bad as he looked at Steiner at that moment but before anyone of them said anything
    Suddenly everyone in the saloon felt strange, as if they were in the presence of wild predators, forget moving everyone had trouble breathing as they felt as if something was pressing on their hearts and necks, that feeling was a terror born as a certain person's presence suddenly seemed to be gigantic giving all of them mental pressure, and its source was a single person in a weird attire, that person's next words sounded calm but his voice held a hint of annoyance
    "I have been patient this whole time listening to you strange one named Navi and looking at this city's strange arts but if you want me to believe that these clowns are not clowns then something must be wrong with your mind" Merlin remembered when he left his wand, he remembered the days he felt lost, he remembered the moment when he came upon the old artisan's painting, then he remembered the years and efforts he spent trying to understand the works of the old artisan
    "These people don't have the auras of artists" Merlin stated as he remembered that he called himself a master artist and couldn't accept such people sharing the same title as him
    "Let me show you what real art is!" Merlin again stated as he walked towards one of the statues which was a huge block of stone that looked like a chimera, anyone who looked at the statue could tell how much work was put into it as the statue looked so much alive, however, in the eyes of Merlin such work was way too inferior to the old artisan's works, he seized it up and down before he knocked on it few times on certain places, one shouldn't understimate the strength he gained living alone all those years trying to imitate and find the secret of the old artisan's works.
    Cracks appeared on the statue, everyone opened their eyes wide thinking the piece of art was being vandalized in front of their eyes!
    The cracks grew wider and wider and the fissures interconnected making the statue look like it was about to turn to dust but what happened next made all the eyes nearly pop out.
    The moment when they thought the statue was destroyed a much more better and detailed statue appeared underneath the fallen shards, to better describe what was just took place, it was like acocoon just broke and an exquisite butterfly came out of it, only then Merlin's pressure faded as a smile appeared on his face and he murmured
    "While definitely far from being as good as that old artisan but finally this is what this statue look like" then he turned at everyone saying "This is art!"
    Hearing those words, everyone in the saloon jumped from their seats and like a stampede hurried towards the statue, all praising what they are seeing and some arguing wanting to buy it even Steiner and his group could be seen amongst them
    Navi stared at Merlin stuttering "Y Y You... that... how... but... you?"
    As if realizing what Navi wanted to say, Merlin said
    "I believe, told you I am a master, remember? you thought it was arrogance perhaps? if so let me tell you that I am not, those clowns sketch earlier depicted arrogance, screaming like monkeys and describing others what they are not, weaklings of the same mind following a little better weakling, taking advatage of their fame to look down on others and call them names while they are not sure of their abilities, being proud is good but taking advantage of it to bully others is not, only simple minded idiots would do that and those with no actual or real ability"
    Navi looked at Merlin as if wanting to retort but looking at the statue, he couldn't bring himself to do so, this person named Merlin is a true master, no perhaps the best master Navi met so far
    "What is with a look? let me tell you, I am not arrogant, even an animal can see that my behaviour and what those clowns depicted earlier was completely different things, it is good for a proud person to be humble but being too much humble can lead to misunderstanding and others looking down on you that is why it is ok to boast when you have the ability to back up what you claim as long as you don't overboard" Merling said stroking his beard giving the impression of a wiseman
    "Then what are you?" Navi couldn't help but utter those words couldn't listening to him
    "Me? well, it is not like I am not aware of it, but it is late for me to change my attitude... let us see, I suppose I am not arrogant nor I am proud and not that much humble really, prideful is what I can be described as? then again the word pride in itself is a sin so anything derived from is doubtful to be anything good" Merlin said with a grin
    Navi looked confused
    "Don't think much of it, it all depends on your perspective after all, more importantly, you said I can strike a deal with someone to go to Marba, take me to that person" Merlin said as he looked at the croud searching as if searching for someone
    Navi nodded
    Merlin finally, soon to head to Marba
    "Now then,

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2020
    SpearOfLies likes this.