Spoiler Remarried Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by midnight reader, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't actually get the impression Rashta had a crush as such. On the contrary, I believe she may have thought, someone believes in her innocent self...she may as well establish herself as such in their eyes. Though it will be funny if she did end up with a crush on the Duke. Stupid shoe ends up losing his women twice over
    Can someone clarify, there was ambiguity over the child she has with Sovieshu, specially if it was his or not. Is there anything in the novel that hints she had an extra marital affair or is it that she was potentially already pregnant when she met Sovieshu?

avlirea, arlovebird, mmem and 3 others like this.
  2. yserieh

yserieh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty much heavily implied it's not his, though she is lives in her delusion it's Stupidshoe's. It has to be, because if it's not, if her fantasy is not made REAL, she will lose everything. This baby will tie her to Stupidshoe, even if she loses favor, she is the mother of his child and he will have to take care of her.

avlirea, arlovebird, Chenqing and 2 others like this.
  3. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh thankies!!! May I be a pain and ask about the implications? If it is in Rashta's head that the baby is the Emperor's, how is the novel implying otherwise? Do her ladies in waiting not know as well that she may be committing adultery?

4. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on what others have said, it seems likely that she was pregnant when he picked her up. I don't think we've got an exact timeline of when Stupishoe picked her up and when she gave birth, but for it to be his he'd have had to have gotten her pregnant within the first couple of weeks of knowing her and the baby be born premature.
    The other option seems to be that she was already in the early stages of pregnancy via her owner's son (the father of her 1st child) when she tried to run away. Even if we go by the 1st scenario I think she was pretty far along before that confrontation revealed it and she was just as surprised as everyone else. But without an ultrasound to check organ growth and such in vitero, its really hard to determine the conception date (its size at birth not really being a good indicator)

So (keeping in mind that babies can also be born like 3 weeks later than average as well) there's logically something like a 6 week window where she conceived and a good amount of that window is before she ever met Stupidshoe. We and he know she was in a sexual relationship with the owner's son. While his and Navier's sex life seems to be completely dead when the story starts, they had been married for a good while and that was not always necessarily the case (I'm wanting to say they were married during the horny teenage years). He'd been blaming Navier being barren as the explanation, but when news comes that she's pregnant not too long after hooking up with Hienley (though not scandalously quickly) that's proved false. So it now becomes possible that the problem's him, and that makes it odd that Rashta fell pregnant so easily.

I'm thinking it was always kinda sketchy that she was pregnant so quickly, but all the excitement about there finally being a royal child overwhelmed any concerns about gestation periods (a concubine born kid's better than no kid). But suddenly there's proof he could've had a child with Navier, the dependable and well loved queen, had he not screwed it up. And Rashta's "I'm just a sweet little Ingénue" act is falling to pieces as her schemes get even sloppier, making her assurances as to the paternity pointless. I'm sure that her being so invested in being admired and trailed after by men (as we can see in the translated chapters) doesn't help her case.

5. DAngel7

DAngel7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please give details/spoilers - I am really curious what happens to Rashta (I mean how did Sovieshu treat her) after:
    1. Sovieshu realised he is actually in love with Navier?
    2. Or especially after her incident where her face was injured?
    3. And how did she do with the Empress duties?

6. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks @InTheEther :)
    I very much get the feeling that really everyone just wants Sovieshu to suffer badly me included.
    I can't wait to see how the further chapters will unfold. English translator is also pretty good, we already nearing chapter 50 :)

rock.doll and Darcy like this.
  7. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    English translator split the chapters in half, so it's chapter 50 in eng. now but comparing with raws, it's only chapter 25 and half of chapter 26, so it's quite slow. There are more chapters in english but on patron by Crystal Crater Translations and have to pay to read more.

Darcy likes this.
  8. frostcrystal

frostcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think anyone here knows, unless it's been written in a blog somewhere (only EmpressNavier has been reading those, and they've been pretty good about posting what they find). Everything you're asking about is behind a paywall, and the free Korean chapters have not yet caught up to that point.

DAngel7 likes this.
  9. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks @rock.doll :) if I hit chapter 80 in English and don't see the divorce, I'll now know why...

rock.doll likes this.
  10. famine

famine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm, is there any spoiler for ch 87? Please?

syofiaa likes this.
  11. _BlissCity_

_BlissCity_ head above the clouds

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me? I don't really know what word to describe Rashta? Innocent? Stupid? Ignorant? How she acts really irritates me! As a woman, I can't stand her attitude of always crying whenever she encounters problem. Can't she solve those on her own?
    I know that she doesn't know the rules of aristocracy but MY GOSH that's not a reasonable reason.

Still, I really admired her talent for manipulating people's feeling/thoughts. But! For me, she's nothing but a seductress who doesn't know anything but to flirt! I would rather choose cunning/sly women than her! Atleast those women are not brainless. Most of them act mature and are aware of the consequences of their actions.

Sometimes, ignorant people are the worse!
    If they don't know something, then they must make an effort to learn it! Furthermore, I hate it when she always act like a victim. WHy the heck is she always acting wronged?! Duh, even if you are sad, why must you broadcast it to the world? Why not keep it to yourself? Or if you really can't fix it on your own, then ask advices or help. There is no need to ask for sympathy.

Hmphhh! (Sorry, I'm quite upset of Rashta's character because I knew someone like her)

I really like Empress Navier! I wish to be like her. She knows what she must do! And she is a strong, dependable, and intelligent woman. She is a model amongst women.
    I really like those female protagonists who are very strong.

Stilll, I only read chapters 1-50. My opinions are based from what I have read so far. Too bad, I can't understand other languages.

12. _BlissCity_

_BlissCity_ head above the clouds

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait! I must be wrong. Is there a difference between about being Ignorant and being stupid? Just curious.. ;)

stumblmer likes this.
  13. rock.doll

Reading List:
    Link
    No prob :) I also wanted to read, and when I saw almost 50ish chs translated and then 80ish something chs on patron, I was ready to pay to binge read everything but then I found that all chs are splitted and it's not even close to half of the released raws chs...:blobsob: Well, I don't have the right to complain, I'm a lazy bum not knowing any Korean so I'm thankful to Translator-san and waiting patiently for more chs. :blobpopcorn_cool:

14. rock.doll

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you, girl...:blobupset: Back in times, women were mostly like Rashta and very very few had the courage and impatience (with all the injustice/attitude) to be like Navier. My honest opinion is that Rashta is just stupid... in a sense that she is not educated enough to understand the society she is now part of. Maybe crying and acting pitiful worked when she was younger and a slave but she can't comprehend that this will not work in imperial palace and its environment, and in general this kind of behaviour will not work when you're older and already a mother/pregnant. She stupidly believes that what she is doing is right and the love she receives is real, which is not the case. Her mental comprehension is that of a 3 years old, throw a tantrum/cry and get what you want and she does not have enough education to understand the situation she is in at the moment, and because of this, she looks and seems to be ignorant. I would better say she that rather that 'being ignorant' she just does not get it, and when she kinda-ish get some hints that something is wrong, she chooses to do her 'damsel in distress' act because this is something that always worked for her rather than thinking of something more logical and even IF she tries to think of something ro ask for help, 1. she does not have enough knowledge to think of something good/logical and 2. she asks for help not the right people...she asks for help only people that are 'good' to her but she cannot get it that their goodness is false.

So, my conclusion is that she is rather stupid than ignorant, but stupid in a sense that she is not educated (not sure if she can read or write???). Her smartness is ....cry/tantrum = favors/love, and this always worked so why change?...and that is. Even if she tries to do something to change she chooses wrong methods and wrong people, and her mental/emotional development doesn't allow her to think more logically or broadmindedly. Logically I understand that she is really pitiful, but emotionally she is so damn infuriating! :facepalm:

15. InTheEther

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Rashta's real issues are just being really shallow and self-involved. Being able to manipulate people is a skill. Some of the conversation has reminded me of the ML's mother in Eight Treasure Trousseau. She's just a concubine of the emperor (not even the favorite), and if she has any family backing its never mentioned. All she's got is a fairly secure position as the mother of a prince and access to the emperor. But she uses it, sparingly but strategically, and helps her son get named heir at the last second. And part of her secret to success is NOT clinging to him too much or asking for things.

In Rashta's case, her priorities are messed up. She wants to be fawned over and spoiled by all and sundry. She's right to a certain degree that people are going to look down on her for being a slave. But with her shallow personality she's unable to read those around her and comes to the conclusion that those who are outright fawning and praising her are 'good' and on her side, while those who don't must hate her and be working against her. Hence Duke Ergi can get her to do all sorts of stupid stuff just by stroking her ego a bit. Meanwhile more reserved people, like Navier and that one lady in waiting Stupidshoe bribes to her side, are labeled as enemies even though they have no intention of acting against her (I think the lady in waiting might have helped after the fiasco with her old master calling her out had Rashta not pushed her away). As a manipulative person herself, you'd think she'd be able to work out that people aren't that transparent, but apparently not.

It's kinda a combination of princess syndrome and eternal victimhood. She sees that Navier is loved and respected and wants that. But she doesn't see the hard work that earned that love and respect. She just thinks that Empress position = the adoration of all. After all, doesn't she deserve it after all she's been through? It should just be hers.
    And yes, objectively she was a victim, but you've got to reign that in a little. (Its like IRL some people who have something truly unfortunate happen to them but instead of coming to terms as best they can, wallow in it and regularly whip it out for years or even decades later as the reason why everyone should bow to their whims and never call them out on their BS).
    She has no concern whatsoever about others, nor does it even seem to occur to her that they also have feelings. Deposing good queen who, while not fawning, never acted against her or made her life difficult? Blackmail a woman with the one source of happiness in her life of dealing with her serial cheater husband and wastrel son? Lying to a foreign prince about being his secret friend when you know darn well who it is? Continually approaching the woman who's husband you poached for validation? Why should these people be upset? Rashta's life has been so hard, what do they have to complain about! And why should she concern herself over politics when they don't help her? Why can't loverboy make everybody go to two big celebrations back to back, or kick someone out of a private event? He's clearly just being mean and she's not making things difficult.

If she could gain any level of empathy for those around her and develop the ability to consider anything outside her own wants, she wouldn't have ruined the cushy position she found herself in.

Riroza18, Chenqing, Neyva and 11 others like this.
  16. Horror_coffee

Horror_coffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so, spoilers for 88 + 90, sorry, got sick, rip me
    They arrive in the kingdom to many stares. Navier does her best to withstand this, remembering how Rashta got used to it. When they get to the palace, they say the queen's room cannot be used until after marriage. Heinley is very upset about this. Christa then arrives and suggests she use the queen's palace. They kind of snub Navier not referring to her as Queen, but Navier takes it in stride, using the opportunity to learn how she will be recieved. Christa asks if she really married Heinley immediately, and is shocked about this. A palace fellow noble guy says Christa is the queen they know and acknowledge. This might be messed up, i'm trying to do this quickly and am relying on memory somewhat.
    They're discussing the wedding, (Mckenna and Heinley) and Mckenna says no matter what Navier does, plan the wedding too extravagant or too simple, she will be criticized for it. Heinley then says, for the wedding, he will sing. (wat) Mckenna is happy about it, but Heinley is thinking of his brother and how sickly he was. How the kingship had weakened, etc, i don't really understand much. This seems imply it is a magic thing, and will make everyone excited or whatever and the heat will be taken off Navier.
    Next Scene is stupidshoe, stressing out over Navier's disappearance. Rashta walks in and is like??
    STupidshoe: stop hanging out with ergi
    Rashta: oh are you jealous?? Dont worry, you're the only one in rashra's heart~
    Stupidshoe: ok (he actually seemed to have said something about preaching and the subject got too heavy. I don't know. )

Scene change
    OK, apparently Rose is the sibling of the rude ass official who made a snub comment to Navier. He gives her a letter saying she is to be Navier's maid, saying that she is now to take up his work in observing the queen.

Scene switch to Navier sitting and reading when Rose walks in. Navier is alert around her and is prepared to act accordingly. Navier goes to the tailor with her new maid, asking for new clothes. Rose asks what style, and Navier leaves it up to her, to avoid criticism of what she picks.
    Later going down the hall they meet with the royal reporter.

Scene change
    It's ergi giving bad advice.
    Chap end yes.

Mi shiru, Amanda16, Riroza18 and 26 others like this.
  17. InTheEther

Reading List:
    Link
    It probably is referring to some kind of magic, but for some reason I've got a sneaking suspicion that Heinly is just a truly horrendous singer.

Tobbit, Xi-hime, syofiaa and 5 others like this.
  18. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    things are really heating up and I hope karma slaps back those nobles who go "we only recognize Christa as Queen" because that's the same thing as saying Heinley isn't their King :blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife:

Xi-hime, michoux, syofiaa and 2 others like this.
  19. Horror_coffee

Horror_coffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you'll have to upload them to an image sharing site and get direct links, rip.

Humbledaisy and lazynoodles like this.