Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's perfectly fine~! It even says in the OP that creators can talk about their own yuri works here.

Ubik and Sabruness like this.
  2. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh okay, was a bit nervous about posting it here. Anyways, the story probably won't be for everyone, since it is more about heartbreak than it is about fluffy romance. Though it takes place in the same universe as my one-shot I posted for the competition, so there'll be a bit of Poima and Rain later down the road.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New yuri series without drama (yet?) :
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/handsome_girl_and_sheltered_girl_ch01#1
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/709848
    Summary :
    Ooguma Satomi has never been in a relationship. One day, she fell in love with a handsome younger boy in her class, without knowing that he... is actually a girl.
    (Edit : Cliche plot but also rare XD)

Surprise ! It's from
    Majoccoid
    and
    Mochi Au Lait

Kinda looks like a oneshot but looks like it's a series with the "ch1". It's big long with 28 pages.
    100 chapters in and the relationship is finally accepted ? Not bad rythme.

Unless you say that they kissed reaaaaally earlier.

Also not bad to hear about modern romance yuri or a not quick transmigration yuri.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  4. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it was actually around 70 chapters in. But they did kiss once like 15 chapters earlier, FL kisses Mc, gave Mc time to think about her feelings, Mc agree to try dating which is like a 3-6 month contract, FL was overjoyed, she proposed 15 chapters later

She proposed, then there was drama about how FL and Mc’s daughter had a 99.9% DNA similarity, FL said it was her 3 years ago, they talk, then finally had sex
    Amazing really, too bad it only skims over the sex scene but we know they did it
    Sex scene chapter 77 & 78
    http://m.365mww.com/viewbook/9-22128-116.html
    http://m.365mww.com/viewbook/9-22128-117.html

We don’t know what happened 3 years ago, but FL somehow got Mc pregnant

Also, so adorable and embarrassing~ The morning after that intense night. Little Snowball woke up alone and saw there was clothes all over the floor, plates and candles on the table. So she picked them up and ran to her mother room. Meanwhile Mc and FL were still naked when the daughter opened the door and ran to the bed. Wanting to give her mother, who hiding under the bedsheets, a hug.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Yandere Devil likes this.
  5. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh ? Interesting. I thought there was an ex-husband that broke up. But wtf with her being the "daddy" ? Is it a futanari or omegaverse story ? I doubt omegaverse as in proposal i saw a sentence in proposal chapter say that "lily is not well accepted by everyone".

Edit: If it's yuri yuri, i kinda want to say WTF/bullshit to author.

6. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno how yet because I didn’t finish but it isn’t futanari and it isn’t omegaverse

7. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    New GL novel on Scribble Hub, written by @AliceShiki ~!

It's "Mage in Heroes' Guild", about a mage who joins a heroes' guild and gets in over her head. There's a slow-paced fairy x human romance and, best of all, no gender bender~!

Ubik and AliceShiki like this.
  8. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it interesting ? It looks like quick transmigration.

9. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t finished the other Chinese yuri novel but since I was almost done, I went to find another one. It’s called
    被系统逼着健身怎么办
    And it’s very interesting, a new concept

So the Mc was a sick girl since birth with a weak body, therefore her family dotes on her. She always wishes for a healthy body, and tadah, a system pops out of nowhere and grants Mc a healthy body. But in return, Mc has to exercise everyday and complete missions until the system lv up enough to obtain a real body.
    The summary is hilarious, I love summaries that has a mini theater:

Wen Wei, who is sick and sick, always wants to have a healthy body. One day she was selected by the system!

System: Great, I give you a strong body and a natural power! But you must maintain your health every month! If it is not reached, then it will become a female King Kong forever.

Wen Wei: what?! Can you still have fun playing? !

Mother's frightened face: My weak daughter is actually doing crunches most? !

Dad is amazed: The delicate daughter actually ran for an hour on the treadmill? !

My brother collapsed his face: Who can tell him why his so cute as a little white flower, a fragile sister... Actually punching a sandbag and punching a hole in the wall!

As a result, she was dragged into the entertainment circle and became a female martial!

Female fans: Our Wen baby thief wood is blessed! It’s just a handsome woman!

Male fans: The current sister is so domineering! Open your shame, we want it too!

Sabruness, Yandere Devil and Ubik like this.
  10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I was found! xD

I don't have that much planned for the story btw, I have a bit of backstory in mind, some drama and an idea of how the story will end, but most of it will be winged as I write~

Hope you enjoy it~

PS: Please don't expect to see much fighting and what not in the story, it's not an action novel the setting is there just because that's how the story shaped in my head.

Ubik, Moonpearl and Sabruness like this.
  11. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Futa BanG Dream! futa loli doujin that i shared raw before is now translated :

(BanG Dreamer's Party! 5th STAGE) [Kagero (Tadano Kagekichi)] Futari de Dekiru mon! (BanG Dream!) (English)

AsianessPride likes this.
  12. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hate this time of the year and weather that comes with it :blobsneeze: :blobsick:
    I won't quote the whole post but it's quite a massive view from "other" side. I don't know any of those stories mentioned but whole description with terms and routes and cliches was at least educational.

About mention of some yuri ones
    Wasn't there situation with kill or be killed? Harems situation like mostly were there were all bad. MC was dead nearly start of the story in the original. And leaving her alive even after aphrodisiacs bite MC later in the story. At least it was understandable.
    And who it was?
    Nice summary! I have a question how clear is MTL of the story?
    Nice to see another new story. Still, it bothers me in description that there will be a lot of tragedy....:blobconfused:
    It's interesting one too. You unearthed so many new ones... I wish I'll have time with whole bunch other ones to read them all. :blob_grin:
    And how was MTL in that one?
    Thanks for writing! Will see it later too. :blobcozy:
    ---------------------
    OK, now for what I think should be mentioning:
    on SH there are other new stories:
    Mahou Shoujo Reincarnation -
    The strongest of all the magical girls that existed in Tokyo S has started to depress into the path of a monster just like all the other powerful magical girls, in the midst of all her despair she soon finds a solution to all her problems that is to reincarnate into another world!!!!!
    Setting is not overused looks like fun but it's early to tell.

Cybernetic AI -
    Elena the daughter of Stone family who was born without magic power and no talent in martial arts live all of her life in her house on night she found........... (Author Note: All right i am not good at it read the first chapter to understand the story)
    Another one not overused setting. Girl in fantasy world that born without magic was forbidden to leave house only way out is political marriage as another wife of influential person. But she caught up some AI chip that contains another world knowledge. Without magic. And it was futuristic Earth. The start is strong could potentially be interesting.

And Zeroth Knight comes to SH too from RRL.

in manga there is new YH series: Pocha Climb! story of childhood friends that meet in highschool later and working with each other in wall-climbing club.

A Girl Like A Pilgrim -
    Aiko moved to Tokyo out of an adoration for Shinonome Shion, a mangaka whose work touched her so greatly that she reveres them like a god. What she doesn't know is that Mao, her lonely, gloomy next door neighbor, is actually Shinonome-sensei herself. Their complicated relationship grows deeper as Mao tries to keep her identity a secret while struggling with the pedestal that Aiko has unknowingly put her on.
    rather overused plot lately. I wonder from where they start appearing up? :hmm: Former or recent manga artist that is insecure and unkempt - check. An overly cheerful fan that help her - check. Still maybe it will be good. And it's completed at least.

and cute series of one panel stories A Hundred Scenes of Girls Love - from the author of "Yuri Moyou"

13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    New futa english NSFW doujin:
    [Sentakuki] Mae Kara Zutto (Futanari Sekkuru!!) [English]

Cliche senpai-kouhai student council + twintails / in short somehow a copy of Sono Hanabira eroge 1.
    I really like that finally i can see some futa + twintails + onee-sama/imouto twin-tails.
    But too bad, despite the good plot and sentences. The quality is somehow really amateurish. Couldn't become horny enough before the end.
    There is pubic hair too. I should happy normally but i am not because black pubic for blonde girl.
    Ubik replied before. Interesting. I also like it. It kinda looks like a random normal series but you say it's yuri ? Are you sure it's yuri ? Because for some reason the summary (despite being funny and joking like other CNs) forgot to talk about the waifu.
    Interesting... It would be nice if it is similar in spirit to Fairy and/or I Was Reincarnated but I Don’t Know Why (both series of yurikatrans). For people that don't know the series, basically it's ultra fluffy with MC being so OP that problems are destroyed as easily as crushing as... as... oops i don't know any comparison to show how easy it is. Also authors don't forget to show epic moments.
    Eh ? You think it got potential ? Not bad. Let's wait for more chapters.
    *Click on scribble link to see the cover again and verify if it's same summary i remember* Hmmm ? Didn't it have another cover ? It's an asian on the cover now.
    *Google on RR link* Hmmmm ? Was it changed ?
    Anyway it's one of the series that i didn't become interested in when i read the summary.
    Ooooooh, i skipped this one because of "drama" tag. Thx for giving summary. I checked author, trying to find other work so i understand the yuri style and no other work on dynasty beside this one so i was disappointed.
    As i am someone that already read the pages of the "100 yuri scenes" of this author on danbooru or dynasty, i am not interested in reading the serialization/manga of it.
    But maybe i will read it to check if i miss any or if author add new ones or add new ones that won't appear in danbooru/dynasty.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Ubik likes this.
  14. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely Yuri, and the kind of novel you would enjoy. All fluff no drama
    Like always, modern Chinese Yuri goes to the entertainment route
    The couple is Mc x Fl who is the granddaughter of the richest family and the #1 female celebrity

Yandere Devil and Ubik like this.
  15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    *Salivate* WTF ! You serious ? No jokes ? Guess i will check out this series ultra soon.

Edit: Geh ! Only 100+ chapters. I guess that is a normal number if you say that there is no drama.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Ubik likes this.
  16. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t be so picky, getting a Chinese yuri without drama is already really rare

17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I know I know. I think you misunderstood, i was just mocking myself/showing my reaction that i am ultra disappointed that i won't see the 2 girls for a long time + joking that despite it being a CN, it doesn't have a lot of chapters (Not yuri : the series "Martial Arts Master" is also a masterpiece no drama romance that doesn't look like a CN and only 755 chapters. PS: it was once before number in qidian china). But said right after that that the short length of the series can be explained by the fact that there is no drama.

I was not trying to say anything bad about it or that i disliked it.
    Edit: I forgot to say it but thx for the recommendation !
    Edit:
    "So you will follow me until I complete all the tasks?"

"Well! As long as the host did not accidentally die, even if it was only one breath, I would Will always follow the host!" Little ghost nodded.

Are you cursing me? Wen Xiao’s mouth twitched and looked at the little ghost in front of him. He saw the little ghost and smashed his head, and then suddenly realized (?) said.

"The host is assured, even if it becomes a vegetative or n-level disability, the little ghost will never give up, so don't worry! Try to do it!"

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  18. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has, but I have some hunch that it will be not for long. Author not a writer...
    But you even doesn't share this here, right? :blobtongue: So not counting.
    Near 100 chapters is a rather usual length of that kind of stories. But drama free fluffy thing - that is rare gem. Oh and if romance is starting in single digits that is or not chinese story or quick transmigration one. In 90% of what I saw couple established after 50% of the story. and about 75% of them it's after 80+% chapters.

Oh, and censorship in China continues. I found a rather funny thing that in September (09/03) two chapters Female Protagonist is a Blackened Villainess was locked in raws (jjwxc), one of them has number 23. If anybody could tell me why it was locked please enlighten me, because I'm out of ideas. :notlikeblob:

P.S. and I found one not so yuri but have some tie with yuri. But I want to share it. So spoiler, don't read if you don't like.
    I'm checking from time to time ANN (animenewsnetwork) for some news or license announcement or for yada yada other things ... Read today one news article.
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/da...peta-net-anime-premieres-on-october-4/.151060
    Simple story about new one anime season. Right? Maybe.
    Ok let's check news picture:
    [​IMG]
    The art style has some unique touches and news article confirm it. Character designs were made by Eku Takeshima. Yep, author of Whispering You a Love Song and other ones. It doesn't made whole anime yuri one of course. But maybe it will have something to watch for.

19. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Surprising flash of drama around the near end when
    the FL got kidnapped by a disgusting young master who wanted to marry her for status
    but I was satisfied with how
    Mc carried a 50 pound hammer with one hand and beat up everyone in her path then when she got to the floor the young master was in, she wacked him with the hammer and cut off his hand with the knife she took from the strongest henchman the young master had and saved FL on her own.
    The bomb squad and the mercenaries didn’t do shït
    Then they got married

All in all, very enjoyable
    Very fluffy and cute
    Dog food everywhere
    Not the best I’ve ever read but a novel everyone should check out

20. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On SH looks like there is some competition and one of the entries is yuri story.
    *Doki! *Doki!! Escaping My Dead End Future with Tears!
    Sold by her family slave prisoner escaping prison with whom she liked. Not the best but worth reading at least.

I understand that it's good but chapters about 6k symbols it's nearly twice as an average story. I respect the dedication to read it but it nearly about 3.5k translated/MTL pages ...... :sweating_profusely:

AsianessPride likes this.