Discussion Wuxiaworld D**k Move With The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by flowingcloud, Sep 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why i said in my original post, this mostly comes down to the author and translator since WW is just a platform like youtube.

It's like reacting videos on youtube. But the problem is, WW isnt as big as youtube so if anyone were to really go after WW, it may not result in WW getting shut down but will still deal a significant blow to WW.

I think they need to tighten more on to their legal side of things and have contracts with their translator wherein translators are 100% accountable to anything related to their translated novel, that way, translators can't exploit readers and atleast have a baseline performence so they don't hold novels hostage by having erratic chapter releases just so they can have moral translation rights to said novel.(i've read enough about this in the past, where popular novels are held hostage by translators who basically don't have a set scheduled release or have one but don't follow through and since they;re still translating, other translators basically cant take over since there would be 2 different translators working on one novel and would be ethically/morally wrong and would probably start a translation war where multiple translators would race to translate one popular novel for money)

2. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They had a discussion with Munpia and had to take down their completed Korean novels. Continuing the ongoing novels meant they must've reached an agreement with them, maybe a shorter temp license. Do you think they would've been allowed to continue without permission after Munpia or Korean publishers were made aware? ORV was transferred to QI from WW.

3. philosopher17

philosopher17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not sure who is at fault here, but the translator should have made a wuxiaworld announcement like all other TNE's announcements as a translator's note etc like they used to, about changes in posting schedule as an addendum to the latest chapter, which they haven't done this time around. Saying he wrote it in the forums is disingenious, because we know only a handful of people actually visit it, so casual readers are simply left blindsided.

It is fine and dandy to say that WW is just a platform, but it is a pretty small platform, not youtube where stuff goes through automatic curation, everything is hands on, so at least a mod or the translator themselves should give us a head's up.

4. flowingcloud

flowingcloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're actually the one spreading false info cause I never said the novel was finished. I only said that it started getting delayed the moment the author announced he was going to end it.

5. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    first the update in WW were delayed because author chapter were delayed (and probably the translator is keeping up to the author in patreon or WW vip or whatever and the free chapter x amount behind as ever) so no irregularity
    second my post is a copy+paste of a comment in reponse to someone that was saying pretty much what you were saying in WW chapter 635 (so if you take offense to words that i didn't say and weren't even directed at you, there is nothing i can do, go to a corner and lick your wounds)

6. Galooza

Galooza The One True Walapalooza

Reading List:
    Link
    Know what happens when you keep translating releases that have been stalled by the author? You run out. But, the translator can make the readers' wait more bearable by putting a shorter delay between chapters leading up to it rather than have a much bigger wait when they catch up.

runsing likes this.
  7. FudgeNouget

FudgeNouget Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    EDIT: https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/5230066/
    Shoutout to Jaspaar for putting in the effort to give evidence.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translator here.

This is potentially the stupidest thread I have ever seen in my entire life, but I will write this reply here in case OP wants an answer from the translator himself.
    I am not "holding back" on releasing chapters. I am caught up to the author. Do you want me to write the chapters myself???

Knowing how slow the author was in releasing new chapters, I turned off subscriptions to the advanced chapters well over a month ago, so readers who weren't previously subscribed can't even subscribe to read ahead. If I really wanted to "milk" the readers, I would not have done this.

Granted, I have not been making an announcement post for every delay the author has announced (because let's be real, he's been making more delay announcements than actual chapters themselves).

I've also asked other translators (Deathblade and others) about whether I should mass release all of the chapters once the author finishes, but I have been advised not to by them since the subscribers are paying for the benefit of reading ahead. I plan on releasing the chapters at 1ch/day schedule once the novel is complete.

>but honestly this type of move violates my own translator ethnics and I would never pull this type of move on my readers

If you're a translator yourself, perhaps you should take the time to investigate the truth before making a post like this one. Go read the author's announcements, check out WuxiaWorld's novel subscription page (would've seen you couldn't subscribe to TNE anymore), or at least read the announcement I have previously made.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    Ai chan, Matteus, DocB and 17 others like this.
  8. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Case Closed

9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do you think NUF would censor thread titles? You think RWX is Tony's boss or something? He is not.

As long as your thread isn't racist or something as bad as that, you can get away with pretty much anything.
    WW has contracts with all their translators. And generally speaking, if something goes wrong with a novel, the fault is usually of WW itself, not of the translator.

Granted, they did have one translator or two in the past that just disappeared, but those are the minority.

Don't treat WW as a fantranslation group, they're a proper translation company and they work like any business works. If something goes wrong, it's not the employee's fault, it's the company's.

kenar and Westeller like this.
  10. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His point of coming it down on the translator makes sense because while WW is a translation company, the translators currently have freedom over their novels. The control of sponsorships: when to open and close, how to set tiers, select editors, all this is up to the translators.

The translators on Wuxiaworld aren't their employees, they usually are contracted to translate a certain work (I could be wrong about this). You can find some WW translators working on other projects on other sites. Right now, as I understand, WW is a company that acquires a translation license and contracts a translator to translate it or contracts a translator and buys the license for him/her. Granted, it doesn't absolve them of the errors and mistakes the translator makes as ultimately it is their website.

rwxwuxiaworld likes this.
  11. Skaistise

Skaistise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translator isn't. The author is delaying the final chapter, not the translator.

13. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not about being a boss. It's about this being a platform to trash a translators reputation based on lies. Do you know how many people just read the first few posts? Well these first few posts only had negative info, so now everyone who read this morons thread now thinks of the translator as corrupt trash.

This SHOULD violate the rules, this is just BS. It shouldn't be allowed to drag someone's reputation through the mud over nothing, and then not even bother to redact the statement when other people did the research your dumb ass couldn't.

14. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct on every point (nice!), including the last one. When problems do come up, we address them. That being said, no problems here, and Fudge explained everything more than adequately.

It’s a natural byproduct of a model where 2% of the readers (the VIP supporters/advance chapter readers) support the 98% that do not; sometimes, interest collide. We generally try to balance interests, and I think Fudge has done a great job here. The only way to make it truly fair for everyone is a full paywall and everyone pays for every chapter, but that’s not a step I want to take.

Kuro_0ni, Westeller and Myriadfold like this.
  15. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    Jumped the gun on making this thread, feller HAHA

16. AeonicI

AeonicI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can we close this thread now???? Remove it even. It’s very misleading.

17. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the next thing u know people will throw around pussy, or penis in their title..

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    No it shouldn't. It's not the first time a translator group has been attacked in the forums nor will it be the last one. You want NUF to start censoring everyone that wants to complain about a group? That won't happen.

Or do you want WW to receive preferential treatment and be protected from slander because it's a big site? Because that won't happen either.
    No and no. There is nothing worth locking in this thread, it didn't break any rules.

And removal? That only happens for very serious offenses, this thread isn't even lock-worthy, geez.
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/search/44950964/?q=penis&o=date&c[title_only]=1
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/search/44950973/?q=pussy&o=date&c[title_only]=1

*shrugs* Doesn't seem to be a problem.

19. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Complain. No.

Literal slander with no factual basis. Yes. Don't allow people to blatantly lie about people in non-comedic ways on your website.

If there is any gray area let it be. There isn't here. This is a complete and total fabrication made to attack someone who has no responsibility for the problem. Ban it.

20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realize this doesn't break any rules, right? Asking NUF mods to start censoring threads on their whims when rules aren't being broken isn't the best thing for the forum's longevity. *shrugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.