Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is it, my last post on the (re)-watch of the drama series with my non-MDZS non-BL mom :blobparty: !

Someday, I hope to find back these posts and look back at fond memories with family members and friends here about my personal journey with CQL Untamed... :blobpats:

• The last 4 episodes were an absolute SQUEEZE. I had commented about how rushed and crammed (also, sometimes not well explained or not detailed enough) the plot is, and my mom has similar thoughts too. :blobpensive: Highlights of comments are:
      • Why are key people suddenly thrown in together? (referring to NHS, JL, JC etc. appearing)
      • Purpose and importance of Guan Yin temple not so well elaborated. The props look ok though, that's quite an impressive-looking Guan Yin statue..
      • Using the statue to block people at the front (those tied up) from seeing what's happening at the back (monks digging) is what she calls 'lazy script'
      • Keeps wondering why people are just sitting around, talking, doing nothing else, not even trying to fight and escape. Lack of action, too much talk. The talk is understandable because the story is trying to answer all remaining questions, and the best way is to verbalize everything. Should have stationed more Jin guards / monks to create a more intense atmosphere of the heroes being captured and held in captivity. The whole temple complex looks extremely empty, though the candles are nice..
      • :blob_plusone: for JGY's excellent acting and expressions. Even though my mom is biased against the character ("he's the bad guy, I can't emphatize or symphatize with him"), he plays a very smooth scheming villian ("the way he plays and twists his words is really good"). :blob_plusone: to the scriptwriters for adapting these lines so well, I guess!
      • The pain in LXC is evident. So :blob_plusone: to LHK for finally breaking LXC's calm exterior shell ("he's shaking, he's uncertain, oh he really looks like he's gonna break!")
      • JGY's backstory reveal is alright and essential to wrap things up, but not impactful enough.
      • The part about Wen Ning returning and being controlled by Ba Xia was a "Huh???" moment. Not explained enough!
      • Ditto for opening the coffin and finding NMJ plus head. A big "Huh???" there.
      • WWX's whistling was really eerie, coz we turned up the computer to max volume at that time :blobokhand:
      • Hoped to see more Wangxian, but was kinda disappointed because "Lan Zhan just keeps looking down like he didn't sleep well, and acts only when WWX is threatened". :blob_plusone: for the scene when Fairy came in and WWX hid behind LZ's sleeves. A rare comedy moment during these few gloomy verbose episodes.
      • :blob_plusone: to the bloody necklines caused by JGY's string on WWX and JL. My mom got worried and was like "They're really bleeding, right? It's real blood!" She winces
      • Seeing how music is used to control Ba Xia (first, with Gusu Lan's twin musical instruments, then later, WWX's flute) is appreciated because it's the final opportunity to see musical instruments being used... but due to not enough explanation of what's happening and why the music strategy is chosen... the impact is again, diluted.
      • Su She: My mom chuckled when he was chased out by Fairy. The rest of his apperances and dialogues pretty much flew by unnoticed. When he finally kicked the bucket, it was kinda meh.
    • :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone: for JC's tearjerker moment. He finally opened up to his gege, and gege forgives him. When JC apologises, my mom cried. WZC, my mom said you still look too fierce that your crying face didn't look so convincing... but :blob_plusone: to the dialogue lines that helped to flesh out the character and give this much-needed closure with the most impactful and touching way !!

• :blob_plusone: for the NHS "evil eye". It was just a second before he called out to LXC to watch out for JGY and stabbed the latter. I'm impressed my mom caught that moment, because I didn't in my first watch :blobastonished: She correctly guessed that NHS was the guy pulling all the strings and the 'guy who started it all'.

• Sizhui holding the toy butterfly is So Obvious. My mom was like "I think he's going to use that and reveal his childhood to WWX coz WWX is the last person who doesn't know yet". Scriptwriters, please don't spoiler the viewers so obviously and so clearly before its time :blobpopcorn_two:

• Ouyang's brief appearance caught my mom's attention when the guy was tending to WWX with lots of unnecessary questions,after they got out of the temple. She thought that it's because the 'young ones have much respect and concern for WWX (their mentor) compared to other elders at the scene'. Bravo mom, bravo :blobReach:

• After WWX left the temple grounds, JC's final reveal of what really happened in 16 years ago when WWX went out to buy medicines and was nearly caught by Wens, only to return to their inn and find JC missing - :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone: my mom had a few more tears there. She gets it that between those two Yunmeng siblings, there's no end of how much each have helped or sacrificed for the other, and there's never enough Thank You and Sorry's to express their actual care and concern for each other despite their cooling relations.

• Final drumroll... SIZHUI'S FINAL REVEAL TO (mommy) WWX :blob_teary::blobhug::blob_teary::blobhug::blob_teary::blobhug:. My mom complains (in a good way) that CQL Untamed is the first chinese drama series she's watched among so many others, that has caused her to cry so many times!!! :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom: Floodgates opened, but at least this time there was laughter in between because it's such a sweet and touching reunion. She kept going on and on about how A-Yuan was buried in the radishes, how much A-Yuan has grown, how sweet A-Yuan was when he hugged WWX's thighs. LZ was kinda forgotten there, although I did point out to her that it was LZ who rescued and raised A-Yuan single-handedly in the past 16 years.

• The rest kinda moved at its own pace. My mom already knows we've reached the end, and she was in a chill mood coz everything's concluded and she only needed to enjoy the remaining pretty sceneries, Wangxian gazing at one another, etc. :blobokhand: Enough of tears, just a satisfied smile that she can finally put the series behind her and finally go to bed coz her eyes are tired from crying the past few days... :blobsmilehappy:

• When WN and LSZ parted ways with Wangxian, she was alright with it because she understands that it's time that WN finds his own way/happiness and 'live with his own people'

• When LZ didn't move when WWX started walking away with Little Apple, my mom was kinda confused for a moment. "Shouldn't LZ go with WWX and travel the world.. coz they're a couple right? RIGHT?! Lan Zhan can't possibly go back coz his uncle still hates him, so he has to be with Wei Ying... right? RIGHT?!" (ah, thank you Wangxian for making my mom fall in love with your relationship!)

• Luckily the last shot with NHS explained about the Chief Cultivator issue.. she gets it when I explained that LZ probably has to stay coz he's now the Chief and has lots of stuff to do. She did a little hop on her chair when WWX guesses that NHS was the guy that 'started eveything', coz her earlier suspicion about NHS came true :blobokhand:

• Mom was awed by the huge waterfall in Cloud Recesses (when they played Wu Ji together for the last time). She also briefly commented during the last scenic minutes that "See how Lan Zhan looks at Wei Ying in all these shots. So loving and sweet" :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

• Final parting scene at the grassy cliff: I was crying, my mom was :blobamused: and said that "Lan Zhan will definitely go look for Wei Ying in the future, even if it's not shown in this episode... coz he's that kind of guy" (OMG mom how do you know!)

• Mom, Mom please pay attention to what WWX is wearing! It's super important! Remember and burn the patterns of WWX's clothes into your eyes!

• WWX plays the flute. I was already rambling inside and getting teary-eyed... :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:
        "Oh, he's wearing different clothes. Is this sometime later after they parted?" (yes yes yes Oh God yes)
        (Hears 'Wei Ying') "Oh! That's Lan Zhan! Did he come to pick up or meet WWX?" (aaaaaah yes yes affirmative yes)
        (WWX breaks into a smile) "Ohhh! He sees Lan Zhan, right? On the other side" (dies of happiness)
        (Screen changes to the thank-you note to MXTX and See You Next Time) "EEEEEEEH???!!! What?! That's it?! Is there another episode????" :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

That's all from me, and thank you for reading this if you've been following my mini-adventure of (re-)watching CQL Untamed with my mom.

Good night!

Heffalump and YaoiMom22 like this.
  2. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Done! (for now)

All four chapters are up, I'm totally exhausted from the CQL Untamed re-watch, and all the smut has been drained.. finally...!
    :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:

Sexy times with Wangxian (completed or "on hiatus", depending on how you want to see it)
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/20963498/

I lewded the boiled fish!! :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

3. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This now reminds me. Once he used the tiger amulet, those that died would also comeback as corpses. That's part of what the amulet does and why that night was even worse. She would have become a
    All he would have would be his smarts and whatever skills you have after losing your powers. He could still wield a sword, just not a cultivator one. The whole core business is tricky.

We don't even know what happened in burial mound. All that's ever said is he found an old book hidden in a cave left by an ancient master. If that's true, I wonder who the old master was?

If he controlled such darks arts, why doesn't anyone know about such a figure? If this book and cave were the only way to acquire the dark arts, no one wonder no one had been practicing them since there wasn't anyway anyone would find them or even think to look there for them.

WWX is smart. I wonder if he would have found a way to be strong if he had never learned of this book/cave. He's resourceful and doesn't give up so I think he could have done the unimaginable and surprised everyone.

All convenient accidents along with all our conjecture and things well never known.

I pretty much have the opinion that if it wasn't for WWX contribution to the sunshot campaign, they would have lost or it would have gone on for several more years. I'm totally arrogant in my opinion of WWX and his abilities and that he stands above them all.

I especially love it when JC gets reminded that he can never surpass him, that WWX will always be better than him. I can't stand JC. I think he's such a coward. It drove me crazy all those times he tried to stop WWX from aiding someone else.

It also drives me flipping crazy that he is still getting blamed for the destruction of lotus pier and the death of his parents. Honestly!! The wens would have gotten to you no matter what. They already attacked Gusu who were minding their own business. They didn't need an excuse or a reason. But of course it had to be WWX fault. God, I hate that.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  4. Lucasta MeiMei

Lucasta MeiMei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't think about that. Yanli might have been transformed into a corpse after Wei Wuxian used the seal. I'm feeling a little bit unsettled about it :blob_teary:

I don't think he can match a cultivator even if he is very skilled with the sword.

That's not true though? It's not explained what happened down there. Wei Wuxian figured out everything on his own. The book is not named the founder of diabolism for nothing hahahaha

Nope, I think so too. Wei Wuxian really played a big part on the war. Thanks to him they regained Lotus Pier and much more.

Well, he tried to stop him because he would put the sect and them in danger, which he did. If it wasn't for him getting all the attention, Lotus Pier might not have been targeted then and there. Maybe the Jin sect or the Nie Sect would have been instead? Who knows? Or the Gusu Lan again. Depends which pissed off Wen Chao the most in the cave.

I know Lotus Pier would have been targeted sooner or later, but I don't think they would be completely eradicated. Or maybe there would be the same outcome because I doubt they would yield.

The outcome might have been delayed though.

Despite what I said, I don't find what Wei Wuxian did wrong. And I am angry too that everybody blames him.

5. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    All this discussion, I need to catch up on, but for now, enjoy something for Wangxian, Wei Ying during his Yiling Patriarch years, but this is so adorable !! :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How many times did Wei Ying gave flowers to Lan Zhan? (I counted 2! unless I missed some parts lol) :blobmelt::blobmelt:

orematcha and setsuna3025 like this.
  6. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    After a good night's sleep and probably 80% of recollections of CQL Untamed gone, so I asked my mom what are her final comments about the series:

• If 4 to 5.0 is given for any averagely good c-drama series, and 8.6 is given to the action-packed mega thriller "Longest Day In Chang An" (when we first started watching the series, that was douban's score, now it's gone down I think), then she gives CQL Untamed a solid

:blobparty::blobparty::blobparty: 8.0 !!!
      :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:.

Actor's looks/actions, acting skills, props and settings, cg / audio / video effects, even the storyline are pretty average, she said... she even complained that the story is flawed or weak / too much dialogue in some parts (especially the last part with JGY), and not fully explained (she still asked "who is the ghost-masked man??")... so I asked what made her give such a high score if it was just "pretty average"?
      Her reasons - and this is coming from someone who has never read the novel, not "in tune" with the younger generation's tastes, and definitely not a BL fan:
      • It was unique setting where there are NO FEMALE LEADS, NO HET ROMANCES, AND VERY MALE-DRIVEN story,

• Wangxian is the main contributor here. She's not seen any drama series that features TWO STRONG MAIN MALE LEADS in such CLOSE RELATIONSHIP that doesn't "go the usual route of fall in love with the girl, start families and live happily ever after", and,

• THE PROTAGONIST, WEI WUXIAN - :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone: because his character is a rarity in the world of c-drama. She hardly remembers any MALE LEAD character as playful, happy, positive and so resilient in the face of such terrible circumstances... and usually such ancient/costume dramas are filled with dark gloomy, vengeful and violent stuff - yet overall, CQL Untamed is like a ball of sunshine that one can still laugh & cry and be happy with the way it turned out, because of Wei Wuxian :blobokhand::blobokhand::blobokhand:

I get the point that CQL Untamed's success (at least to my mom) is ultimately attributed to the original novel / story - the uniqueness of a BL story (male x male), not having typical female characters and their romance/antics/tropes, and WWX's interesting character.

So I asked my mom - Why don't I tell you one small (and harmless) tidbit about WWX's male x male experience from the novel, but which never appeared in the drama series?

She went - What? You mean what they do after the ending? They can go live together and raise rabbits. That's a nice ending, right? (she thinks that the male x male stuff happens after the ending, and had no idea that the relationship already started DURING the story, 16 years ago)

I hinted - Well... something more than that. Say, they actually kissed (I left out "and more") in the novel.

That stopped her in her tracks, and she was stir-frying vegs in the kitchen at that time :blobjoy: - Really... kissed?? You mean Wei Wuxian kissed Lan Zhan?? (men kissing each other is an outrageous act for her generation :blobrofl:)

I gave her a very abbreviated version of WWX's first kiss (the one at the archery/hunting event, where he was blindfolded and thought a passing-by lady kissed him, but actually it was Lan Zhan). This is the tamest kiss scene I can remember from the novel, coz it's just a little shy peck on the lips...

Her reaction was priceless: "LAN ZHAN?! He took the initiative to kiss?! But how?! He's not that kind of person, right? He's such a straight and righteous person and never says/does anything!
    If anything at all, Wei Wuxian should be the one taking charge of the kissing...!"

Fortunately, my mom didn't burn the stir-fried veg for today's lunch...

:blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

7. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Bathing : I listened to the bathtub scene from the audio drama, and read your comment... How many bathing scenes are there in the novel?
    The bathtub scene has WWX scrubbing LWJ's back (I think??)... So reading that LWJ bathes WWX back, is really sweet :blobxd:

2. Spanking : Do we get insights of why LWJ used the spanking method to punish WWX? (especially if he's the sort of person who deeply cares and wouldn't want to see his lover in pain)...?

One thought crossed my mind... I have the impression that LWJ was raised in a very strict Gusu Lan environment where slaps, whipping or getting beaten by those 'punishment planks' are common or even normal. So, maybe LWJ spanks because that is the "only" or most obvious way he knows.:blobthinkingsmirk:

I consider myself as a non-novel reader, btw, so I may be wrong...:blobnobully:

Thanks for sharing details from the novel. So, the adaptation into the drama series is really bad. I really wished to see more and productive discussion, actual action etc. from LWJ and LXC in that library scene. Oh well.:blobsleeping:

:aww::aww::aww: thanks for the author recommendations !!!

I haven't really started reading fics from AO3, but I've been going by the Number of Kudos... I hope that gives a good indication of what's good to read.

8. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a new thought.

Back in the tortious of slaughter cave, LWJ and JZ saved mianmian first. WWX saved her from having a debilitated face but the former two protected her first.

WWX gets all the glory eh?

9. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    The picture is very cuteee! I think there's only 2 too. I'm not that sure.

Don't know exactly.

I'm not sure if LWJ baths him in the extras or the last two chapters after everything is solved. It's not that explicit. Wei Wuxian just explains that he is too tired to wake himself up, thus Lan Wangji bathes him, changes his clothes etc. It became a morning ritual of some sort I think hahaha.

There was this one scene when Wei Wuxian came back after a night hunt with the juniors and Lan Wangji insisted for him to bath. The poor guy had to refuse Wei Wuxian to bath together because and I kind of quote: "we've been in Cloud Recesses for four days and four of our bathtubs broke." Hahahahahaha

Anyway they do it on the bed and Lan Wangji prepares a bath for him and puts it near his desk and starts grading papers. (He doesn't help him here, but I find the scene too good)

Wei Wuxian stays in the bathtub and helps with a portion of those paper.

That's the most domestic scene I ever saw and I loved it so much. Especially since Wangji gave SiZhui an A and JingYi a B (he was the only one with a B :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:)

Hmmm. This is an extract from the novel.

Wei WuXian was born with a thin waist and thin hips, but there was quite a lot of flesh on his backside. Lan WangJi’s fingers sank deep into the meat, squeezing and rubbing. Soon, there was a noticeable area of bruising. Wei WuXian felt his entire body itch from the inside out, his buttocks aching from the rubbing. He couldn’t help but push away one of Lan WangJi’s hands. Yet, Lan Wangji seemed to be extremely dissatisfied by such a gesture. Frowning, his face darkened, and Wei WuXian’s buttcheek was afflicted with a loud, hard slap. The sound echoed crisply.

At first, he was upset he didn't let him keep his hand there hahaha.

Then he became more upset when after the first slap Wei Wuxian shouted "I'm not doing this anymore" and got off haha. He made him all hot and bothered and suddenly left.

He does care about Wei Wuxian and wouldn't hurt him. Wei Wuxian stated that Lan Wangji is rough in bed and he likes his aggression and he also said that those slaps didn't actually hurt. He was just embarrassed. And I think Lan Wangji noticed too since imo Wei Wuxian was more aro_sed than usual.

I think that it was also something new and wanted to try it more.

After they woke up Lan Wangji patted once and softly Wei Wuxian buttocks and the latter made him promise to never hit him there again.

Lan Wangji agreed without hesitation and sadly we don't hear about these stuff anymore.

Cloud Recesses does indeed give punishments a lot I guess. But I don't think they give it on the buttocks :blobjoy::blobjoy: It's possible for him to associate these stuff in the heat of the moment and the result to be spanking hahaha.

I can't say if it's really bad or not (didn't see it until the end) Every adaptations has its ups and downs.

But I can say the novel is much better than most of them (maybe the audio drama is equal to it? I didn't listen to it yet, only a few scenes and I honestly liked what I heard hahha)

She hid behind them and they refused to move. True they started the fight first, however Wei Wuxian held a sword at Wen Chao's throat. Which is worse? Fighting the slaves or going directly after the 'leader'.

Of course Wen Chao would hold a bigger grudge on Wei Wuxian. To not say that he succeeded to defeat the tortoise too with only one other person.

I might be wrong here though since I remember what happened in the donghua more than in the novel.

But they did a very good job with the first season and I think it's kind of reliable. Even if they changed a few stuff.

I just reread that part and is indeed what happened. He also mocked Wen Chao verbally, reciting from their 'book' and making a fool out of him.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  10. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Which fanart do you mean?

I usually start looking at MDZS fansites in tumblr first, then try my luck in Pinterest.

You might also get lucky with Vietnamese sites if you can't find the goodies in English sites. I'm not able to navigate much around Chinese websites so I won't be able to help there..

Wow, that would be an awesome AU fic idea !!! :blobokhand:

At least from CQL Untamed perspective, I can take a guess:
    • Wens imprison WWX. At best, he gets beaten up badly. At worst, he loses an arm coz of Wen Chao's mistress grudge. In either case, they make sure WWX becomes golden core-less (even if he's already core-less). And he will still find a way to escape, maybe with WQ's help or not. (JC is too weak to save WWX plus he needs to protect Shijie)
    • WWX reunites with Shijie and JC... JC takes lead and takes them to safety. They should eventually find their way to Nie's stronghold coz that's where all the surviving good guys gather.
    • 3 month timeskip still happens. WWX reunites with LWJ and everyone at Nie's.
    • WWX will want to contribute to the war against the Wens. Since WWX can't draw out Suibian anymore, and assuming everyone becomes aware about this (they can assume that WZL destroyed his core, WWX will not reveal about the truth)... WWX could probably serve as a strategic advisor or if he can still fight, then he'll probably stay as support for JC or LWJ.
    • Assuming LWJ already has "feelings" for WWX during this time, having the chance to fight alongside each other (and spend quality time together) with none of the "dark arts" nonsense... Wangxian can blossom during the war against the Wens. Brothers-in-arms or otherwise...
    • I don't know if the missing black sword from Xuan Wu cave can play a role here. If it's not destroyed, and still in WWX's possession, he could be forced to wield it during a particularly desperate fight (and against LWJ's wishes). I don't know what the sword does, maybe it will "take control" of WWX's consciousness the way cursed Ba Xia took over WN at the Guan Yin temple scene. Without the knowledge to control it (with whistles, flute, etc.), he could end up controlled by the dark energies, and disappear from everyone (with or without mass killing).
    • In any case, Wen Ruohan's powers are too strong and he wipes out the good guys when they get too close to his Nightless City. The Gong Zis will survive, probably. Or captured.
    • Meng Yao, who had been supplying intel to LXC, will probably be found out and punished for his treachery. At worst, he dies.
    • WQ and WN will be fine.

11. lovejiangcheng

lovejiangcheng New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i like your mom's reaction of watching CQL(y)i hope she can also watch the BTS of CQL so that she can see that lan zhan and wei ying have a happy ending;)

12. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    I was able to find it. It's an NSFW fan work of the incense burner chapter of the novel. I can send you the link if you would like.

I don't even know where to find those sites you mentioned. I am interested though. When I was looking for this fan work I lost, I did find many other works but many of them were private due to censorship and I would have to pay to view them so that got me bummed out.

Also, not a bad take on a future where WWX didn't get thrown into the burial mound. I like it.

The sword is just a regular sword the tortuous had swallowed 400 years ago and had been collecting resentful energy ever since.

If he doesn't know the dark arts, then he wouldn't be able to make use of the sword in the same way he did when he made the tiger amulet out it. I think he would be hurt by it if he tried to wield it as a normal person since it's resentful energy is so strong. Even those with cores would struggle to handle it.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  13. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha... I will try. It's tough though, coz she's moved on to the next c-drama series. I'm trying to at least get her to watch the MVs with the excuse that I needed her help to translate the lyrics to me (and therefore get her interest in CQL to stay).

I have tons of bts clips, though I'm not sure if someone of "that" generation will find any interest in looking at young boys flirting with one another and fooling around during work :blobsweat_2:

I did show her some pictures and videos of Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo. Unfortunately, she's on a different level than most of us. At her age, those boys can be her kids / grandkids and she doesn't find either of them attractive nor special :blobexpressionless: She thought Yibo looked really young and kept asking if he's still in college.. :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

Ah alright, I'm glad you found the missing fanwork :blobokhand:

I started looking in Pinterest, coz it has a nice mix of fanarts from English-speaking and more importantly, from chinese and vietnamese communities. So, if you follow the treasure trail - you'll know you're on the right track when you start seeing chinese / vietnamese words all over the artworks - you can trace to the source.

I don't have the links anymore, but there are some Wattpad accounts that are filled with tons of MDZS fanworks collected by vietnamese fans. It's hard to find these because you need to know how to search with vietnamese words.. so try to Pinterest method, and go from there :blobhero:

Chinese works are tougher to trace to the source, because they're usually stowed in chinese site or places that are not so friendly / need payment for navigation (e.g. weibo, lofter, some commercial sites, etc.)

That's my experience, maybe others can chip in too :blobReach:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the "what-if" scenario where WWX doesn't get thrown into the Burial Mounds.
    • If I take your point that WWX cannot / will not / barred by LZ to use the Xuan Wu sword.. so that means he will never crack the secrets of the Stygian tiger amulet or the resentful energy behind it. That kinda leaves him with just the option to use regular weapons to fight against the Wens...

• I have a thought that WWX can use the bow (like a sniper) and support LWJ while the latter charges with Bichen towards the enemy's front. He doesn't need superhuman strength to use the bow to kill Wen soldiers... like how he taught Wen Ning to shoot rocks falling off the waterfall, it takes accuracy to kill, not brute strength.
      Or, both of them do ranged attacks: bow + guqin makes quite a cool combo, where LWJ can first stun enemies at wide range with the guqin, then WWX can use his archery skills to pick off the Wen soldiers a few (e.g. 5) at a time. Plus LWJ can protect WWX better when he's close to WWX.
      They'll still have problems with the levelled-up monsters though (the ones that wear ugly masks and look like they're made out of stone).

• Actually, this whole "what-if" scenario works out better than I expected for Wangxian and generally for WWX's happiness. As long as key characters survive even as their homes burn down, he doesn't have to go through all the pain and suffering.

• JC will be happier because he can fight, and really act as the family head to lead the surviving Yunmeng clan members. And he has WWX by his side without worrying about people badmouthing WWX which affects JC. And because both will be really close, i.e. Yunmeng's Twin Heroes (with WWX actually fulfilling his promise to fight and serve JC), JC will be able to sort-of influence WWX's life so that the latter doesn't go astray too far with wild ideas about dabbling with dark arts and other unconventional ways of doing things...:blobwoah:

• Shijie lives, and if JZX lives too (because he can survive being attacked even by levelled-up monsters, so he must be quite good with his swordfighting) ... then both may eventually get married anyway.
        Without JGY's inteference (because he's stuck with the Wens or killed off), Su She will have no means nor reason to escape his pitiful existence as a second-rated Han Guang Jun, Wen Ning never having to die and turned into Ghost General.. so Jin Ling can be borned and never orphaned..!:blobReach:

• I don't really know where to put Xue Yang in this AU story. Assuming the Wens pursue and catch up to the thief, it would mean Wen Ruohan gets all 4 pieces of Yin Metal, Xue Yang punished/killed, then XXC and SongLan would never have to part six? years later.:blobunsure:

• Too bad for LXC, he doesn't get anyone in the end since A-Yao is out of the picture. It seems it's his destiny to be "foreveralone" in the end... :blobconfounded:

• A-Yuan will be raised like a good Wen, and I think he will be as kind hearted as Wen Ning (they're related anyway). Maybe Wen Qing will have a hand in raising A-Yuan, so we may have a successor for 'the greatest Wen medical doctor' in him..! :blobthinkingsmirk:This means there will be no Lan Sizhui, unfortunately. Lan Jingyi won't have his best buddy around, though I think he'll get along fine with Jin Lling, that Ouyang boy, and other young disciples if they or their parents survive the whole crisis, somehow.

• Assuming Wen Ruohan wins the endgame, I'm pretty sure his first move will be to kill off the family heads to severely weaken the clans, and as a clear warning to any future rebellions. Bye bye to: JGS (good riddance :blob_coffee:), Nie Mingjue (sorry, da ge, you're too hot tempered to be let alive), LQR or even LXC (I hope LXC lives and LQR takes the killing blow because, you know, that's how Uncle shows his tough love). I think JC will be allowed to live, because he's still so young and terribly easy to be influenced (look how easy JC falls into JGY's twisted words and when people start to badmouth him)... but he'll be one helluva broken man by then. :notlikeblob:

Gong zis could be let off with the excuse that they've all attended the Wen's classroom, and have received Wen's teaching, therefore could be seen or further worked on to obey and serve the Wens + promise that they'll still get to live good lives (assuming these Gong zis do not rebel further). I'm sure NHS will be the first to jump at this opportunity. :hmm:

• Pray that Wen Ruohan sees things in a better light once he wins, tells Wen Chao to stay down and not kill off everything that Papa Wen tried so hard to conquer. If I go by what Wen Chao's mistress said.. as long as the subjugated sects surrender their powers, wealth and influence, the Wens will let them live (as servants, slaves, colonies, fodder for Yin Metal experiments, whatever... etc.). The price to pay includes having their homes turned into Wen outposts.. but that's actually not too bad, considering that majority of the general population gets to live. :blobneutral:

With all things said.. I wonder how does "WWX gets thrown into the Burial Mounds" actually adds to the Wangxian end-goals. From CQL Untamed, the biggest glaring effect is that the couple gets separated so painfully, and that WWX suffered so horribly, that LWJ finally realizes the magnitude of his misjudgement on his black-and-white worldview, on WWX's pure-sunshine character, and also the gossipy people around him, that he becomes WWX's most loyal companion for the rest of his life. (I mean, look at how many times and under which circumstances where LWJ sheds a tear...)

BUT, if WWX doesn't get thrown, he'll still continue to stick to LWJ and they will become good friends (xiongdi, brothers in arms, etc.) and eventually develop feelings for each other over time (assuming Fate has its own ways to get this done)... just that it doesn't have to happen so violently (i.e. no need for anyone to commit suicide by jumping off a cliff), and in fact, they can fall in love sooner than, say, 16 years.
    Not bad, really.. :blobsmirk:

14. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally loved your Mom's reactions right till the very end! And yes, the actors and their characterizations play a huge role in the success of the series, despite flaws in the storyline and a weaker script. I think everyone of us 'smile' everytime we see Xiao Zhan smile, how can we not? He is a gem.

15. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHAHHAHAAHAH AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: SO CUTEEEEEEEEEEE AND FUNNY. :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:. wei ying being bombarded by flowers from the spectators aghhahah and lan zhan be like wei ying???? u ok? still alive? can breathe? HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

and is tat wei ying tryin to make up an excuse when wei ying talks to lan zhan b4 havin flowers thrown at him and aft tat being buried in it ahahhahaha:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

Sauling likes this.
  16. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I so wish there was dialogue to this because it's just so extremely adorable!!

I think Wei Ying gifted Lan Zhan's a flower in this one is because he wanted his attention and when Lan Zhan finally gave him that attention, while holding that flower, Wei Ying probably can't take that adorable look when Lan Zhan was looking at him so adorably thus he hide in a bunch of flowers (because his heart was beating so fast)?? I don't know that's one take I think might be what this fanart might be about :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

@setsuna3025 , did your Wei Ying nendoroid arrive for you yet or are you still waiting for it?

setsuna3025 likes this.
  17. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahah wei ying being so flustered when lan zhan respond to him ahhahaha and wan bury himself in flowers? ahhahahahha. lan zhan will always make wei ying go crazy wif his deadpan face and sayin those lines tat wei ying heart cannot handle ahahhaha,

nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee still waitingggggggggggggggggggg urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh think nov den com knn

Sauling likes this.
  18. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    You said so much and I like how much thought you put in to all of it. I am just going to pick on this part here because I was thinking about this last night.

It really all starts with JShan. If not for his lecherous ways, pretty much everything could have been avoided aside from the war with the Wen sect. That was going to happen no matter what.

JShan slept with a prostitute and abandoned her and his son creating a child seeking vengeance, JYao. This then creates the JYao route and all that is happens and is influenced by him.

JShan was greedy, wanting power, so he tried to get WWX's power and failed. This is why he cultivated Xue Yang because he could do similar dark art stuff as WWX. This then creates the Xue Yang route and all that happens and is influenced by him.

No JShan equals no JYao or Xue Yang. Many problems avoided and lives saved. Damn. Talk about a domino affect here. Just one man and it causes such a catastrophic ripple effect.

19. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I remember seeing a similar fanart to express your scenario XDD Lan Zhan isn't really good with words, but when he actually say it in such a dead-pan face, it can even make the shameless Wei Ying go crazy where his heart couldn't handle it, and that's simply so adorable, how much Lan Zhan can affect Wei Ying just as much as Wei Ying can affect him :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

I'm still waiting for 2 of my pre-order too urgh... (and that one of them was set to release in September...) :blobexpressionless::facepalm:

Did they respond to your email before when you sent the request?

20. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me how Xue Yang died? For some reason I can't remember at all.