LCD World's Greatest Militia

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by INeedAHiiro, Oct 10, 2019.

1. INeedAHiiro

INeedAHiiro Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NU Link: World's Greatest Militia
    The first of several novels translated and licensed by Meteor Strike Media. We hope you enjoy!

[​IMG]
    Description:
    The moment when mercenary leader Kwang Hwi receives video game like abilities, the world is suddenly thrown into chaos. A thick fog envelops the Earth, bringing with it savage, otherworldly monsters. At the same time humanity has been rendered defenseless against this onslaught, as the strange fog turns most weapons to rust. With mankind spiraling towards oblivion, it is up to Kwang Hwi, with his new abilities, to save the world. Watch as Kwang Hwi leads his militia and becomes the last bastion of humanity. Will he be this world’s savior, or its conqueror?

Also don't forget to notice this gem in Chapter 3:
    They couldn’t be certain, but in the worst case scenario, the entire country of South Korea… no, the entire world had just lost all of their firearms.

‘Only I can get a gun?’ Kwang Hwi almost snorted in derision. It was like a bad web-novel title.

One by one, he looked each of his subordinates in the eye, and then spoke. “It looks like it’s time to get the band back together, ya hear?”

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Arlos311, Vayeon, pioverpie and 4 others like this.
  2. NeriaTL

NeriaTL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I'm one of the translators working on WGM along with two other novels.
    Our team have put a lot of passion and love into this series and we wanted to start the discussion!

Ch 1: Our MC starts off with 100,000 Merit Points. Pretty OP! Just don't call out on me for MP. I-I blame my editor! /s

Ch 2: Kwang Hwi [光輝] means "radiating light" or "glory." His last name is Baek [白] which means "white."

In the original Korean text, Jackson speaks in English time to time. We used bold text to highlight the English words.

Ch 3: When I asked the author what 'Keku' meant, he said it was a random name he could think of. Ever since then, it became a meme within our group as it was originally translated as 'Kek' or 'Cake.' You can see the monster in the background of the cover art. He looks so badass our author was like "My baby looks like a final boss!"

Also, there is the infamous line "Only I Can... " which is a reference to the Solo Leveling also known as Only I Can Level Up. It's not just Solo Leveling, but popular novels with similar names as it became a trend in Korea. It's similar to Japanese titles you often see like "I Reincarnated in Another World...." or "The Villainous...."

Ch 4: It's funny because in Korean 함정 means "trap" but it could also mean "navy." I had to read ahead to see what it really meant. Thank God the novel was completed in Korea.

Ch 5: Our proofreader sent a link to this video after reading the chapter and I couldn't stop laughing.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  3. KukiAme

KukiAme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    upvote, looks promising

4. Beholder

Beholder New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks promising so far.
    Will be keeping a watch on it to see how the story unfolds.

5. Arlos311

Arlos311 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Look amazing so far. Nice pick! :)

6. NeriaTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch 6: Just as planned.... not! When the door creaked open, I laughed a bit.
    Asides that, we're introduced elite monsters. I'm excited to see them re-appear in the future.

Ch 7: "MY NAME IS KWANG HWI BAEK" is going to be a meme I swear...

Ch 8: A friendly reminder: [Unable to display the following page due to a network error.] is the actual text from the novel. It's not a website error. We had some people ask if the chapter wasn't loading properly.

Ch 9: Medium Tactical Vehicle is a vehicle made by Kia. There should be functional military vehicles around the world as long as it didn't have weaponry mounted inside the carrier compartment or rooftop.

Ch 10: It's funny because Keku are considered cannon fodders at this point, but we drew them to look so OP in the cover art. I mean, they are really strong! It's just that our MC is too OP! But then again, why would anyone read Korean novels without expecting the MC to be an OP "Munchkin?"

먼치킨 [Munchkin] is just a weird term coined by Koreans to describe "an overpowered character who progresses the game all by himself, monopolizing all rewards." Solo Leveling is like a perfect example of Munchkin. It's like you disregard everything else to power level [The Gamer? LMS? Overgeared?].

7. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m hoping this is like the Last Hunter...which despite flaws, many, many flaws, I adore.:D

Ch. 1: BUMP STOCK!?!?!?!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Ch 4: P90?!?!?!?! Are you frikking visiting a Star Gate?! Give them HK G3!!!! The FN 5.7 is a good, controllable round. But given the vitality of the monster, and the possibility of natural armor, going with a full powered 7.62 might be best considering the first one took MULTIPLE rounds. Though it’s not wrong if his squad is Very familiar with the P90...I do approve of the importance of comm gear. +1.:p

Ch 5: It does seem like sustained automatic bursts are required...hmm.

Ch 8: I thought he was making them do pushups...(standard punishment in ANY military organization):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    NeriaTL likes this.
  8. NeriaTL

Reading List:
    Link
    He's making them do this.
    [​IMG]

You can see Korean students do the same in few k-drama series.
    It's to lower your position in front of the superiors.
    If you maintain the position for an extended period of time, it works as a great exercise.

As for the 7.62mm... the good guns are saved for later! There's just so many weaponry (and monsters) we need to explore!!!!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    userunfriendly likes this.
  9. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    im hoping to see him issue MG 42s...let the monsters hear that sound of ripping sailcloth, and wet themselves, like American Servicemen did in WW2. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    I had NO idea about this position...:ROFLMAO:

I can’t wait until the guy gets enough points to issue Abrams. :eek::eek::eek:
    And the energy class...:eek::eek::eek: Phased Plasma rifles?!:D

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    “You can’t come with us.”:ROFLMAO:

I’m sure every veteran has dreamed of dumping incompetent general grade officers.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vvvvvvvvrrrrrrooooommmmm!!!!!!!!! Vvvvvvrrrrrrroooooommmmmm!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

APC!:D

11. NeriaTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch 11: Dongducheon General Hospital [동두천 제생병원] is an actual location in Korea.
    [​IMG]
    I love how the Korean novel takes place in locations I recognize.
    It's always cool to look them up and see how the story is progressing.

Ch 12: This image took me 30 minutes to make. Just to make sure that the text fit in each cell.
    [​IMG]
    Originally, floor guides look something like this in Korea.
    [​IMG]
    But I didn't like how it appeared in the first draft and decided to use tables instead.

Asides that, I always wondered why the people were tied up in the hospital when Kwang Hwi found them.
    When we asked the author on discord...
    [​IMG]
    We'll never know:blobpopcorn:

One of our readers in Discord pointed out that there was a mistranslation in chapter 12.
    [​IMG]
    Apparently our editor was trolling and we kind of forgot to fix it before the release.
    There are a lot of these casual jokes we jab at each other during the translation process.

Ch 13: The red rectangle clearly took inspiration from Fortnite. Just me?

Ch 14: 득탬 is a MMORPG term known as 'drop item.'
    But, it also means "getting an item" and the popularized translation used in Mario is 'Item Get.'
    [​IMG]

Ch 15: Student Council President in Japanese is 'seitokaicho.' While translating this entire chapter, I had to read Kaguya-sama: Love Is War a few times. It has been a while since I graduated from school, so I had to polish up on some of the terminologies.

12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    M32 and M32 A1 Grenade launcher...

:aww:

Shooting the M32

:ROFLMAO::blobhero::blobpopcorn:

Enjoy!:blobparty:

Edit: New chapter!

Following the rule that all KR webnovels have to have cliffhangers every chapter...:rolleyes:

Grim situation.:(

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    NeriaTL likes this.
  13. NeriaTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr? I think it partly has to do with the fact that they release on daily basis + have to monetize the work.
    So to encourage readers to buy the next chapter, it always end in cliffhangers.

And funny enough, the SFX for shooting M32 is PO-OF in Korean

14. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    And the M32 is a WIND-UP gun...you wind the revolving cylinders.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    The man with a gun in a country of clubs is king.

Moar, I really want to find out what justification he has in arming the MC only...:p

Does the background make ANY sense? NO!:rolleyes:

NeriaTL likes this.
  16. NeriaTL

Reading List:
    Link
    I also find it hard to grasp how monsters are appearing out of thin air.
    Just wait until chapter 23, which is end of vol 1.
    It's pretty hype!

17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Feel like posting a spoiler?:aww:

or just a hint?:p

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  18. NeriaTL

Reading List:
    Link
    The Blister Lord re-appears and Jackson gets into trouble.

19. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Cooking?!!:ROFLMAO:

Why am I not surprised the marketing major landed on his feet?:rolleyes::D

20. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it seems not everyone is a complete moron...or they were really, really hungry.:p