Supernatural + History + Fantasy = Difficult [Answer = Remove Fantasy]

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Zone Q11, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean... if it's something like Noblesse (Manhwa), then sure. But... something like voodoo won't trick people very well.
    ...OH GOD.
    *uses wikipedia*
    OH GOD. He was a citizen of Country X for about 30 years, and I have made it so that there can be multiple entities from different states! :blobfearful:
    How the hell do I... you know what, I'll leave this to the Super NPCs.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  2. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    disaster-girl.jpg

3. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Possible future quest, smuggle Mr. E into safety

Zone Q11 likes this.
  4. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know much what the Red Scare has to do with this, but I think that keeping the beastman species to 1 species only is already enough.
    In RWBY, when faunus' from different races mate, their offspring's trait will be random. I do not wish for any mad scientist to research how the heck that works in my world.

As for the nation... if it was werebeasts, then they might be able to hide, but beastmen... not. Remember; the population of the humanoids (per species) will be lower than New Country X's population, so the humans will always have the advantage of numbers.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  5. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    You mentioned mutants earlier. Which seems more like a fantasy race and which one seems more like a mutant?
    Noblesse is a major influence to my ideas yes.

6. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, I cannot do that.
    Secondly... Bern, Zurich, Berlin... escaped to U.S. in 1933 due to background... YES! He should not be copied! Now I don't have to worry about having a historical figure in my world!
    ...wait, who are other historical figures from Country X?

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  7. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    10. Otto von Bismarck (1815-1898) Politician responsible for the creation of German Empire in 1871, and its first chancellor. Bismark is credited with uniting the states of Germany and pursuing a relative moderate foreign policy of keeping the peace. (Seems really important to the lore)

People who would be willing to stand up to mistreatment of people, but I dont know about beastkin and the likes.
    4. Sophie and Hans Scholl (1921/ 1918 -1943) – The Scholls opposed the Nazi ideology of Hitler’s Germany and distributed anti-Nazi propaganda to students in Munich. Both were executed for high treason.

Martin Niemöller (1892 – 1984) Lutheran pastor and anti-nazi theologian. Born in Wiesbaden. He was a founder of the Confessional church which sought to reject the Nazification of churches.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer (1906 – 1945 ) A Lutheran Pastor who was an influential critic of Hitler and Nazism, executed in 1945. He publically spoke against the Nazi policy of euthanasia and the murder of Jews.

You probably meant people like this?

Max Planck (1858 – 1947) German theoretical physicist who contributed to the development of Quantum Mechanics. Awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918.

Otto Hahn (1879-1968)German chemist born in Frankfurt. Hahn discovered nuclear fission (1939) and was a pioneering scientist in the field of radio-chemistry. Awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry (1944)

Karl Benz (1844–1929), German inventor and entrepreneur. Benz developed the first practical petrol-powered car, gaining patent in 1879. Benz also became a successful manufacturer.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  8. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    I just looked up famous Germans so I dont even know if they were in Germany during the "rip" or not

Zone Q11 likes this.
  9. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm... That was written before I had forged better ideas though? After all, at the time, I did not even consider to not use magic in this world.
    As for mutants... I mean, you should already know how mutants mix with history, given the X-Men series. This time though, I limited the "border of the world", so I wonder what would happen... But do you honestly think that people will be able to research mutation cells when they had just finished their understanding of chromosomes around 1902? Most people didn't even understand what that meant, and even the DNA double helix model (not the understanding; that was understood way earlier) was made in 1953.

Basically, you can't expect anything the like of DNA alteration anywhere.
    ...except perhaps that one state which was copied from 1990, but I am hoping that they do not have any bright-minded mad scientists there.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  10. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    I indeed meant important people who excel at physics, science and biology, but the others are also good to know.
    The thing is though: I hope to avoid copying the important people, so... fingers crossed.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  11. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, mister Bismark is there for the setting. With his death and this new situation popping up, the unified states fracture. I mean, you probably already have an idea for that, but whatever.

12. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    I like Bismarck. Good thing he died before 1900 though. I wouldn't want to ruin his last days. Not copied.
    Born and died in an area copied in 1900. Not copied.
    Died in an area copied in 1950. Copied alive.
    Born outside Country X. Died in an area copied in 1900. Not copied.
    Lived in an area copied in 1900. Died in an area copied in 1950. Copied dead.
    TLDR; Not copied.
    TLDR; Copied alive.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  13. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Mercedes Daimler Benz time!

14. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    While it is amazing how he predicted war even after his death... I don't think that will matter much once people understand that there is no U.S. in the new world.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  15. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Ummm...just a thought. Are the new people entering this place (us players) will we be regarded as invaders?

Zone Q11 likes this.
  16. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realize that he will eventually encounter someone from "the future" who has cars that were made by him, right?
    This is why I want to avoid copies of important people...

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  17. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Nay --wait. Perhaps? I planned to call you "heroes", but I am so focused on building this damned world that I don't even have an objective for the players. I mean, you will all have weak superpowers (based off RPG) compared to the supernatural Super NPCs, but you will all still be stronger than the average citizen. So... I need an objective. ...perhaps collecting tokens or something?

As for the "superpowers", they are not anything like "Warrior" or "Mage", but rather some skills that will aid you in a peculiar action. Read The Devil's Cage to see what I mean. Thank you @Lord Luc for the recommendation!

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  18. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not more difficult than any other genre. Just look at Supernatural.

19. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    It works now, since I got rid of magic, but the original plan was to cross fantasy with supernatural. So far, aside from [Kekkai Sensen] and [Concrete Revolutio], I do not know of any other works that did well with Fantasy x Supernatural, and even in both cases they lean more towards Supernatural.

So... Supernatural it is indeed then.

Ai chan and Evil_Ginger like this.
  20. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding the important people: I am basically thinking of giving up on them.
    Really; I may as well make new false important people.

Evil_Ginger likes this.