Spoiler [BL] After becoming a millionaire, a billionaire proposed to me

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ludagad, Oct 25, 2019.

1. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    成为百亿富豪后我被千亿少爷求婚了 by 堂堂海棠

So I was browsing some novels (not translated) and found this gem. It's funny, lighthearted, easy to read. The drama can't be taken seriously. It's a novel to put yourself in a good mood. It's not really my type since there are no supernatural elements, but I thought someone might find it suitable to their tastes.

Not gonna translate the synopsis, cause I'm too lazy to. The setting is the following: The MC was adopted by a rich family, because their son (same age) was lost as a baby and the mother was going crazy with grief. So he father adopted MC from the orphanage 3 years later and presented him as their own son to his wife. The MC learned the truth while growing up and took to show his gratefulness by taking over the family business and expanding it, as well as doting on the younger by 10 years brother like a typical bro-con. When he's 30, he finally finds the original son and puts his plans in order - he signs over the company and all his private assets, except for his salary I think, back to the family and the proper son. Then he goes off to live freely and develop his own business. His former younger brother still doesn't want to let him go and his family loves him very much. The original heir is a rough (gangster-like) guy who also seems like a decent guy and they have a funny dynamic.

In the meantime, right before this all took place, MC found himself in a situation where he slept with some young dude (19 I think) who's an actor (but also the son of the richest man in the capital who doesn't approve of his acting ambitions). So the actor - ML, acts cute and positions himself as a sugarbaby, asking MC to take responsibility for him and rear him. It's pretty obvious that ML has been eyeing MC from way before their encounter. ML is the top btw... So they even sign a contract as party A and party B and they constantly bring it up when arguing with each other (like ML complaining that party A was ignoring his phone calls so caused harm to the mental health of party B). MC, after becoming 'poor' (he still has some millions saved up on his account) starts agonizing over how to make money quicker to rear his sugarbaby. ML is constantly agonizing how to make money so he doesn't stress his sugardaddy. MC constantly gets offended when ML suggests how he's gonna give his salary to MC, saying he's not that poor. Anyway, their interactions are pure gold. MC is the cold beauty type, while ML is the loyal puppy type, but you can tell they care for each other.

It's a really nice comedy with a HE, no surprises. So read it if you need a mood fixer.

2. psychobee

psychobee #SilentReader#

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no drama?
    How many chapters?

In need for fluffy and sweet danmei <3
    thanks @ludagad for the spoiler XD

3. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    74 chapters. Well, I mean, stuff happens in the novel, but the drama isn't the annoying type where you just read angrily till it's resolved xD;;. It's more of a comedy novel where the characters' interactions are the main entertainment.

Sheri_Yui_Chan likes this.
  4. lighterxx

lighterxx Hoshi stan before a human °^°)

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm now I want a pick up...

ludagad likes this.
  5. psychobee

psychobee #SilentReader#

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, thank you~
    Off to MTL~

6. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any funny moments pls

7. Sheri_Yui_Chan

Sheri_Yui_Chan Fighting my final semester battles ⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm looks like we need to request a pick up for this novel.

8. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    MC thinks ML is a cute, pure, still naive about the world little wolf cub. Wolf cub and not puppy, cause ML is too horny and obviously the top. ML always acts cute in front of MC, but is a scheming (black belly) fox. One funny moment (I'm not very good at recalling smaller details like that...) is the ML sulking over something MC did and turning his back to MC in bed. MC said if he doesn't want to do it, to go to his own room. ML grabbed the pillow and went. A few minutes later, he storms back in whining that MC didn't call him back. MC then opens the covers or something and ML jumps on him. That's basically the gist of their relationship too. At least in the first 20 chapters, cause I didn't read more and skipped to the end. Maybe I'll return to it later, but I really want to read a fantasy right now.

9. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww sound so cute! Its rare in these type of adoption story were the family loves mc do much. :cookie:

Ill hang out for possible spoilers. Im already in the middle of a story.

Lovina likes this.
  10. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker, Professional Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Tried to do the synopsis

Synopsis:

When local tyrant Feng Fan was drunk, he woke up to unexpectedly find he had a certain someone’s discharge and that he had slept with Cheng Yu.

The local tyrant felt that the feeling didn’t seem so bad: “Well…I will keep you”
    The little wolf cub squinted his reddened eyes and said with a sly wanton smile: “Okay.”

Smash money to make movies for the cub. Smash money to boost the cub’s popularity. Watch it ba, This uncle has plenty of money.

Until one day,

The local tyrant went home and ridiculed: I wanted to buy you a Maybach to play with but it was snatched by that rich man.
    The small Wolf cub looked blankly: I thought you wanted it. I let my dad buy it for you as a gift.
    Local Tyrant: ….
    Small wolf cub: Then would you like to exchange it to a piece of land you fancied?
    Local tyrant: ….
    Small wolf cub: You don’t like it? How about….
    Local Tyrant: That’s enough. Your sugardaddy is tired.

The local tyrant is in a mess. He secretly counted his fortune and had gone with the wind. He only barely reached ten billion. Unexpectedly, he had kept an aristocratic billionaire wolf cub?

Why didn’t you run ba?
    The little wolf cub bit him by the neck and pressed him down, “Uncle, you want to run back to Zhang City?”

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  11. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty okay to get the gist. But if anyone intends to translate the novel, I hope they translate the synopsis themselves and don't just copy this one. I see some typical MTL mistranslations here xD; At least from looking at the original site's synopsis. Still better than nothing tho.

cheerydandan likes this.
  12. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds cute and i want fluff right now

Quick summary translation:

Rich tyrant (better meaning is just a super rich person...but that sounded weird) Feng Fan woke up one morning to discover he drunkenly slept with rising actor Chen Yu.

Rich tyrant thought this feeling wasn't too bad , "how about... I'll support you , ok?"
    The Wolf cub blew out a puff of after xxx smoke, with a wicked and unrestrained smile Replied "ok"

Throw money to let the wolf cub film movies, throw money to raise the wolf clubs popularity, look, what this uncle has is money.

Until one day:
    Rich tyrant Came home to complain: originally i wanted to buy you a maybach to play with, instead it got stolen by that richest old guy!
    Wolf cub was dumfounded: i thought you wanted it, told my dad to buy it for you for a 'first meeting present'
    Rich tyrant: ........
    Wolf cub: then...switch it with that peice of land you liked?
    Rich tyrant: .......
    Wolf cub: you don't like? Then....
    Rich tyrant: enough. This sugar daddy is tired

The rich tyrant was left disarrayed. Secretly he counted his fortune. Darn, he was too complacent! Total assets just reached ten billion, actually dare to raise a 1000billion family worth wolf cub!

How about running away?

The wolf cub bit his neck while pushing him down "uncle, the deal's already been sealedAnd you still want to run?"

**Uncle just means that mc is older then ml, but not literally a uncle age, also to show their "status difference"

13. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker, Professional Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait what is their age gap though? 10 years right? Hehe uncle...

14. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many chs is this
    Any love rivals or villains

15. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    10-11, not too sure. I think MC is 30 and ML 19-20 at the start.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    cheerydandan likes this.
  16. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Wish I was ML, I want to be a sugar baby to millionaire too

cheerydandan and wildthorn like this.
  17. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh...why do people like to romanticize rape???

At the first meeting....ml LITERALLY just drags a drunk mc off to bed. Like. Wtf????

Then acts like a innocent white lotus who just got taken advantage of the next morning. And mc (who was still a virgin :blobexpressionless:) is just acting like he (mc ie himself) did something bad to ml???? And somehow just doesnt care after some very fake yelling at ml???

If we ignore the horrible beginning.... The story itself isn't bad (its funny enough) although everyone is very VERY juvenile . The kind of story where you either read in one go, or put down and just don't want to pick up again.

18. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you're right that you can't take the story seriously, it's pretty much the vibe there. Just feel good while reading and have a few laughs. We all know the real world doesn't work like that and people are a lot meaner.

About the rape. We have here an older shou and younger gong. And more importantly a loyal dog gong and queen shou. It's a BL stereotype that has nothing to do with real people. The queen shou is a typical tsundere, but luckily, the MC doesn't annoy me as much as most tsunderes. This novel isn't literature, it basically starts with a concept, what type of couple we'll have, then the setting - rich families and acting world, then the dynamic - sugar daddy and sugar baby. But we can't have the ML in a weaker position, so we'll make him the heir to richest family in the city/country. Therein we'll get our comedy.

That night, MC went to 'school' ML and assumed by himself ML was a white lotus. ML wasn't trying to pretend at first, but it was obvious he's been after MC for a long time and finally had the opportunity to be close to him. Then MC drank one cup of alcohol, thankfully no aphrodisiac, and got dizzy, but not incapable of speaking or acting. Skipping over their interaction where MC was trying to scare off ML by saying he could be taken advantage of, and ML saying there's no place he doesn't dare go (not scared of falling into traps) and so on, ML dragged MC to a room while MC was still trying to get rid of him. Everything afterwards is censored. No way to know what happened. We only get the scene in the morning, where MC recalls everything and gets mad at ML on principle, while also getting mad at the people who set up the club room and alcohol, thinking ML could've been in that situation. MC did feel pleasant for finally breaking his self-imposed fast (he was hiding he was gay from his family, but after finding the original son, he decided to live for himself at last). MC did like ML's face at first glance and was concerned about his well-being. ML's age and perceived innocence was holding him back, as well as not wanting to come out. After the fact, he seemed prepared to brush it off as a one night stand (probably so he won't drag ML into this world), and that's when ML started acting cute so he won't be dismissed. It's mentioned that MC was enthusiastic during sex and left ML with just as many hickies as he got.

So, the cup of alcohol was the lazy way of the author to let the MC get swept up in the mood instead of overthinking everything. If you look at it through real world lenses, it's pretty fucked up. In the BL world, I'm happy there was no blacking out or aphrodisiacs. The MC is pretty assertive himself and is usually the one to initiate things afterwards. So, without actually knowing what happened in the room, it's too quick to judge. The one thing that's clear is that ML did set out to seduce MC at one point during their meeting, but there's no way to know how everything happened. So I'd rather judge from the morning-after scene that MC had his misgivings about how things happened, but wasn't feeling taken advantage of or unhappy with losing his virginity, or hating the ML.

I don't know, it's up to how you fill in the gaps and your own personal feelings. Just sharing how I saw things. I do think your thoughts are very valid and I'm also sick of authors' use of alcohol or drugs to speed up the couple getting together. Honestly, their scene could've gone the absolute same way without the cup of alcohol, so I found it rather pointless.

Lada, morticia_addams and JuuHachi like this.
  19. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was raped but in the morning after was gas lit to think that it was okay, because the other party "deserved sex". So in the morning after I was pretty confused because no matter how many times I said no, he just went ahead and did it. In the end I just gave in and during sex made fake noises hoping for the pain to end. The morning after because the other party just acted like having sex like that was normal (first relationship), I then thought maybe it was normal, but it was really rape because I said NO so many times. So in the real world I definitely don't think that judging by the morning after scene is sufficient because the victim could be lost in the emotions of "Was that wrong? I feel like it was wrong, but I'm not getting validation it was wrong."

However, in the BL world, most novels I have read so far write the morning after scene slightly comedic to make the interactions "cute," sweeping the problematic issues aside and preying on the reader's desire for more cute scenes. Generally, I try not to think too hard because I'm reading these novels as an escape, but I'm way more aware and cautious about it in real life after my experience led me to being threatened to be killed as I was basically used as a sex doll, a mother/cleaning lady, and a bank/ATM.

While based on the above spoilers (thank you), I think that this is within my acceptable limits for novels, but my red line would be so narrow only a needle could pass through in real life. Why novels are okay? The idea is the progress of the couple's romantic comedy using new characters and situations I haven't encountered.

20. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    First, I'm really sorry about your experience. I wish that never happened to anyone. I can't say anything that will make you feel better. I just hope it won't affect the quality of your life and you can be a happy person.

I find that Chinese authors (majority of what I read are Chinese novels) tend to treat noncon very blasé. It has turned into a trope already, especially in CEO romances (you know the type - overbearing CEO, dull MC, drugged/drunk sex at the start, get separated for some reason, reunite years later with a grown-up kid). In this bl novel at least, it was made obvious that the MC was into it (as obvious as the censors allow), though he was trying to get the ML to leave beforehand. His reasoning was that he wasn't considering ML as a partner due to his age and innocence. It was pretty obvious that MC felt no regret the following morning and was actually basking in the afterglow. He got angry because he felt cheated (ML is not as innocent as he thought and was probably too vigorous). So, yeah, this one barely passes. I would've loved it a lot more if there wasn't this ambiguity with the alcohol and the MC being a tsundere. With tsundere characters in novels, you can tell whether they really refuse/argue/feel angry or are just being tsun. But someone delusional may try to reason in real life that someone isn't really saying no, but they're being a tsundere. That's part of why I hate the stereotype. It can introduce real danger to the real world. And for someone who has gone through a similar experience, they might not even realize it's a tsundere character, but feel actual distress.

Personally, I do prefer when both parties are obviously enthusiastic. It's kind of a new concept in BL, lol. But I do see it more often recently. Tropes like the straight gong and/or shou who have to be "bent" (usually not that consensual for the shou) and tsunderes are better off gone in my opinion. It's true they introduce more drama, but novel concepts always evolve. And the noncon/dubcon sex trope has overstayed its welcome, if it ever was welcomed at all.

Also, although I didn't see it at first, it's a good thing to give a warning about possible red flags for other readers. If this kind of thing can ruin the reading experience for someone, it's better to know about it and skip it. It's just not worth it, no matter how good the rest of the novel is. So even if you think this novel barely passes for you, I'd rather you skip it if it made you feel uncomfortable. It's not like you're missing out that much. It's better to look after your mental well-being.