LCD Forty Millenniums of Cultivation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Shaiyamine

Shaiyamine Reader of Novels, Slave to the Screen

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm quite optimistic to where this story is headed, although I would very much like it if I was given a heads up on what was on the planet they went to in the recent chapters. (I didn't get past the paywall) The demons call it boneyard and the cultivators call it ultimatum??????? Anyhoo I do enjoy how this MC focuses on his refining skills aside from the combat skills, frankly I thought the story was pretty well done.
    How about you?

sketchn98 likes this.
  2. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    premium is basically a daily patron that's more expensive...

theres no difference and anyone who doesn't want to see this is just blindly hating on qidian.
    just like how the patron readers don't care to talk in the lcd, premium people too won't care to talk in the lcd. but the thing is that patron wasn't pirated but qidian premium is pirated because of hate.

anyway the progress of hjc is one of the more distinct difference between qidian and other translations. we also have assholes like ash who will keep a novel to himself and go mia every few weeks/months and ignore donations to work on his GT novels.

sketchn98 likes this.
  3. devilmaycry1

devilmaycry1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any one know the cultivation levels?

4. sketchn98

sketchn98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Refinement, building foundation, core formation, nascent soul.

5. nirleka

nirleka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the chapters up to when Li Yao goes to another galaxy in some remote outpost, after finishing the boneyard dragon demon something arc. The boneyard arc imo is really exciting and epic. Li Yao & friends use every mean necessary to win the fight. There are some sacrifice and some people died. But, the conclusion is glorious.

What i really hate, the story is begun to follow standard xianxia template. Everything is resets when mc goes to new realm. The knowledge, technology, science, cultivation means, and old allies is gone replaced upgraded by new materials.

Dang it, even the tyrannosaurus wife also left behind!

I don't updated to the last chapters since the story feels tedious, every chapters are info dump, no new love interest introduced, and the old story material feels scrapped. More over need to spend soul stone for release that witch & cultivation chat group lol

I really don't like the journey to new world and forced new plot materials like this. Why the story is not like cultivation chat group, the old characters is deeply rooted to the plot and the new story materials is deeply intertwined with the older plot.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  6. mr.tanen

mr.tanen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i half agree with what you said...i truly loathe that whole "new realm" aspect of xianxia...every time i encounter one or find out it's part of the a story i'm reading i immediately drop it like a hot potato
    the only ones i could read that had that "element" are ISSTH and TTNH because it's actually a very important part of the plot in both stories and pretty much spelled out from the get go...also, when they "ascend" it has a lot more meaning than "i'm a scrub again and everything that happened before doesn't count"

as for this story in particular,
    i feel that while it has similarities with that, it's still not the same...what happened to him is that he went to a new solar system (that's not exactly it, but i can't think of a better word right now), where he's working actively to gain new knowledge, materials, strength and allies to bring back to his world
    so, it's similar in a way because it kind of feels like a reset, but it isn't because:
    a) he's coming back and hasn't forgotten his world and girlfriend;
    b)
    the idea of different technology trees from two civilizations with a similar beginning but diferent circumstances is actually very interesting and hardly seen in the webnovels i know
    c)
    the "power levels" (i blame dbz for this term but i use it anyway) are pretty much the same;
    all this doesn't mean that he won't "ascend" some day or that he won't find a higher realm once the main fight is settled back in heavens' origin sector...but it hasn't happened yet, and i don't know if it will happen later

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    mrttao likes this.
  7. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When does he return to heaven sector?

8. bear

bear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right now. chapter 830, End of the second volume,
    Sweet holy mass release

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  9. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that ending. Chilling.
    I was disappointed the reunion between him and Lingding was delayed though...
    Going to have to wait a few more months so I can binge the third arc.

10. nirleka

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... I try to read again but stopped at the chapter that tell us about separation between the space colony people and savage planet dwelling people. Any interesting event going on after that? Can anyone give me some summary, please?

11. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Wahhh my spirit stones. Another mass release (fourty or so chapters) for the end of the third arc. Those who've been saving up for this, its time to read. I found this arc... better than the second one? About even with the first.

And dat ending. Total cliff! Just when you think you know where the story is going, it gives you a twist.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  12. nirleka

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeaaah the 40 chapters mass release is really great (y)(y)(y)

I also feels, the last arc, the end of volume III, is more enjoyable than the rest. We get lots of infiltration, scheme duels, battles, and "romance" battle lel.

I bet the next arcs will explore about how the justification of the imperium of the true human being doing what they think it's right. The appearance of new thread also shocked me. The secret about Li Yao isekai also will be reveal bit by bit (y)

Still needs 2200 chapters-ish to translate though :confused:

13. Kysle

Kysle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know of any outside resources for this story? Sorry if this has come up before and I missed it. I'm talking about a cast of characters, timeline, maps, story arc summaries, that sort of thing.

14. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That secret will be revealed at the last arc. It's quite a twist.

Ask me anything you want to know. I just finish the entire novel and need to spoil to someone.

15. Kysle

Kysle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really looking for spoilers, sorry. I just kept getting lost because there's so many different things and people to remember.

Well, I guess you can spoil one thing for me – I'm really hoping that the author doesn't do us a disservice and forget about the tenumbrial (sp?) energy that has been hinted throughout at driving all the baddies.

16. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't remember the translation well, so I guess you're talking about the energy that creates demonic cultivators, right?
    No, the author didn't forget about it (though he forgot the first guy who's using it in the series). It was a more advanced kind of energy, and it didn't "drive" the bad guys (the novel explained that it's like the energy light in DC comic - energy comes from emotions. The ones who received it don't go bad, they go insane from overwhelming rage, hatred, fear...)
    Moreover, it was created by us human. So the Nuwa race (who can use it properly) protect human and fight against the Pangu race.

The next two levels is Sacred Soul Formation and Sacred Soul Dividing.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  17. Kysle

Kysle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the author stays consistent with the lore laid out in Chapters 67 & 691? That's good

18. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything else you want to know?
    P/S: Damn it, just re-read my #3 favortite novel (FMoC is new #2) Swallowed Star and reach the point "Vulture" Li Yao was killed!

19. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was skimming through the comments here and decided to read this one. Went through about 20 chapters last night. It seems interesting. I like the tech aspect of it.

20. Seraphim

Seraphim 天使の王

Reading List:
    Link
    I have binged up to chapter 200 in three days and I have this question... For all the talk about the universe or the stars or what have you, it appears that the story, or the federation, revolves around a single planet... Is this the case? I have been led to believe that the Federation consists of multiple galaxies... But it seems that everything in the story just happened in a huge planet :/

mrttao likes this.