Spoiler Guide On How To Fail At Online Dating

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by IndusEla, Sep 16, 2019.

1. IndusEla

IndusEla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/guide-on-how-to-fail-at-online-dating/

Description: The cousin that Jing Huan has been closest to since he was a child was labelled as “the other woman” in a certain popular online game: only after devoting herself did she know that the other party was a jerk with a girlfriend.

After several days of being bullied online by people in the game, his cousin went abroad in a fit of anger and sorrow.

Jing Huan couldn’t take this lying down; he decided to take revenge for his cousin using the same method as that guy – buy a character in game and kill that slag guy thousands of times online.

With his strength and skill as the Great God when the game was first launched, wouldn’t he be able to kill that guy and force him to quit the server in minutes?!

He went online, eager to fight, but made a discovery after conducting a round of investigations — this slag guy was the number one DPS server-wide, number one on the expert ranking list, number one on the wealth ranking list, number one on the popularity ranking list, and number one on the fame ranking list.

Conclusion: Can’t screw him over.

Jing Huan felt despondent. He was just about to give up when he personally witnessed his dormmate’s online relationship end right after meeting each other in real life. The other party had sent fake photos and changed their voice, and had even cheated him of his money, triggering his dormmate so much that he was almost admitted to a hospital.

Jing Huan felt enlightened as a sudden realisation dawned on him. After comforting his roommate, he moved the high-priced voice changer back to his rented house overnight.

Associated Names
    GHFOD
    网恋翻车指南

This novel just started today (16th Sep, 2019) and made me curious. The description doesn't leave a positive impression of the ML at all. He was cheating on his girlfriend (I mean he didn't make it public that he had one, probably? How did he end up hurting the MC's cousin? I didn't have enough patience to read), even hurt the other girl (from what I can gather with this). I do get where the MC is coming from. His cousin left the country itself, that's how hurt she was! I really do feel like ML needs to repent! I do hope that whoever ML's current girlfriend is isn't hurt too much, though. She didn't do anything. It's her trash boyfriend at fault.
    It's pretty obvious that MC is going for the ML (to teach him a lesson BUT we all know how it's gonna play out!). The ML's girlfriend would be really hurt and might will definitely end up acting as a bitch because HER MAN IS DERAILING because of another woman man! I pity her and understand where she will be coming from.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  2. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since this is a BL novel I'm wondering if the slag boyfriend was always gay and only used cousin as a cover up. After cousin got too intimate with him he asked for a favour and had someone pretend to be his girlfriend to drive cousin away.

3. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk. You should read it first. It could be as you said, but i noticed with these novels. They always give you a false perspective then give you the real one later.

My guess is:
    1) there could be a misunderstanding and ml didnt even know he was in a relationship.
    2) possibly not even ml. He could have picked up a dead account from a friend or too lazy to make his own account and only plays on his friends.
    3) ml could be gay and the cousin was trying to pursue him. Ml becomes a slag to run away.

Idk... The possibility is pretty endless. We dont even know if ml is currently in a relationship now.

I would read this, but im still stuck on a novel.

:cookie: hopefully someone will give spoilers.

4. IndusEla

IndusEla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can definitely see that happening. MC would go, "oh, he's innocent. There is no problem with me falling in love with him now, blah blah blah." And I could be utterly wrong as well. I won't be reading it unless I'm sure it's not predictable. At least not completely predictable.

Lovina and soie_yoie like this.
  5. hy-d-ra

hy-d-ra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not far from the truth. It's an early reveal in chapter 7 when first mentioned what happened:cookie:
    It's ML's account, but when all Hell broke loose he wasn't the one behind it. (/edited part after reading latest chapter) Though at first you might think it's his dormmate because he acts like he can't choose a girl and flirts with everyone, but later it's revealed he's not the one too. SO it's still a mystery who exactly is responsible but we know for sure it's not ML.

But actually a pretty interesting one, at least worth the try for MC acting coquettish or interacting with others using the girl character:blob_grin:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  6. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @DarkAngel268
    I just read this, and pretty funny.
    Orz!! I thought it's completed one not on going, or just started omg fml.....Gonna let this one go for few months, then binge reading.
    Btw, it started from Sep 16? And already 40plus chapters now. How many uploads per week for wn? I thought, once a week?

7. Heffalump

Heffalump Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is anyone else reading both the translation and mtl as the chapters are released by the author? I love the translations since they’re so much clearer, but I can’t help myself.

Ddragonesse likes this.
  8. Heffalump

Reading List:
    Link
    There seems to usually be one chapter uploaded per day.

9. immortaltear

immortaltear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did ML discover that MC is a man?
    When did they start to have feeling between both?

10. Ddragonesse

Ddragonesse 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty early on. MC blew his own cover while drunk :sushi_dead: MC unfortunately can't remember that. So he still doesn't know that the ML is the guy he's chasing in the game.
    After finding out the ML starts paying more attantion to the MC. He thinks MC is a closetgay using the game to live his fantasy:blobmelt: at this point I'm pretty sure he's very much in love with the MC (at least he realises that he likes him a lot) but the MC still doesn't know who he is. MC is currently very torn by the fact that he's lieing to his husband (they got married in the game). by his guilt I guess we can say that he also likes him a lot, while at the same time he unconsiously gets close to the ML in real life. In one of the last chapters it's stated that he thinks the "two" are really similar.
    (hope this jumbled mess makes sense - MTL is killing me)

komo komo, alexfilia, azinine and 7 others like this.
  11. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds about right. Also, MC actually does like ML IRL and in the game, even if he's not aware of it himself. He suspects at least somewhat that ML = Yearning For but has no proof and tends to blindfold himself about it. At one point, MC (as Xiao Tianjing) gets extremely jealous that ML (as Yearning For) was going around being nice to another girl in-game. ML had to keep explaining until he reaches this fact: It's my female cousin. Cousin from my mother's side. (think it was something like that lol, if not then cousin from father's side). Then MC deflated. :blobxd: ML's cousin was super interested in digging out info about why ML was so close to a girl character in the game but ML's a stone wall.

IRL, MC and ML spend a lot of time together. They play basketball together, eat meals together..... Even their buddies are going ?!?! because they're kinda giving off gay vibes. :blobxd::blobxd:

12. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    Playing basketballs together huh :blobthinkingsmirk:

Ty for spoilers

scriptor likes this.
  13. immortaltear

immortaltear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanx!! :blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom:

scriptor likes this.
  14. Heffalump

Reading List:
    Link
    ML doesn’t let people drink from his stuff, but he’s let MC drink from his water bottles and let him finish his wine when they were out to dinner with their friends. They were eating lamb which MC doesn’t like so he was drinking a lot to wash the taste out of his mouth.

Later in the chapter ML asked MC to help him warm up his hands and then the POV changes to MC’s friends and ML’s friend who were walking slower, and one of them is like isn’t this is a scene from a drama?! (ML and MC both had a hand in his pocket), and is reminded by the other friend that MC has let him warm his hand in his pocket before, lol.

15. Ddragonesse

Ddragonesse 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    I love how a bunch of us is stalking the newest chapters and forcing ourselfs to read through MTL because we want to know what happens xD

Heffalump likes this.
  16. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    I-I can't breathe, the game got updated with a pregnancy system......

Of course Yearning For and Xiao Tianjing chose to use the XXX animation on the wedding night, so now Xiao Tianjing has a bun in the oven. :blobrofl:

azinine, Zhen_Qing, IndusEla and 5 others like this.
  17. Heffalump

Reading List:
    Link
    Jing Huan (MC) just found out that his in game husband is his new-found friend. I’m sad that it happened at the end of the chapter though once he has to see him for the first time afterward. I can’t wait to see what happens next! I assume there will be several more chapters where they both don’t know that the other knows.

18. Heffalump

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the beginning of chapter 80 now and I am cackling. At the end of the last chapter MC and ML’s friend/roommate were going to exchange wechats until MC realized who the other was. ML’s friend wondered why he was hesitating to add him, so MC dropped his phone and said he couldn’t add him because his phone was broken. ML’s friend said might not be broken badly and they can still add each other while bending down to pick it up, so MC stepped on it, and said that he accidentally stepped on it, leaving ML’s friend speechless

Scapezz, komo komo, azinine and 8 others like this.
  19. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    That cracked me up tbh, MC's embarrassment is delicious. Also that one moment when ML is messaging MC's 'character' and talks about the baby. Then MC looks down at his stomach and freaks out. :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

MC has finally understood what a big pit he dug and threw himself into, amen~

20. lazuuli

lazuuli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC still didn't know that ML is not the scum?

Lovina and immortaltear like this.