WORD Battle (ALPHA) - Swamp Level

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Zero300, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    A giant monster enemy will be composed of different WORDs at different key areas of the monster’s body. For aesthetics, the WORDs will be put in a WORD bank for each area. The objective is simple. Write a certain number of words to ‘cross out’ a WORD on the monster’s body. The number of words to write corresponds with the number of letters that make up the WORD multiply by a factor of 100. Not to mention, the words must be a short story about the WORD in question. One word equals 1 HP.

For instance, if the WORD is “mozzarella”, then a player would write 1000 words about mozzarella.

Level of Difficulty = Monster Level
    Example: the WORD is “kraken”
    • Level 1 --> Write 600 words about anything; no consistency required. Must include the word ‘kraken’.
    • Level 2 --> Write 600 words story; consistency required. Must include the word ‘kraken’.
    • Level 3 --> Write 600 words story about kraken(s).
    • Level 4 --> Write 600 words story about kraken(s). Genre must be ______.
    • Level 5 --> Write 600 words story about kraken(s). Genre must be ______. Cannot use letter __.

As players level up, they will gain/buy different abilities. 1 EXP gained = 1000 words written. To get from level 0 to level 1, 10 EXP is needed. To get from level 1 to level 2, 20 EXP is needed…and so forth.

To defeat a monster, players must cross out all of the WORDs. The monster attacks every week, not by dealing damage but by placing writing restrictions on players. For instance, a monster could disable a player’s capability of using the letter ‘c’, which means the affected player’s next post cannot contain the letter ‘c’.

After a certain time limit, if the monster still hasn’t been defeated, then the monster would escape. Though the raid would be over, there’s no sense of accomplishment for the writers, right?

Players please sign up by stating your character's name. Follow this Character Template when registering for the game.

Character Template:
    Name:
    Level: 0
    Class: WORD Modifier
    EXP: 0/10

Character Class:
    WORD Modifier
    • Level 0
      • Basic Rhyme
        • Used once per day
        • Can change a WORD to another WORD that has the same rhyming pattern à ‘ground’ to ‘sound’
    • Level 1: 10 EXP required
      • Basic Rhyme
      • Letter Changer
        • Used once per three posts
        • Can change a letter in a WORD to another letter as long as the WORD means something à ‘head’ to ‘heat’
    • Level 2: 20 EXP required
      • Basic Rhyme
      • Letter Changer
      • Letter Scrambler
        • Used once per three posts
        • Can scramble a WORD to make a new WORD à ‘dare’ to ‘read’
    • Level 3: 30 EXP required
      • Basic Rhyme
      • Letter Changer
      • Letter Scrambler
      • Comma Separator
        • Used once per day
        • Can add comma separator(s) to a WORD to make a couple of new WORDs à ‘headmaster’ to ‘head, master’
    • Level 4: 40 EXP required
      • Basic Rhyme
      • Letter Changer
      • Letter Scrambler
      • Comma Separator
      • Word Association
        • Used once per three days
        • Can associate a WORD with another WORD à ‘mozzarella’ to ‘cheese’
    • Level 5: 50 EXP required
      • Basic Rhyme
      • Letter Changer
      • Letter Scrambler
      • Comma Separator
      • Word Association
      • Setting Modifier
        • Used once per week
        • Can change the setting of the story by replacing one word à ‘The monster smashed a boulder at the group of Modifiers, sending them into a daze and causing them unable to use ‘ch’.’ to ‘The monster smashed a flower at the group of Modifiers, doing nothing to them.’

Once you posted your Character, you will become a Participant. You can then start the game. When you decide on a WORD to choose from, post your character's name and which WORD you will be attempting. Also, post any skills you want to use (if applicable).

Zero attempting 'sip' from 'Monster Left Arm'. I will be using the Basic Rhyme skill to change 'sip' to 'dip'.

When it's time for you to post your work, make sure to write your character's name and which WORD you are about to cross out. Also include what skills you may have used to modify the WORD and then post your writing under it.

Zero submitting 'sip' from 'Monster Left Ar'. I changed it to 'dip' using Basic Rhyme.
    Story Content

Participant List:
    1. Kuzunoha by @Neku
    2. Alva Quinn by @Alva Quinn
    3. Lumia by @Miku
    Call List: @Neku @Alva Quinn @Miku

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Pyoo, Alva Quinn and AMissingLinguist like this.
  2. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Battle #1

A company wanted to clear and transform the local swamps into a place suitable for constructing new houses. However, the workers had encountered a number of monsters which caused a pause in their plans.

Rumors of monster sightings:
    • Some workers have perished at the jaws of the monstrous Giant Croc, which weighed about four tons and has a length of ten meters from nose to tail.
    • Different colored balls of light were seen floating about near the outskirts of the swamp. Workers who neared the balls of light were either frozen, burned, or poisoned.
    • On one section of the swamp, there was an indescribable stench that knocked out most of the workers that drew near the area. In addition, they could hear roars of a powerful monster from at the center of the stinky region.
    • Some workers sighted another Giant Croc, but there was some contradicting information like how the Giant Croc was at least half the size of a regular Giant Croc. In addition, some reported seeing the reptilian monster wear armor, use a rusted weapon, and run on two legs.
    • One worker fell in a pit of mud and while they struggled to climb out, the worker kept saying something about seeing ‘eyes’ in the pit of mud as if there were something in there with him.
    • Some workers sighted a monster with glowing eyes and vine/mossy like body. The monster was at least five times larger than the average human so the workers did not approach the monster. They did see, however, that the Giant Croc actively stayed away from the swamp monster.

3. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Wisps - Level 1
    [​IMG]

Note: Attacks every three posts. Can deal either frozen, burn, or poison damage.
    • Wisp #1 (Fire)
    • Wisp #3 (Poison)
    • Wisp #5 (Fire)
      • death
      • owl
      • fact
      • rainstorm
      • arm
      • force
    • Wisp #9 (Poison)
      • boys
      • mother
      • harmony
      • suit
      • sink
      • sense
    • Wisp #10 (Poison)
      • oatmeal
      • letter
      • fairies
      • grape
      • grandfather - Attempting by Alva Quinn
      • bread
    Frost Spirit - Level 3
    • rifle range
    • pear milk
    • downtown kick
    • yam farm
    • weighted grade
    • spider girls
    • tooth payment
    • summer walk
    • water copy

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    Alva Quinn likes this.
  4. Neku

Neku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Kuzunoha
    Level: 0
    Class: WORD Modifier
    EXP: 0/10

Zero300 likes this.
  5. Alva Quinn

Alva Quinn 『0→1』『The Servant』

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Alva Quinn

Reading List:
    Link
    Alva Quinn attempting 'tongue' from 'Wisp #8 (Fire)'.

7. Alva Quinn

Reading List:
    Link
    Alva Quinn submitting 'tongue' from 'Wisp #8 (Fire)'.
    618 words
    ---------------

I was once suddenly asked by a friend of mine what my favorite language was. I live in a multi-ethnic country where most of its citizens know how to talk in its own mother tongue and in English. My friend’s question came out of nowhere, but I blurted out my answer without thinking too much of it.

“English”, I said in a clear voice. It was a given that English is my favorite language, since it is the lingua franca of the 21st century, along with Chinese, Spanish, and Latin for some people who want to be “professional”.

“I see,” my friend answered, not giving much surprise to my answer. It was then when I got curious why he asked me out of the blue, and he just answered: “It was just a thought that came out of nowhere. It is a boring question though, but I was just curious since you know how to speak like… what, four languages?”

It is true that I am an immigrant. It must have been over ten years since I moved into this country. Due to some circumstances, my family from my father’s side all moved to a neighboring country, whose language was similar to this country’s.

What a nice coincidence.

Anyhow, I am more or less able to speak in four languages. My mother tongue, English, this country’s language, and the neighboring country’s language. It is kind of embarrassing to say that I am able to speak four languages, when I don’t even speak my fourth language. It is not often that I go on vacation after all.

“Right… I don’t feel special though,” I replied to my friend. There are many other people who can talk in more languages than I do, and those who can speak and write in Japanese, Korean and Chinese must be way more talented than I am. Perhaps not so much for Korean, but Chinese and Japanese are hell for those who want to learn their language.

I then continued: “What about you?” Knowing my friend, he should be at least be able to speak his mother tongue and English. I don’t know whether he knows more, but I suspect that he doesn’t.

“Me? Well… I will probably have to go for English as well, since most of the things we are working with nowadays are on English.”

“The lingua franca, yes. It is such an interesting thing, isn’t it? It is also strange as well. If I was the creator of this world, then I would have thought that the lingua franca would be a thing to have within 50 years or so.”

“The thing is though, is that you can’t ignore the other countries’ history. Every country has a history of their own, and those histories were spoken and written in their own language. Then there is also the fact that some people simply like to hear some other words from only one language, since it would be boring to hear the same language after a while.”

It is not that I don’t understand that, but… I guess I just like to imagine a world where everyone can understand me easily. I mainly speak in this country’s language when I go outside. When I am home, I speak in my mother tongue. When I am opening the internet, I write in English. Sometimes I can’t find the word I am looking for in this country’s language, so I either borrowed the English words, or simply talk in English for a while.

“Hm… I guess so,” I said, before my friend stepped out of the bus. We said our goodbyes, and I resumed listening to my playlist as I wait for my stop.

Zero300 likes this.
  8. Neku

Neku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kuzunoha attempting "reading" from wisp #8

9. Alva Quinn

Reading List:
    Link
    Alva Quinn attempting 'pump' from 'Wisp #8 (Fire)'.

10. Alva Quinn

Reading List:
    Link
    Alva Quinn submitting 'pump' from 'Wisp #8 (Fire)'.
    414 words
    ---------------

“Faster. Faster. Faster. I have to run faster than he does,” these have been my thoughts for the last thirty minutes of my life.

I forced my heart to pump more blood to my body, and my body forced me to gasp for more oxygen from the cold air. In front of me is Joey Winston, the boy admired by everyone at school. The boy who had been dating multiple girls, basically owning a harem for himself. I had heard that he went missing a week ago, but I did not think that I would find him running with me for our lives.

If I had told you that I am a normal high school student, then you would probably not believe me, but I really am one. I am a virgin. I have never dated anyone in my life before, though I do have a group of friends whom I often play cards with. My grades were just enough to pass the school, with some subjects being better than the other.

In any case possible, there shouldn’t have been any reason for me to experience the nightmare that I am living in right now.

I turned my head and looked behind me. A pack of hounds were barking as they were slowly catching up to us. I yelped and turned my head back to Joey’s back. I couldn’t see his expression, but I could hear him gasping for air as well.

Half an hour ago, I woke up in this… street. The street was empty, and I noticed that the moon was the only source of light; there were no light poles around. I tried to remember what happened, but nothing came up. The last thing I could remember was going back home from school on my bicycle, when my memory suddenly blacked out.

When I had looked around, I noticed that Joey was already running towards me. I did not believe for a second that he was relieved to see me, so I looked behind him and… well, you know the rest of the story.

I don’t know why Joey is here. I don’t know why both of us were being hunted by a pack of hounds. Perhaps some powerful maniac had actually started a death game of sorts.

One thing that I do know though, is that I can’t keep running forever, and neither does Joey.

One of us has to sacrifice the other to live.

…and then I stopped running.

Zero300 likes this.
  11. Alva Quinn

Reading List:
    Link
    Alva Quinn attempting 'wool' from 'Wisp #8 (Fire)'. I will be using the Basic Rhyme skill to change 'wool' to 'mouthful'.

Zero300 likes this.
  12. Alva Quinn

Reading List:
    Link
    Alva Quinn submitting 'wool' from 'Wisp #8 (Fire)'. I changed it to 'mouthful' using Basic Rhyme.
    807 words
    ---------------

Three men enter a tavern. One human. One dwarf. One imp.

Today was yet another day when their adventures had almost cost them their lives. Yet another day when the dwarf and the imp complained to each other. Yet another day when the human was mentally tortured by the two.

The one to start the fight was the dwarf: “For the love of Mother Nature, why would you ever think to bring a pickaxe into a cave infested by goblins, when you are an assassin!?”

“I had heard from a bard that that cave was supposed to be filled with gemstones! If I knew that he was lying, then I wouldn’t have brought the pickaxe with me!”

“What kind of fool would you have to be to believe a story from a bard!? Ignoring the fact that bards are liars, surely you didn’t need to bring the whole cart along!? I will say this again: You are an assassin! What kind of assassin would voluntarily make noise to reveal their location!?”

“Oh, shut up! So I made a blunder this time, but what will you do about it? It is not as if I am the only one who made stupid decisions in the past. Remember the time when you ‘accidentally’ spilled blood over Hans in the eastern forest? He had to run for hours before he could shake off the wolves, and do I remind you how he shook them off!?”

After the imp finished his sentence, the human named Hans, made a bitter face as he remembered something unpleasant. He then ordered three beverages, and waited at the counter, a few meters away from the war of words.

“That was then, and this is now! Two separate matters! Don’t you dare bring Hans into our discussion again!” the dwarf said with irritation in his voice and slammed the table with his right hand. The dwarf actually said that out of kindness, because the last time the imp brought Hans into their talk, the two of them ended up talking about his blunders.

At that point the elf had complied and said that he will take a moment of silence to reflect. Within a matter of seconds, three glasses full of ale was served at the counter. Hans took a mouthful, the imp took a sip, and the dwarf swallowed the ale whole in one gulp. The two had always been wondering how the dwarf could devour a whole glass of ale without getting an upset stomach, and the dwarf would always respond saying that it was a racial trait of his.

It was then when the imp started asking: “Where do we come from?” But the other two simply replied with the same answer as usual: “We don’t know.”

The three men had one day found themselves lying on the ground inside the tavern. None of them had remembered about their past and profession, and the only person in the tavern was the owner. The owner has the body of a human and the head of a tiger. He claimed that the arrival of the three men was unexpected, but the world they were in had often had such cases to the point where weirdness had become the new normal.

The owner was hospitable and let the men stay at the tavern, but when the three had seen the armor at the display, they instinctively knew what their profession were. At first, they were confused what was happening and what they should do with their abilities, when the owner mentioned about the neighboring towns and villages which might need their help with some chores.

It all started as a small group of nobodies who tried to venture the world, and after encountering the settlements inhabited by rare creatures such as lizardmen, elves, and harpies, they finally got accustomed to the strangeness of their new world.

Fear of the unknown had gradually disappeared, and in their place took the fear that a race might be harming other races. The goblins they had slain from their latest adventure was one of such races. The three had done their best to communicate with the goblins, but the other party did not appear to understand nor willing to understand what others were saying.

Yet another example of this were the bards. As the races had made their own community where each race specializes in something, the sirens had chosen to become bards as they love to sing. The problem is, the sirens love to sing and nothing else. They wouldn’t listen to nor spread the actual news, which is why they were notorious for being liars.

The three men ate and drank at the tavern just like any other day until they slept, and woke up the following morning, ready to venture yet another piece of their strange world.

Zero300 likes this.
  13. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Bursting with anger, the Fire Wisp (#8) shook and wobbled as it tried to dismiss the pain caused by Alva Quinn. It glared at the WORD Modifier and launched a fireball with great precision. It turned towards the nuisance next to it and spat out a stream of fire towards Neku. Both suffered from magical burning damage causing sounds of sizzling to escape from their bodies.

SSSSSSSSSS!!!

Debuff Effect: All affected players (@Neku @Alva Quinn) cannot use the 'ss' in their next post.

Alva Quinn likes this.
  14. Alva Quinn

Reading List:
    Link
    Alva Quinn attempting 'dad' from 'Wisp #8 (Fire)'.

15. Alva Quinn

Reading List:
    Link
    Alva Quinn submitting 'dad' from 'Wisp #8 (Fire)'.
    303 words
    ---------------

The noise is starting to fill my mind. To my left lays a small mountain made of radios. To my right lays three wooden dolls, broken and damaged.

The radios have been emitting static noise for a long, long time. Every now and then, Mr. Radio would say something to me, but I could not understand what he wanted to say.

The three dolls were gifts from my parents. There was a doll for mum, a doll for dad, and a doll for me. But they are all broken, and mum is not here to fix them. Dad’s head was torn off, mum’s stomach was ripped apart, and my doll… my doll has a nail piercing its head.

My head is hurting. My body is leaning on the basement wall. There is a smelly liquid on the ground which had dried off hours ago.

It is cold.

It is dark.

I look at the ceiling. Mr. Lightbulb is hanging on the ceiling, but it appears that he is not happy right now. I could not see Ms. Switch from where I am sitting right now. Without Mr. Lightbulb, the basement is cold and dark.

I don’t see my mum and dad. I want to see them, but I cannot move. I tried to move my arms and legs before, but I could not feel them. Did it have something to do with the liquid Mr. Mask injected with his needle?

I couldn’t do anything but blink and turn my eyes, so that is what I did. Mr. Mask said that he would return soon. Did he lie to me?

I have been waiting for a long, long time. I am hungry. I need to take a bath. I don’t care whether Mr. Mask comes back or not anymore. Please, someone, save me.

Zero300 likes this.
  16. Alva Quinn

Reading List:
    Link
    Alva Quinn attempting 'distribution' from 'Wisp #4 (Poison)'.

17. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Suffering from the barrage of attacks from the newcomer - Lumia, the wisps flew up high and changed formations. A poison wisp (#3) rushed towards Lumia and assaulted the Modifier with a powerful blast of toxic gas, sending the Modifier coughing and tearing up. Similarly, two fire wisps (#8 and #1) flew towards Alva Quinn and Lumia, each sending out a stream of fiery heat, causing them to suffer from serious burns. Kuzunoha stood there as if 'AFKed' and continued to let the initial fire attack burn his blackened skin.

Debuff Effect: All affected players (@Neku @Alva Quinn @Miku ) cannot use the 'ss' in their next post. Only @Miku cannot use the 'ck' in his/her/their next post as well.

Alva Quinn likes this.
  18. Alva Quinn

Reading List:
    Link
    Alva Quinn submitting 'distribution' from 'Wisp #4 (Poison)'.
    1212 words, without any 'ss' nor any 'ck' as bonus challenge
    ---------------

An empty bottle got flung towards my face. I took a step to the side and heard the bottle shatter into pieces of shards. The man who threw the empty bottle slammed the door right in front of my nose and shouted: “GET OUT! I WANT NOTHING FROM YOU AND YOUR TRASH PRODUCTS!”

That man was the twenty-seventh customer today. Out of those twenty-seven meatheads, only four were willing to buy my products. It seems that today is no good either. Even after wandering around these slums for months, I still have yet to find some gullible sheep.

I started walking to the distribution center when I started coughing. Dark smog covers Theta City, making us gradually forget the radiance of the sun. Due to the overabundant number of factories in Theta City, most of its residents were forced to wear gas masks whenever they want to go outside. The only people who didn’t wear the masks were only those who could not afford to buy one; the ones from the slums; my customers.

Even though I am wearing a gas mask, its quality is honestly just garbage. But even this garbage was better than inhaling death directly from the rotten air.

As an outdoor seller, my job is rather quite demanding of me. Walk, offer, get denied, repeat. The products I am selling are nowhere near the dark territory, but it is exactly because they are not illegal that people were not interested enough to buy them.

An outdated memory card, kitchen knives, silver watches, holo-dices and some DD batteries. A bundle of niche items that few would need in their already poor lives.

In the end, the higher-ups are to blame for everything wrong in this rotten dumpster. Even though the world has been united for decades, the only thing they did was widen the gap between the rich and the poor, and then they just had to destroy the world on top of that.

At present, the only part of the world where you can see green leaves are within ‘the popular cities’ such as Alpha City and Gamma City. Theta City is small compared to those megalomaniac cities, so nobody would actually pay attention to this side of the world. Even so, with the way things are going right now, it is evident that the current state of the world is worse than that of two centuries ago.

Beta City is a good example of a collapsed city. Everyone in that city threw away their morals and lived their lives in corruption. It only took them one month before everyone died from the STDs, liver failures, and overdose. I even heard that the place was nuked by Delta City. Given Delta City’s reputation of being a bunch of paranoids, it wouldn’t be much of a surprise if they actually did annihilate Beta City to the ground.

When I finally reached the distribution center, I gave the female receptionist the receipts of the day and she in turn sent two points over to my phone. In the past, I had complained how two points were not enough for me to survive and yet there I was, selling garbage products on a daily basis to have enough meal to live.

I stepped on the escalators upstairs and exchanged one of my points immediately. The faster I get out of this facility, the fewer eyes there were to glare at me. The meal of the week is canned fish soup. Despite me hating my job, I cannot deny that there are some bright sides of this job. Fish are usually expensive on the market, but all meals from the distribution center are fresh and fair.

The one and only reason the facility are still running is because the higher-ups support our current system. How else could anyone explain the innumerable amount of security cameras, the super soldiers working on this facility, and the high-quality meals that are replenished every week?

I walked at my own pace towards my apartment, giving the bigger half of my attention to the plastic bag filled with my dinner. These canned foods were not for my family; they were for me. My parents had already died when I was born, and I did not have any siblings. I never liked to have any pets, and I kept distance with my acquaintances, calling them only when they owe me some favors.

Removing my gas mask and taking a deep breath was the first thing I did after entering my room, followed by taking a nice shower. The fact that I managed to hire an apartment with free air purifiers and bathroom is still something that bothers my mind every now and then. The apartment itself was also built very recently. Only two weeks ago, in fact. I suspect that the higher-ups had something to do with this arrangement due to my past actions, but… I decided to ignore the matter.

The only reason I didn’t bother delving in too deep on this matter is because I want to keep breathing without something covering my face …and the showers. Definitely the showers as well. Even though the water was not edible, they were clean enough to rinse my body from the city’s stench, and I could even clean my clothes!

Drying them was a problem though. Sunlight had not been an option for years, and laundromats were definitely a path to suicide with my current financial situation. So, I decided to dry my clothes by hanging them on a rope inside my room. As my room was usually warm all the time, this impromptu solution of mine was surprisingly not bad.

After taking a shower, I counted the canned soups. After confirming that none of them had been stolen, I opened one of them, put it on a bowl, and heated it up using the microwave. Thinking about it, my life did not change much from the past. There are no ‘true friends’ I could rely on anymore, but there is also nobody that could literally stab my rear either. If I add the fact that I am still able to live day by day with a slight bit of luxury despite getting junk thrown at me and sometimes pestered by my customers, then I think that I might even be happier now than I when I had to steal food from the distribution center.

The microwave pinged, indicating that my dinner was ready. I took a sip of my soup as I looked outside from my window. From where I stand, I could see nothing but the smog. It was evening, but the only sources of light were the street lamps that were not broken. Beneath those poles, I could see skinny children without their parents. Children whom I once fought for.

Theta City is dying, and nobody will ever save us. Words of grace are lies spouted by those in charge. The distribution center is either a botched attempt of salvation, or a city-scale game of life. We are just pawns waiting for our time to end, but even so… I had once decided to give up changing this society, so I will accept this reality and continue living this life until the moment I perish.

Zero300 likes this.
  19. Neku

Neku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading has been one of my favorite hobby. The freedom to explore the world, however I imagined, is the reason I love reading. They said that I read too much. That I got my head inside the cloud too much and living the reality a little. But unlike them, I cannot read people. I lacked the ability to read their gestures and mimics, that I commited a lot of blunder. That made me shy away from social interaction. This, however, changed one day.

It was a cruel reminder where the one friend lived while the other died. I had been friend with this girl. As both of the outcast, (not outcast per se, we still hung out with others, partied together, having sleepover together with our peers) we had shared interest in the fantasy world. For me, it was through reading novels. For her, it was through playing those games. You could say that we are addicted, that we used those media for the escapism. perhaps, that would be appropriate label for us.

As loner, she had to deal with everything herself. She lived alone, and managed to prop herself through livestreaming and blogging, enough that she did not need her parent to send her money for her livelihood. Conversely, she had to deal with everything alone. I did not trust myself to open up with others. I never saw her do the same. She never said that she had trouble doing this or that, no boys trouble, no academic trouble, no financial trouble. we always talked about the hobbies we had. I thought she was like me, someone who tried to ignore those kind of troublesome matters.

The media said that she was someone like a net idol, that the push from the internet denizens is what droved her to do something like this. They revealed the comment that likely drove her beyond. They said that it was suicide. It was suicide, but I don't think the netizen is the cause.

At that day, I was with her in her bedroom, reading a novel on top of her bed. She had joked that were I a boy, she'd let me have my way with her, that she wished that I could be her boyfriend. Well, she gave me a slice of cake and orange juice. We ate the cake together when I suddenly feel sleepy.

When I was awake, I could feel something covering my mouth and binding my hands and legs. I panicked, and immediately shot up. It was then, when I saw her. I did not know that it was livestreamed. At that moment, my brain halted seeing her like this.

A viewer from the livestream had actually known her. He was also a student of our school. He had asked the teacher, who connected, which prompted the sound of the ambulance outside of the school. I could hear someone broke the door and then the paramedic rushed in. I just sat there irresponsive of any stimuli. My teacher hugged and consoled me in her bosom. Tears could be seen from her face. She then called my parents to pick me up.

As I woke up the next day, I saw a blue rectangle floating in front of me that said,

"WELCOME TO THE GAME OF LIFE, CHOSEN ONE"

The surreal scene in front of me made me thought that I was in a dream. I pinched myself and it hurted.

The blue screen changed into some kind of status menu when I touched it. It had 'STAT', 'SKILL', 'QUEST', 'INVENTORY' and 'RELATIONSHIP' tab. In the STAT tab, I could see a status:

Name: Kugimiya Rina
    Role: Voracious Reader
    HP: 50/50
    MP: 0/0
    SP: 30/30

STR: 8
    CON: 7
    AGI: 8
    DEX: 7
    INT:17
    WIS: 12
    CHA: 4

it was mine. I did not understand what those number represented. But I thought they were accurate. I had nothing in the inventory tab, and the skill I had is:

[Reading comprehension Lv 47][Reading speed Lv 33][Speed reading Lv 13][Math Lv 13] and other academic skills.

The QUEST tab had one thing. Raise 10 of my stat before the end of this month, which is then explained how to raise each by one point. To increase CHA, I had to have an answer for other people's question that was approved by 10 person. for CON, I had to read 1000 page within 24 hours. Something like STR had me lug 2kg of books for 1 hour. I had to write 7000 words to increase DEX. For AGI, I had to do the same as STR, but with running added.

By then, mother had looked at me weirdly for fiddling something in the air. It seemed like she couldn't see the blue box at all. She thought I was still in shock and consoled me there.

After some time, I reached for my phone and saw more than a hundred texts in my inbox. It was all consolation for me and those who wished me well. At the bottom of the contacts, I saw her mail. There was a text that said, "I'm sorry. By the time you've read..."

I opened that text, wondering what else would she say.

"I'm sorry. By the time you've read this, you'll probably noticed the floating blue window. I know that you won't forgive me when you read to the end. But I hope you could understand on why I had to do this.

The first time I saw the 'Gamer' ability, I was 7. My uncle had come over to my house, while my parents went to europe once again. At that time, my uncle was a renowned researcher who studied A.I.. You probably know about him, Masaru Ishikawa, the brilliant A.I. researcher who had contributed for the advancement of A.I. field. He was the first 'Chosen' I've met and who made me into one of the chosen ones. Like me, he also put himself into suicide in front of me. I was traumatized. Living with the corpse of my uncle for one month while his A.I. taught me everything about being the chosen one. That damned A.I. could go skynet if she so wished.

One thing about the 'gamer' ability, is that you are virtually immortal. When you are stabbed, you could shrug it off by sleeping for even 1 minute. You need to deplete the HP to 0 to die, and there is nothing that could do that in this day and age. A bullet to the head took my HP down by 5 before I recovered. at the 99 constitution, I had shrugged off bullets. A grenade exploding beside me had done nothing. Knife couldn't harm my skin. I fancy myself surviving even if a nuclear bomb falling above me, not that I've tested.

Anyway, the reason on why I choose to suicide is that I had attained everything at 99, except charisma. The charisma requirement of 90 is having 200 million followers. That is already 1/40 of the world population. How would I get it higher? My follower is 160 million. And it was this month's quest. The system expected me to grow my CHA to 99? I felt despair. The one thing that killed my uncle also become the reason on why I did this.

my role is gamer queen. So I got gamer related quest to increase my stat. Yours would be something related to reading, maybe? Anyway, just don't ignore the charisma like me. The earliest you can start, the better. Perhaps, you would get something like becoming the know-it-all in its literal sense, no slight intended. If so, you can contact that damned A.I. Celica by replying to this text. I've authorized you as its owner.

I'm sorry for giving you this burden. I'm sorry for running away from all of this. If you decided to end it all, find a host and just say, "you are now the chosen one".

Thank you for all this time together. goodbye."

after all of this? This power? Thank you Yui. This is the best gift you had given me. If I had whether I hate you or not, I could f*** you right now. but you're a corpse, and I'm not necrophiliac. I'll use this gift to be the best person Yui. After all, if I could make everyone obey my words and I am immortal, aren't I a god?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Zero300 likes this.
  20. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, so you were affected with burns from the fire wisp and cannot have 'ss' in your report. I see that you have 'message' which has the 'ss' in it. Please revise.

Alva Quinn likes this.