LCD The First Order

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Nov 12, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-first-order/

C1: Lol. That's one way to complete a quest ;)

He's awfully nonchalant about this. Is he used to hearing voices in his head giving him quests and gifts?

C4: Even after the world ends, there's still massive income inequality :(

C10: lol. His system has a very generous definition of quest completion ;)

That aside, those skill duplication scrolls seem a bit too common.

C11: The MC's source of power in this series looks like its the exact opposite of the MC in the author's other work. Though, the system has proven extremely flexible on determining quest completion so far, so its hard to say if he'll actually have to do anything that deserves gratitude to complete this one.

C13: Other than some minor differences, this series feels almost identical to the author's last one.

Matteus likes this.
  2. AcasualPawn__

AcasualPawn__ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. qwerty1

qwerty1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I set Chrome to automatically translate languages to English and from what I've seen of the reviews. They seem to have a severe case of the "bullshit".

One of them was basically: If the author likes orphans so much, why doesn't he adopt them (1 star)

4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Not going to lie: I saw the title for this thread on the main page, and thought this was going to be a Star Wars discussion.

5. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow that’s a whole bunch of 1 star ratings. This story definitely went downhill. Somehow still retained a 3.5 rating so probably people hating on the author.

Neku likes this.
  6. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might try MTL raws sometime (puts on list). won't read it at webnovel though...

7. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why they hate the author because of orphan?

8. xchronicles

xchronicles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol that's a lot of harsh reviews but probably because of the author (I don't know why though) and too much similarities with his previous work

Is that site similar to our goodreads here or NU?

9. AcasualPawn__

Reading List:
    Link
    3.5/10
    408 people in total rated and 62% rated 1*, 14% rated 2*, 14% rated 3*. That's total 90% of votes. So, 90% people rated 3* or below.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  10. AcasualPawn__

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah
    It's 3.5/10 not 3.5/5
    Lord of the mystery has 8.8/10
    Reverend insanity has 6.2/10
    My house of horrors 6.7/10

Basically any novel there above 5/10 is kind of good.

11. AcasualPawn__

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it is like Chinese version of novelupdates.

xchronicles likes this.
  12. Zafar900

Zafar900 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read till the latest raws. I dont get why people hate this story. I mean the Character has a Clear Goal, The Plot is Great and there are some really sad moments. The most important bit is just how horrible Humans can be when they have no bottom limit. While the MC isnt a saint, he isnt a demon either. He just wants to live along with his family happily.
    And his GF is really great too, When we first see her, She's like his enemy as she abandons him for survival. As we see more of her we understand her choices and that she is no sheltered Princess. Although she is from a big family she has lived a hard life. Eventually the one to fall first isnt him, But her. She goes out of her way to save his ass on multiple occasions, and is devoted to him in ways other novels wont ever show you. At least the relationship looks organic, instead of some artificial love at first sight.
    Anyway the Novel is good. The raws are great. And the Tragedy is Sad.

Enough said. Go ahead and have a read.

yourstrulylen and 08phamann like this.
  13. FHandsome

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems this novel already end in China, short novel around 650 chapter.

14. Zafar900

Zafar900 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude you had me scared for a second. The Volume only finished now its the beginning of the next volume.

15. FHandsome

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? Sorry then
    I thought the novel already finished, cause I saw author Note in the last chapter, and then I checked the raw again and there's new update.

My bad, haha.

16. Katra1212

Katra1212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! For some who have read the RAWS. Can somebody give spoiler for this?

1. Why does the wolf king follow him?
    2. What happened with the war? (I stopped at chapter 238 after the war started. The MTL is doable but it's giving me a headache.)
    3.Will they go to stronghold 88, the one with the Yangs or the Saboteurs?
    4. When will he meet Yang Xiaojin again?
    5. Someone spoiled that the FL will be the one who will fall for the MC first, how did this happen? Is it a gradual development or a sudden realization for the YX?
    6. When will Ren Xiaosu also realize his feelings for YX?
    7. I read that there will be tragedy in the later parts, what happened? Who will die?
    8. Will Yan Liyuan power of luck evolve later on? What will happen to his other friends, like Old Wang and that sister who likes the MC?
    9. I really like Xu Xiaosu, I feel like he's the champ of the novel, will there be relevant parts for him later on?
    10. What's happening with the world, can you explain the reason why supernaturals are appearing en mass? (Someone mentioned, I forgot if it's Qing Zeng or the Devil Whisperer Li Shuyu, he said that the change happened because of a phenomena caused by a certain person. It was too late for them to know who. - - > Is this connected to the MC's palace?)
    11. Is the pyro company/consortium connected to the Catalysm? What's the real reason if not? (They appear to be the most exposed villain of the story so far.)
    12. They said that Stronghold 173 was the north defender, and that there is a bigger war there, can you spoil this?
    13. What will be Ren Xiaosu's future powers later on? And the strongest?
    14. What is the palace inside his head? (We know thay it's his system but how did he acquire it, and why did he have it?)
    15. What is Ren Xiaosu's past? (will this be explained later on?)
    16. The Qing brothers, Qing Zheng and Fatty Luo, seems to be important characters, will they be part of MC's band, like friends, or will they remain as neutral, benefit/transactional helpers?
    Lol. Sorry I have so many questions. Please do answer some if you know. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  17. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude.. Just skim the Mtl till chapter 290 and..
    Chen wudi fuckin die in the war. He died protecting the others by facing a horde of experimentals because Ren xiaoxu was out(pass out because of his skill I think). In the battle the sky change colors and he manage to hold of the horde for a bit before he exhausted himself and turn to a stone sculpture.(referencing how the monkey King was said to be born from a stone and that's why he died and become a stone sculpture).

08phamann likes this.
  18. zcorpio

zcorpio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ren Xiaozu and Yang Xiaojin
    Yang Xiaojin found and brought Xiaozu and company back to barrier 88.

Their romance not clarify when it was but during in the Barrier 88, they accepted a mission to clean the bandits in the north(or somewhere, i forgot). However, Xiaozu decided to create a village for both bandit and refuges instead.

Xiaozu suddenly asked her if she want to live together in the village. At first Xiaojin answered "it depends on my mood". After the village went well, he asked her again. She answered "today I've good mood."

But some sh*t happen. They, including Yan Liyuan, Sister (forgot her name), Old Wang and others, got separated.

Xiaozu tried to find everyone. And he got a clue about Xiaojin, that she was studied in an university in Central Zone.(with her aunt) So he went to university and learned she was very popular there. But she refused everyone, as she said ,she has someone she likes and that special person is not a flower in the greenhouse like you guys. (means the people in the Barrier)

Something happened in university and Xiaozu helps the students. They askee who is he. Xiaozu "Oh. Me? I'm a person who's Yang Xiaojin likes!" Then fled. Imao

Now they met and travel together

Yan Liyuan's power
    His power is evolved and it's very OP. He can give a cursed to other. When he tried to helps Xiaozu at the risk of his life, it's like open a new door for his power, Liyuan brought an earthquake, landslide, flooded that created new river. But because of that he, Xiaozu and others separated.

He and Sister(forgot her name) got helped by wolf king. And why wolf king follows him is still unknown. His power became everything he said will comes true.

Ren Xiaozu's power, past
    i can't remember much about this things bc it's too many. Well, now he has a nickname given by others, the "Barrier Destroyer". lol

His past still unclear. But we learned in the past (before Catalysm) the experimental number 039, name Ren Xiaobei. How's they related sitill unknown.

Fatty Luo and Qing
    Now Qing Ye became the ruler of Qing Consortium. Xiaozu and Fatty are friends. They helped each other many time in what's they can do for friend, don't intervene in other business. (e.g. Qing's nuclear)

19. jtrichard

jtrichard [BL Reader] [La Mousse]

Reading List:
    Link
    Auto drop. #cryinspanish

20. moocho

moocho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I often remember what author said once, I dont write the story, the story writes itself.
    Humanity and multifaceted human nature play a major role. While reading, the content sends us into emotional genuflection. I struggle to process rationally sometimes.. It is hard, because while we read, we recognize ourselves in there. Amidst such darkness. In return, we realize what is important, we treasure hope, light. Purity amidst filthiness.

When light is gone, what is left?

A decision.

-
    This is a masterpiece. If it is the last webnovel I ever read, I am alright with that. I dont believe I can find its equal. MTLed or otherwise. I used to recommend Praise The Orc to uninitiated friends, as the one webnovel to read. That changed. One is a lake, the other an ocean.

Bravo.

hillo315 and FHandsome like this.