[Poll] Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 13, 2019.

Tags:
?

Could you assimilate into this island society with only your own gender?

1. I'm male - Yes! I'd love to live in this kind of world!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. I'm male - Yes, I could fit right in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm male - Yes... but I would secretly disagree

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. I'm male - I'm unsure

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. I’m male - No, I would verbally disagree with my own society

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. I’m male - No, I would secretly sabotage my own society

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. I’m male - No, I would actively fight against my society

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I’m male - No, I would try to defect to the opposite society (they might imprison/kill me)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I’m male - No, I would rather die than live in this setting

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  10. I'm female - Yes! I'd love to live in this kind of world!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  11. I'm female - Yes, I could fit right in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I'm female - Yes... but I would secretly disagree

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  13. I'm female - I'm unsure

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  14. I’m female - No, I would verbally disagree with my own society

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  15. I’m female - No, I would secretly sabotage my own society

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  16. I’m female - No, I would actively fight against my society

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I’m female - No, I would try to defect to the opposite society (they might imprison/kill me)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. I’m female - No, I would rather die than then live in this setting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I do not wish to answer

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    So this is an elaborate dramatization of the boys vs. girls games I used to play in elementary school... :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

Once upon a time, in a big vast endless ocean, there were two islands: Mars and Venus.

Mars was an island of only men.

Venus was an island of only women.

The reason for this bizarre distribution was because each island had their own Holy Lake, which is certainly not stolen from the previous poll. The key feature of this Holy Lake was that it has the power to spontaneously produce babies when somebody takes a bath (no pregnancy involved... because apparently NUF hates mpreg).

...Just close your eyes and wish for a baby and it will appear spontaneously in your arms.

The Lake in the Island of Mars only produces male babies.

The Lake in the Island of Venus only produces female babies.

Almost everyone on the islands of Mars and Venus grew up around their respective genders, rarely to see the other gender, and they believe their one-gender world is supposed to be the normal way of life.

+ + +

Incidentally, Mars and Venus are aware of the other island.

The islands are separated by three days and nights of open sea, so it is possible to sail between them.

However, the relations between Mars and Venus are terrible. They are each their own respective countries, they have their own sense of pride/nationalism, and the sexism is horrible (on the level of severe racism) because the people from the two islands look different and behave differently.

In fact, the two islands are frequently at war and they both have relatively militaristic cultures.

One reason for the war is that Mars and Venus have opposite seasons. When it is summer in Mars, it is winter in Venus. This produces opposite cycles of resource scarcity, so warriors from each island will typically attempt to raid the opposite island for resources. Furthermore, both islands are constantly trying to produce as many lake babies as their food situation allows = more warriors = perpetual food scarcity = more war = more dead bodies.

The second reason for the war is religious.

Both islanders are aware that it is possible for men and women to have sex, but it is regarded as a horrific unholy demonic thing. The placenta is regarded as a parasite from men, and honestly childbirth is such a horrible experience compared to the Holy Lake that can just painlessly give everyone a baby without pregnancy or bloody childbirth. Also nine months of pregnancy to incapacitate a woman?!?!

Basically, most women grow up seeing men as "demons" in this world.

Conversely, men view women as evil "witches", and many men believe that "witches" have the mystical ability to mind control them, drive them to insanity, and throw away their rationality. (Author's note: To balance the physical differences between sexes, I'm giving the girls an edge on innate magical power — but overall both sides are balanced and evenly matched)

...And generally both genders do horrible things to each other because of various forms of hate, and it's just a perpetual cycle of hate because revenge leads to more revenge and more revenge. In general, there are tons of dead bodies every year. Everybody knows somebody who was killed by a warrior from the other island.

+ + +

You are summoned to this world by Celestial who tells you she is tired of all the fighting.

Mainly, she wants you to figure out a way to stop the war between Mars and Venus.

She tells you good luck, and if you figure it out, she'll give you a reward for your next life.

Weirdly, the airheaded celestial neglects to give you any cheats, and she disappears before she can tell you anything else. You're just an average person of your gender. You are reincarnated as an infant on your gender's island, and you retain your memories from your past life.

There are no other islands in this universe, so do not bother attempting to find a new place to live. Both islands speak the same language, but they worship different deities. Please note that the physics of this universe are different from Earth, so do not assume your Earth knowledge will hold true in this new setting. As far as you are aware, deities genuinely exist, and magic has some relation with deity worship (and it is not wholly predictable/systematic in nature).

1. Could you be happy living your entire life on an island of only your own gender?

2. Would you try to change the widespread hate against the other gender? Is so, how would you approach it? Is there any way to stop the war?

3. Your senpai tells you they are going to preemptively attack the other island. Would you join the raiding party? What are your feelings on war and violence in general?

4. Suppose there is a war prisoner from the other island on your island. Would you help them escape but risk being caught yourself?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    NUF Red Light District and mir like this.
  2. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    And gays are from Uranus?

3. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you make it so you can be born the other gender? I would change genders, so female, use magic to bring over water of one lake to the other to see if anything changes.

4. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just introduce sex. It'll sort it self out after

Arash1 likes this.
  5. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    guys can use magic too, they're just weaker with regards to magic

they're aware of sex, but for religious reasons it's seen as a bad thing

6. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you know that childbirth used to be accompanied by a burst of natural LSD to the system of the woman giving birth before men decided they knew better and started injecting women with chemicals to make the process "painless" disrupting the natural LSD?

Can still be gotten with midwife care instead of hospital birthing.

Pyoo likes this.
  7. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy: never heard of this!

mir and Lurking like this.
  8. Gamenot

Gamenot Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I suppose I could destroy/poison one of the lakes. That would end the war eventually.

9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Do they have internet and novels?

10. qwerty1

qwerty1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Every day I see a poll that makes me more confused than the last

As for the actual poll, I'd verbally disagree because I'd like to think I'm a normal person. Secret sabotage would help THEM kill ME and Active sabotage would likely lead to death by another one of my society. Defecting to a society that thinks I'm inhuman is kinda dumb and I like living so.... yeah. Male btw.

mir, Arash1 and lychee like this.
  11. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    Bear Grill's 'The Island' is my response to that

12. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a small world. Each island is only about the size of... idk taiwan?

The overall population of this entire world is not very big.

I guess they would have books.

13. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess i'll commit heresy then (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

14. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I saw this in an anime, Vandread if I remember correctly.
    well, i don't have an input other than that sorry.

mir, Arash1 and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  15. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally can't even justify this -- because I feel like the bad end for one of the islands couldn't be anything other than horrible. :blob_teary:

16. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be the first to admit I'm not a leader. I'm not even a follower. I spectate like a normal NPC and like the majority of humanity. If you want change, one person can start a rally and gradually convince a small following that then grows, then the leader gets offed because he/she's inconvenient. Then the idea spreads over 1 to 3 generations and you see a small progress here and there and things gradually change. But under the surface, subconsciously, old ideas stick around and nag at you. The best option would be to eventually (after a generation or two) make the people live together and not separated. With more communication and getting used to each other, that subconscious bias may disappear.

Personally, I get bored by lack of diversity. Living with only women would get me depressed and dead earlier. I also wouldn't be interested in the magic babies, regardless how easy it is to get them. Sure, skipping the pregnancy and childbirth is great, but some people just aren't cut out to be parents, ya know. And why would I bring another kid to a world where the odds are she dies before she turns 30 (in a war). Maybe I'll pray to the female god for a magical contraceptive and some dildos. You get where this is going. The sexual frustration should be enough to change women's minds, maybe. If Freud was right, humanity is very sex-driven.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention. Change doesn't happen, unless there's some help from the other side as well.

lychee likes this.
  17. novalance

novalance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny there is like a survivor island that tried this, was dutch or something. Taking some random guys and gals to seperate islands. Guys did okay... Girls kinda imploded and started fighting among themselves getting nothing done. The producers then decided to do a exchange where some of each group would go over to each others place... Sadly the guys who went over to the girls side ended up slaving away...

18. Stormaggeddon

Stormaggeddon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    don't even understand the poll. if an island was solely populated by men, i'd either find another island so i could be alone. or i'd die trying to kill an asshole. if it was an island of women, i'd die from over- sexing. i'd just be a baby maker till i died. not that that's necessarily a bad way to go.

19. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    You hate being around guys that much? :blobrofl:

20. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Could you be happy living your entire life on an island of only your own gender?
    I can be happy living my life on an island entirely for mself by myself, so the answer is no
    2. Would you try to change the widespread hate against the other gender? Is so, how would you approach it? Is there any way to stop the war?

Yes there is, make those calling the shots fall, become the supreme ruler of all, introduce new laws and eliminate all oppositions but will I try to stop anything? probably not, the celestial didn't give me powers and threw me in a pain in the as* world, how is that better than kidnapping, therefore I won't help
    3. Your senpai tells you they are going to preemptively attack the other island. Would you join the raiding party? What are your feelings on war and violence in general?

Good for them, one way or another, I am going to do all that is in power to secure a good life away from all their troubles
    4. Suppose there is a war prisoner from the other island on your island. Would you help them escape but risk being caught yourself?

Depends on what they can offer me