Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite Greedy but I understand and appreciate the thought

Yandere Devil and Moonpearl like this.
  2. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  3. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Never heard of it before, I’m very interested

4. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Wrong, Author was one who plan to writing different Way a heart beats novel, not translator. I hope translator picked up GL.

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  5. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Moonpearl and Yandere Devil like this.
  6. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2019-11-22_23-9-36.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-22_23-9-53.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-22_23-10-5.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-22_23-10-19.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-22_23-10-30.jpeg

Looks great although I don’t know how much is true and how much is bait

Yandere Devil likes this.
  7. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    They look truly couple and match made in heaven.

I have watch or read this novel and drama. I didn’t like it at all. I hate this disgusting ML. He annoying and frustrated me too much. He is so immature, scum, spoiled brat and selfish who kept hurting general MC. He doesn’t deserve general. I was hope general choose her childhood friend, not asshole and stupid trash ML. I don’t understand why girls love this novel and watch drama. It’s not funny at all. It’s about ML being selfish, spoiled brat and asshole whole story and kept hurting general feeling.

I am waiting for Chinese Yuri drama. There are lot of BL dramas but not yuri drama. I feel life is so unfair. If they adapted Chinese yuri drama, I whole day watch it mutiple times and recommending my all siblings and cousins. And support it.

Moonpearl and AsianessPride like this.
  8. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's rather greedy in good way. :blob_grin: But Chinese ones are hard to be implemented when a lot of interactions and large cast with plot exposition is involved. Or there will be need to cut down story pretty hard.
    Thanks! It was nice. Pause from work is always nice even if it was costly in physical and finance way. :blobconfounded:
    Oh, about Didn’t Know General Was Female I said that there were 2 extras about second ending. I was wrong. Read it on different source, and they split last chapter in two hence the mistake.
    So it will only have one last chapter to go with huge 15k words count.

And about raws. Tried to check will I read Ivory Moonlight and tried first ark. Because certain someone made spoiler that it gets dark in second half of it.
    So 1-19 is really fluffy part of story even if there is a lot of mentioning that it will not last long. MC tries to stay in character. And after that (20+) she left FL with their child to let plot continue and to blacken FL. In later part of story there is more sad stuff for FL than fluffy stuff. FL made everything to keep MC to herself. But what I found interesting that sad for FL is not author intention. There is even Author note:
    Even in last chapter MC stayed with FL only after system changed her quest to side one (to let FL become number one) after main failed. So it's kinda bittersweet. Also, author note is kinda hypocritical, MC didn't have happy home to return to. Her plot situation was rather borked in reality. So maybe plot line has changed while author wrote story :blob_tilt:

Moonpearl likes this.
  9. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikemen Onna to Hakoiri Musume

Is a lovely fluffy story about how a girl mistook another handsome girl to be a guy and asked 'him' to crossdress to help raised the sale of the maid cafe. As a result, the girl promise to date the 'boy' in exchange, and that began the fluffy love story about misunderstanding and cuteness.:blobnosebleed:

It appeared on my native language translation so I wanted to share it here. :blobokhand:

10. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Just binge-read "didn't know the general was female", the story was real good. Enjoyed it a lot, even if the mc can be a bit too dumb sometimes

11. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting

12. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve been mtl for a while, I’m on the 5th world now. I’m gonna finish it but I’ve to say it doesn’t suit my taste. I enjoy yanderes, possessive characters, black bellied, and etc. But the Mc has never actually love the FL back. I meant, she has fond feelings for FL, not as a lover but maybe a sister or friend. She’s always forced in the relationship and only way she got out of it was leaving the world.

So far, theres only two worlds where she accepted the FL, maybe some force but accepts her either way. Which is the first world, Mc thought of FL as a lover, but to complete the mission, she had to say she didn’t like FL and acted cruel. FL came back 10 years later, rich and basically kidnapped Mc. Around the end of the arc, the system said Mc failed the first mission but started the second mission which was make FL the richest in the world. The other world the Mc was a daughter to an rich family and her character was a spoiled young rich lady. FL was basically a masochist at the beginning of this arc, considering she would get excited when told to clean Mc feet with her hands in front of a crowd. And then the zombie apocalypse happened all of a sudden while Mc was in class, most of the student became zombies. Mc and FL met up and hid away in a class room. FL proposed to Mc there. FL would do anything for Mc, very dedicated. For some reason, Mc’s mother didn’t like FL and she secretly push FL out in a crowd of zombie and FL got bitten. FL survive because she’s FL. Their relationship advanced when Mc’s brother went missing. Etc etc. At the end of the arc, when Mc left the world since she finished the mission and she was about to get raped, FL killed and tortured everyone involved. There was a scene where after FL defeated the strongest zombies, she would tell stories to Mc’s grave about things that happened. Mc, touched by FL’s love and dedication, gave FL one final kiss before she left

I honestly don’t want to finish it

13. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was already mentioned here but by another name: Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl But it still nice Mochi x Majoccoid making good ones from time to time. blobmelt_thumbs
    It's still not fully over :blobjoy:
    So author tried to stay true to that author note. :hmm:

So in other worlds situation is even worse?
    I guess all QT stories that doesn't have HE in each ark doesn't suit your taste. :blobsweat:

AsianessPride, Moonpearl and GDLiZy like this.
  14. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, that one... When it was still being updated on NU, I kept being tricked by the great-looking title and being disappointed. It's definitely het.

I also love this one~! The boyish lady really is super hot.

QT stories are hard to swallow even when the arcs have happy endings... I'm reading a Korean QT comic right now, and even the one where she stayed to grow old with her lover in one world was a bitter pill. Anything that continues on past a definite ending is hard~!

AsianessPride, Ubik and GDLiZy like this.
  15. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's matter of taste of course. And how things are after ark/world has ended. That depends on author.
    In one MC has memory wiped out after each one ark (I won't point finger but I know who is not fond of this type of resolution :blobpeek:) In another story she had all emotion attachments removed. Another way is what happened in world MC knows that person behind FL is the same one. So it depends on imagination :blob_coffee: Some are better than others.

In this one she counts nearly all arks as game. So no strings attached attitude. Like you have romance in game but doesn't mean you like that character as person or something like that. :blobunsure:

AsianessPride and Moonpearl like this.
  16. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    All those would still be bitter to me.

AsianessPride and Ubik like this.
  17. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is. :blobsad: But this situation is main characteristic of this genre. :blob_tilt:

AsianessPride and Moonpearl like this.
  18. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Hence why I try to avoid them... But there are so many QT yuri, so I can't pass them up. :blobsweat:

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  19. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    That sums it up pretty nicely :blobthinkingsmirk: My idea of HE is kinda vague, as long as they seem somewhat happy together. Unhealthy relationship or whatever doesn’t matter much. The status of the characters don’t matter either, murderer or psychopath are fine as long they treat the person well. Yandere and possessive characters I personally enjoy actually, but only for smuts and short-stories.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  20. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah too many to count, you can’t just skip all of them. Some are treasures, some don’t suit our tastes. If you’re lucky, you might find your treasure if you keep searching

Me :blobshh: *cough* Beauty Manufacturing System *cough*

Ubik likes this.