Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Keitaro123

Keitaro123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes~ always short on time on what i wanted to do~ Especially the novel~ i wanted to work on it some more~~! only got the time for it whenever i am at home~
    I am hating the stacks of paper that i always see whenever i enter the office~! so much stress at just the sight of it~!

Well~ Your right about that~ but i am expecting to join that Drinking stream next week to relieve some of this stress~ my visit to my mother's grave isn't enough apparently~ -sigh- :blobtired:
    Also~ are you posting it to ScribbleHub~? i would love to read it if possible~ yuri is the only thing stopping me from K. O ing my current manager~!

Btw~ have you girls/guys read the fanfiction(When Reality Changes) i was writing about~? i am currently close to finishing the second chapter and i estimated it to be as long as 5K words or maybe even 6K words if i decided to add plenty more of detail into it~!

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  2. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Drinking stream? Like a pub crawl?

Eventually~! I'm actually designing a little mini Christmas/New Year event for the Garden, and I thought I'd try writing these for it. They'll go up for everyone when the event ends.

I haven't yet, but I promise I will soon! I've been too tired for reading a lot these days, unfortunately; I've been resorting to manga, since it's easier on my brain.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2019
    Ubik likes this.
  3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    With my record of referencing novels and manga and leaving no links (tee~hee~) I might sound like a hypocrite but, link please

4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    That reminded me of rrl's "a soul's new home" which was really good but the author just dropped it

5. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And welcome back once again! :blob_pompom: And getting more time is simple. You could always cut down on sleep. :blob_grin:
    Yup. Me is reading but you already know it. :blobsweat:
    Oh, that sound interesting will look forward to it.
    It was already mentioned in this thread but I don't remember when :hmm: Here is link: When Reality changes.
    Has it in "to read" list. But never get to check it. Now looks like it's even doesn't matter.
    Since manga is mentioned. Did you check Mage & Demon Queen lately? Recent chapters are hilarious in some way.

--------
    Oh and since RRL was mentioned, kinda forgot about that one.
    There was new short story in "Lily Bouquet - A Girls Love Anthology" called "Smile For Me" it has 4 chapters (completed) and rather dark and has gory bits. MC met after 15 years her unrequited school love (FL). FL has bad marriage and abusive husband for long time and couldn't even take it any more. So she run away from home where she was caught by MC. After what MC see that FL had bruises after getting beaten she decides that nobody will hurt FL any more.

Moonpearl likes this.
  6. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just a small thing that won't take anyone too much time~! (Apart from me.) I thought it would be nice to have something in the holiday spirit, since it gets pretty quiet around here at this time.

I've been keeping up with it religiously. blobmelt_thumbs Mal's getting really bold~!

Keitaro123 likes this.
  7. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @AsianessPride @Yandere Devil have you guys read this, no drama and pure fluff. It looks like the two girls grew up since young and fell in love with each other over time, then when they're older, they pair. Was just wondering if you guys read this and what were your thoughts.

http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=947237

I do want to add that the author deleted/edited out a lot of smut scenes from this novel, you can tell from the last edited date plus the chapter notes on the one that is ~150 characters long.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  8. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t read this novel, I will read it. Summary look interesting and sweet. I love childhood love.
    Author delete or edit smut cause Chinese government will censors it or lock chapters if they see smut chapter. You can find that smut chapters in aggregator sites. So better to read from aggregator sites to not missed smut.

AsianessPride likes this.
  9. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven’t read it yet, where’s the summary? You mean the first line? Is that even considered a summary? Good recommendation, maybe @Tsuru55 would enjoy some fluff as well. I’m definitely interested though, 70 chapters will take me a day or so to finish mtl. I was always wondering what you mean by censoring smut, now i know it’s because I always read on the aggregator websites and not the official one

10. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes please let me know. Seems interesting but I just don't have time to read raws since I started translating :sweating_profusely:

That's why was hoping someone already read it to gimme a feel of their opinion. @Ubik your opinion would be nice too since I noticed you read raws as well

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  11. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AAAAAAAh ! I forgot about this one ! Care to spoil me ? I stopped reading after the chapter of animal FL becoming human and she is spoiling or spoiled by MC.
    I agree for Yuri fitness.
    I don't understand why they don't finish it. Sure, after reading the chapters picked up was ultra boring, no yuri, but at least finish this series !
    Oh didn't know that this series was yuri.
    I agree only if there are updates every week. 1 month updates are too long.
    I can't help but think i would have an easier time reading this series if there was a manga. For some reason , lately i totally gave up on yuri novel series, i don't know why.
    Ah. True. I forgot that chinese series, often details everything. So making a manga about them would be hard.
    NPCs !? WTF !
    And no happy home in original world !?
    WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF !
    Didn't recognize the title nor the summary so i googled it. It's the reverse trap series of Mochi au lait, guys.
    Sigh... shitty series in short.
    ... I don't tear up but i feel sad right now...
    Like Ubik spoiler said. There is no point as they are NPCs.
    I kinda want to make you stop reading it. Stop torturing yourself. I would prefer you read other series so you can find another fluffy masterpiece.
    I didn't know that it was possible that there was bad endings at the end of arcs of quick transmigration series.
    Strange. I think that seeing them grow old would surely bring me joy. Is it really that bad ? I can't imagine it. Maybe i need to read the korean QT comic you read.
    Agreed. As long they are happy together and are not in some shitty situation.
    I think a lot of people would have liked reading this info sooner from author. But i guess spoiling this info would also make the readers don't care about the FLs that appear during quick transmigration.
    Do you have a problem with this word ? 2nd you use misunderstood when it should be misunderstanding.
    Eh ? FL appear during quick transmigration ? Or it's a another NPC FL ? = cheating.
    I think he meant that it's similar of this doujin that both FLs confessed because of a punishment game.
    Disappointing. Beginning is sad. Not a lot of yuri. Ending is acceptable because they have sex and there is a joke at the very end.
    Don't move my Ashes.
    I also find this series, borderline acceptable. Author wrote the bare minimun of everything. Felt like a mini arc or something and not a full series.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ! A new series RIGHT WHEN I AM NOT REFRESHING DYNASTY FRONT PAGE !
    orz Disappointed even before i began to read it.
    For your info. LOTS AND LOTS of series on scribble hub are in hiatus. Or your computer got a problem = They are all still in the kinda same number of chapters as i left them a few months ago.
    Happy ending ? Can i skip to it ? Can you spoils other arcs after the mind reading girl ?
    *Erect ears* Eh ? Eh !?
    FUCK YOU CHINA CENSORSHIP !!!!!! orz *bang the floor*
    Give links if you find links to the smut chapters of this series.
    Spoilers plz !
    ------------------
    Peak transmigration, i lol:
    After saying that Amnesia Wu is really an innocent little white rabbit. Compared to Xuanyuan Yueming, she is trying to abduct the little white rabbit like a cunning monster, but the poor little white rabbit does not know it.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-guide-to-the-peak-of-quick-transmigration/
    I checked 2 last chapters. Wtf with galactic empire ?????????????? Shouldn't it normally end on a normal modern world ? Or does the first chapters is about when they are in the dimension of where the Earth is REALLY similar to original but different progression for MC ?

Sure the idea of immortal uncle bringing daughter up made her fall in love with him is a good plot but damn i only accept it at 30%. I would prefer a woman or no romance at all.

Ubik, AsianessPride and Moonpearl like this.
  12. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually watching them go through life together was sweet, but then she went back to the system room and was quietly, tenderly looking on a screenshot of his old face... Separation is too hard for me. :blob_teary: He was so sweet, and now she just has to accept going on without him forever and moving on~!

It turns out to be a Chinese one, but it's called "Cheating Men Must Die" and that's the second arc. You can read it here: https://mangadex.org/title/40778/cheating-men-must-die

That one's still good~! I just have some problems with the love interest's general attitude.

13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean "looking a screenshot of her old face" right ?
    EHHHHHH !? Why the use of "he" ???? Shouldn't the MC be a female ? Shouldn't the plot be about beating cheating men ? It's YURI !?
    Facepalm. I opened this tab 1h ago and i already forgot about it. Because checked new series on scribble after not checking for a few months and rebooting my laptop because it lags after one full day of keeping chrome full of tabs open.

Moonpearl likes this.
  14. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    No, his face - she was looking at a picture of her male lover's face when he'd grown old.

The MC is female, but she's straight. She goes through each world punishing adulterers, but she sometimes picks up a lover or love interest from the side characters.

Yeah, I forget about open tabs all the time too. :blobxd:

15. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, you went on a spree. A for going back 3-4 pages and answering them.

Ubik likes this.
  16. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    If this is about open tabs then I’m your girl
    upload_2019-11-26_14-21-28.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-26_14-21-40.jpeg

17. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tsuru55 that was quite an entry with that quote explosion. :blobscream:
    Ahem.
    I will have smaller one :blob_grin:
    If or when I will read it of course I would give my opinion. But not right now unfortunately. Still from tags and description looks nice. But what bothers me are tags "quarrelsome lovers" and quite large mentioned cast for not so big story. Large cast is hard in MTL. When I read The Imperial Doctor Belongs To The Princess where cast is huge. You even don't want to bother with that bunch of side characters.
    If count story in question edits made in October 2019 where another wave of censorship hit that was even more harsh than previous. Those ones that was posted on JJWXC are already mild in smut from the start. And even that was hit rather hard by recent waves. It is on the level where on syosetu they even wouldn't receive R-15 warning. :notlikeblob:
    I merge some of those quotes about this series. No, story is not shitty in any way. But I'm pretty sure it will be not for everyone tastes. Especially how whole plot and interconnection was handled.
    Reading in second to last chapter that whole backstory and points and mission in thousands worlds are lies. Are not a good twist and plot decisions. And when MC asked system will FL have memories from that worlds and receive an answer that she will not. Doesn't make it better.
    In overall, it looks like pretty nice story. But I already said that. :blobsweat_2:
    You know there was. Story in active(?) TL so I will put it in spoiler one.
    It's Beauty Manufacturing System where MC was caught (or rather forced herself in that) in FL revenge plot target her father in that world. That lead to MC death.
    Since system is main antagonist in whole story it teleported MC to place where FL try to took her revenge and that lead to MC death. Even memory wipes were part of system plot.
    But where MC actually fails in QT arks are rare cases. That's true
    I mainly talking about story on RRL. I had quite a large number of tabs with that stories because RRL quite bothersome with reading lists and whole tracking system. And of course there are stories on hiatuses both in RRL and SH. SH has much better interface to check that.
    Oh well. Plot synopsis in spoiler for latest story.
    MC was geeky girl from the beginning and fallen for FL from the start who was her best friend and unrequited love. But in last year in high school FL had fallen for a guy and wanted to marry him after graduation. MC wish them luck cut her ties with FL. Even if FL didn't have any most contacts aside from her. Nothing good came from marriage too. Her husband beaten her every time and FL decides enough is enough. And runway from home because she didn't even have any person who would support her. And was caught by MC that fully support her and finally made confession and said that she love when she smiles. But previously, MC had lived in same city fully changed her image to beauty style but still was single because she still loves FL. And saw how whole story unfolds. She made some revenge. Kidnapped FL husband and brutally mutilate him with crowbar. Then comes and picked FL up when she runawayed. After night together MC goes to shop and during her absence in room FL seen that on TV there are photos of her murdered husband and realizes everything. And made decision that she will remain with MC that become and was only support in her life. MC said that all she wants that FL will keep smile for her.
    IIRC I already some time ago made spoilers for other arks. Oh well.
    I'll try to be short it's enough large spoilers in this post already.
    - Lucille's Unforgettable Family Christmas (2 parts): continuation of "Love My Owner" (where MC turns into cat to become closer with FL). They met on Christmas mother of FL who found out about their relationship. But she supported their relationship as long MC keep her girlfriend smiling and happy.
    - New Year's Resolutions (3 parts) - circles of friends met at MC house at New Year Eve and after some questioning it became known that some of them in love but can't confess to each other so MC started to work as cupid.
    - The Algorithm Of Love(4 chapters) - Near future. MC build gynoid (android) that she wanted to fall in love with her and program her to be like that. She has some doubts that she will feel the same. But in the end she fell for her creation.
    They have their sweet time. Unfortunately MC made very heavy crime. In that time was some laws made that protected androids. And was made MC was forcing her in relationship that FL as android and program her. So in eyes of law she used her and used her helplessness and exploit her. MC was sentenced to jail after court. And because of anti-android movement was sent to max security confine but before that she was rescued by FL. Not to complicate things and to protect FL MC remove all memory about her and return to complete her punishment. After jail she goes to hospital and made surgery to remove all memory about FL and surgery was success. So she will be able to live without a pain and depression that she had that time. So they started living different lives

But after some time they met again and now FL approached MC and confessed to her, afraid to be rejected. They hooked again and become a couple in the end. Officers that were watched from sidelines didn't find that was breaking the law since FL approached first.
    Chocolate Kiss - continuation of "Our Kisses Note" very sweet valentine story.
    Til Life Do Us Part (2 chapters) - MC mets ghost of her girlfriend at her funeral. Story revolves about their feeling and afterlife. I gave before large spoiler about this one here so this will be all.
    The Kidnapped Princess (6 chapters) - two friends/comrades on quest for rescuing princess. Where one is strong type other is intelligent type sidekick. First is mercenary, other is runaway daughter of nobility. Mercenary have wish to after rescuing princess to ask her hand in marriage. Noble girl secretly in love with her comrade but still helps her in every way as long as she will be happy. Story has more action than other ones. And they finally rescued princess and then become some expected and unexpected development.
    Expected was that those two ended with each other. Unexpected that princess has some crush on noble girl and runaway with them in the end.
    I think God of Tabs is very delighted in what was shown. I hope it will not demand mass sacrifice of those :blobpeek:

p.s. Yesterday was reading quite funny and entertaining discussion on one of latest manga chapter of "Machikado Mazoku" it has some spoilers from next volume (about 20 chapters ahead of current manga translation). Should now Mazoku could be counted as yuri or not :blob_grin:
    Spoiler in question:
    [​IMG]

19. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't try to answer. I just wanted to give you an info about all the series on scribblehub in case you are someone that read series on scribblehub too. If you bother to check series didn't update for a few months.
    Oops. It's just that my brain mostly remember only the mind reader arc because it was the one that made the most impression on me.
    How did police learn that she programmed her android to love her ? Android girl saying too much info to random passer by or to police or random researcher that questionned her ?
    Checked beginning/ending.
    Who is the dyed blonde girl with perfume ???? Why she did that ?
    Speaking of this series that i didn't read or watch the anime, i found a youtube video about the cat in it. He spoke. And what a cool voice and a cool line. *Fangirling*
    WOW O_O *eyes falling from sockets*
    A canon yuri became a true yuri series in the end !?
    *Faint with a nosebleed*

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  20. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda wanted a yuri... orz

Moonpearl likes this.