Discussion Pick your path... again...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AryaX, Nov 26, 2019.

?

What shall it be?

1. 1. Normal, safe, long life...

22 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. 2. Epic, short life...

17 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you died and were offered two options for your next life...

1). A safe, "normal" life in some futuristic setting... A life of working nine to five every day, for someone else... You will not be some big shot in any sense... You will not be lucky enough to do some dream job that you might even do as a hobby without pay, but it won't be total drudgery either... You'll be making enough money to get by easily and to be able to pay for your hobbies, etc... And your life expectancy will be in the indefinite range...

You may die by an accident at any point of course, but violent crime is virtually non-existent and medical tech is at the level that, for someone with your means, any disease is cureable and you can maintain an eternal youth, for all intents and purposes, forever... On the other hand, no old age, of course, also means no pensions and such... you will work, for as long as you live...

2). An "epic" life in some pre-modern or fantastic setting... You will be someone of high importance... Maybe a king or some epic hero, or maybe you'll be a demon king instead or something... You won't get to choose, nor know in advance what it will be, but you will be someone of great significance, of consequence... And it will be something that fits your character and you will enjoy greatly... Your life expectancy will be well below hundred years however... no matter what you do...

2. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Safe!

otaku31 likes this.
  3. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Futuristic setting please. At least future enough that the fantastic chair in wall-e already exist.

Rhydec likes this.
  4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Safe! (2)

5. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    A long and normal life is best, so I pick #1!

You don't need epic adventures or status to be happy when you can find plenty of little things that leave you satisfied. If I really want to be some bigshot, I could probably find a VR thing in the futuristic setting and play out my fantasies in games and stuff. Then I could pretend to be awesome and settle back into my normal life without consequences when I was done.

If there's enough money to pay for my hobbies, then I'm absolutely content!

Manor, Liola and otaku31 like this.
  6. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there anime in the future? Do I still have time for gaming or reading novels online? Can I order an automaton wife? Will work be at home? Is there a fitness program for possible retirement ages, and easily healthy yet delicious meals for anyone? If majority of these are yes, then yes, reincarnate me in the first timeline.

0000000 and Liola like this.
  7. Wayang Emperor The First

Wayang Emperor The First 《The First Loli》《Cute Little Kid♡》

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Loislalion

Loislalion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Live fast, die young. I don’t want to live till a hundred.

Deleted member 155674 and anon like this.
  9. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    short and exciting. i don't have the attention span to put up with living forever and accomplishing nothing.

10. onnyfp

onnyfp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On this current life, I prefer a slow, simple life. But if I were to have a second life, I want it to be a fantastic ride.

11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I see 12 people picking epic short life with me wondering if they are the "Live High, Die Young" type. I am type 1, because ffs I am lazy as fuck, I am not even planning to live a long life in type 1, just comfy enough until I feel like I can go and die. Probably when all my debts are paid, my family is well fed and no more deadlines...

Liola likes this.
  12. Rhydec

Rhydec Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I choose epic and I will blow up the world in the safe route :blobdevil:

13. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    A cog in the machine, replaceable, worthless, nobody will remember me after a week I die, that's me in this life. so that's why I'd choose epic in the next life.

14. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can expect social safety net that guarantees all the basic living necessities even if you refuse to work... Food, water, minimal but sufficient housing, medical care and access to "unlimited" free entertainment. But everything you get for free is filled with propaganda, uninterruptible advertisements and various shame incentives to get your bum ass working. And while available work is plenty, you can be more or less guaranteed that there is none available that you will find truly fulfilling. All the real work is done by the robots owned by the elite, while all the work available to you, exists solely for the sake of you having some work to do, to keep you from creating trouble for the elite in your idle time...

PS. Is this is the real future we are heading to?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  15. Loislalion

Loislalion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Americans should vote Yang and get $1k/mo. In the future, automation will take over customer service phone centers, accounting, HR, driving, food prep, and other rote tasks. This is the future we’re headed in or humanity goes broke.

16. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to live long and I am lazy, I pick fantasy

17. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I expect worse, as yours is not that bad, if you consider other dystopian futures.