[Poll] You are a dragon egg...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 29, 2019.

?

Will you telepathically contact anyone to ask for help?

1. I'm male - I will contact the Farmer

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. I'm male - I will contact the Farmer's Wife

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. I'm male - I will contact the Eldest Son

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. I'm male - I will contact the Middle Daughter

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. I'm male - I will contact the Youngest Son

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  6. I'm male - I would keep waiting for someone better, even if it is risky

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  7. I'm male - I would keep waiting and hope I'm not discovered

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  8. I'm male - I'm unsure

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  9. I'm female - I will contact the Farmer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I'm female - I will contact the Farmer's Wife

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. I'm female - I will contact the Eldest Son

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  12. I'm female - I will contact the Middle Daughter

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  13. I'm female - I will contact the Youngest Son

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  14. I'm female - I would keep waiting for someone better, even if it is risky

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  15. I'm female - I would keep waiting and hope I'm not discovered

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  16. I'm female - I'm unsure

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  17. I do not wish to respond

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon poll #3! :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

You were killed and reincarnated into a world with dragons, except your species are almost extinct. Currently there is a genocide occurring against dragons, and OP human monster slayers are rampaging around the world killing every last dragon.

Incidentally, you were born as a dragon — except dragons in this world have a bizarre quirk that they spend the first seven years of their life as an egg.

Dragon's attain consciousness as an egg, and they are able to communicate with their mother (or anyone in a 100 meter radius) telepathically. They are also able to sense anything in a 100 meter radius through a sixth spatial sense that dragon's have.

However, eggs are completely unable to move or alter their environment.

Additionally, eggs need to be kept warm or else the dragon baby inside will freeze to death.

+ + +

Incidentally, your mother dragon was being hunted when she was pregnant with you, and she was constantly on the run. You were aware of this despite being an egg.

One day, in the middle of the night, your mother needed to go lay you (give birth), so she crawled into an oversized human farmer's barn and laid you in the straw (it's warm!). She then hid you by covering you with straw. However, she was still being hunted/chased so she flew away immediately.

However, for whatever reason, your mom never came back.

Two or three days later, you can only wonder if your mom got killed.

+ + +

You have a more pressing problem.

Specifically, you are literally inside a human farmer's barn, and if you are discovered... bad things are bound to happen.

Young dragons (and dragon eggs) can be sold for millions of gold coins on the black market, and you are one of the most precious commodities in existence. Through various horrific magical methods, dragons can be enslaved and brainwashed if they are taken as an egg. If a sorcerer gets their hands on a dragon egg, they can magically destroy the personality/ego of a dragon baby so that it grows up no different from a dumb soulless draft horse — and then be used as a rare form of transportation by human dragon knights.

You have encountered human dragon riders before (as an egg), and their dragon mounts are... like empty husks. You have no idea how humans manage to do this, but it seems horrible. They are sort of like zombie dragons with no personality or individuality at all.

+ + +

In either case, it's a matter of time before the human farmer comes and cleans out his barn.

You have been watching the human farmer and he seems like quite a scary individual. There is a tree stump next to your barn, and every day he takes five chickens and beheads them with an axe — and he also slaughters a pig — right in gory detail a couple meters away from you.

This by it self isn't too suspicious (except for the fact that he must be a wealthy farmer for having so many animals) — aside for the fact that you are are positive that he farmer is a cruel and sadistic person.

The reason for this is that he tortures each animal before slaughtering it — for instance by pulling off the toenails from the pigs, gouging the eyes of the chicken, skinning the occasional live kitten starting from the tail... all while laughing maniacally.

...You know... he's a pretty suspicious guy... and obviously PETA doesn't exist in this world.

Getting discovered by the farmer is... probably not a good thing.

+ + +​

Your only option right now is to telepathically send a message to someone in a 100 meter radius and ask them to move you / hide you / take care of you before the farmer inevitably discovers you.

Alternatively, you could keep silent and hope he farmer never cleans out the barn — but the straw inside is pretty fresh/clean, so you can only assume that the barn is used/restocked fairly often.

You have five more years before you hatch, so it's quite a lot of time where you are vulnerable.

+ + +

The past three days, there are five humans who regularly pass by your 100 meter radius.

A) The Farmer
    He's definitely a scary person so you would be an idiot to contact him telepathically.

B) An Older Woman
    Presumably the Farmer's wife. You rarely see her outside, so you know next to nothing about her. However, she is frequently standing next to the Farmer when you see them together.

C) A Proper Young Man
    Presumably the eldest son of the family. He's seems to be a pretty busy guy, pulling plows and doing farm work. He is extremely punctual and meticulous. He is always up at exactly 5 o'clock AM and his routine is exactly the same every day. He cleans up after himself very well and there is never a spot of dirt any place where he has worked.

D) A High School Girl
    Presumably the middle child of the family. She is... a bit odd. Very spacey and tends to stand around staring at nothing. You are never quite sure exactly what she is doing. She is also not very talkative. There is a slight concerning point that she may have some of the sadistic features of her father (albeit a "lite" version). For instance, you once spotted her pouring oil on an anthill and lighting it on fire — chasing ants around with a burning stick — all while smirking to herself and snickering with a creepy smile. She also has a hobby of dissecting insects and frogs.

E) A Mischievous Boy
    Presumably the youngest child of the family. He is very loud and energetic. In fact, you see him the most because he is constantly spending time outside. He climbs up trees and tries to prank his other family members — although he is rarely successful because he's a little dumb. Personally, you think he is kind of annoying and he always makes stupid jokes (he also laughs at his own jokes even though no one else finds them funny). He also is a bit of a braggart and likes to shout to everyone when he thinks he's done something amazing, like catching twelve fish from the local pond with his bare hands. Beside from this, he seems like a relatively ordinary kid, albeit reckless and does a sloppy job with his chores.

1. Will you telepathically contact anyone? Why did you choose the person that you did?

2. What will you say?

3. Suppose the person you contact refuses to help you unless you offer them something. How will you negotiate with them?

4. Suppose the person you pick threatens to take you to be magically brainwashed or sold for 1 million gold coins. Can you get them to change their minds?

5. Suppose that you end up being carried around by one of the kids. Two years later, you encounter one of the kid's friends who genuinely seems like a better person than your kid. Will you try to contact the other person to steal you and run away?

6. How well can you judge a person just from watching them?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    girisuherman and NamGi like this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd NTR his wife. :blobpeek:

3. samjack

samjack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If this were a novel, I'd love to read it.

lychee likes this.
  4. AZ09XO

AZ09XO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Will you telepathically contact anyone? Why did you choose the person that you did?
    I Chose the Youngest kid because since he IS an ordinary kid. And ordinary kids will care for most things that seem cool/adorable no matter what anyone says. (plus potential plot armor ordinary kids seem to have in books)
    2. What will you say?
    "Uh, hi? I don't want you to freak out too much, but I'm an egg living inside your barn. Please don't tell your parents."
    3. Suppose the person you contact refuses to help you unless you offer them something. How will you negotiate with them?
    I'll be their vassal and ride as a part of a dragon knight. A sentient dragon should be way better than a dead one.
    4. Suppose the person you pick threatens to take you to be magically brainwashed or sold for 1 million gold coins. Can you get them to change their minds?
    No clue. Can I brainwash them instead? Otherwise beg for my life.
    5. Suppose that you end up being carried around by one of the kids. Two years later, you encounter one of the kid's friends who genuinely seems like a better person than your kid. Will you try to contact the other person to steal you and run away?
    No.
    About as well as the next guy.

Donutmindme, Astaroth and lychee like this.
  5. VesperNyan

VesperNyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

The old woman, no one suspects the old woman.

2. What will you say?

Hi,
    but in Black Speech with a bit of mind domination.

I offer the one thing that she desire most, but cannot have. TO SERVE DIO SAMA
    4. Suppose the person you pick threatens to take you to be magically brainwashed or sold for 1 billion gold coins. Can you get them to change their minds?

Mr. Rogers is disappointed in you, but he loves you regardless.

Well I never shy away from another pawn.

6. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    These all seem to be terrible options. The youngest kid seems the safest, but also like the one most likely to unintentionally blurt out the existence of the egg to the others. -_-;;;

7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    How? by telling her a dragon egg is better to use than a dildo or some vegetables :blobconfused:
    Maybe, you should rethink this, you are taking a bad approach considering you are an egg :blobsweat_2:
    Anyway, best approach here (in my opinion of course) is to form some friendship with insects and animals around, perhaps cause a ruckus or some infestation or stampede, taking advantage or that, escape can be made or maybe make a deep hole underground till time to get out, being a telepath and an animal at that meams that you can send your thoughts and read other thoughts and I don't think that would be limited to humans only, options are endless if I am to go through them one by one:hmm:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2019
    Rainingmoon and Arash1 like this.
  8. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but the oldest kid will choose the most proper option of telling the dad D:

lychee likes this.
  9. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link

maybe the boy or the young man
    2. What will you say?
    if it's the boy I'd tell him that if he takes care of me I'll be his mount so that he can be knight! If it's the young man then I'll promise him that when I hatch I will share 40 maybe 50% of my hoard when i gain money
    if they want more than honestly they can just kill me now or sell me, i'd have a better chance with some asshole who wants to purge me or use me as a mount
    nahhh I've done everything I can and it's more their loss than mine, if I get brainwashed it'd be the same as dying for me so I wouldn't really suffer anyway
    if they've kept me for two years I'd probably be too attached to run away from them now honestly
    most of the time pretty well, sometimes I don't understand why I understand until later when i actually register what my brain has already calculated xD

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    lychee likes this.
  10. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s why he isn’t the safest. I’m not saying the youngest would do it on purpose the way the oldest one would, but he seems like the type of kid who would have a lot of trouble keeping a secret because he’d want to brag about it too much.

11. MrBugaw

MrBugaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are all terrible options. There's no way contacting any of those humans won't backfire and end up with me as a slave.

As a result, I'd like to enact a little plan I call "Animal Farm".

That's right, I'm taking mental control of the animals and causing them to slaughter the humans on the farm. The animals will take me to a hot springs nearby and dig a hole to hide me in for the next seven years.

The animals will then tear up the farm, making sure there is no evidence of dragons when other humans come to investigate.

Then I'll start my guerilla warfare of survival. Dragons in story can shapeshift, so I'll be pretending to be a human for years to learn their magics. Once I'm in a high society position I'll start secret wars between human nations, coincidentally destroying those mage enclaves that have the magic to mindwipe dragons. Once the humans are in total chaos and the enslaving magic lost to humans, then I will seek out more of my kind to rebuild. Even taking the mindwiped dragon mounts can be used to build up dragon kind once more.

Then, when my dragon civilization is built up, and dragons are trained in magic and martial skill, no one will dare enslave us again.

12. RyuOdjin

RyuOdjin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can the telepathic voice sound like anyone's including the different family members voices. If yes, then the mind games are on.

13. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The answer is, all of them. I don't need to reveal myself to talk to them. I'll act like some sort message from god or something and see if I can manipulate their actions. The ones I can manipulate the easiest I'll tell my location but not directly but through a task.

As mentioned, I'll assign them tasks based on their profile. Options include:
    farmer - promise them wealth, even if they are rich or sadistic, they want money
    wife - same thing
    proper young man - their own land
    girl - turn her into a princess
    boy - turn them into a hero

I'm not the devil I swear!

Promises are meant to be broken! I repeat I'm not the devil!

I'll tell them to go ahead. It isn't a problem really. You think being sent to be brainwashed is the worst case scenario. I disagree.

I am a reincarnator who is a dragon, that means I can spill secrets of dragons that no one else can get their hands on.
    A mage who is obsessed with knowledge is not going to pass up that once in a lifetime opportunity.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Not sure what is being asked here. It's pretty hard to judge a person overall, sure you can get their general personality. But their bottom line is harder to judge. Generally, it's simply easier to judge based on their motivations.

14. DankMCD

DankMCD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I'm not really a masochistic person, even if I am, pretty sure I would only die by the hands of the farmer and the girl, so not them. I'm really skeptical about the older woman since she's rarely outside, and if she is, she will always be beside the farmer so contacting will put me in a huge risk of getting discovered by the farmer. About the proper young man, I need more time to observe him so I can safely judge whether he's good or something even worse than a sadistic. The boy will most likely be my choice because, he's practically dumb and he's a kid, it's easy to make him follow me as long as I offer him great powers after I hatch.

2. "Yo, I'm the holy egg of wisdom. You're chosen to be one of my benefactors to receive great powers in exchange of taking care of me."

3. Threaten him with some magic if I could or tell him that it's his loss and I will just grant others with great powers.

4. Let him talk on and on. It's not like he would really sell me off, he's too dumb for that. He'll get tired of that and I'll just say that I can offer a greater power worth more than my worth in the black market.

5. No, but I would just wing it and fly as far as I can as soon as I hatch, because it's a greater risk to stay there after hatching.

15. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Since all the options are so bad might as well just gamble on the old lady, cause you're probably done for either way... Though if she's a house wife doing chores or w/e so she never goes out, but then suddenly starts going out to take care of you, chances of being found out over 5 years is pretty high...

Maybe the oldest brother if you can somehow convince him? Though maybe he'll just secretly dispose of you since both having a dragon and selling a dragon egg for lots of riches is just asking for trouble to show up at their doorstep...

You would probably have the highest chance of convincing the youngest to keep you alive by making him dream of becoming a dragon knight or something, but he'd probably get found out over the 5 years, and that's assuming he even manages to keep his mouth shut in the first place. He might even take you to show off on his own initiative...

IF she can be convinced to not kill you then the young girl might perhaps be the best bet. She'd be the least likely to spill the beans or try to sell you off. You could maybe try to talk with her first, but there's no need to mention that you're an egg or anything from the start, just to see how she reacts.

Yup, this is the most important point imo.

lychee likes this.
  16. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Why can we only communicate with the humans @lychee?
    Can't i just communicate with the animals/insects, maybe brainwash them, to start a rebelion against the farmer and his family.
    With their not as developed sense of selfe, it should be easier to maje them yield to my graet selfe.
    After the family is raken care of, i just have to order the animals to take care of me.

I will then continue training my mind control. Then i will try to take revenge for my dead (soul less husks) breatheren. By doing the same to humans, and make a soul less puppet (human) army.
    Use the army to start a rebelion and kill the dragon slayers.

Arash1 likes this.
  17. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    You can talk about you can’t “brainwash” or mind control them to any degree.

Most animals aren’t sophisticated to understand what you say to them.

It would be like if you could telepathically talk to your cat. They just wouldn’t understand — or even know where the voice is coming from.

18. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    What if u teach the middle kid with dads sadistic methods
    Wont the middle kid start to rever me as their mentor???
    At least until I hatch!

lychee likes this.
  19. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TL;dr: You are screwed. Hard.

The farmer is a suicidal option.
    The wife is the least dangerous. But probably loyal enough to screw you over.
    The girl is also pretty fucked up.
    Kids cant/suck at lying.
    The young man has a stick up his arse and won't be breaking laws or conventions.

So yeah. You are as good as dead or worse.

SilverCrow63 likes this.
  20. ediav42

ediav42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Choose the youngest kid as they seem easiest to convince (even if he does brag about a dragon egg no one would believe him as long as he doesn’t show them) and be least swayed by money. The farmer, wife and eldest son are adults (or close enough) to know the value of money and would have a higher chance of doing bad things to me (selling, breaking or otherwise) as well as possibly be aware of the possible dangers of harboring such a hot commodity.
    I would only need to be kept warm so yay for low maintenance “pets” so the kid being sloppy isn’t much of an issue. Just need some straw and a good place to lay low for a few years (maybe this outdoors kid would know a better spot and could provide the straw and such). Plus this kid is young and could have potential to be a badass if “trained” in the form of games (mostly running or swinging a stick or something).
    Really only danger is if he blabs but as long as he doesn’t show me it’s all good and people should assume he’s just bragging again (him being prideful is also useful to me).
    As for the girl, she may just mess me up without any chance (burning ants is pretty normal kid stuff but don’t wanna risk it since this kid is the youngest and thus most impressionable).
    Finally, this kid likely isn’t going to inherit the farm (the eldest some will and he is already well adjusted to the life and would probably sell me or something bad as I’m a risk to his livelihood) so him moving out and going on a journey is probable.

2. What will you say?

First just do a greeting when no one is around (he will likely be surprised and talk out loud and while people thinking he is a weird kid with an “imaginary friend” may help make others more dismissive he may just show me to prove he didn’t lie that time so I don’t wanna risk such unknown variables) and say hi. Get a conversation going like their name and maybe give my own (or have him name this “voice” if I don’t have one and hope it doesn’t suck as naming things will increase their attachment and make them less likely to screw me over; even if it does I can just treat it as a nickname between friends and get a real name when born). Probably would ask to get a nickname as increasing attachment is key. We would chat and after I feel I have a decent grip on his personality and lay the foundation for the reveal (like asking if there are warm places all year round that no one but him goes to like a hidden hot spring as unlikely as it is you never know unless you ask, or even just a hidden secret base no one knows; and asking if we could be friends), I tell him about me in the barn and ask for help moving to a safer place and supplying me with warm straw as needed (I’m a dragon egg so I shouldn’t be too fragile and high maintenance besides needing warmth).

I’m a dragon, so there is a decent chance I have some inherent draconian knowledge or maybe instincts that could help like knowing how to train basic magic or something? So I could guide him to step on the path of a badass ally to help me when I hatch and I help him too. If not, I could make a deal to be his friend and ally for the rest of his life (I intend to keep it too as human lives are shorter than mine so even if things suck, which it shouldn’t be that bad as discussing myself as a mindless dragon for him will help my survival and avoid being hunted, I would owe at least that much for saving me from being enslaved and/or sold. With any luck we could find my mom or other dragons (I need to bang at some point to keep my race going) and save them from the genocidal badass jerk dragon hunters. Like one option is to steal dragon eggs from dragon knights as I wouldn’t be surprised if they breed dragons, have them be layed and then lobotomies and enslave them (this would be a long term plan and I would prefer stealth for it).
    I could also tell stories of my original world to entertain (depending on whether that was a magic or modern world I could teach him education and maybe some simple science tricks/experiments or magic in general).

Explain that as a commoner kid, a magic user would never allow him to be magically bound to a dragon and would be more likely to kill him at worst and steal me or just steal me and maybe curse/threaten the kid to secrecy best for themselves.
    Also ask him what would he even do with all that gold if he did somehow miraculously get it without dying because of it? There is so much money out there but this is his only chance to befriend a dragon and change his life (I’m going to encourage dreams of him being an adventurer with me as a mount, even if that may be humiliating for a dragon’s pride I would owe him that much and I wouldn’t be his slave and more of a friendly partner) and make his mark on the world. All in all I should be able to manage convincing this kid one way or another with emotional, logical (though simplified as this kid is a kid and likely only having basic if any education) words and promises.

No. If I have made it two years already I will have developed a rapport with the boy and I intend to keep my promise as he kept his. Just three years until hatching so why would I risk it all for some friend who just seems better? I’m not gonna risk things and will double down on my decision (even if this kid is worse than I thought and dreams of being a dragon genocider, I could run away when I hatched at worst).

That is difficult as how well can you know a person (even years known friends) really? You can’t know for sure unless they are tried and tested (like would they risk their life for you? Would you do the same?). You just have to do your best and trust your gut and the info you observed.
    Though I think a kid is less complex and thus more easily judged with enough watching. So the reckless, prideful slightly dumb boy is the best choice (I have seen the most of him after all and thus have more info to make a good choice).

lychee likes this.