Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New stories are always welcome :blobsalute:

Nothing especially new but there was new Snake Woman and Offering-chan chapter by Nagori Yu

AsianessPride likes this.
  2. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha I saw. Well I'll wait around until Xmas to see if they actually translate it. If they don't by then, I'll just do it since it will only take me a week to finish the novel.

Then I'll go pick something else. Think after I finish DBJ or never dare to abuse fp I'll pick up senior brother is actually a discipline sister!

Ubik and Yandere Devil like this.
  3. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, I couldn’t find chapter 7 of that novel. Chapter 7 was lock.

Ubik likes this.
  4. Scribblezo8

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm just curious, but did it leave like a big questionable plot? That's like a little over 10% of the story gone right there!

Ubik likes this.
  5. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik likes this.
  6. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn’t stop laugh reading this novel. It’s sweet, funny.
    poor First life was misunderstanding, FL wanted marry MC, she discussed with MP about she wanted marry MC and what MC like. But MC thought this two are going to marry each other, so she started dislike FL. She die by accident, get second chance, She trying to avoid MP and FL. It’s funny how FL shameless kiss Mc. The Interact between MC and FL is funny.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/scheming-villainesss-counterattack/

7. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Call me or say it in yuri garden when translation is completed. Interested.

8. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny, the first chapter is just Mc dissing FL. :blobnobully:

Gotta say though, MP is quite a brat, I don’t understand his reasoning. Oh well, gonna go mtl it now :cookie:

Took a look at it on jjxic, how do you know all that? You can see that much from 9 chapters? Can’t tell if it’s ongoing or not, probably gonna be the shortest I’ve ever read.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Ubik likes this.
  9. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is you can find it at right side top of jjwxc.
    Article progress: completed - completes novel
    Article progress: serialization which mean it’s still ongoing

I read that novel, MC and FL solve misunderstandings at ch 9. Don’t expect plot much, some chapter is more likely Mc dissing FL, light novel.

Ubik likes this.
  10. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately looks like the shorter the story less chances that it will be available on other sources. :blobsad:
    For this short novel (short even on chapter sizes) losing one chapter is very bad. And leaves very bad aftertaste. :notlikeblob:
    MTL is average bad and quite confusing. Story looks like from the start is badmouthing and describing how MC met and falls for girl on previous life. Then suddenly locked chapter :blobastonished: :blobsalt:. After locked chapter shift in story and MC calling FL reincarnated person and they talking about their previous life resolving misunderstanding in next :blobdizzy: You get a feeling about missing something important in there.

------------
    Oh and I forgot. There was new series with Mochi au Lait as author and Minoda Kaidou as artist.
    Yamitsuki: "A story abut being loved by dangerous stalker girls..."
    Chapters are short. It has unique art. And yanderes and stalkers. And it's strange.

And there is new chapter of Whispering You a Love Song. Jealousy and love rivalry in the same chapter.

Moonpearl and AsianessPride like this.
  11. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  12. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone draw amazing fan art of Lin Wanyue And Li Xian in Twitter today. Go see it, Art look so much like general and princess

Moonpearl, Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  13. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New oneshot (incest) of Mochi:
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/onee_chan_you_cant_escape_from_a_loli#1
    CAUTION ! NSFW ! (nipples)
    Just MC bathing and her+loli sister sleeping together spiced with a color image cosplay.

Ah and i also really liked the random image girl (no clue of the source) that appeared in the translator credits page. The drawing and colors somehow are epicly well done. Giving a "realistic" vibe.

AsianessPride likes this.
  14. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? Link it

15. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  16. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Just tried wataten (no links cause tis moi) and found it both creepy and healing so my face was split in the middle with one side having a weirded out expression and the other with a smile

17. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it should be taken with grain of salt. :blobsalt: All female sport series are rarely contain yuri. And that author from twitter marked Tamayomi anime as yuri series too. Tags of manga source of it on MU doesn't even contain GL subtext. :blob_tilt: I think these series should be called as another CGDCT and not yuribait there is no mention of it. :blobokhand: Maybe some fanservice :blobwhistle:
    And what is Hanabano? :blobunsure:
    Still twitter is nice in a way of reading and posting news on ongoing series and adaptations.
    And I like that quote:
    :blobrofl:
    Drawing was nice but itself it's mediocre. Mochi could do better.
    Cute! :aww:
    ----------
    Ok, now for new, ongoing and picked up series:
    Teiji ni Agaretara has new chapter one of girls finally accepts her feelings. That was fast usually it takes 30 or so chapters of drama.:blob_grin:

There is new series: Can't Defy the Lonely Girl - former top student in middle school that weak under pressure failed at test and couldn't enter top high school to follow her overrespected brother steps and caught up with him later at college. In new high school teacher rather forced her in position of class representative and made an offer. MC should take one bothersome person in the class and continue to support if she made that she will receive recommendation letter to top uni (what is looks like forbidden). Bothersome person was her old acquaintance that learns of MC secret and blackmail her to follow her whims (max one wish per day). And first was kissing.

And picked up:
    @whitenight2013 or Experimental Translations has picked up Senpensekai no Madoushoshi/Grimoire Master teaser of it was TL by Amarezz or Mistakes Were Made about year ago.

Moonpearl likes this.
  18. Scribblezo8

Reading List:
    Link
    I will be posting the last 2 chapters of Who Moved My Ashes in about 5 hours. At work right now and still got to proofread them.
    It will now be a completed short yuri novel!!

I rate this novel 8/10; it's a romcom and has fluff and mutual love between the characters after the first 2-3 chapters of heartbreak which makes MC fully appreciate FL and willing to have an open relationship with her.

I can see why others who read the raws felt the ending was lacking, but I think the author was in a rush to finish the novel. The ending does end with them being happy and it doesn't feel like too much plot hole as it explains a couple of thing and FL realization that she can't live without MC and she is her forever.

Would say that the last chapter is too sudden of an ending, story needs epilogue for it to truly give readers satisfaction.

For now, I will probably do one more short novel like end of Dec/Jan. Going to quickly do releases of Never Dare to Abuse the Female Protagonist.

Moonpearl, AsianessPride and Ubik like this.
  19. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, you are working fast! :blob_grin: Looks like that I would have another batch to read tomorrow :blobsweat_2:.

I gave a rating based on what I understand from MTL. And usually real translation is better than MTL by miles. You can guess my opinion about concubine survival report based on MTL :blobsweat: . Most plot hole I saw that:
    FL has memory of previous life too and did mostly exact same mistakes as in previous one. Keeping secrets from MC that could lead to very dark scenario. :notlikeblob:
    And as you wrote lacking some kind of complete closure didn't help either. So for me it looked like part of QT story where in start of next ark/world there would be end and review about previous one.

Moonpearl and AsianessPride like this.
  20. Scribblezo8

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ubik think you made a typo for Concubine survival report...and yeah i totally understand.

Finished WMA, last two chapters are posted.

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.