What happened to the three year old child model who was abused by her mother?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ongoingwhy, Dec 7, 2019.

1. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Grew up with worse, still turns out fine. In Asian family, there's no such thing as being grounded. You just get your ass whups.

Ai chan likes this.
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I shudder when I watch 16 year old actresses playing romantic leads. Saying a kissing scene while acting if their first kiss.
    It's disturbing. They are being deprived of their childhood
    http://asianwiki.com/Mischievous_Kiss:_Love_in_Tokyo
    http://asianwiki.com/Honoka_Yahagi

If all the Asian beatings were so effective. Asia would have zero poverty and problems.
    It obviously doesn't work. It is overkill and I am speaking from similar experience.
    Would explain the indecisiveness and high suicide rates if I overassume.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    ludagad likes this.
  3. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    *nods* Obviously you have to have a system. With all of those examples you gave, I found that is where parental guidance is needed. No need to hit either, but you as a parent need to plan how you explain and deal with those issues, especially with toddlers. Some kids will do as you say and then there will be others that just need to get stung a wee bit before they learn to trust your advice. This is where understanding your child and a little bit of knowledge is your friend.

Of course, the trick is praise often as the carrot is my attention and the stick is reserving my attention to the absolute minimum after making it clear what behaviour, action or whatnot she needs to correct/consider. Sometimes, they need to sit and think about their actions and come to me with ways to fix it...or improve their behaviour in the future....How do I say this...I set clear rules and expectations and then take the time to raise them in the adults I hope they become. It's hard work. :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

And my word is absolute. If I set a punishment or a consequence, I have to follow through no mater how hard it is.

This is a helpful organisation here in NZ. I've done some of their parenting courses and have their books. I needed ideas on how to raise a child with high and complex needs. They are amazing.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    did you hear of the child in singapore that was kept in the cage and burnt with hot water?

ongoingwhy likes this.
  5. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyway to answer OP question: i can't find any news either

ongoingwhy likes this.
  6. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man it feels like the children that don't deserve to be abused are abused... and the ones that aren't punished for doing stupid disrespectful selfish shit get away with it. :blobawkward:

A demonic child that deserves a beating. :blobdevil:

I remember another case where the child was screaming nonstop at his mother. I can't remember where I saw it though.

If anyone else here read Cultivation Chat Group you'd remember what the MC said to a specific misbehaving monk. "I’ll spank you till you shit all over the place!" :blobowoevil_horns:

If not go google it.

Oh and I feel shitty for all those beaten black and blue. :blobconfounded:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    ReadOrDie, kenar and ongoingwhy like this.
  7. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
  9. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    The couples in the case that I linked are in their forties though.

10. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, from that angle among the Asian families that do that, looks like a lot of Western families might be more advanced in the sense they ground the kids!

11. LK

LK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in my family, if you are really bad you get spanked with a large wooden spoon around the size of your butt big and ma is really strong and will not hold back.

12. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    When you put it that way, the natural conclusion is that the beatings work, since the kids that get beat don't misbehave and the kids that don't get beat do misbehave :hmm:

Realistically though, I think it's because they're on the far ends of the spectrum between punishment and leniency.

Parents who don't want to be strict at all will have kids who are mostly happy (while they are still kids), but will misbehave.

Parents who beat their children will have kids who won't misbehave, but are extremely unhappy.

Finding the middle ground is difficult, especially since certain middle ground levels of strictness will incite rebelliousness that would make the parent want to become stricter, when in actuality them being too strict is what caused the misbehaviour in the first place.

Dealing with kids is hard, don't know why I want to become a teacher:blobdizzy:

Omnicast likes this.
  13. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that every child is different and different methods of raising them are necessary. The environment, parents, culture, language, access to the internet, and etc are all factors into how a child develops.

Not punishing inappropriate behavior leads to the child doing more of it. Maybe they think they can get away with it. I don't know kids do stupid shit all the time. Then again they are only human and humans do stupid shit all the time. :hmm:

14. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    When Ai-chan was younger, whenever Ai-chan did something bad, Ai-chan's parents would threaten with a rattan cane. They never actually used it on Ai-chan, but Ai-chan was a good girl most of the time, so there was never really any need to use it. Ai-chan did get caned by Ai-chan's teacher for not lining up though, and since then Ai-chan never cut queue ever again.

When Ai-chan cried to Ai-chan's mommy that time, mommy said, "Very good!"

15. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    I got my ass whooped with a wooden canoe paddle, which was the weirdest thing I've been hit with....

Was deserved, almost killed my grandfather's girlfriend
    Thought her nasal spray needed to smell better so I added perfume

Was 7

16. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think i should just be thankful that i didnt wake up a new fetish after my mom spanking my ass when i'm still a child XD

17. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    ... this sentiment annoys me. Mostly because it implies that human life is valued anywhere and I simply don't believe that is actually really the case. I think it's just more subtle in some places than others.