Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright :hmm:

2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Chikyuu-san wa Level Up shita! ~Hitoku Shugi Shoujo no Eiyuutan~
    Another yuri story detected. Has few chapters yet but the ratings are bad. The description is kinda noice and sounds like a light-hearted comedy with an op mc but I will put it on the back burner for now

AsianessPride likes this.
  3. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik likes this.
  4. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    New 1+1/2 chapter and gooooodddd, it's very good so far!

Ubik likes this.
  5. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess we need more chapters and someone to try it.

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  6. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's not yuri. It's not more than shoujo-ai sublot tops. If this counted as yuri then all yuri GB stories that has male to female and couldn't be counted as such. But that is only my opinion :blob_coffee:
    And this looks nice but it lacks one small thing.... translation :blobsweat:
    Thanks for link. When I read it first I was trying to guess what it is.. hentai story, manga, anime but it looks like it was WN in the end :blobwhistle:
    If story doesn't go on next lap of flashbacks and unnecessary backstories it could be become rather good.
    -----------
    Doesn't check much lately. But there was still something nice:
    If somebody missed this there was new fluffy story. I can't stop recommend it enough :aww:
    The Mute Girl and Her New Friend and it has new chapter Ch. 3 - Cafeteria

New one (it is old one but it has only Indonesian translation before)
    Hyoudou-san wa Otoshitai - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Kudoki and the Secret App
    1st year high school girl Hyoudou Kudoki loves cute girls!
    but she's not good with 3D girls relationship,
    instead, she withdrawing herself into her childhood friend's room and play Bishoujo Game every single day,
    but then, a smartphone app she got oneday has dramatically change her entry life!
    Not the best one story but still could be worth to watch for. With the help of app, girl conquers other girls. :blobunsure:

Looks like someone pickup Fusoroi no Renri (web) translation and it has two more chapters (raws are in 60 or 61 and there was even new pair there) so it still has a lot more catching up. :blob_grin:

Also some news for those who interested in licensed work:
    SEA has licensed another yuri manga:
    Title: The Gym Teacher and School Nurse are Dating! (Hayama-sensei to Terano-sensei wa Tsukiatteiru) manga
    Author: Pikachi Oui
    Summary: Hayama-sensei and Terano-sensei are two women who work at the same school...and just started going out. They're a little shy about their budding relationship, but their co-workers--and even their students--are rooting for them as they bumble their way through love!
    Seven Seas will release the first volume digitally and in print on September 22, 2020.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ncluding-2-magus-bride-spinoff-series/.154352

Moonpearl and AsianessPride like this.
  7. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys know if Imperial Chef Rookie is truly translated to the raws or if they have the crazy splits like QT: Fate Trading?

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  8. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Scribblezo8

Reading List:
    Link
    Like is the translated ch15 the same as the raws chapter 15? Some TL does like 4 chapters to be 1 chapter of raw. Was eyeing the novel and hadn't read it yet. So thought it was faster to ask you guys then to find time to read it myself...someday...haha...really slow on my reading.

For example, there's translations that are at chapter 30 of the novel and novel is said to be 40 chapter. But the translator only translated up to chapter 12 of raws and just split their chapters that way instead of calling it part A or Ch14.1 / 14.2 etc.

Ubik likes this.
  10. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Eastward flow first chapter tl'd by chichi is out. Didn't know the general was female was very good, hoping chichi's track record will stay as good

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  11. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks like following chapter numbers. All that translated ones are from nonVIP on there. There is mistake in numeration on NU itself. Chapter 16 and 17 didn't have parts it's two chapters that named as State Banquet 16th was part one and 17th second part. :hmm:
    About quality, I only know that Yandere Devil stated that it is not good. :blobunsure:
    Technically it is second, there was prologue before. :blob_grin:
    @Yandere Devil had it as recommendation I will trust that judgement :blob_coffee:
    -----------
    There was earlier mentioning and here it is:
    Tsubame Tip Off! - two chapters already. GL tag was placed only after second chapter was posted so first chapter go well below my radar.

About GL tags Machikado Mazoku now have it too.

And something interesting about tags. Why GL tags and not yuri or shoujo ai? Moderators and admins on dex comes to agreement:
    https://mangadex.org/thread/191519/10/#post_1388677
    Short version: Yuri and shoujo-ai former tags will be merged and replaced with Girl's Love or GL. Same with BL too.
    I wish on NU there will be similar decision :blob_tilt:

Moonpearl likes this.
  12. Scribblezo8

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm assuming you mean the translation quality isn't good but the story is fine right? Or the story bad?

Ubik likes this.
  13. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess it was second. I only read what was translated and it was fine, so I don't have other opinion.
    ---------
    I forgot to mention:
    There was ongoing translated collection of rather cute oneshots school life mostly:
    Fuafuwa Hakusho

Otaku Kimo or Gross Nerd. Small oneshot about future mangaka that was counted as nerd and gross and was somewhat bullied. With some twists. :blobsweat:

Can't Defy the Lonely Girl has Ch. 2. I expected much worse from first one it could turn out to be good. :aww:

and Do You Think Someone Like You Could Defeat the Demon Lord? has new chapter. :blobparty: It looks like story deviates from both WN and LN.

14. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    My impressions of the stories I tried lately:
    1)Chikyuu-san wa Level Up shita! ~Hitoku Shugi Shoujo no Eiyuutan~
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/chikyuu-san-wa-level-up-shita-~hitoku-shugi-shoujo-no-eiyuutan~/
    No yuri so far. Well, it's only the 3rd chapter so far. The story probably will be more tilted towards fluff and comedy than action, the mc is kinda cute and she's a loli, so that's a plus for me
    2)Magic of love (a GB yuri yandere story)
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/28066/magic-of-love-a-gb-yuri-yandere-story
    So far there's low-key yuri without confessions, kisses and other things. The yandere aspect is there and the mc is both a villainous character (at least I thinks she is) and a loli, so I'm fairly satisfied with this one.
    3)This Princess Punishes Your Nine Generations
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/this-princess-punishes-your-nine-generations/
    I believe it has been discussed but still. The story I'd good so far, the TL quality could be better.
    4)Senpensekai no Madoushoshi
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/senpensekai-no-madoushoshi/
    Haven't read much but I think the story tries too hard and it makes it difficult to go through. Some people might enjoy it probably but it's not my cup of tea.
    5)Hero-san and Former General-san
    https://mangadex.org/title/31932/hero-san-and-former-general-san
    Kinda funny and over the top. Lovin' it. The art is good too.
    6)catulus syndrome
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/52264/3
    Alright, there will likely be people who will love it. The art is good and the atmosphere is overall cute but I can't like MC's who deeply underestimate themselves and the overly pushy fl's. I only read a few ch's tho.

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  15. Scribblezo8

Reading List:
    Link
    Story too hard to TL, tried my best :blobsob:. Series will be completed this weekend. Ch 13 (end) be out today and ch9 which I saved for last this Sunday. For this princess punished your 9 generations.

I like the series too after the first two confusing chapters. Romcom is strong! I feel like regent secretly likes being bullied by black belly princess. Even though she claims she's not into s&m, pretty sure she is since she got that spring book from her intelligence sect.

16. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik likes this.
  17. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik likes this.
  18. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree :blob_thor:. For difficulty of this novel translation quality is good in my book. There are so many idioms and wordplay in there. Especially if count historical setting where all TL can be mind blowing and tiring as hell :notlikeblob: Even MTL of this setting in other novels is bothersome for me. That is why I don't like historical arks that are nearly obligatory to every QT story :blob_coughblood:
    Ok, finished for all available chapters. I gave it 4/5 stars. But I'm pretty sure it's not for everyone. Story looks like draft to a bigger story or compilation of small stories of quarrelling scheming pair. I like it. But it isn't what I should universally recommend reading though. :blob_coffee:

For those who like black belly pair, historic setting, misunderstandings leading to comedy situations and who don't mind story are all over the place plus where chapters are not following straight line of plot. It is heavily recommended. :blobokhand:
    Thanks for opinions :blob_patpat::
    1) I have it in next to read list but it's not have high priority for me
    2) I'll pass
    4) High priority in next to read. Story looks nice at least
    5) Yup it's good and drama and troubles are fast resolving. Wish there were more for main pair though.
    7) I heard that anime was further than manga TL but I didin't even watch it yet.
    8) Didn't heard about it before. Don't like 4-coma style ones. Added to read it sometime in the future list.
    I kinda disagree. Story is cute and lately going around different characters except main one.
    About main character she is very introverted and heavy gamer and in game she has very different persona with nickname "Tundra".
    s10.png s11.png
    But her antics and how she deals with real-life is adorable and cute :blob_grin: Especially when she is frightened to cat form :blobrofl:
    --------------
    Liberta has Ch. 9 - that goth dress is :blobnosebleed:
    Citrus + is continue to be cute in new chapter :blobfearful:
    Fuafuwa Hakusho is completed in translation. In one of those was good mojo out there :blob_grin::
    [​IMG]

edit: kinda borked first quote :notlikeblob: :facepalm: fixed

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Moonpearl likes this.
  19. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda disappointed to see that lately mostly new manga are on drama or angst side. :blobsad:
    Most of picked up ones are from spanish scan team. That has TL further than most. One of groups TL "A Love Letter for the Marching Puppy" and TLed 19th chapter lately. And that has the least drama level of them even though in 3 volume focus shifts to MC classmate that has some unrequited crush. :blobunsure:
    Also, TL of Hayama Sensei To Terano Sensei Ha Tsukiatteiru has completed TL of second volume of story and drops it because of licensing it by SEA. So no chapters in foreseeable future at least not from them. And next series from teaser by TL group looks like another drama heavy :notlikeblob:

At least The Mute Girl and Her New Friend don't disappoint with new ones :blob_grin:.
    ----------
    OK now for some old and new stories from SH:
    Mouikkai Musume Mohitotsu could be counted as completed for now with book end with one extra remaining. Not the best story and "Heartwarming" tag is misleading. It's rather emotional rollercoaster with some fluff bits.

If anybody missed that Witch of Chains - is another GB yuri story by QuietValerie. It's in CORA setting so if you read her previous works you know what should expect. Dark past of characters. Fluffy and quirky interactions and so on.

Dawn Weaver – A tale of Dragon Riders - another GB at the start story but setting looks unique enough and there are a lot of secret to uncover in there.
    An ancient evil stirs in the kingdom of Avaraline, and the fate of all life in a world blessed by magic hangs in the balance. The Guilds and Clans, who hold the power of the lands, are ill equipped to deal with the unknown threat, with corruption spreading through their ranks.

Not that this is of any consequence to Izen, a young man struggling to survive in a dying village, and Myne, a talented young Dragon rider seeking to prove herself. That is until the infamous Witch is sensed near his village and Izen becomes intertwined in world of the Dragon riders. Literally, with the magic awakening in him too. The complication, is that only females can be riders.

Moonpearl likes this.
  20. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link