Spoiler Death of a Beauty

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ashie, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    Summary from catharcity’s site:
    A conspiracy sweeping across the imperial family; a tyrant in command of the army. A vicious matchmaking banquet; an unexpected time-travel.

So, I transformed into Diao Chan – that beautiful, lonely woman accused of bringing a bloodbath to the Three Kingdoms in history.

That man had an ambition which filled the skies, but with a smile from her, he was consigned to eternal damnation. For her, that man dressed in robes as white as snow, whose power rippled across the Three Kingdoms, sacrificed his life.

Sorry for bothering you again :D @catharcity because I really like tragedy kind of novels, even if they are reallyyyy heartbreaking novels, I guess is that the charm of them? Anyway maybe I’ll ask you for spoilers of other novels in your site too! I am reading the summaries and your thoughts about the novels and I am really interested in them. But.. I can’t read MTL, so the only way is asking for spoilers :cry: I’m apologizing ahead if I am bothering you.

So tell me please!! What happened to MC?
    And can you tell me about the 21st century part?

2. catharcity

catharcity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha it's okay. I really love these novels so I'm happy to discuss/ spoiler them :)

An Ruo and Zhongying did not have a happy ending in ancient China. When An Ruo died, she returned to her body in the 21st century, but Zhongying has also time-travelled over, so they have a happy ending in the 21st century. I felt that this part was a little strange, but it's still a better alternative to a tragedy.

This is one novel where the ML is really really good to the FL... An Ruo is literally Zhongying's world. He did everything for her, and only became the villain that he is known as in history because of her.

morticia_addams, kiara8 and Ashie like this.
  3. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    How did ML fall in love? And why did FL die?
    How was the angst? >.>

celestial mortal likes this.
  4. Aris12

Aris12 Cold Ruthless Devil Loli

Reading List:
    Link
    I like male lead because he didn't treat her cruelly. Unlike other novel who ml treat mc cruelly and mc enjoy it I mean author enjoys cruelly treat

5. catharcity

Reading List:
    Link
    ML 'adopted' FL when she was a child. ML was thought by the common people to be a jinx, while the FL (because of her knowledge from the 21st century) unintentionally became known as a genius child/ some goddess incarnation.

FL was caught in the fray of politics. There's a lot of reference to history & the Romance of the Three Kingdoms here, so this part is a little difficult to explain.

The angst is mild... Not a fluffy novel, but not exactly heartwrenching either. :)

morticia_addams, kiara8 and Ashie like this.
  6. catharcity

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... different people have different tastes. Some of us are just masochists and gravitate towards angst/ tragedies. :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  7. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please post the summary? How did they die and why was it not a happy ending in ancient China?

8. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, from the summary, it sounds like the 'beauty' that died according to the title is the ML. :aww:

9. catharcity

Reading List:
    Link
    This book was based on history. Dong Zhuo (Zhongying, ML)'s story in history can be read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dong_Zhuo. His story did not end well and he was typically portrayed as a villain.

The book is fairly faithful to history, but spins his death in a different manner. It was still a plot orchestrated by Wang Yun and facilitated by Lu Bu, but An Ruo (Diao Chan) was the one who was unwittingly tricked to feeding Zhongying poison. Zhongying knew it was poison, but did not say anything.

In the end, Wang Yun put An Ruo at the city tower, and let her watch as he jumped off...

The real Diao Chan and Lu Bu got together. Lu Bu did not like the real Diao Chan, but he has no choice. Cao Cao's role here was not large. An Ruo asked him to let Lu Bu free, and he did...

After Zhongying's death, An Ruo became disillusioned and no longer attempted to interfere with history. She watched as Lu Bu's story eventually ended the way it did in history... She felt that time passed extremely quickly when the person you loved was no longer around you. In the end, she said to Zhongying to wait for her to meet him in the afterlife. When she eventually died, she returned to the 21st century, where Zhongying also time-travelled.

You can read the wiki summary on An Ruo (Diao Chan) and Zhongying's story here in wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dong_Zhuo#Dong_Zhuo_and_Diaochan

HAHA. I don't think Zhongying was ever a beautiful person? I picture him more as a warlord. The chinese title is 美人殇. I'm also not very sure how to translate it. 美人 meiren = a beautiful person, who I think refers to An Ruo (Diao Chan), because Diao Chan was one of the four great beauties of China (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Beauties). 殇 shang kind of means to die an early, premature death.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Kittsune and kiara8 like this.
  10. Zhou lan

Zhou lan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello
    Kinda new here in the forum
    Just wanna ask, I went through you website @catharcity. This website catharcity.wordpress/romanceangst-novel-recommendations/
    Some links r not loading up anymore, I tried to google the books manualy but only deposed empress is available for free. So I would like to know whether u know some websites that has those books for free hahahaha. I really do love to read them but i got no money to spare

11. catharcity

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, most of the books can be found on this site: https://www.sto.cx/pcindex.aspx

Usually I read the novels on my ereader, so I don't have specific websites to read them bc I download them from many different websites. You can try searching the chinese name of the novel + "txt"to find links to download the text files.