Discussion Elden Ring

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by SquadCammander354, Dec 14, 2019.

1. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    Elden Ring was announced half a year ago at E3, which was announced as a collaboration with Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R.R. Martin - (which is probably why he hasn't finished those books, aka Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) - and since then, we have received one or two short posts that leak some of the gameplay "elements"; no videos at all.

These guys usually make a game every year, with fantastic quality, and a huge replayability value, except their most recent one, which was similarly as long, but due to its static gameplay elements, it didn't have as much replayability value; nonetheless, it was the best Game of The Year Award this year.

Still, though, there have been three occasions where they could've released something, with the latest having been the Game Awards.

Fans have gone insane, like they're making their own made up boss fight walkthroughs, which are entirely fictionalized; then they started creating illustrations 'for' those bosses.

It would've been nice if Sekiro had a DLC, but because of the new game, their workforce had been moved for the production of Elden Ring.

https://twitch.tv/videos/520733807

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  2. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Make a game every year lol dark souls 3 and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice was 3 years in between. Déraciné is a different game type of game so im not really counting that and Déraciné also hints bloodbourne 2. I'm not gonna grab my pitchfork until 2022.

3. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    as a frequent of VaatiVidya youtube channel, they are meme-ing, an elaborate one at that.

4. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    grab ur pitchfork now and just wait to raise it til 2022 :blobhero:

SquadCammander354 and animanaicT like this.
  5. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    Also was stated was the intent to return to armored core but we havent seen shit for that yet T.T.

6. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, they brought Metal Wolf Chaos to the modern platforms.

7. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Scholar of The First Sin came out in 2014, Bloodborne at 2015, Dark Souls 3 at 2016 (with a DLC) at 2017, Déraciné counts - it was a "game" after all - then Sekiro came a year late.

But if we think about it, whenever From announces a new game, it usually arrives a year later.

8. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    If your going by that sekiro didnt come out a year late at all, b/c deracine came out in 2018 and sekiro came out in 2019. And going by the standards your are talking about elden ring wont be late until 2021.

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  9. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Sekiro was "supposed" to be released in 2018, then it came out a year later; that is what I meant.

Ah but fuck, I can't wait to play a From game that runs at 60fps on console.

I swear if we can't jump in this game! QAQ) Or even go over an obstacle!

10. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a leak about races and classes actually being more RPG like in these games, and I began thinking if 'assassin' like movements - just like in Sekiro - are a "class" moveset in Elden Ring.

11. joseki

joseki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I read somewhere that they'll be slowing down the action, to a more tactical combat system.
    Also Miyazaki one said (quotation missing) that he likes to do a vague plot game followed by a more clear one. So if Sekiro can be considered a pretty linear game, story wise, i guess Elden Ring will have us speculate quite a bit.

12. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm not sure if that counts, as Miyazaki didn't write the story for Sekiro; he let his employees do that, as he wanted to test their creative ability

Also, I highly doubt they'll be slowing down combat; if they're comparing it to Sekiro, that's fine, but Dark Souls is naturally slower than Sekiro...I'm pretty sure it was in comparison to Dark Souls.

13. joseki

joseki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They said so in comparison with Sekiro but also Bloodborne if I recall correctly.

14. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, both games are more-or-less designed around the idea of being on the offensive rather than defense (or just more methodical combat).

In Dark Souls, there were shields, so a tactical form of combat did - sort of - exist; while in the other games it wasn't that big of a feature.