LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am kind of confused at this time.
    Why is the rod trying to select a new devil king? To ally with the invading demon? To invade the human realm? Or whatever the new devil king want to do?
    From the dreams, it seems the rod has some objective when selecting the new devil king, but I am not yet sure what that objective it is, or if it can have any objective.
    Look at the first dream. Killing demons to ensure they become part of hell, instead of relying on their surrendering. So the new devil king SHOULD invade human realm, kill all humans and turn them into hell spawn to ensure huangquan success? Is that what the objective of the new devil king selection is about?

2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the ghost general dream realm one is a bit of a joke. Since the black robed man has already mentioned that it was the biggest mistake of hell and that your goal is to rectify it, you'd naturally look for problems knowing that the ghost general did at least something wrong which caused them to lose the war or at least had a huge impact in it.

So from the very beginning you'd have the hindsight.

The Asura one thought, it's not quite as easy imo. Especially not if you haven't received the Asura King's memories from perfectly completing the previous dream world.

So I think it makes some sense, first dream world is the easiest, second one is harder, and the ones afterwards will presumably be even more difficult. And the way to make them not as difficult is to not make any mistakes in the preceding dream worlds.

Imo basically anyone should be able to complete the first dream world, but maybe some would made a mistake and two and not get the memories for the next dream world. (And then probably fail Asura King dreamworld or whatever the next one will be.)

And even those who do perfectly clear the Ghost General dream world might slip up a bit in the Asura King one, then they might end up completely failing one, two, or three dream worlds later.

Of course that's assuming that every dream world gives some kind of help in the following dream world if you perfectly clear them.

3. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we're told that the rod has been running on automatic pre-programming since its awakening, simply put, it wants to just select a new devil king and that's it, what the devil king does with the powers he'll get is up to him.

Astaroth likes this.
  4. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is all a series of test. The first series of tests was to see if you have enough combat prowess. The dreams are the second series of tests to see if you have a functioning brain. First dream is easy, but I'm sure some blockheads could still fail it.

Because every Asura has the right to challenge the king to the throne by combat. Pawning that combat off to someone else would most likely be a big no no. Resigning as king and having the other Asura duke it out to see who is tough enough to be king? Definitely more Asura sounding. Deciding who the leader of a group is should be an internal thing, not relying on outside forces.

Astaroth likes this.
  5. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, though the resigning as king part still seems pretty uncharacteristic and "weak". For these types you'd expect them to just go on and still fight even if they know they'll die for sure.

6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason I never even entertained the thought that the Devil King was a girl. Does this mean that somehow there will be yet another waifu other than Shannu? :blobthinkingsmirk:

Also, so the Devil King seems to be someone like the guys on Fog Island, but since the requirement to use the Devil King's Scepter was to be dead then that's kind of weird?

I guess someone could go to another world and die and up in that other world's Huang Quan instead of their own? (Every world had their own Huan Quan right?)

7. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “How about… I do it?” And how would that not be an automatic failure for him?

Astaroth likes this.
  8. keialpha

Reading List:
    Link
    The previous devil king must have died 10,000 years ago. The selection of new devil king only start now, meaning the divinity of huangquan were preventing it, so only after the 7 color spear killed off the divinity can the rod start the selection of a new devil king?
    So through human history, huangquan did not have a devil king to rule it, but instead ruled by divinity, from heaven realm? So what is Gu qingshan’s goal in the end? Return huangquan to what it was and have divinity ( from where) to manage it, or have a new devil king to manage it like 10,000 years ago?
    Or is he just winging it and see how this will develop? He seems to have at least a rough goal for human realm and various worlds, but for hell realm, I cannot see any plans right now.

9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, it was sealed and buried in the ground; the demons had to dig it up remember? (And there was this whole question of why Shannu hadn't hidden it somewhere where only she can enter since no one else can go through the mountain, but w/e)

It wasn't until the demons invaded, killed the divinites, dug it up, and unsealed it that it started the new selection.
    So through human history, huangquan did not have a devil king to rule it, but instead ruled by divinity, from heaven realm? So what
    Yeah that's a bit weird tbh. I already thought it was iffy in the Ghost General dream, but at least there the actual weapon didn't matter since MC didn't fight other than executing a few defenseless captured.

But now that he actually didn't even fight himself that should invalidate the test, since it would've literally been impossible for the Asura King to replicate that. Or maybe it shouldn't invalidate the test since the sword "breaks all laws", but the Asura King himself ought to still notice it, right?

I wonder if GQS will still get memories or some other help in the next dream. And tbf he could've probably still won even without Shannu so it's not the biggest of deals...

10. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    So the old Devil King is Washu from Tenchi Muyo...

Seems legit.

userunfriendly likes this.
  11. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the chapter wasn't out yet at the time, i couldn't answer, but now that ch407 is out, the limit where the Devil King have to be a dead person is actually
    A last resort by the last Devil King to stop the Heaven realm from fully taking control over hell. As seen by how she said "release restraints" at the end of the dream

12. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so the black-robed man wasn't the devil king or a projection at all like I first guessed, just a friend of the devil king.
    Ah, I see. I didn't even realize that's what it was about when I read it.

Anyway, going by chapter 408, the whole 'the strongest dead gets to become the devil king' was just a ruse it seems.

But this is kind of weird, so in the end it seems like the demons are saving the (old) devil king, whether it be intentionally or not, though without the MC would there still have been a (new) devil king?

Because it seems like the others were destined to fail regardless of MC being there or not. So in reality there wouldn't have been a new Devil King without MC since no one else would've had Shannu and thus no one else would've been capable of succeeding the third trial.

Though I guess the hells could still invade Earth since they were already doing that, so MC still had to go to Huang Quan, but at least it wouldn't have been as bad as it seemed where the Demons would be able to invade because of the Devil King or whatever.

Also, seems like Devil King waifu confirmed since MC will save her soon enough :blobamused:

13. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, we're just supposed to ignore the fact that this guy unleashed the hells on Reality?

lunarshadow likes this.
  14. keialpha

Reading List:
    Link
    It is really unclear to me who did what to whom, either intentionally or unintentionally. Are demon invading hell now to release the old devil queen due to oath or revenge from 10,000 years ago?
    Any relationship between demons from 10,000 years ago to what is happening now? Hell invasion into reality is intentional from devil queen or due to accidentally fighting from hell?

15. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm a bit confused. If I'm paying attention correctly (and let's be honest I don't always pay attention correctly) these dreams were going backwards in time. It seems like the Devil King was defeated before she even went to hell really, since she was stating she was going there to conduct experiments and basically telling the divinity "I'm just doing some research, stop getting your panties twisted into a knot". And all the other kings were killed that day in the chamber...

Yeah I'm confused.

16. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally I'd complain on how anticlimactic this was, but I'll take this over having this arc drag on any longer.

On another note, I'm more and more curiosity about God Chosen cards. They seem an interesting alternative to Cultivation (although as far as I can tell the card users suffer the same brain issues as Cultivators.)

17. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol what did those dead expect? If they could just disobey the Devil King then what would even the point of being the Devil King be? Just an empty title?

18. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Anne: My boyfriend is the DEVIL KING?!?!
    Su Xue Er: My boyfriend is the DEVIL KING?!?!
    Both: Hey!
    Gu Qing Shan::facepalm:
    The Guys: *snicker*

19. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    basically it's like this:
    Soft Note came to hell of the Samsara world, made the Devil King rod and became its ruler while doing her research
    -> Heaven realm found out, wanted to chase away the outsider so they had a bunch of Divinities come to take over
    -> Soft Note didn't want to bother with anything but her research so she let them stay and do as they like
    -> The Divinities edged in on her demanding more and more since they don't think she's that strong
    -> Soft Note decided to teach them a lesson, they lost and came crying to the Heaven realm( because why else would the Devil King let prisoners escape)
    -> Heaven realm tried uniting 4 realms to fight her, lost and invited her to Heaven realm on the premise of their surrender.
    -> ch406+407 happened

20. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Her name should have been “Soft Touch”.:rolleyes: