Spoiler Marriage of the Di Daughter

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by HC, May 14, 2019.

1. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also wonder how come that Zhou Shizi knows that Jiang Li attempted suicide (she actually succeeded) throwinh herself into the lake but her own father doesn't seem to know or care about this fact.

I don't feel quite good about the perspective of Jiang Yuanban being redeemed.

2. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Jiang dad is really a bad father tbh. Towards the end of the novel, he does reflect on how terrible he is and he also knows there’s nothing he can possibly do to make up for it. Did I mention that he also ends up having to retire from the active political scene?

So Jiang dad’s family and ambitions are both ruined.

3. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

I'm just reading and can't believe the man feels only bad when he:

1.Sees that Jiang Li implies she went through hardships at the temple (not explicitly).

2.Sees that Jiang Li doesn't show any sad emotions, etc. whenever she is being left aside or the fact that he favors Yuyao over her is shown.

Also, how come he never reflects on all the things I said in the past comments (her being probably framed, her being abandoned for 7 years and he not even checking...), that he doesn't seem to know Jiang Li jumped into the lake or in the chapter I am right now, he is sad because Yuyao's marriage has been ruined by the fourth or fifth sister but he never stops to think they stole that marriage from Jiang Li.

It is unfathomable that Jiang Li sets all the plays in a way that outsiders can read between the lines that she's been mistreated, probably framed and (in that first palace play) her step-mother wanted to ruin her reputation, but he doesn't even get a notice from his servants passing on what people are gossiping.

He is not even trying to make up for abandoning her for that long, he only went for her because the Emperor scolded him.

At least, the Emperor's brain works better and, because he empathizes with her due to his own experiences, he's already connected more dots than her own father.

I just seem is not enough that the man ends up knowing he's been a bad father & ruined. He should add the torment to know the real Jiang Li died because of his negligence & he didn't even care that her marriage (the reason why she committed suicide) was stolen with his aproval.

4. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    You must have read Princess Wei Yang lol~

Nah, Jiang dad pretty much gets what he deserves IMO. Just the right amount too. Jiang family pretty much fades into insignificance -- that one Jiang sister who kept fighting with Jiang Li is driven insane (she might have been raped/tortured too by the villain Princess), pretty much all Jiang dad's concubines are dead, his only daughter of some value is Jiang Li but he'd alienated her himself. For someone like him with ambitions, it's kind of the worst sort of punishment to become insignificant and have no choice but to accept it.

What I did like: ML charging in almost solo to rescue MC even though he knew it was a trap and succeeding. Both of them being super sweet on each other and MC deciding to wait for ML even if he'd never come back, and staying at his place to ensure he'd have a home to return to. ML being unable to control himself from seeing MC despite deal with the Emperor (even if she couldn't see him) and getting caught by MC's brother (her actual blood brother, not the Jiang or Ye side of family). ML actually listening to his brother in law's advice about the right timing to show up in front of MC, LOLOLOL

5. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have it half-read, since I follow the translated version.
    Haha I read several novels of this genre with shitty dads, but I prefer them being openly shitty & selfish, like Divine Doctor (sorry, forgot the real name). Whenever I read about shitty dads due to their stupidity or incompetence to care for their deceased (mostly killed by the concubine/current wife) wives and their children, it boils my temper.

Thanks for replying! I'm going to read the rest of your post.

6. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course...
    Jiang Li's mother Ye Zhenzhen had to be killed by the step-mom.

I was expecting this, as it is a must in this type of novels, but I wondered if it would be used and when. I just got to the part the Concubine that lost a daughter confesses everything to the transmigrated MC

7. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About Real Jiang Li

The real Jiang Li was not only too young (5 & 7 years old) when she offended her maternal home & was sent away to the temple; she was also too impulsve & stubborn, so her attitude and reactions made it harder for others to side with her.

Ji Shuran (evil step-mom) knew it well, so she first did something to manipulate her so she would refuse & insult her own maternal family (Ye Jia), and later she pinned her own provoked miscrriage into her.

That she "killed" her step-mother's unborn child is what gained her the bad reputation and also what her own father & grandmother used as an excuse to totally abandon her.

As I complained in previous posts, his father is really the worst. He is not the type of openly hate and even try to get rid of her, he isn't even the one that obsesses with the other daughter because he personally raised that one (I think it was on Ill-fated consort? That the father didn't repent not even when he was in jail facing his own death). However, he still holds on the fact that this daughter has grown away from him while Jiang Yuayo has been raised by his side.

He constantly feels the alienation, but he isn't reasonable at all, in any of the problems that Jiang Li faces or provokes, he always needs Jiang Li to mess with his head so he won't scold her much and allow her to do things her way.

Once all the truth is out, that Ji Shuran even got her mother killed, both her father and grandmother (Mrs. Jiang) feel terrible but not because they can think from Jiang Li's perspective. They are self-centered to the extent they can only see the part that affects them and that they had been wronging Jiang Li but not how they have been wronging her.

That is why they believe they can try to compensate her by sending her gifts, rich clothes, jewels, let her come and go as she pleases...

Jiang Yuanbao (the father) is too caught up on the fact he's been fooled by Ji Shuran, that one cannot see true remorse for allowing her main wife to be killed, her shu daughter too (her concubine mother actually told them she was killed but they never listened to her), and that he never stopped to investigate the indicident with Jiang Li, nor he gave her a chance to be cleared. Plus, he also neglected her to the extreme.

Progressively, the transmigrated Jiang Li keeps revealing the real Jiang Li's hardships on the temple, she gets to explain a whole lot during the chapter she unmasks the evil Ji Shuran; but Jiang Yuanbao only feels ashamed, he doesn't trully feel sorry for her but for his own stupidity and the fact this has alienated his second daughter from them.

The real Jiang Li appears to the transmigrated one in a dream, the smae night after she's got revenge for her ans her mother, and she thanks the MC for that.

Also, when Fanfei (transmigrated Jiang Li) gets to sense -and later know- that Jiang Yuanbao (father) & Mrs. Jiang (grandmother) want to marry her to Yin (he is the second son? or brother of a Jungwang, another military family apparently related to the Emperor), she gets mad at them. Is not that she openly shows it, but she has so far guessed on her own that the Yin family may be eventually bad (even though they seem nice) plus ML (Ji Yu) has told her that they'll become enemies. Jiang Li tries to persuade the father about getting associated with them and she also reflects on whether the former Jiang Li would like the candidate.

At the end, she concludes (on her own) that the former Jiang Li would be sad to see she is just a bargain chip for a father and a grandmother that already wronged her before.

Transmigrated Jiang Li doesn't care anymore to show her rejection and not use that gentle facade towards the Jiang Family. She is clear that she doesn't feel conected to them and she won't comply with that marriage.

Fortunately, ML saves the day by stealing the marriage first. However, he tells her that there's no way the Emperor would let her marry the Yin family, because he knows of their ambitions.

When Jiang Yuanbao gets back home from the feast the whole marriage plot gets decreed, he takes the MC and asks her if she knew about Ji Yun wanting to marry her and whether she like him.

This is one of my favorite parts, as Jiang Li tells that trashy dad that it doesn't matter whether she likes Ji Yun or not, because he (Jiang Yuanbao) didn't care whether she liked the Yin boy he wanted to force her to marry.

That harsh reply leaves Jiang Yuanbao with a very bas taste of mouth, feeling more alieniated but also a little remorse, reflecting on how they keep mistreating a daughter that they already damaged too much.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  8. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the Empress Dowager was fishy from the moment Yongnan Princess fell, because her rections were too containt.

Then she was secretly gazing at that Yin Zan (Xia Jungwang, it is the former Emperor's "brother") when their intended marriage to Jiang Li failed,

It seems that the Empress had an affair with this Yin Zan, his son (the one that wanted to marry Jiang Li) it's her own son! She manipulated the situation in the harem so she could get killed the Emperor's concubibe mother so she could adopt him and become the Dowager. She just let people know she was considering to make that imperial son the Crown Prince, so others would go and kill the Concubine.

So, I read further:

She married in the Palace when the former Emperor was still a prince. She had a son, but later other concubines also had children.

Current Emperor's concubine mother died and the Emperor gave her that child to raise. She disliked him, she had her own son already, but the child died later, at 5 years old, presumably of a heart disease.

She previously loved Yin Zan, so she resumed her affair once the man came back from war, even though he had married. Then she had a son he hid as his own.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  9. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I said, Yin Zhab had an affair with the former Empress, now the current Dowager.

ML's mother accidentally saw them in the palace & Yin Zhan got her raped and killed, threw her corpse at the gates of Ji's Manor so the husband wouldn't pursue the crime publicly (to not tarnish his beloved's reputation).

It seems that later he got the General (ML's father) ambushed and shot by poisoned arrows.

ML tried to detox the posion, with the help of a neighbour country's former princess (a poison master that is at his service), but in the end she couldn't cure him and her poison to counter-attack killed his body.

10. Crazyforstory

Crazyforstory Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone has a raw link for it

11. Purple Iris

Purple Iris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well most of the content is correct except that ML's mom coming across the Empress's affair was no accident.
    It was Empress Dowager who was jealous of ML's mom who plotted her to 'accidentally' see their whole affair so that she could give her a humiliating death.
    Basically after being forced into the Palace and losing her son, her mind got twisted. She could not tolerate the fact that ML's mom who became a courtesan after her family declined, was loved by ML's Father so much that he disregarded the world to marry her decently. Whereas her family was still thriving but she was forced to marry the Emperor while the man she loved watched it silently. She obviously became the most noble woman but her son died and her husband disregarded her.
    However she couldn't tolerate the fact that ML's Father went into such lengths to marry a woman who had fallen from grace while Yin Zhan didn't even fight for her, a noble daughter. This comparison made her twisted and she hated ML's mom enough to viciously have her killed.
    Such a selfish woman who in order to get rid of things she could not tolerate and use her own beloved man to murder his best brother's wife, it'd be a surprise if she was worth the fight.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  12. Purple Iris

Reading List:
    Link
    The Marriage of the Di Daughter is not bad. Since the Rebirth of the Malicious Empress is so good, people tend to compare the author's other novels with it. But it's natural for an author to experiment with other ideas even if it's not as good as her former works.
    In fact I found one of author's newest work. This is also a reincarnation novel like the Marriage of the Di Daughter but it's about a female general. Interestingly the MC of this novel is not malicious or vicious and does not let her past life's tragedy distort her mind. Different from the author's other MCs, even though she resorts for revenge against her foes she still retains her gentle and lively temperament. She's like a mix of Shen Miao's Mother Luo Xue Yan in terms of liveliness, courage and sense of justice with a bit of Empress Xian De in terms of maintaining a positive outlook to life and retaining one's original heart in the face of a life filled with despair and hatred.
    However, its a slow paced story. A large section of the story is on how she spends her days in military and makes a name for herself with occasional war.

13. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh? What's the title?

14. Purple Iris

Reading List:
    Link
    I read in mtl, don't know the exact name. Here's the link in which I found it.
    https://tw.m.aixdzs.com/d/227495

Though if you're fixated on cold and dark MCs, I wouldn't recommend it to you. The MC of this story is optimistic and still believes in goodness and kindness. However the ML is likeable. Thank God! XJX raised the bars so high, that I didn't think I would like another ML of this author. He's cold and indifferent but not like Xiao Shao and the First Rank Prince ML from another novel (No offense to those who like them, but personally I don't find them likeable.) They're more on the kind side, but this ML is truly iron hearted and honestly who doesn't like a sarcastic ML. Though he likes MC's upright and bright ways, he doesn't mind taking the dark path for her. Unlike the author's other works, the romance in this one though slow is given more attention.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  15. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    No no no! I like MCs that are on the kind side! But also knows how to be decisive. Somehow, cold and super jealous MLs to me have some kind of psychological issues. Though they really do have one lols. What makes me love them is their coping skills. They didn't really turn psycho despite it all.

16. Purple Iris

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML is not that worrisome. Yes, he's super cold and all, but he's understanding. Even if his personality differs from XJX, when it comes to their sweethearts, they're both the same. Except that when he thinks that MC likes someone else, he does not actively pursue her like XJX did to SM and is instead more subtle. In fact, if not for him being breaking out in anger when MC comments about him with another girl and him provoking the 2nd ML, I would've not realised that he has feelings for the MC.
    BTW, I hope you've got no issues with the MC being the first to fall for the ML and not the other way round. Because this novel has that.

17. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah. I don't have any. The only issue I that really irks me is if they fall in love in 0.001 second. Lols I've read lots of novels like that which made me gag and roll my eyes for several times. Oftentimes, the storyline is soooooo shallow, I even think a grade schooler is a better storyteller.

eagerreadergirl and stumblmer like this.
  18. Purple Iris

Reading List:
    Link
    It's fine. None of the author's story has that love at first sight shit and this ones no different. So I guess this story is fine for you.

stumblmer and Leilacus like this.
  19. nigaria

nigaria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Compared to rebirth of malicious empress, the romance in this once is much more absent, it comes late, subtle, and is never the main focus. I can already foresee how much people will be disappointedwith the romance specially if they compare it with RME, where XJX appeared every chapter and interacted with SM every other chapter. Still, I really enjoyed the subtlety of it and found it was great chemistry and developed gradually, in a natural way. The main focus was always revenge/scheming, and I like the plots in MDD way more than in RME, where towards the end I found SM relied too much on XJX. In MDD MCalso 'relies' on ML but bc they have an agreement, but to me there's more brainwork and the plots are more elaborate, also dont feel too unreal (or thats how I think I felt after I read it, it's been some time already)

20. iampheng

iampheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the 3rd Jiang Miss is not a legitimate daughter of the father?

Can anyone share what happened to the rest of that Jiang family? I'm mtl-ing lol so I'm a lil confused about how many relatives there are in the family.

I low key think that the MC was way too in love with her ex-husband in her previous life. If she hadn't been, how could a smart, observant and strategic woman end up in such a tragic way? It's like, she let her beauty and womanly duties take the front seat, and her wit and intelligence take the back seat in her previous life. Really tho...no one should live that way...

eagerreadergirl likes this.