LCD CITY OF SIN

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Anon2.0, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, gay chicken with Nyris.

2. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't Nasia just flowsand with a mask? I think I remember reading that somewhere in the past

3. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    from what MTL i've read, it's hinted at very strongly but it was never outright said/asked. eternal dragon said something about flowsand being a very different being/existence now than what she was in the past and what she wanted now might be different from what richard was asking for and to double think that line of thought; plus some inconsequential mutterings here and there confirms that she does know richard personally somehow, and their parting words are very strange. but the timeline from when flowsand dies/crumbles into sand/something in the dark region she was working on converting and when richard went there near the end is very confusing to try and figure out.
    tl;dr yes i think this is flowsand, after she died over at the dark region and was returned to the eternal dragon she became a 'higher existence' and is now like this

4. guigs

guigs Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is a thousands years old one

5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Caught up after a long break. Just here to say DAMN HIM. Getting distracted by Coco when Sharon's being lured off into a trap. What's the fucking point of Intuition if you're going to ignore it, huh? And don't give me this shit about having no clue where the sense of desperation is coming from, when Intuition is kicking off the moment you hear Sharon is absent and you've been living with that vision of her dying in the void. USE SOME DAMN COMMON SENSE.

DocB and Kungoner Hirone like this.
  6. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished read v5c55 - and it caused a complete and total break of disbelief for me.
    Gaton managing to put 20,000 soldiers on Resting Orchid Plane when cost of transportation for even a single one is 30,000 gold is absolutely insane number - that would be 600 million gold for the whole endeavor!
    And all that for a microscopic income of "several hundred thousand a year"...
    It'd take more than 600 years to just pay pack the initial investment cost!
    I understand that he had borrowed money from Sharon - but even Deep Blue's running costs are merely 10 million a year...

It's just totally unrealistic!

7. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They can grow second head. Which is exclusive for Ogres.

Also, they meet actual Trolls later on.

8. Shtirliz

Shtirliz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do you think that all these soldiers were elites sended by Gaton? Novel directly state "veterans of the plane" - that a local, native forces.

9. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    Reapers.....strange battleships from parts unknown that mix organic and synthetic components who replenish themselves by harvesting the natives of the worlds they invade, powered by weird fantasy material and capable of controlling the mind of Richard's close follower....

I wasn't aware I was reading Mass Effect fanfiction.

10. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm finding myself increasingly concerned that this is going to have an extremely abrupt ending.

11. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Given the quality being in free fall and how suddenly stuff begins escalating... yeah. And the ending will most likely suck.

12. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, I don't know if the status listed on the novel page is accurate, but it seems to say we only have about 30-odd chapters left of the novel. There's a literal mountain of unanswered questions and unresolved problems. Sharon is trapped in the alter world, his father's corpse is somewhere in the abyss, Flowsand is in the darkness. His ties to the nightmare creatures remains unresolved. There are still scholars alive. He just kidnapped Hasting's son, so some sort of confrontation over that has to happen. Idgi.

Edit -- My count was a bit off because other translators are listed on NU for the novel's beginning. Recounting on WW, I'm getting 1,338/1,415. 77 more to go. Still feels like way too few. Things are going to have to accelerate dramatically.

13. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    Confrontation? Hastings is as good as dead. If Richard had a brain Apeiron would be dead too. Smh the villains went from pretty smart to dogshit levels of stupid within less than 100 chapters. All within expectations for this author tbh. His novels always start strong and then straight up die in the mid to lategame when he writes plot and realizes he has no way to introduce it but sheer stupidity.

14. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Still on book 7 c73, getting the feeling of mc running away ending, like every female companion dead or against him

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  15. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    No female companion is against him. Some just know he is a moron and thus better ignorant to certain matters.

16. SuchHappy

SuchHappy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, do I need to make a list for how many ladies Richard has laid so far in the story? While the romance in the story is undeniably weak I see no real problem with this as the focus of the story is on his ambition and growth as a character.

17. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    So how many died?

18. SuchHappy

SuchHappy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might be forgetting some of the plot but as far as I can remember Lina is the only relevant one in the story. Even then Richard wasn't in a formal relationship with her, the most that he did was seduce her to secure her loyalty. Only other character that is questionable is Flowsand leaving for the Darkness but that is a plot point for the end of the series.

19. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    And so it ends.

canaria23 and DocB like this.
  20. blablabla12

blablabla12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did richard snusnu waterflower?