Discussion Living as the Tyrant’s Older Sister (Webtoon)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by marizz, Feb 6, 2020.

1. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Before she left, Alicia told Kai To listen to the Grand Duke. That’s the blonde hair guy right? The one who cover for sh*t princess during the party? Does Alicia trust him?

Kattz likes this.
  2. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the most suspricious/potentially really important piece of info in these chapters was that the Grand Duke Uncle dude is in charge of not only Kai's education but also all of government affairs....
    Sounds like a smart move, make the second in line responsible for all the decisions the first in line, a literal child, is then gonna be blamed for... Does not smell iffy at all

I don't think she trusts anyone, not even her little shit. But she let's him do his thing for now I guess

Korleone, Ruruki, lazynoodles and 3 others like this.
  3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to mention, the GD only arranged for History classes for Kai

Ruruki, Ahgadawn, Jukki and 2 others like this.
  4. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly. How very convenient that the little shit does not know anything about governing a country, guess he has to continiue doing that for the time being..... Mysterious, how these things tend to work out

Also, anyother thing I've been thinking about: Edith's minions kept saying that she's just a peasant commoner, but didn't it say that her daddy is a fallen noble? I'm not all that familiar with how nobility works elsewhere, but in my homecountry (Central Europe), fallen/poor nobility was still considered nobility, so she wouldn't actually be a peasant, no?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    Korleone, Leilacus, Ahgadawn and 5 others like this.
  5. marizz

marizz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alicia is smart too and can sense smt is wrong after learning what Kai is only being taught on.. guess that's why she's saying she needs more "power"
    Hopefully she won't trust the novel too much and believe that the uncle is kai's biggest supporter just bc of the plot. I think he'll be the main antagonist cuz unlike Edith, his cards are still hidden and we don't really see him except in scenes where he's with one of the main characters, so he's still a big mystery

Leilacus, Ruruki, lazynoodles and 3 others like this.
  6. SoraxRiku

SoraxRiku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find the uncle to be sketchy and while I understand that Kai is still a child and one can make an argument that starting off with the history of empire is a good start, but its strange that his education is not more comprehensive. Even though he is a child, he is still emperor and noble children are often given a strict education. While Alicia doesn't have all the facts yet she senses something is wrong and realized if Kai is going to survive court politics he needs more power.

Moving on, Ares is really whipped for Alicia lol. He is discovering he has a masochistic side and he just wants Alicia to step on him lol. Joking aside, it's clear he is deeply in love with Alicia, but I am also wondering what is that thing he is looking for in the palace. It's clear the uncle is also looking for it too so what can it be? Whatever it is, it could probably benefit either the uncle or Kai which is something Alicia is going to be suspicious of.

Edith is so delusional and is clearly insecure if the mere idea that other noble men and knights are talking about Alicia. She is going to get a rude wake up call when she realizes Ares is courting Alicia.

Lastly, I still hope Alicia and Lancelot will meet in the following chapters. I want this mostly because it will amuse me and the sillness that will ensue.

7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I reread the chapter cuz I was curious about the fallen nobleman. Later in the chapter where the mom got pregnant, there was a scene of the family being point at by other people. And “The Fallen Nobleman’s Daughter” and “Pregnant with a child from from a man that no one knows about” were in two different boxes. But I read them together, should that be a mistranslation or did I read them wrong?

Also, since Edith is the daughter of the Queen Dowager, which mean she is the daughter of the previous king right? Then why did chapter 2 said that Alicia is the one and only half sister of the king? So Edith is actually their aunt???????

Ahgadawn likes this.
  8. SoraxRiku

Reading List:
    Link
    My impression is that Edith is Kai's sister too, but to Kai, Edith is a stranger. He sees Alicia as his one true sister and that is something that has gone noticed in the royal courts. Even though Alicia is a daughter of a nobleman, that house fell a long time ago which makes Alicia no different than a commoner. Which is why everyone is looking down and underestimating her.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    Ahgadawn, lazynoodles, Jukki and 2 others like this.
  9. SoraxRiku

Reading List:
    Link
    In terms of predictions while I think she will go to Ares and accept his original offer, but I hope she does something different to defy expectations.

I also want to see her forge swords again!! That will be hot for any of the simple folks watching her forge. (Especially Ares lol)

Ruruki, Ahgadawn and lazynoodles like this.
  10. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I am actually pretty sure that smithing thing is gonna come into play eventually, like for unmasking a fraud or for a trade deal or something

Ruruki and Jukki like this.
  11. marizz

marizz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol imagine her making a deal with Ares
    Alicia: Help me and I'll take care of your swords
    Ares: Can't you just take care of me? :blobamused:

Leilacus, Ruruki, Ahgadawn and 8 others like this.
  12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, she said that she’ll take care of his sword.

13. marizz

marizz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I was trying to make this pg but ofc I thought of that :blobsmirk:

lazynoodles likes this.
  14. BantalDacron

BantalDacron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want Ares- Alicia lovey dovey moment mooooaaarrrr.:blobnosebleed: I wished i can access raw up to 45 ch:blobpensive:

Ahgadawn and lazynoodles like this.
  15. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't she have this ultra OP hawkeye ability where she can judge stuff to an unimagineable degree? I can already see her analyzing his.... "sword" and being shocked how flawless it is lol

16. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Well technically she already did since they already did the deed.

marizz likes this.
  17. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn’t she drunk then? Or was that another heroine?
    And I think the lighting back then wasn’t exactly ideal for appreciating the good.

18. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, I TOTALLY CALLED IT. Edith does have a high-school mean girl complex. She can't stand it when someone she looks down upon to be better than her in any way. Even if she doesn't really care about h any other man other than Ares. Having men in general talking up Alicia's good looks, in general, kills her a little inside. Though, I am sad I was right about the uncle. I didn't want to be right because you can tell the brother wanted to believe in him and trust him. Yes, he's a nasty brat but he doesn't deserve to be betrayed like that.

Leilacus, Ruruki, marizz and 3 others like this.
  19. ardills

ardills Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the moment Alicia narrate that the lil brat relied on that Grand duke, I already feel something is a miss.. that lil brat was a tyrant, right.. who was it again that the tyrant rely on then they are the manipulator, aren't they?

maybe edith was running away fr that uncle.. maybe finally realized that she lived in a small world thus she run away to the forest and meet ares.. ofc this is under assumption that edith met ares after she had refined her character, not the way edith in the present..

Jukki likes this.
  20. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I can sort of see this turning into a plot twist where the Grand Douch maybe slowly poisoned his emperor brother and/or faked the will to be responsible for the little shit. Maybe the emperor new that his brother was not fit to rule, hence why he chose to immediately make his son he new nothing about the emperor rather than designate that he should only take office when he comes of age or something

Aeiru28 likes this.