Random childhood memories?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Feb 9, 2020.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there childhood memory that you have forgotten—like gone, you didn’t even know it had happened—but suddenly, out of the blue, the memory came back?

I have couples. In high school, I suddenly recalled a memory from what I believed was first grade. We were playing Bingo and I won the big prize, a big candy bar. I immediately, on the teacher recommendation I think, put it away in my backpack, which was kept in another room. That other room also is the entrance to the bathroom. It’s kind of a strange set up. I was upset after seeing a boy classmate got up to go use the restroom. I had this feeling my candy cane was gone. Later, I left for the restroom and checked my backpack. It was really gone. I wanted to check that boy’s backpack, but I didn’t know which was his. I came back upset, but I was a very shy girl and couldn’t tell the teacher my candy cane was stolen; and who likely was the thief.

In another one, in Kindergarten, while I was busy playing with blocks by myself, two boys accused me of saying the B word. The teacher came to me and said I shouldn’t say the bad word. The shy me cried and responded that I didn’t say it. I truly didn’t even know what the B word was. My parents didn’t speak English and I didn’t hang out with other children outside of school—where would I learn bad words?

In another memory, I was a cheater. It was in Kindergarten. The teacher wanted students to write. I don’t remember the subject, but I didn’t know what to write. I copied the boy beside me. When the teacher called us over to ask, I didn’t admit it and insisted it was my story. I think the teacher knew who wrote it and who copied. I don’t have any recollection of what happened after this. Thinking back, I’m quite ashamed. But then I understand why I did it. I really didn’t know what to write. My English was pretty low and bad. But I didn’t want to fall behind. I was afraid I would not get the assignment done. I didn’t quite understand why it was not okay to copy either.
    ———
    Not related, but my sister once told me of what happened to her in Kindergarten. A girl who had a similar rose coat to my sister’s one day demanded that my sister stole her coat. Who knows where her coat went, but she demanded my sister “returned” her coat. My sister of course responded that she didn’t—that was her rose coat. Either way, the teacher had my sister “returned” the coat. My sister was a super shy girl that when the teacher said so, she did so. We didn’t know of the incident. The mother of the student learned of the incident and came to apologize with a new coat for my sister. That was how my mom learned of the incident, but it was never mentioned to me until years later. I could only guess that maybe the student went home with my sister’s coat and found out her rose coat was home—and not stolen. Or somehow the mom knew the coat wasn’t her daughter and came to apologize.

Loni4ever and mir like this.
  2. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, they all seem to be bad memories.

But no, I don't think I've experienced this sort of thing. Unless lying in bed wide awake at night trying to fall asleep when you suddenly remember something cringy or embarrassing from your past and you just wanna dig yourself into a hole counts?

manga2000 and pokeito like this.
  3. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    *Starts to recall memories from childhood*
    *Stops and goes to a corner and mutter*
    "No.... not the whip and the beatings.... anything but the beatings... it was the father's fault for killing big sister..."

Chrono Vlad likes this.
  4. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont remember shit about my childhood, or about 2 years ago even, I've got serious memory issues that I should probably get looked at, it's like I've got a couple years of memory and anything past that gets deleted. I've got a very hazy idea of my first 18 years

5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *recalls making first friend in school over a game of dodgeball*
    In hindsight, should've realised he was a dodgy character. :sweating_profusely:

Loni4ever likes this.
  6. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Start a journal.

He’s a bad friend?

otaku31 likes this.
  7. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *was. Tried to backstab me. :blobangery:
    Won't go into details here.

cap.toon likes this.
  8. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember running naked outside not wanting to go to school and getting slapped by my teacher for not finishing the homework. Ah... Good days.

Sawanara murasaki likes this.
  9. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recall experiencing the legendary childhood friend event?:sweating_profusely:

Disgusting memory, I must say. Reminds me that girls at a very young age are precocious.:blobfearful:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  10. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depression has been linked to memory problems, such as forgetfulness or confusion. It can also make it difficult to focus on work or other tasks, make decisions, or think clearly. Stress and anxiety can also lead to poor memory.
    Depression is associated with short-term memory loss. It doesn’t affect other types of memory, such as long-term memory and procedural memory, which controls motor skills.

so uhh... get that checked out

edit: might also just be a braintumor or alzheimers messing with your brain... but depression/stress/anxiety seems to be more common in young people

11. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I have memory issues and bad dreams.

12. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    I can remember some of my childhood memories with a lot of details ~ :blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes:
    But most of it is a kinda bad memories ~ :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

cap.toon likes this.
  13. LeakLeaf

LeakLeaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you all have some sad childhoods damn at least mine was cringy, one time my friend thought he was a robot, like legit from a superhero show or something he started speaking like batman or something then i just slapped him with a reality check lol.
    I remember this cuz I read this forum title idk why it just sprung to me like this XD

cap.toon likes this.
  14. Ichigoeater

Ichigoeater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember my childhood pretty clearly, for some reason. Things don't go vague until 4 years or younger.

I remember crying when I was 2 because my mom was putting nail polish on my toes and I translated the coldness and ticklishness as pain for some reason.

I remember going to an airplane museum of some sort, accidentally staying until past closing, and having to find an opening at the gate to crawl out of when I was 3.

I remember going on my dad's truck (he was a nationwide truck driver) with my mom and older sister and brother for a year (this was the same year we went to the museum). This was apparently completely illegal, bringing your family along, and I vaguely remember Mom telling us to stay in the back of the cab quietly, else our dad would get in trouble. During that year, I only remember three things besides the museum.

First, my sister tipped over the port-a-potty by using it as a stool. The smell was so bad, even a baby couldn't forget it.

Second, I woke up while everyone else was sleeping because I was thirsty, tried to open a can of Coke but couldn't all the way, and ended up sipping from the leak I managed to cause, putting it back in the case once I was done. My mom cursed in the morning when she saw the mess that caused.

Third, I remember waking up and not seeing my dad. Went to the front of the cab to pretend I was a driver. Saw him outside next to some lady's truck chatting her up. I didn't understand at the time, but...yeah. I found out recently that I have anywhere from 13 to 18 half siblings across the U.S., a good number between my older brother's age and mine. What a scumbag.

Oh, I also remember getting sleep paralysis for the first time when I was 4. Or was I 5? That's all I remember that's interesting.

15. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oof scum bag dad.... hopefully your mom divorced him...

16. pokeito

pokeito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One random memory of mine is barging into my neighbour's house uninvited when I was 3 and I demanded a banana. Poor auntie was confused like 'who's this kid?'

manga2000 and Snowbun like this.
  17. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I randomly recalled a childhood memory of a big dog. I held onto that memory for years. Turns out it was fake. I didn't have a dog.

pokeito, cap.toon and Amaruna Myu like this.
  18. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember a time in elementary when i cut my neck while cycling because a stray kite line

19. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Legendary childhood? What is that?

Haha—he must have cried. But superheroes don’t cry!!

Did any of those women chased him for child support? With that many kids—god, the court should be hot on his ass if the mom can identify him. But nowadays, women have kids without knowing who the dad is.

20. blues86

blues86 [Pickle's numba wan follower]

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember dressing my young brothers as girls when I was 5 and they were 2 y o. Then I paraded them around the neigborhood. All my neighbors praised them cute and I as a big sister feeling so proud. :blob_grin:
    Sadly I didn't take a pic of them. I am sure it would be a good tool to blackmail them XD

Snowbun and cap.toon like this.