LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the Russian rankers named Knight who we met during the elf kidnapping incident where they were originally intended to be eaten by a massive cave cricket.

Yomiel Metathronos likes this.
  2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how many talented players got steamrolled by the awesome Grid and further stepped on by the chasing Kraguel. Heck, even the OG guild is officially the number 1 guild with no one to contest.

The amount of people who are just happy with it is so... scary, yet this sadly fits well IRL with people worshipping idols and sportstars as though deities.

3. codered999

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose part of it is that many agree that they earned what they have now and since there's so much content they aren't worried about OGK negatively affecting their own stuff. Though many who are negatively affected are usually the ones doing stupid, shady, or violent things like with Blood Carnival who aren't happy about OGK, but most accept that their style of gameplay has consequences.

Yomiel Metathronos, 0000000 and tkato like this.
  4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    You also forgot Veradin, the guy who must die five times (lol), the Evil Merchant who got his shits rocked because he used his life experience wrongly on Grid (as the GOOD MC will defeat the Tragic Villain, while completely ignoring his pain by just stuffing down more pain on him, case and point fucking up his money making route and stuffing it down OG's pockets, just like the typical CN MC), the Seven Guilds who are now mostly OGK and a couple more that I might had forgotten.

To be fair, they actually reminded me about some truths in life, that there are limited resources and clashes are inevitable. It is just that the author is doing too little to show the aftermath of Grid Rolling, like on the recent Gauss, like the Blood Carnival"s extremely fucked up sisters, or dedicate a full chapter to see Veradin repeatedly dying because everyone wants to please Grid (lol).

The whole "everyone will get a pie" thing had been talked about by the CEO, but he did mentioned things like "there is only one at the top", so yeah, at least it is good to see some PvP portion of people trying to overtake Grid, or the game might as well be called Grid's Satisfy, just like the Gary Stu in Master of All.

5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...so Garam's superiority complex and absolute hatred for Pagma is thanks to Hanul?

Wow, and Grid admitting he cannot beat Garam now is a good start to power.

6. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hanul seems to be display narcissism. Pride? Do I smell another of the seven here?

Speaking of the seven, what where their names and matching sin again? I just remember him..
    Zik(frector) – Sloth

He never admitted to be able to beat Garam.

And yet the next moment he freakin' borrows Mercedes' Keen Insight

Grid be like..."Yes I can't beat you...but I am never alone."

0000000 and tkato like this.
  7. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone getting the vibe that Yangbans are worse versions of the Empire? Like, the caste system is so much worse. And then they decided to fuck Grid's shit further by having two more blokes popping in to fuck up more shits.

Then came Braham offscreen killing the hydra like Gandolf acting all mighty and stamp the worthless fake human yangbans to pieces.

8. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not sure if being deified is enough to give the deity stat which then allows one to become a god. Grid opened deity stat after he got glimpsed the myth title (due to having multiple legendary classes) and Isabel deified him causing the title to upgrade. I can only see Agnus having multiple legendary classes. There might be other ways to get the deity stat. Perhaps just being deified is enough but Irene was pretty much deifying Grid around the golem invasion arc so I doubt it. Although Grid estimated Haichyen Saharan to be myth level due to being worshipped but I don't know. If any of the other players become a half-god then that can open deity stat.

flag9801 likes this.
  9. codered999

Reading List:
    Link
    Irene worshiped him as her hero, not as a god. Where as Isabel worshiped him more than she did Rebecca. The whole thing of being a deity requires worship above a certain point. You can only be a god if people worship you or you get born as one or you are created or turned into one by a god. Players can do two of these and Grid turned one of them down. But as Grid found out thanks to Garam, getting turned into one through some one else is hollow and weaker. Plus forcing worship is worse since you can easily lose your followers in moments of weakness.

JHI, tkato, 0000000 and 2 others like this.
  10. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    these last few chapters have basically been overgeared's version of endgame lmao. except i guess Grid is captain South Korea instead of captain America

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  11. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    So...Braham is...Cap'n Marvel?

Author just made a double down. GG Garam.

12. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well if Grid was cap' then i feel like Braham would be Iron man based on their relationship.... but god lets hope its not the exact same as endgame lol.

13. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Veradin's back! To get killed over and over again! YAY!

Grid can literally do a "not a yangban dun talk to me" to Veradin while simultaneously crush him to death over and over again.

14. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm quite annoyed that the scum managed to get to the East Continent.

Anyone wanna bet that he gets toyed by either Blue Tiger or Tosun (Rabbit)???

Mercy, 0000000 and tkato like this.
  15. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i either forgot or it didn't mention that Jishuka became a Korean citizen fully. i guess it was implied by them moving to Korea but is anyone else in overgeared competing for Korea too or is it just Jishuka doing it because she likes grid?

Mercy likes this.
  16. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Jishuka specifically applied to be a citizen.
    1. Because Grid
    2. She sold everything she had in Brazil for THAT bow. So all she has is the building in Korea.

tkato likes this.
  17. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i mean it makes sense, and im not doubting the reasoning, i just didn't remember it specifically happening lol

18. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, why the fuck does East has so much hidden classes for players??? Undead? That is somehow similar to Agnus' Lich body! The jiangshi job really sound like some dark arts body cultivation technique...

Still get one turn kill by Grid though.

I wonder if Grid and Braham will torture kill the evil daoist after getting some info, before restarting the Veradin season in the East as well.

Once again, messing with a major guild and your life is fucked.

Btw, what happened to Empress Marie? And the idiot player who tried to enslave Mercedes in early of the chapters?

19. codered999

Reading List:
    Link
    Is not a class change, he's still a necromancer. His race changed to Black Horse Jiangshi.

20. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, same as those who got turned into orcs and elves right? With their racial benefits and penalties implemented.

So a jiangshi (living/ stiff corpse) necromancer, what level of undeadness are we in? Type two?